Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feeling good about yourself

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What's the last thing that made you feel really good about yourself, really content?

At the risk of killing my thread... You don't have to share. I just wanted to put the thought in your head. Make you smile.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some of the feedback I've recieved at work has been really nice this week.

Im about to leave for a new role so it's good to know people felt I made a difference for them

over a year ago

A promotion at work!

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"What's the last thing that made you feel really good about yourself, really content?

At the risk of killing my thread... You don't have to share. I just wanted to put the thought in your head. Make you smile."

i can type again yay!1 and come and say hi to my friends..im exhausted but totally content with this small miracle x

over a year ago

Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc.

By *nvisible_beardMan
over a year ago

near newbridge, wales

Being in a stable routine

Now I'm not

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

Getting a 83% grade on a recent essay at university

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Getting a 83% grade on a recent essay at university "

Wow! Congratulations

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc. "
thats just awesome..go you xxx

over a year ago

Got a reply from a female wahhayyyy!!!!!!!

Seriously had the great news that my mum had the all clear!!

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I threw a house party for my pub friends from my old local so they could see my new place and we could all catch up.

Got lots of lovely texts the next day saying I smashed it as a host/the food/how much fun they all had and requests for a repeat performance! It genuinely made me feel pretty good, and I think a number of them were quite surprised!

over a year ago

"Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc. thats just awesome..go you xxx"

Thanks, after a year of mental health problems its a breath of fresh air x

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Someone approached me when I was out and slightly tipsy last weekend and thanked me for something I had done for them in my line of work several years ago.

Generally I’d only get feedback when it was negative and so it gave me a very warm and fuzzy feeling

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc. thats just awesome..go you xxx

Thanks, after a year of mental health problems its a breath of fresh air x"

Sleep really helps mental health x

over a year ago

Can finally tie my own shoelace

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc. "

Great news! I have catathrenia and basically got told to get on with it great to hear another person suffering with sleep has a good solution!

over a year ago

"Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc. thats just awesome..go you xxx

Thanks, after a year of mental health problems its a breath of fresh air x

Sleep really helps mental health x"

I know its been like the solution to all my problems.

over a year ago

"Got diagnosed with sleep apnoea, got given a cpap machine, oh my god im like a different person, lively, awake etc etc.

Great news! I have catathrenia and basically got told to get on with it great to hear another person suffering with sleep has a good solution! "

Thanks

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

My hairdresser told me I was beautiful today and I went bright red because I've got a proper crush on her and can't tell what's professional and what's personal (she's gay). But it was a lovely compliment whatever!

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

The whole of today has been rather amazing

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've had a shit time of 2020 to date, and have had a lot of people telling me how strong I am and how well I'm handling everything.

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

My best mate, who fell out with me last year big time, and wished me dead has made up with me, but in an unsaid way. He just started being friendly again and things are as they were, but we've never mentioned why we fell out, and probably never will.

over a year ago

"I've had a shit time of 2020 to date, and have had a lot of people telling me how strong I am and how well I'm handling everything. "

Well you should feel better for this you've made people reminisce on good thoughts it's good to see a positive thread

over a year ago

New job starts April..

over a year ago

Reconnecting with someone I thought had lost interest

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've had a shit time of 2020 to date, and have had a lot of people telling me how strong I am and how well I'm handling everything. "

Sorry to hear you've had a rubbish year so far. It's great that you're handling everything well! Remember to be gentle with yourself and take time out if necessary (and able) too.

You start really thoughtful, interesting and useful threads and I always look forward to seeing them!

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"I've had a shit time of 2020 to date, and have had a lot of people telling me how strong I am and how well I'm handling everything.

Well you should feel better for this you've made people reminisce on good thoughts it's good to see a positive thread "

over a year ago

My friends, they always have my back no matter how crap I'm feeling

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Being told that I have done AMAZING in my fitness classes/bootcamp this week. I am aching like hell but on a natural high.

over a year ago

I'm struggling to remember ...2020 has been awful so far, my life is a mess

over a year ago

Not a clue, it's been a long time since I have

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

A really thoughtful present from a friend - the words written in the card that accompanied it made me realise how special I am to them

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"I'm struggling to remember ...2020 has been awful so far, my life is a mess"

Massiblve hugs to you, and to anyone else who needs one. Life can be so tough, just keep plodding on a day at a time. Thrre is always light at the end of the tunnel.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"Not a clue, it's been a long time since I have "

Massive hugs

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Keep trucking! The last six months has been much better but the 18 prior to that, the wheels completely came off the chariot and just about everything hit the fan. It will improve! 3

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

My 14 year old son told me he was proud of me ... mama glow!!

over a year ago

"I'm struggling to remember ...2020 has been awful so far, my life is a mess

Massiblve hugs to you, and to anyone else who needs one. Life can be so tough, just keep plodding on a day at a time. Thrre is always light at the end of the tunnel."

Thank you x

over a year ago

"I'm struggling to remember ...2020 has been awful so far, my life is a mess

Keep trucking! The last six months has been much better but the 18 prior to that, the wheels completely came off the chariot and just about everything hit the fan. It will improve! 3"

Thank you x

over a year ago

Every-time I cook, i’m not on any social media sites but i still take pictures of my meals

over a year ago

I'm so sorry. My words won't help so sending you a massive hug Xx really hope the year gets better for you soon xx

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"Every-time I cook, i’m not on any social media sites but i still take pictures of my meals "

Just print them off and pop them in the post to your family and friends every evening like I do

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I've had a shit time of 2020 to date, and have had a lot of people telling me how strong I am and how well I'm handling everything.

