Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How often do you get sick?

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Are you one of those lucky sods who rarely get sick and even if you do your able to carry on pretty much as normal.

Or

Like me do you pick up everything that comes along and end up poleaxed by even a small cold ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have to take immunosuppressive medication which makes getting a slight cold a two week ordeal

Pisses me right off when people come to work full of it trying to be a hero.

over a year ago

I’m so healthy usually, but have been floored by a chest infection- I couldn’t play if my life depended on it

over a year ago

I just don't really get ill. 1 day sick in the last year and I was feeling real sorry for myself. I think I caught everything there was to catch when I worked with kids. Not really been ill since.

over a year ago

I seem to do OK picked up the odd bug or two over the years but usually shake it off within a few days

By *ympho6969Woman
over a year ago

glasgow

Havent had so much as a cold in over 2 years. Last time I got a cold. Then the flu right after and to top it off I got pneumonia and spent 3 days in hospital in the lead up to Christmas. Health as a horse since though

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm on the free flu jab list, have been since my late 20s. It's a bit like that

over a year ago

I've had one sick day in the last 9 years. I get a cold or a cough once a year maybe less, but not enough to put me down. I work outside in all weather, and I think that's the key, rather than being couped up in an air conditioned office breathing in recycled air.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I just lost the genetic lottery *shrug*

over a year ago

I rarely get ill, but I pick up injuries easily so am usually in pain from one joint or muscle or another.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

Usually we are pretty lucky and are rarely poorly but since October we are on our 3rd cold each, this last one has lasted nearly 6 weeks and morphed into a sinus infection for me (her) which I am now at the tail end of.

During all of the illness I had one day off work as I was just too ill to get out of bed, other than that I just get on with stuff. X

over a year ago

"I rarely get ill, but I pick up injuries easily so am usually in pain from one joint or muscle or another. "

That's just age!!

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Ive a autoimmune problem so i pick up everything going ..

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I just lost the genetic lottery *shrug*"

Same.

I was fine until I got glandular fever in my early 20's and had the immune system of a 80 year old since

over a year ago

No had a day off work due to illness in over 20 years. I'll probably just keel over and die one day.

over a year ago

I don't get sick often, but when I do it completely knocks me off my feet.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

always was a healthy sort..strong as an ox..atm been house/bed bound for over a year..its shit...

not vying for sympathy.

i sincerely hope you all feel better soon xx

over a year ago

Im always ill but dont let it put me down. Unless its stomach related

over a year ago

"Are you one of those lucky sods who rarely get sick and even if you do your able to carry on pretty much as normal.

Or

Like me do you pick up everything that comes along and end up poleaxed by even a small cold ?"

yep never get sick

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

Hardly ever - I put that down to working outside a lot, I got proper flu in 2016 which laid me up for around 3 weeks.

But before then it’s only really been injuries through acting like a silly bugger.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I just lost the genetic lottery *shrug*

Same.

I was fine until I got glandular fever in my early 20's and had the immune system of a 80 year old since"

Autoimmune disease as a teenager, other shit along the way. Doctors say I'm too young for medication and I'm never sure whether to laugh or cry.

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Unfortunately I get sick alot and it tends to knock me off my feet. Sex has always been my therapy though, It's the only thing to do when you're bed ridden. I find a sense of humour helps too.

Jo.Xx

By *abasaurus RexMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I seem to get most things tbh. Most of the time I can just carry on though but generally go down for 5-10 days a year with man flu

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Unfortunately I get sick alot and it tends to knock me off my feet. Sex has always been my therapy though, It's the only thing to do when you're bed ridden. I find a sense of humour helps too.

Jo.Xx "

Well you won't be short of offers to help you with your therapy

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Are you one of those lucky sods who rarely get sick and even if you do your able to carry on pretty much as normal.

Or

Like me do you pick up everything that comes along and end up poleaxed by even a small cold ?"

Lucky sod right here!

over a year ago

I get a couple of colds/sore throats a year. I am a sicky person though, as in my gut is my weak spot. If there's a sickness bug I'll get it.

If I get too tired I'll throw up.

If I get too hot I'll throw up.

If I eat too much I'll throw up.

If I eat too quickly.... you guessed it, I'll throw up.

If I'm watching someone else play a computer game or the telly has visuals like the Blair witch project where it's bouncing round, I'm blowing chunks.

If I get over hungry.... I'm heaving.

Really bad smell and it's a scene out the exorcist.

My stomach likes to expel in protest to lots of things!

P

over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"I get a couple of colds/sore throats a year. I am a sicky person though, as in my gut is my weak spot. If there's a sickness bug I'll get it.

If I'm watching someone else play a computer game or the telly has visuals like the Blair witch project where it's bouncing round, I'm blowing chunks.

P"

Errrmmm do you swallow??

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I get a couple of colds/sore throats a year. I am a sicky person though, as in my gut is my weak spot. If there's a sickness bug I'll get it.

P"

I throw up when I'm stressed or I've gone through gnarly psychological processing

over a year ago

I used to be ok but since having children I’m always picking something up!

over a year ago

P

Errrmmm do you swallow?? "

Funnily enough I do!

Can't deep throat though. Bet ya can't guess what happens...

P

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

P

Errrmmm do you swallow??

Funnily enough I do!

Can't deep throat though. Bet ya can't guess what happens...

P"

over a year ago

P

I throw up when I'm stressed or I've gone through gnarly psychological processing"

Wank ain't it

P

over a year ago

I'm rarely ill thankfully.

