Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Safe sex, sex tests etc....

Jump to newest

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Good morning,

I know this subject has been covered lots on the forums but I need some advice please.

I have a fwb, we have been together 10 months and we only do bareback with each other.

We do sometimes play with others in clubs or separately and it’s safe sex (condoms) with others.

However, I would like some advice on safe sex, i.e. cunnilingus and fellatio with others.

How often should sex tests be done etc. What can we do to protect ourselves against diseases?

Please no derogative comments.

Bhubaysi xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The clinic I go to usually advise testing three monthly.

Oral sex without protection runs the risks of catching sti’s still.

I don’t think it likely to catch something they can’t easily treat though.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Condoms for oral on men, dental dams for oral on women.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Condoms for oral on men, dental dams for oral on women. "

Add Surgical gloves for touching .... but what about kissing ? All kinds of nasties get passed mouth to mouth

By *tticusukMan
over a year ago

Formby

I would suggest every 3 months for swabs if you are having uncovered oral!

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

Every three months is my rule and I go to the sexual health clinic rather than my GP (who only offers swab and urine) and get bloods done for HIV and Hep.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The clinic we use advises 3 monthly testing...

Some sti's can take upto 12 weeks to show

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Condoms for oral on men, dental dams for oral on women. "

Do anyone use dental dams? How?

Kissing can be refrained from....

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Google SH24 which is a service that does free testing 'in some areas' - they send a kit out, you provide the samples and send them back, they text you the results. I have used it and think it is a good service.

Once you enter your postcode, you will find out if your area is covered.

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Google SH24 which is a service that does free testing 'in some areas' - they send a kit out, you provide the samples and send them back, they text you the results. I have used it and think it is a good service.

Once you enter your postcode, you will find out if your area is covered."

£74 for a test kit.....gotta be joking right.....

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

"Google SH24 which is a service that does free testing 'in some areas' - they send a kit out, you provide the samples and send them back, they text you the results. I have used it and think it is a good service.

£74 for a test kit.....gotta be joking right....."

The kits and testing are free, sent out by 1st class (discreet) post. I have never paid.

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

£74 for a test kit.....gotta be joking right....."

This is why sexual testing across the country needs to be uniform. Lots of people complain in the press that recycling is different across council areas but I think that not having one easy to follow testing procedure across health authorities, creates confusion with some people not bothering.

I’m not saying that you won’t bother to get tested OP but the differences across areas must put some off

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

This is why sexual testing across the country needs to be uniform. Lots of people complain in the press that recycling is different across council areas but I think that not having one easy to follow testing procedure across health authorities, creates confusion with some people not bothering.

I’m not saying that you won’t bother to get tested OP but the differences across areas must put some off"

I have managed to get a free test kit from my local NHS however my fwb has harder to find a free kit in his area. I am definitely going to bother no doubt about that.

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

The kits and testing are free, sent out by 1st class (discreet) post. I have never paid."

They are only free in certain areas and Yorkshire have to pay....

By *niceguyMan
over a year ago

Bristol

I went to my local health centre a couple of weeks ago and they told me I couldn't have an appointment as I had no symptoms. They advised me to order a self test kit from the sexual clinic website.

It was easy to do and just waiting on my results which they can text, post or call you.

I would consider it a low level risk from oral or kissing and the 3 months advice is based on having unprotected sex.

Depends how much peace of mind you want.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I have a similar situation to you and we all get tested every 3 months as well, I'm lucky enough to get the free postal test kits, also if any of you suffer from bleeding gums don't brush your teeth before engaging in oral x

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"

I have managed to get a free test kit from my local NHS however my fwb has harder to find a free kit in his area. I am definitely going to bother no doubt about that."

You don’t have to be from the same area, or even same country, to be able to get sexual testing (obv re my previous post that might be health authority specific) at my sexual health clinic. Anyone from anywhere can attend. So perhaps you could order two. Or if you can let him know or (dare I say it) give your address when he orders a kit.

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

I have managed to get a free test kit from my local NHS however my fwb has harder to find a free kit in his area. I am definitely going to bother no doubt about that.

You don’t have to be from the same area, or even same country, to be able to get sexual testing (obv re my previous post that might be health authority specific) at my sexual health clinic. Anyone from anywhere can attend. So perhaps you could order two. Or if you can let him know or (dare I say it) give your address when he orders a kit. "

Two kits to the same address then if there is a problem who would have the problem? I managed to get him a kit but had to lie about his age. Clearly there is a national issue with free self sex test kits in the U.K.

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

Funding has been cut by 88% of councils on sexual testing and in those who have cut, it’s up to 25% they cut budgets by.

If only there was a big media focus on infections that affect people and the importance of testing..,..

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Funding has been cut by 88% of councils on sexual testing and in those who have cut, it’s up to 25% they cut budgets by.

If only there was a big media focus on infections that affect people and the importance of testing..,..

"

I completely agree.....

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Anymore help and advice folks?

Thank you.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"

You don’t have to be from the same area, or even same country, to be able to get sexual testing (obv re my previous post that might be health authority specific) at my sexual health clinic. Anyone from anywhere can attend. So perhaps you could order two. Or if you can let him know or (dare I say it) give your address when he orders a kit.

Two kits to the same address then if there is a problem who would have the problem? I managed to get him a kit but had to lie about his age. Clearly there is a national issue with free self sex test kits in the U.K. "

Don't worry about two kits to one address, when you send them back separately you will get results texted to whichever phone you request on the form - they are unlikely to get mixed up.

By *hubaysi OP   Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Two kits to the same address then if there is a problem who would have the problem? I managed to get him a kit but had to lie about his age. Clearly there is a national issue with free self sex test kits in the U.K.

Don't worry about two kits to one address, when you send them back separately you will get results texted to whichever phone you request on the form - they are unlikely to get mixed up."

Ok thank you x

Post new Message to Thread