Well you should feel better for this you've made people reminisce on good thoughts it's good to see a positive thread "

Thank you.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Stay positive and you’ll pull through. I’m sorry you’re having a hard time but remember that when you bottom out, you can only go up and you’ll gain momentum in the right direction xx

over a year ago

Thanks for the the smile OP ...

over a year ago

Hugs to you all. We really don't tell each other enough how important people are in our lives. It's only when someone takes their own lives that you hear people say good things about them so my promise to myself this year is to not only tell myself how important and loved I am but to all the people on my life. I have pushed a lot of them away but this week I reached out to one or two and it feels bloody brilliant

You might not thing you matter to someone, but someone laughs when they remember a joke you told, or a night out in your company, or a movie you have watched together.

Hugs xx

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"Hugs to you all. We really don't tell each other enough how important people are in our lives. It's only when someone takes their own lives that you hear people say good things about them so my promise to myself this year is to not only tell myself how important and loved I am but to all the people on my life. I have pushed a lot of them away but this week I reached out to one or two and it feels bloody brilliant

You might not thing you matter to someone, but someone laughs when they remember a joke you told, or a night out in your company, or a movie you have watched together.

Hugs xx"

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Teeny steps, it'll clear. Sending love x

over a year ago

I'm struggling to remember when I liked myself last never mind felt good about myself

over a year ago

Cuddling my cat earlier after she had a big operation today, she was purring and paddling, and it was just lovely x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm struggling to remember when I liked myself last never mind felt good about myself"

Have a look on Google for self compassion. Look at the website x

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"Not a clue, it's been a long time since I have "

Sometimes simply being gentle with yourself is good enough xxx

over a year ago

This might sound nothing but although I'm fit, I have shit core and stability and I've started working on it this year. And it's been shit, zero progress. And now all of a sudden I'm nailing it and I'm possibly prouder of this than I should be

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"This might sound nothing but although I'm fit, I have shit core and stability and I've started working on it this year. And it's been shit, zero progress. And now all of a sudden I'm nailing it and I'm possibly prouder of this than I should be"

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The ongoing support of a few friends here. #youknowwhoyouare

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

Tbh, the last several years have not been good. There have been odd moments of happiness, and I'm really grateful to the friends who have helped with that, but on the whole i spend much of the time varying between low and very low.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Tbh, the last several years have not been good. There have been odd moments of happiness, and I'm really grateful to the friends who have helped with that, but on the whole i spend much of the time varying between low and very low."

Big hugs xx

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I tried a new hair thing today and I feel like I might be on my way to working out wtf to do with this mess

over a year ago

Hearing other people tell me I am beautiful. They might only be 6 and 7 year olds and I was dressed as a book character but it was still nice to hear it

By *nlyIfItsWorthItMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Getting a 83% grade on a recent essay at university

Wow! Congratulations"

Thank you x

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Hearing other people tell me I am beautiful. They might only be 6 and 7 year olds and I was dressed as a book character but it was still nice to hear it "

By *ympho6969Woman
over a year ago

glasgow

Having my old manager and new manager (both same company) fight over me when I was offered a new job. One fighting for me not to leave and the other only interested in me for the new role.

Felt bloody amazing

over a year ago

"This might sound nothing but although I'm fit, I have shit core and stability and I've started working on it this year. And it's been shit, zero progress. And now all of a sudden I'm nailing it and I'm possibly prouder of this than I should be"

That's awesome.

We should celebrate our triumphs, however small they seem. Well done

over a year ago

"What's the last thing that made you feel really good about yourself, really content?

At the risk of killing my thread... You don't have to share. I just wanted to put the thought in your head. Make you smile."

Talked someone out of jacking in their job because she was so pissed off with the careless boss. Sorted out both of them. Feeling great

over a year ago

I feel good about myself pretty much all the time.

The alternative sucks, why do that to yourself?

over a year ago

"This might sound nothing but although I'm fit, I have shit core and stability and I've started working on it this year. And it's been shit, zero progress. And now all of a sudden I'm nailing it and I'm possibly prouder of this than I should be

That's awesome.

We should celebrate our triumphs, however small they seem. Well done "

I learnt along time ago to celebrate and find happiness in the seemingly trivial and it was the best thing that I ever learnt.

The core and stability work is all working towards a much bigger goal but I'm hopefully going to find satisfaction in numerous smaller goals along the way

over a year ago

"This might sound nothing but although I'm fit, I have shit core and stability and I've started working on it this year. And it's been shit, zero progress. And now all of a sudden I'm nailing it and I'm possibly prouder of this than I should be

That's awesome.

We should celebrate our triumphs, however small they seem. Well done

I learnt along time ago to celebrate and find happiness in the seemingly trivial and it was the best thing that I ever learnt.

The core and stability work is all working towards a much bigger goal but I'm hopefully going to find satisfaction in numerous smaller goals along the way"

It's a little thing that can make a big difference.

Good for you

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I feel good about myself pretty much all the time.

The alternative sucks, why do that to yourself? "

It's not always a choice. I can celebrate my success when I can do it.

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I've got the radio on and am having a good rock around belting into my hairbrush

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Swimming 50 lengths then relaxing in the steamroom. Great feeling.

over a year ago

I feel good about myself everyday and the last time was today after the gym workout. I like the feel good factor you get of the workouts

over a year ago

Buying new clothes

over a year ago

My morning swim makes me feel good about myself. That's partly why I go every day.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

The job... every day is a new challenge ( including the sh1t email that landed in my inbox today)

Apart from that weds fab meeting was awesome

Post new Message to Thread