Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Corona Symptom,s

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Symptom's;

1; You catch what feels like a cold (sore throat, sniffles etc) lasts 1 week, then it seems to clear up and your okay for a week

then

2; You then catch what feels like the flu (which knocks you for 6) then it seems to clear up and your okay for a week

then

3; You then catch Pneumonia and this strain of Pneumonia is what takes you out

By the time you catch symptom 3 you have already passed it on with 1 & 2.

This was a very clear description given today by a gentleman still in lockdown in China after catching the virus, he has now been in lockdown for 40 days and gave a talk on GMTV this morning of what it feels like when he had the virus

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Thanks.

If only there were more corona virus threads we'd all probably be a lot safer.

Although I'm still not shitting bricks yet.

11 million people in Wuhan and 80 odd thousand cases in the whole of china with a population of 1.4 billion.

I'm more likely to get hit my a bus or trampled by a herd of loose cows.

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thanks.

If only there were more corona virus threads we'd all probably be a lot safer.

Although I'm still not shitting bricks yet.

11 million people in Wuhan and 80 odd thousand cases in the whole of china with a population of 1.4 billion.

I'm more likely to get hit my a bus or trampled by a herd of loose cows.

A"

yep, but at least that guy on GMTV this morning went through all stages and told it as it was, described each stage and how he felt he had recovered between each stage

this information should have been told weeks ago

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm in the beginnings of Phase 2.

I'll be dead in a couple of weeks then as I have auto-immune disease so I've got no chance.

Was nice knowing you all x

Reply privately

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

And what difference would that of made ....

Reply privately

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

OP while I'm sure your post was well intentioned, I think it's best if people stick to guidance & advice (symptoms etc) that are posted on the NHS & CDC websites.

These types of things only lead to greater hysteria & people with common colds starting to panic even more.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

A 98 year old in China has recovered from it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP while I'm sure your post was well intentioned, I think it's best if people stick to guidance & advice (symptoms etc) that are posted on the NHS & CDC websites.

These types of things only lead to greater hysteria & people with common colds starting to panic even more. "

I am pleased you believe and put all your trust in NHS & CDC websites

I wouldnt trust them for a second

same as I would not trust the UK Government for a second, glad you do

Reply privately

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Wake up people. There, I've just saved Tom a job.

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Wake up people. There, I've just saved Tom a job."

You forgot

"This is serious"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wake up people. There, I've just saved Tom a job.

You forgot

"This is serious""

Reply privately

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"OP while I'm sure your post was well intentioned, I think it's best if people stick to guidance & advice (symptoms etc) that are posted on the NHS & CDC websites.

These types of things only lead to greater hysteria & people with common colds starting to panic even more.

same as I would not trust the UK Government for a second, glad you do "

Yes, I do put my trust in them. It's in their best interests to do all the can to contain this. The person on the TV could easily have had a common cold beforehand, which made them even more susceptible to catching the virus.

All these posts do is to create even more panic

Reply privately

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

You only woke up the people....don't forget to wake up the Peoples. .. they matter too

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Yes, I do put my trust in them. It's in their best interests to do all the can to contain this. The person on the TV could easily have had a common cold beforehand, which made them even more susceptible to catching the virus.

All these posts do is to create even more panic "

Be gone with your logic! Be gone I say!

Never put blind trust in anyone, reamin open (unless you voted leave) to the possibility that they are lieing or incompetent, but also don't go down the paranoia conspiracy rabbit hole.

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Corona virus deaths (mostly very old and imuno compromised) worldwide approx 3000+

Deaths caused by guns in the USA up to the 3rd March this year - 6652

Deaths from Flu (per annum) in USA 30,000 to 60,000

Deaths worldwide from road traffic accidents approx 1.3 million

Just saying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Corona virus deaths (mostly very old and imuno compromised) worldwide approx 3000+

Just saying."

Do Ostriches bury their heads in sand and hope things will pass

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm in the beginnings of Phase 2.

I'll be dead in a couple of weeks then as I have auto-immune disease so I've got no chance.

"

That's a shame, really

If you do go any chance you could get someone to send me your clothes?

Reply privately

By *hebritukCouple
over a year ago

London

Don’t worry! We are all save as Boris has it all in hand, just like the economy. We have a brighter, exciting future ahead of us. New opportunity to exploit third world countries with wonderful trade agreements. Free movement of the corona virus with no tariffs is not something to be sniffed at; indeed something to die for..... sorry, bit of a mad rant!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes we must believe the information we get from China...

