Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is a "bi" experience actually possible?

Jump to newest

By *ntrepid Explorers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

A totally petty and irrelevant question no doubt, but whilst bisexual is an obvious sexual status, as it means you like men and women surely the actual experiences themselves are technically always gay or straight?

We've played with bi couples, and had a lot of fun in all directions, but when he's in my mouth... that's just plane gay isn't it? There's nothing Bi about that. And when I go back to playing with her... straight... right?

Yes, I know I'm overthinking it. That's half the fun...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"A totally petty and irrelevant question no doubt, but whilst bisexual is an obvious sexual status, as it means you like men and women surely the actual experiences themselves are technically always gay or straight?

We've played with bi couples, and had a lot of fun in all directions, but when he's in my mouth... that's just plane gay isn't it? There's nothing Bi about that. And when I go back to playing with her... straight... right?

Yes, I know I'm overthinking it. That's half the fun..."

Way over thinking it! X

over a year ago

Birmingham

"A totally petty and irrelevant question no doubt, but whilst bisexual is an obvious sexual status, as it means you like men and women surely the actual experiences themselves are technically always gay or straight?

Way over thinking it! X"

Thought I'd covered that one off tbh...

over a year ago

What about if hes fucking you while you go down on her... you're doing both at once and therefore totally Bi

over a year ago

Way over thinking it! X

Thought I'd covered that one off tbh..."

Ok ... my take for what it's worth. I am bi. I enjoy fun with all genders. If I have a one to one with a female I am still bi. Same as if I am with a guy or a couple.

As for whether an experience is bi, gay or straight ... that's a different thing. I think it depends on you. If you are with a couple and enjoying play with both I guess you could say the experience as a whole is bi.

But I am not sure it needs a definition.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Another in the overthinking camp here - but technically speaking giving oral isn't a predominantly "gay" thing for example - women give oral to men aren't doing a "gay" thing, so why is the same act done by a man on a man defined as "gay" or for that matter defined at all?

over a year ago

"Another in the overthinking camp here - but technically speaking giving oral isn't a predominantly "gay" thing for example - women give oral to men aren't doing a "gay" thing, so why is the same act done by a man on a man defined as "gay" or for that matter defined at all?"

Defining something as gay isnt about the activity but the participants. I think. Just my opinion

over a year ago

"Another in the overthinking camp here - but technically speaking giving oral isn't a predominantly "gay" thing for example - women give oral to men aren't doing a "gay" thing, so why is the same act done by a man on a man defined as "gay" or for that matter defined at all?"

This!

Surely sex is sex regardless of the persons gender. Why does anything need to be labeled?

over a year ago

"

Defining something as gay isnt about the activity but the participants. I think. Just my opinion "

I am with you on this one. Sexual activity between member of the same sex is by definition homosexual activity. I deliberately didnt use the term gender ... we could be herd all day on that one!

By *entlemenpipMan
over a year ago

not far

I'm sorry to say this but

This kind of thinking is the type that has seen many bisexuals feel unwelcome in LGBTQ communities thankfully not so much now but some people do think that bisexuals are just greedy and can switch their sexuality on and off I'm not saying you think this way but itthe kind of thing I heard when I was younger and trying to find my place. Still remember getting turn down for a job at a gay bar when a week before hand had fucked the guy doing the hiring

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Another in the overthinking camp here - but technically speaking giving oral isn't a predominantly "gay" thing for example - women give oral to men aren't doing a "gay" thing, so why is the same act done by a man on a man defined as "gay" or for that matter defined at all?

Defining something as gay isnt about the activity but the participants. I think. Just my opinion "

My point entirely

over a year ago

Birmingham

"What about if hes fucking you while you go down on her... you're doing both at once and therefore totally Bi "
Top half is straight, bottom half is gay. Totally clear! :D

over a year ago

"What about if hes fucking you while you go down on her... you're doing both at once and therefore totally Bi Top half is straight, bottom half is gay. Totally clear! :D"

Nah.

You sound Fab straight to me!

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Defining something as gay isnt about the activity but the participants. I think. Just my opinion

My point entirely "

That point doesn't seem fully formed though. What about the participants do you mean? Their biology of their choice of seuxal identity? i.e. it's "bi" if two "bi" guys play but gay if they are gay..? or do you mean.. well I'm not sure quite what else you'd mean, but I don't think you mean what I said!

By *entlemenpipMan
over a year ago

not far

"What about if hes fucking you while you go down on her... you're doing both at once and therefore totally Bi Top half is straight, bottom half is gay. Totally clear! :D

Nah.

You sound Fab straight to me!"

Sounds like trolling to me

over a year ago

"Another in the overthinking camp here - but technically speaking giving oral isn't a predominantly "gay" thing for example - women give oral to men aren't doing a "gay" thing, so why is the same act done by a man on a man defined as "gay" or for that matter defined at all?

Exactly this!

over a year ago

Birmingham

"What about if hes fucking you while you go down on her... you're doing both at once and therefore totally Bi Top half is straight, bottom half is gay. Totally clear! :D

Nah.

Sounds like trolling to me"

Don't be daft, just good clean chatty fun.

over a year ago

They’re all just experiences. Why do we need to label them as “straight”, “gay”, “bi” or anything else? Why can’t they just be enjoyable and leave it at that?

over a year ago

"They’re all just experiences. Why do we need to label them as “straight”, “gay”, “bi” or anything else? Why can’t they just be enjoyable and leave it at that?"

This is the ideal situation.

over a year ago

Nah.

Not sure that's the case.

over a year ago

"They’re all just experiences. Why do we need to label them as “straight”, “gay”, “bi” or anything else? Why can’t they just be enjoyable and leave it at that?"

over a year ago

Nah.

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

As long as everyone is having fun why label it lol?

over a year ago

Birmingham

"As long as everyone is having fun why label it lol?"

Because I had an idle thought that amused me, ffs...

I do find the "why do we need labels" thing a pretty tired response. Yeah sure it's a lovely idea to think about for 0.5 seconds, but labels are very useful things for those who need them.

Moreover though, I am just trying to have a light hearted chat to make home time hurry up... If you want to shut the conversation down, and miss the point of it, why not just ignore it?

over a year ago

"As long as everyone is having fun why label it lol?

I do find the "why do we need labels" thing a pretty tired response. Yeah sure it's a lovely idea to think about for 0.5 seconds, but labels are very useful things for those who need them.

Moreover though, I am just trying to have a light hearted chat to make home time hurry up... If you want to shut the conversation down, and miss the point of it, why not just ignore it?"

However .... using a term like bi experience is probably a useful shorthand. Most people will have a good idea of what you are looking for! So in that instance I do get where a 'label' for want of a better word could be useful.

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

Lol....that’s an interesting point; yes, I guess you’re right. By the same token, when my tongue swipes her pussy or when my dick is inside her, that’s ‘purely straight’ (and I’m mostly gay). Don’t you just love flexibility?

over a year ago

Personally I'm sick of the way people label bikes, just because guys and gals can ride it, doesn't make it a BIcycle

over a year ago

Birmingham

"As long as everyone is having fun why label it lol?

Moreover though, I am just trying to have a light hearted chat to make home time hurry up... If you want to shut the conversation down, and miss the point of it, why not just ignore it?

However .... using a term like bi experience is probably a useful shorthand. Most people will have a good idea of what you are looking for! So in that instance I do get where a 'label' for want of a better word could be useful."

Yes the "experience" would be bi I suppose, just not individual acts... although I've loved kissing my wife whilst orally sharing a cock, so at some point you really can't split the difference :D

By *lascumMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Cock in pussy and cock in your ass ... pretty well slap bang in the middle of being bi in my book

over a year ago

"Cock in pussy and cock in your ass ... pretty well slap bang in the middle of being bi in my book "

? I don’t understand this comment

over a year ago

"Cock in pussy and cock in your ass ... pretty well slap bang in the middle of being bi in my book

? I don’t understand this comment "

I think it means any women who enjoy anal sex must be bi? Not quite sure how or why though

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Cock in pussy and cock in your ass ... pretty well slap bang in the middle of being bi in my book

I think it means any women who enjoy anal sex must be bi? Not quite sure how or why though "

no no... "cock" vs "your ass"... Presumably it's your cock, so you're in the middle.

over a year ago

I think it means any women who enjoy anal sex must be bi? Not quite sure how or why though

no no... "cock" vs "your ass"... Presumably it's your cock, so you're in the middle."

