Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

fur trapping

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently fur trapping of foxes for export is not illegal in UK. £15 per pelt.

Should it be outlawed?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

Provided the foxes weren’t ‘caught’ illegally then this isn’t a problem.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Provided the foxes weren’t ‘caught’ illegally then this isn’t a problem."

They were not caught illegally. It's on BBC Wales news

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Yes .

Just fucking leave them alone , it's not a necessity like food !!

By *nnejohnCouple
over a year ago

warrington

just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't cruel and inhumane. nobody needs to wear fur

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

But what about Corona....?

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"But what about Corona....?"

Wake up people!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"Apparently fur trapping of foxes for export is not illegal in UK. £15 per pelt.

Should it be outlawed?

"

Are these foxes that are shot my farmers to protect their live stock? If so I don't personally see it different to wearing leather.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

As a byproduct of a cull perhaps.

The trapping industry is horrible. I was looking at a Canada Goose jacket recently but when I found out it had coyote fur I went for another without a fur collar.

Couldn’t wear an animal round my neck.

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Leave them alone. Beautiful creatures

over a year ago

"Apparently fur trapping of foxes for export is not illegal in UK. £15 per pelt.

Should it be outlawed?

Are these foxes that are shot my farmers to protect their live stock? If so I don't personally see it different to wearing leather. "

The foxes are shooting back? Wake up people, it's getting serious!

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Should it be outlawed?

Are these foxes that are shot my farmers to protect their live stock? If so I don't personally see it different to wearing leather.

The foxes are shooting back? Wake up people, it's getting serious!"

It's an arm's race shit!! Better watch myself around those urban foxes! Sneaking round out by bins

By *nnejohnCouple
over a year ago

warrington

trapping is not shooting

over a year ago

"just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't cruel and inhumane. nobody needs to wear fur"

Many cultures consider wearing fur or other animal skins/feathers to be an integral part of their cultural identity. We shouldn't force our European beliefs on the rest of the world (again)

By *nnejohnCouple
over a year ago

warrington

"just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't cruel and inhumane. nobody needs to wear fur

Many cultures consider wearing fur or other animal skins/feathers to be an integral part of their cultural identity. We shouldn't force our European beliefs on the rest of the world (again)

"

we should call out cruel and offensive behaviour wherever it happens. if that offends cruel cultures then so be it

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 04/03/20 11:30:16]

over a year ago

"just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean it isn't cruel and inhumane. nobody needs to wear fur

we should call out cruel and offensive behaviour wherever it happens. if that offends cruel cultures then so be it"

Actually most of the culture that use furs and feathers traditionally have relatively acceptable hunting techniques.

What is cruel is the way animals are killed to classify and kosher/halal (and I personally keep kosher). Or perhaps the sanction use of the death penalty for those with mental deficiencies.

Wearing fur doesnt mean anything cruel or inhumane happened

By *nnejohnCouple
over a year ago

warrington

we should call out cruel and offensive behaviour wherever it happens. if that offends cruel cultures then so be it

Actually most of the culture that use furs and feathers traditionally have relatively acceptable hunting techniques.

What is cruel is the way animals are killed to classify and kosher/halal (and I personally keep kosher). Or perhaps the sanction use of the death penalty for those with mental deficiencies.

Wearing fur doesnt mean anything cruel or inhumane happened "

lots of trapping is done with leg traps and snares, where the animal is trapped in pain till the hunter does his rounds again, often days later. how is this not cruel?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Wearing fur doesnt mean anything cruel or inhumane happened "

Of course it does , fur should be on the back of animals , not on the back of rich ponces who want to look good .

over a year ago

Wearing fur doesnt mean anything cruel or inhumane happened

lots of trapping is done with leg traps and snares, where the animal is trapped in pain till the hunter does his rounds again, often days later. how is this not cruel?"

A lot of traps are certainly cruel, although I know some ethical traps do exist I doubt they are widely used.

But animals are also hunted for their fur. Again not necessarily always the kindest way to kill an animal but often quicker.

My point is simply that not all fur = unethical sourcing

over a year ago

Wearing fur doesnt mean anything cruel or inhumane happened Of course it does , fur should be on the back of animals , not on the back of rich ponces who want to look good ."

Absolutely. Fur doesnt belong in the "fashion industty"

over a year ago

And I suppose nobody here wears leather at all ?????

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"And I suppose nobody here wears leather at all ????? "

I dont

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I wear leather. I own fur. Can't wear it due to allergies and I inherited rather than bought it but have no problem with the concept of using the resources of the planet for our own purposes.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

[Removed by poster at 04/03/20 12:03:00]

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

we should call out cruel and offensive behaviour wherever it happens. if that offends cruel cultures then so be it"

You mean like the enslavement , torture and murder of an entire species so that we can get fat ? Or just cute little furry foxes ?

By *nnejohnCouple
over a year ago

warrington

You mean like the enslavement , torture and murder of an entire species so that we can get fat ? Or just cute little furry foxes ? "

actually don't think foxes should be uncontrolled but trapping should be outlawed

over a year ago

Where they selling the pelts I need two ???

over a year ago

There at least £50 running around the fields near my house

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

Fur Fox Ache

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago