Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Snickers Racism

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Snickers Bar.. tweeted that the spelling of some Welsh towns looks like somebody sat on a keyboard.

They have been criticised and apologised but methinks they would of not got off so lightly dismissing some other languages or cultures...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

"Snickers Bar.. tweeted that the spelling of some Welsh towns looks like somebody sat on a keyboard.

They have been criticised and apologised but methinks they would of not got off so lightly dismissing some other languages or cultures..."

I visited myphany once, x

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Oh Ffs !! Evryone should never ever talk or say anything , ever , for eternity .

Certainly dont crack a joke

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Snickers Bar.. tweeted that the spelling of some Welsh towns looks like somebody sat on a keyboard.

They have been criticised and apologised but methinks they would of not got off so lightly dismissing some other languages or cultures..."

It’s a marathon issue

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

There’s not much humour that isn’t at the expense of someone or something.

I think we need to develop a sense of perspective. It’s not decrying anyone’s culture or heritage, but it is an depiction of how most non-Welsh speakers feel when presented with the language.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am Welsh and I agree with the tweet! It does...

I wish people would stop getting offended on behalf of others

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I'm a proud Welsh speaking welshie. To be honest I find the name llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogich to be ridiculous too and was supposedly a publicity stunt from the 1800's. Probably will bring more tourists to have a picture at the railway.

The other two place names I think they should have left out as they actually make sense in Welsh.

Post new Message to Thread