Ahhh ok. That makes way more sense to me now

By *lascumMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

no no... "cock" vs "your ass"... Presumably it's your cock, so you're in the middle."

Sorry my statement wasn’t clear but you got it spot on ... my cock in pussy as I get fucked for the others who don’t get it

over a year ago

no no... "cock" vs "your ass"... Presumably it's your cock, so you're in the middle.

Sorry my statement wasn’t clear but you got it spot on ... my cock in pussy as I get fucked for the others who don’t get it "

Ahhhhh! Thought the woman was the one in the middle!

By *lascumMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Sorry my statement wasn’t clear but you got it spot on ... my cock in pussy as I get fucked for the others who don’t get it

Ahhhhh! Thought the woman was the one in the middle!"

Lol. It guess that’s the thing with everybody being bi, the combinations are endless

over a year ago

Ahhhhh! Thought the woman was the one in the middle!

Lol. It guess that’s the thing with everybody being bi, the combinations are endless "

True. I misinterpreted it sorry.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Defining something as gay isnt about the activity but the participants. I think. Just my opinion

My point entirely

That point doesn't seem fully formed though. What about the participants do you mean? Their biology of their choice of seuxal identity? i.e. it's "bi" if two "bi" guys play but gay if they are gay..? or do you mean.. well I'm not sure quite what else you'd mean, but I don't think you mean what I said!"

The point was perfectly formed just misinterpreted

That point being that the "act" in itself doesn't define sexuality - someone's sexuality does however define who they might choose to do that act with

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

As far as I’m aware an anus is anatomically exactly the same between male and females - so it boils down to a simple question of do you like anal?

Physically there is no real difference in sensation for the top (obviously emotional connection is different), I’ve no idea what anal feels like for a lady but to me it’s awesome.

Does that make it gay?? Mmm nope - it feels great either way top/bottom.

Just enjoy it... no need to label pleasure

over a year ago

"As far as I’m aware an anus is anatomically exactly the same between male and females - so it boils down to a simple question of do you like anal?

Physically there is no real difference in sensation for the top (obviously emotional connection is different), I’ve no idea what anal feels like for a lady but to me it’s awesome.

Does that make it gay?? Mmm nope - it feels great either way top/bottom.

Just enjoy it... no need to label pleasure "

Totally this. I class myself as straight, but have had cock and anal fun simply because it's just that... Fun.

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes, I know I'm overthinking it. That's half the fun..."

Depends if you can divorce the physical experience from the emotional state - I'd argue this isn't possible. Especially, perhaps, in a sexual situation!

So you may be eating an orange but you know oranges aren't the only fruit you enjoy, or the only thing you're ever going to eat. Your baseline emotional state doesn't change along with your physical action.

I suppose you could argue that when you eat oranges you're an orange eater, when you eat apples you're an apple eater, when you eat bananas you're a banana eater etc etc... This implies that it's the action in and of itself that defines us and we are constantly in flux moment to moment. But without continuity (to me) it's meaningless.

If that makes sense to anyone else...!

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Just enjoy it... no need to label pleasure

Totally this. I class myself as straight, but have had cock and anal fun simply because it's just that... Fun. "

Erm..?

"Don't label yourself!!!"

"I agree, I label myself straight! (even though I'm obviously not!)"

By *ndy64hMan
over a year ago

Plymouth

Bisexual, means you like both sexes, nothing to do with the actual act of sex. Anyway I think pansexual probably is more appropriate these days.

If it's human it's fair game.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"Bisexual, means you like both sexes, nothing to do with the actual act of sex. Anyway I think pansexual probably is more appropriate these days.

If it's human it's fair game. "

Yes, all that, which is where my question came from really. Maybe there is actually a deeper insight to be had after all. Although, would you also then say there is no such thing as a "homosexual act"?

By *spotpleasurerMan
over a year ago

Norwich

Yes untrepid, you are overthinking it. A specific act can only be with your own or the opposite sex i.e. gay or straight.

However, the sum is more than its parts and you're missing the overall atmosphere. I've been in MMF 3somes which were totally straight as well as ones with bi action and the vibes are completely different.

And since you like the mental conundrums, what about a blowjob where I'm simultaneously licked by a male and a female? This has actually happened to me, does equal parts of straight and gay action = bi?

Post new Message to Thread