Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How many chances?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Chats are going really well, a meet is arranged, life crops up so meet cancelled. The cycle repeats!!!

How many excuses/cancellations are deemed acceptable?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

At last, a question where a definitive answer can be given:

It depends

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Chats are going really well, a meet is arranged, life crops up so meet cancelled. The cycle repeats!!!

How many excuses/cancellations are deemed acceptable?"

over a year ago

This depends on circumstances I've had to cancel on someone more than once because of children being a single dad children can often throw a spanner in the works.

But I've also been cancelled on more than once.

I think sometimes people have lots of issues that can prevent meets and you gotta just take it at face value. If they give you as much time as possible as notice that they cant make it it's ok.

5 mind before meet time isnt great especially if you have had to travel to a meet place though

over a year ago

Yeah it depends on the situation. I’d give one more chance but then expect me to rock up in leggings, sliders and a hoody, zero effort would be made.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

One chance only. If you cancel i will plan something else with someone else. Lifes too short to play games.

over a year ago

Cheers

I totally understand that genuine cancellations occur. It’s when you get those cancellations that just don’t feel genuine!

over a year ago

"One chance only. If you cancel i will plan something else with someone else. Lifes too short to play games.

"

I get that bluebell but what if it's a genuine reason they cant meet.

I was meant to meet a couple late last year and the day I was meant to meet the couple I woke up with a rather bad sickness bug.

2e had been messaging for ages and I was due to meet at their house so wasnt like they had to travel anywhere but I messaged with 5 hours notice and apologised and said why only to be told what ever then get blocked by e couple never to hear from them again.

Life is short I agree but something's just cant be helped

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

If someone cancelled twice without a very good reason or apology we would be inclined to move on. The challenge is figuring out if they are type that repeatedly arranges multiple meets and chooses the best option , keeping you as a possible next time, but hopefully you’d spot that early.

over a year ago

I was recently stood up 30 minutes before we were due to meet. He said it was a work related reason. I did give him another chance and he turned up. I do understand that things happen and sometimes it can't be helped to cancel but, if I felt I was being taken for a ride, even if he was gorgeous and I wanted him, I would block and move on.

over a year ago

Leads on....

So simply block and move on or tell them what you think?

By *ongueFkYouMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"I was recently stood up 30 minutes before we were due to meet. He said it was a work related reason. I did give him another chance and he turned up. I do understand that things happen and sometimes it can't be helped to cancel but, if I felt I was being taken for a ride, even if he was gorgeous and I wanted him, I would block and move on. "
which guy would be daft enough to stand u up you're stunning xx

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I gave one guy last year 4 chances, first 3 cancellations seemed reasonable excuses and the 4th he stood me up but proceeded to hound me on WhatsApp feeling proud! This year I’ve had 2 guys stood me up so I blocked them and reported them. Do admin do anything about time wasters?

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"One chance only. If you cancel i will plan something else with someone else. Lifes too short to play games.

"

Most people have busy lives, families and work.

Cancelling doesn't mean they are playing games.

over a year ago

I rem_mber back in 2016 it was the start of the World Cup in football and wales were playing. Guy was adamant he was able to meet after watching the game in a pub. I offered an alternate day he insisted he’d make it. I cleaned my house top to bottom bought all that party good from Iceland cos he said he wanted a buffet, shaved my fanny, got ready. Time came to meet- nothing.

Got pissed didn’t he.

Nagged me for a week to give him another chance. I gave in, he turned up and I was like yeah I don’t even fancy you in the flesh. Couldn’t shake him for 2 years then he would still try.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

If they let me know in advance or it seems a genuine reason then I'll give them another chance, if they just go silent or don't turn up then no second chances.

over a year ago

"I rem_mber back in 2016 it was the start of the World Cup in football and wales were playing. Guy was adamant he was able to meet after watching the game in a pub. I offered an alternate day he insisted he’d make it. I cleaned my house top to bottom bought all that party good from Iceland cos he said he wanted a buffet, shaved my fanny, got ready. Time came to meet- nothing.

Got pissed didn’t he.

Nagged me for a week to give him another chance. I gave in, he turned up and I was like yeah I don’t even fancy you in the flesh. Couldn’t shake him for 2 years then he would still try. "

Cant believe you didnt a buffet for a meet you sure go.all out to.please dont you

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"I rem_mber back in 2016 it was the start of the World Cup in football and wales were playing. Guy was adamant he was able to meet after watching the game in a pub. I offered an alternate day he insisted he’d make it. I cleaned my house top to bottom bought all that party good from Iceland cos he said he wanted a buffet, shaved my fanny, got ready. Time came to meet- nothing.

Got pissed didn’t he.

Nagged me for a week to give him another chance. I gave in, he turned up and I was like yeah I don’t even fancy you in the flesh. Couldn’t shake him for 2 years then he would still try. "

A buffet? Bloody hell you do all inclusive

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Got pissed didn’t he.

Nagged me for a week to give him another chance. I gave in, he turned up and I was like yeah I don’t even fancy you in the flesh. Couldn’t shake him for 2 years then he would still try.

Cant believe you didnt a buffet for a meet you sure go.all out to.please dont you "

Yep a lot of effort that for a Fab man! A bag of crisis and a bottle of pop is all I would provide....

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Got pissed didn’t he.

Cant believe you didnt a buffet for a meet you sure go.all out to.please dont you

Yep a lot of effort that for a Fab man! A bag of crisis and a bottle of pop is all I would provide...."

Can’t beat a bit of crisis on a meet lol

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I’ve had to cancel a few times. I've young kid who seem to pick up a few bugs from School, i have a mum who’s not in the best of health. Family always come first.

I’m pretty good at feeling if i’m being given the run around so it depends on their reasons. I usually give a second chance but then my interest wanes anyway.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

First acceptable. Second, especially if you’ve spent time getting ready just to be let down, acceptable but will not rearrange a third.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I'm another one where it depends.

I've been given the silent treatment, and I don't give second chances when that happens.

If I get stood up there is no way back from that either.

If I'm getting on really well with someone and something has cropped up and they let me know, then I'll give it another go.

I have PCOS so I don't have a predictable cycle. Sometimes I've made plans and I'm really looking forward to it, then my period starts. I will talk to the guy about it and see what he wants to do, but if he assumes I'm just wasting his time and blocks me then I understand and would have no hard feelings - it's really hard to tell sometimes who has a genuine issue and who is just a flake.

over a year ago

"Chats are going really well, a meet is arranged, life crops up so meet cancelled. The cycle repeats!!!

12 realistic ones eg

i just came on bugger

my cars got a flat bugger

my mum just came round unexpected bugger

ive been arrested i used my one phone call to phone you bugger

i need to wash my hair but no shampoo my daughter used it all bugger

ive sprained my right wrist and I'm right handed bugger

I've got lockjaw really bad today bugger

my phone battery is abou

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

Lol we’ve had.

I’ve got a rash!

My mums not well

I had too much to drink at lunch time (although that wasn’t a cancelled meet that was a guy that just didn’t bother turning up!)

I’m working late

The list goes on!!!!

But just as bad if not worse is the arranging of a meet then getting ignored....

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

One chance. We had to cancel recently as we were both ill so we know stuff happens but if we cancelled on this gent again we wouldn't expect him to give us a third chance.

over a year ago

I had a met arranged cancelled couples of hour before due to work..

Next day verification pop top

No second chance!!

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Depends on the person.

over a year ago

By *oldyoudown41Man
over a year ago

caledonian

Definitely only 2 , it would drive you mad if it went on any further than that

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"I had a met arranged cancelled couples of hour before due to work..

Next day verification pop top

No second chance!!"

Oh yes, if there's an obvious lie then no second chance. That's more about the lying than the cancellation though for me.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Usually only 1 chance,unless its someone i know well,

Past experience has shown me that if they mess you around once,they usually do it again.

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

Depends.

If they cancel in advance giving a good reason then I'd give another chance.

If they are a simple no show with no reason then they don't get another.

over a year ago

How many excuses/cancellations are deemed acceptable?

2"

2 dozen thats very generous of you

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

The same person cancelled me twice. Once he had to work, second time he was ill.

His apology sounded genuine.

The third time I met him and we got on well.

So yeah, I give people the benefit of the doubt.

I think you can tell when someone is genuine usually.

over a year ago

I used to give a few chances. But recently after being let down several times, it’s now two chances.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

If the cancellation was properly informed (eg few hours earlier), maybe give another chance.

If a timewaster (didn't show up without informing), just block and report.

over a year ago

Cheers all- very informative

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Depends

over a year ago

"If they let me know in advance or it seems a genuine reason then I'll give them another chance, if they just go silent or don't turn up then no second chances. "

This.

I myself have been called into work at short notice and had to cancel. It happens.

P

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

over a year ago

Got pissed didn’t he.

Cant believe you did a buffet for a meet you sure go.all out to.please dont you "

Yeah I do, or should I say DID. No more though. No sir, it’s too draining on me.

I ain’t doing any kind of care package, pampering meets anymore. Fuck that. Just gonna fuck guys and send them on their way. Fuck making them feel good.

over a year ago

Trust your guts man... it will tell if someone is taking the piss

over a year ago

Two strikes and you're out, I think that's fair depending on the sincerity of the excuse. If there's no attempt made to get a message to me to cancel, I will block and report them.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple
over a year ago

Darlington

It all depends. We get that work and family dictate a lot of things for a lot of people. That all said we have only ever had issues with unverified accounts and single guys on here (who I kid you not, cancelled a meet last moment to go watch football with his mates. At least he was honest). Since we no longer bother with unverified accounts and the wife is not keen to re visit single guys anytime soon things are much better now. Some people have issues due to family but we have no reason to question it (especially if its something they mention on their profile which many do)

Post new Message to Thread