The state run media is not biased and offers impartial news.

China has put on hold a lot of its production because it cares for the workers.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a shame, really

If you do go any chance you could get someone to send me your clothes? "

Sure. Do you want me to disinfect them all first or will you risk it?

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Would agree that it's a good point of reference for people to assess how they are etc and yes before anyone says 'some will use the above to cop a sickie, perhaps panic'..

Let's be honest that will and is happening and will probably rise..

On the trust in government I would share a level of scepticism most of the time but would say that there are some issues that no UK government would play games with in relation to how they respond etc..

This is one of them..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I shit you not, heard someone yesterday say this is all down to Brexit as we no longer have access to their advice.

Stop the train, need to get off!

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a shame, really

If you do go any chance you could get someone to send me your clothes?

Sure. Do you want me to disinfect them all first or will you risk it? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's actually incorrect.

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have a high temperature

You have muscle aches.

You can get a feeling like your drowning

It can lead to breathing issues and pneumonia.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I shit you not, heard someone yesterday say this is all down to Brexit as we no longer have access to their advice.

Stop the train, need to get off! "

Ah but we leave the EU and now all of a sudden there is a killer virus sweeping over the world... Coincidence?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That's actually incorrect.

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have muscle aches.

It can lead to breathing issues and pneumonia."

How long did YOU have the corona virus and how do you feel now

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Shit I’m teetering on the edge of tier 3. Although the aching muscles may be the hay bales I had to shift on Sunday.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I shit you not, heard someone yesterday say this is all down to Brexit as we no longer have access to their advice.

Stop the train, need to get off!

Ah but we leave the EU and now all of a sudden there is a killer virus sweeping over the world... Coincidence? "

Ahh yeah maybe they were right, it's like the flat earth society who stated they had members all around the globe, same theory

Reply privately

over a year ago

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have muscle aches.

How long did YOU have the corona virus and how do you feel now"

I have knowledge due to research I have to do within my role. And that's all I'm prepared to say on a internet forum.

But posts like this create mass panic which is not needed and people saying sneezing and sniffles are so incorrect

Reply privately

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have muscle aches.

I have knowledge due to research I have to do within my role. And that's all I'm prepared to say on a internet forum.

But posts like this create mass panic which is not needed and people saying sneezing and sniffles are so incorrect"

I've read what you put on the nhs website.

Why would we not believe that?

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have muscle aches.

How long did YOU have the corona virus and how do you feel now"

But that's exactly it, you are listing off symptoms of what 1 single individual claims they went through were I've also seen claims of people who have had it and their symptoms have been nowhere close to what this person went through.

Its been widely reported (none mainstream) that the vast majority of infected have mild symptoms. Just like with most viral infections the symptoms vary from person to person. The pneumonia is a complication of the virus, not part of the virus.

What you have done here is exactly what mainstream media loves to do, hit you with the high impact bullet points and fails to provide the smaller details which have less of an impact but are a much larger part of what happens.

Reply privately

over a year ago

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have muscle aches.

But that's exactly it, you are listing off symptoms of what 1 single individual claims they went through were I've also seen claims of people who have had it and their symptoms have been nowhere close to what this person went through.

Its been widely reported (none mainstream) that the vast majority of infected have mild symptoms. Just like with most viral infections the symptoms vary from person to person. The pneumonia is a complication of the virus, not part of the virus.

What you have done here is exactly what mainstream media loves to do, hit you with the high impact bullet points and fails to provide the smaller details which have less of an impact but are a much larger part of what happens. "

No I'm listing what we are sent to look out for within my role.

Sniffles and colds are not it

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

You don't get sniffles.

You get a dry cough

You have muscle aches.

What you have done here is exactly what mainstream media loves to do, hit you with the high impact bullet points and fails to provide the smaller details which have less of an impact but are a much larger part of what happens.

No I'm listing what we are sent to look out for within my role.

Sniffles and colds are not it"

Not you, The OP. I quoted him quoting you.

Reply privately

By *inaryGuyMan
over a year ago

Near the River

The majority of bad sufferers have been the elderly and those with existing illnesses and conditions. Very few cases involve young and fit people.

The UK suffers a flu pandemic every year which kills over 2,000.

We need to try keeping a sense of proportion in our lives, continue visiting Chinese and Italian restaurants and speaking with our better off middle class neighbours would have just returned from their skiing trip somewhere in the Alps (though they obviously won’t say where)

Reply privately

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I've had my flu jab, I've had the Pneumovax 23 jab but I'll take the 2 weeks isolation with my kids

Pretty please

Reply privately

over a year ago

To make comparisons with how many people die from flu, road accidents, drowning or falling off ladders, et al, is to miss the point completely, as these are all well understood causes of death and we can mitigate against them.

The Director General of the World Health Organisation (WHO) said yesterday "Korea’s situation underlines that this a unique virus with unique features. This virus is not influenza."

And this speaks directly to the main point. People are worried because COVID-19 is not yet well understood. So right now we have fear of the unknown. Can it be contained? The WHO statement yesterday said there are encouraging signs it can. Will it suddenly explode into a majot pandemic with millions of deaths? We don't know.

The situation is changing daily, but in the meantime all we can do is follow the simple advice coming from the authorities. If you think you know better than the experts then more fool you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How come on every thread we are quoted how many people die from seasonal flu, how many die from traffic accidents, how many die from gun violence?

This virus hasn't come and gone. It's just started. One day when this is history you can look back and make comparisons. But not yet.

And to those who believe reading a factual account of statistics, symptoms etc will send people into a panic... well if that's all it takes you give a person a nervous breakdown then COVID-19 is the least of your worries.

Regarding government agencies... the reason why Spanish Flu got it's name is because governments LIED about it in their own countries. Spanish Flu didn't even come from Spain. The government will tell you what it wants you to know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To make comparisons with how many people die from flu, road accidents, drowning or falling off ladders, et al, is to miss the point completely, as these are all well understood causes of death and we can mitigate against them.

The Director General of the World Health Organisation (WHO) said yesterday "Korea’s situation underlines that this a unique virus with unique features. This virus is not influenza."

And this speaks directly to the main point. People are worried because COVID-19 is not yet well understood. So right now we have fear of the unknown. Can it be contained? The WHO statement yesterday said there are encouraging signs it can. Will it suddenly explode into a majot pandemic with millions of deaths? We don't know.

The situation is changing daily, but in the meantime all we can do is follow the simple advice coming from the authorities. If you think you know better than the experts then more fool you."

Can it be contained? To do this you would need to trace every person who has come into contact with a known infected person. With asymptomatic carriers of the virus being reported I don't see how this is possible.

WHO said at one stage the cases were dropping in China and that was a great sign. Great sign if you ignore the fact that it was Chinese New Year. Ignore that the New Year was extended. Ignore the fact that streets were empty, shops closed, businesses closed, schools closed.

This is now in 70 countries. Will all of those countries have the same quarantine measures that China took.

This has still got to hit South Saharan Africa in full force. That will be a different story.

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

So you won't be going to them for any health related issues? Ever?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Authorities.

Donald Trump has announced to the nation that they would have a vaccine ready in 3 months after being repeatedly told it would take a year.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Oh no its been confirmed "near" me!

I'll say my goodbyes now

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh no its been confirmed "near" me!

I'll say my goodbyes now "

Tara la!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

It's getting serious now..

People take the piss out of Tom but it will get worse before it gets better..

Fools in denial

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Authorities.

Donald Trump has announced to the nation that they would have a vaccine ready in 3 months after being repeatedly told it would take a year. "

It'll be the bigliest and bestest vaccine ever and he's getting the Mexicans to pay for it as it's their fault due to it being caused by their beer.

A

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yes we must believe the information we get from China...

The state run media is not biased and offers impartial news.

China has put on hold a lot of its production because it cares for the workers.

"

Allow me to take your temperature.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I'll say my goodbyes now "

How near ? I'm near! How NEAR ?

sniff ..... cough , cough.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"It's getting serious now..

Fools in denial "

It's always been serious Tom but just not as doom laden as you wish everyone to think.

Flu always spreads. It always gets worse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Corona virus deaths (mostly very old and imuno compromised) worldwide approx 3000+

Just saying."

Yes but people are still dying from these things!

This is totally different.

Reply privately

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

I'll say my goodbyes now

sniff ..... cough , cough."

I have some advice for the experts. Please don’t use the same tech as used for on the “near me” bit. I’ve been sitting across from a play partner and it says she’s quarter of a mile away. Then out driving in the countryside and apparently there’s someone touching distance away.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just saying.

This is totally different. "

Yeah, the cough you'll get from Coronavirus will need Strepsils

Reply privately

over a year ago

Apparently Israel has discovered a vaccine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just saying.

This is totally different.

Yeah, the cough you'll get from Coronavirus will need Strepsils "

Tell that to the people who have died and their families!