The last time I threw up was last July, I was sick a couple of times on an evening then felt a bit ropey for a day. Rarely come down with colds too, the last I had was for three days in January. I come into contact with a lot of people's germs through work so I must have a pretty good immune system.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

P

I throw up when I'm stressed or I've gone through gnarly psychological processing

Wank ain't it

P"

Sometimes. Sometimes it's like poison leaving my system and it's almost a good thing. Hard to explain.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/03/20 22:06:49]

over a year ago

P

Wank ain't it

P"

Whereas I almost never get ill at all, throwing up or otherwise. I believe the Creator intended this as he has a nursemaid's role set aside for me...

B

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I rarely catch anything contagious. I used to, particularly because I work with the filthy public and if I caught a cold it wouldn't be over in a couple of days like it had for the people I caught it from, it would turn into bronchitis and asthma and I'd have to go to hospital. But then I discovered I had a severe Vitamin D deficiency and since taking care of that I rarely catch anything contagious now. Vitamin D is essential for your immune system apparently, so if you feel you're always catching colds etc. get your D levels checked

over a year ago

I rarely ever get sick, but I live in a constant state of "groggy" but that's partly due to my job I suppose, I spend all day exposed to germs and bugs.

over a year ago

I'm immune compromised so I'm often ill.

over a year ago

I very really get ill, if I do it’s my tonsils. My children are the same both have not seen their dr since birth and they are 16 and 14. Both not ever had one issue.

over a year ago

P

Wank ain't it

P

Whereas I almost never get ill at all, throwing up or otherwise. I believe the Creator intended this as he has a nursemaid's role set aside for me...

B"

I'll get you a lovely outfit for just the occasion

Fucking hell I have tears rolling just thinking about it

P

over a year ago

"I'm immune compromised so I'm often ill. "

Hope your ok x

over a year ago

P

Wank ain't it

P

B

I'll get you a lovely outfit for just the occasion

Fucking hell I have tears rolling just thinking about it

P"

Make sure it's latex.

over a year ago

"I have to take immunosuppressive medication which makes getting a slight cold a two week ordeal

Pisses me right off when people come to work full of it trying to be a hero. "

I told you that if you ate my arse more often that it would help your immune system.

over a year ago

"I rarely catch anything contagious. I used to, particularly because I work with the filthy public and if I caught a cold it wouldn't be over in a couple of days like it had for the people I caught it from, it would turn into bronchitis and asthma and I'd have to go to hospital. But then I discovered I had a severe Vitamin D deficiency and since taking care of that I rarely catch anything contagious now. Vitamin D is essential for your immune system apparently, so if you feel you're always catching colds etc. get your D levels checked "

By *rAitchMan
over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I rarely get ill. If I catch a cold it's gone in a couple of days, but most of any sick time off work has been down to traumatic things, like a dislocated knee with torn ligaments after a motorbike competition accident, or when a fork lift truck ran me over, crushing my steel toecap boots, or when I coughed so hard I broke some ribs and the last one a couple of years ago when my intestines decided to pop and I lost half of my blood.

over a year ago

I seem to get alot of illnesses.

Last year I had a kidney infection that lasted months.

This time round I am only just recovering from a severe bout of flu, knocked me right off my feet

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Or

I'm In constant illness !!! But with the meds I just keep going !!! Work stupid hours and keep going !!! Need two operations but have to have 8-10 months off work !!! Can't afford that so just keep plodding on at work !!! Then I have another medical problem . But that's can't be treated till certain blood cells change , so I'm rayjwe fucked however i turn lol !!! But just keep going

By *d59michelleTV/TS
over a year ago

walsall

Actually sick or on the phone to work sick ?

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

Rarely but does asthma count though mild can still function.

over a year ago

I get I'll a lot due to respiratory issues but never take sick days.

I have work colleges that pull sickies for really frivolous complaints. Belly aches, Hangovers, cat ran off, tattoo leaked.

I've not had a sick day in 20 odd years. I'd probably still turn up even if I was in an iron lung.

over a year ago

Had an abscess up my arse a few months ago and still managed to get a bus and walk to walk even when in vast amount of pain.

By *ire_thornMan
over a year ago

no comment

I get sick maybe once every couple of years...

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I rarely get ill, but when I do I get ILL

over a year ago

Last time I was ill was swine flu. I do get colds but tend to just shrug them off easily. I'm entitled to flu jab now because I am my child's carer, but used to pay for it when I wasnt

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Very seldom do i get ill. Had 2days off work in 20yrs

By *d59michelleTV/TS
over a year ago

walsall

I went 10 years without a day sick had a few in my 90 days notice of redundancy fuck em

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

My immune system is TONK.. but I'm a bit prone to daft adventures and breaking things!

Arm, nose, collarbone, toe, finger, another finger - nastily, numerous torn ligaments in ankles, shoulder meh!

By *he_virgin_maryWoman
over a year ago

Here, there and everywhere!

I have several long term conditions and take immunosuppressive medication so I pick up every single bug under the sun.

By *ussD1Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

Or

I went gluten free a year ago. Helped me in so many ways regards health, body shape etc. But I’m picking up colds like there’s no tomorrow. Taking vitamin tablets but I’ve had three in three months. It’s all shit really.

over a year ago

I’m very rarely ill. Must be the alcohol

Killing everything

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Up until last year I'd almost never been sick ever , so last year hit me like a train .

Theres light at the end of the tunnel though and I'm gradually getting better

over a year ago

Pretty much every other week I'm ill. 100% down to my profession and this time of year

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

I very seldom get sick. I tend to notice it early and took proactive measures.

Sneezing and aching of the nape are my earliest signs of potential URTI - so I will take loads of broth/soups (re-hydrate) and paracetamol if I have a headache. And I will get normal again within the day.

Post new Message to Thread