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'll say my goodbyes now

sniff ..... cough , cough."

Haha not that close, over on Wirral, Hilbre high school closed because a sole parent has it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Authorities.

Donald Trump has announced to the nation that they would have a vaccine ready in 3 months after being repeatedly told it would take a year.

It'll be the bigliest and bestest vaccine ever and he's getting the Mexicans to pay for it as it's their fault due to it being caused by their beer.

A"

He will probably claim he developed it himself

Reply privately

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Well, it seems to me that it won't be long before it's aknowledged as being beyond containment.

Individually, I suppose all we can do is see what haynext and take what few precautions we can - avoiding too many crowded events in enclosed venues and washing our hands to the tune of two verses of 'Happy Birthday'...

.. though 'Ring a Ring of Roses' might be more apposite.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently Israel has discovered a vaccine."

Thanks for this post. Looked it up and there are a lot of news articles om it. Very positive

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently Israel has discovered a vaccine.

Thanks for this post. Looked it up and there are a lot of news articles om it. Very positive "

Australia are claiming to close to developing a vaccine too but any vaccination won't be available to the general population for at least 12 months due to the testing process.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Thanks for this post. Looked it up and there are a lot of news articles om it. Very positive "

That can't be good... It means trump was kinda right.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thanks for this post. Looked it up and there are a lot of news articles om it. Very positive

Australia are claiming to close to developing a vaccine too but any vaccination won't be available to the general population for at least 12 months due to the testing process. "

I suppose that’s dependant on the mortality rate of corvid 19.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That can't be good... It means trump was kinda right. "

Well if anyone can bully the FDA imto bypassimg the usual process it's Trump. We are talkng about something Trump really cares about. No not people and their health, the stock market!

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Australia are claiming to close to developing a vaccine too but any vaccination won't be available to the general population for at least 12 months due to the testing process.

I suppose that’s dependant on the mortality rate of corvid 19."

They will fast track the shit out of it if its taking too long if the virus is "that" serious. They will likely skip the rodent side effect tests and go straight for monkeys - sorry to all the monkeys

Reply privately

over a year ago

I suppose that’s dependant on the mortality rate of corvid 19."

I was listening to a guy on the radio earlier and he said it should be available by the time the next flu vaccine is available, so that would be October.

That's what happened with swine flu, it's now part of the flu vaccination.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"They will likely skip the rodent side effect tests and go straight for monkeys - sorry to all the monkeys "

Nobody likes Hull anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I suppose that’s dependant on the mortality rate of corvid 19.

They will fast track the shit out of it if its taking too long if the virus is "that" serious. They will likely skip the rodent side effect tests and go straight for monkeys - sorry to all the monkeys "

Apparently not.

Some countries will but most western ones won't.

It was the same with swine flu.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Apparently it is successfully treating birds. They claim they can have a version for humans in around 10 weeks, followed by a 90 day test period for safety.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently it is successfully treating birds. They claim they can have a version for humans in around 10 weeks, followed by a 90 day test period for safety."

Let's hope that the case and Nice approve its use in the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently it is successfully treating birds. They claim they can have a version for humans in around 10 weeks, followed by a 90 day test period for safety."

I'll stick to the Strepsils

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently it is successfully treating birds. They claim they can have a version for humans in around 10 weeks, followed by a 90 day test period for safety.

I'll stick to the Strepsils "

Why would you need Strepsils. Its respiratory not a sore throat.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"It's getting serious now..

Fools in denial

It's always been serious Tom but just not as doom laden as you wish everyone to think.

Flu always spreads. It always gets worse. "

This is not flu...

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"They will likely skip the rodent side effect tests and go straight for monkeys - sorry to all the monkeys

Nobody likes Hull anyway. "

Lol - funny

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well if anyone can bully the FDA imto bypassimg the usual process it's Trump. We are talkng about something Trump really cares about. No not people and their health, the stock market!"

It's not the stock market that's driving him on the vaccine, it's that he wants to deliver it before the presidential election in November. It would make him a hero and the saviour of the people (well, in his head it would).

Reply privately

over a year ago

As much as every makes fun on these threads. I do agree with others that this is all very new and a bit scary. Considering it only started end of December and within 8 weeks it has spread to many different countries it will get worse before an injection or medication is made. I do think that it is not going to kill us All but it is changing daily and quite quickly. I work in education and have also recently been into hospital for 3 days as a patient and in both establishments policy’s are being used and staff are aware of cases but they are not officially announced. The government only want us to know a certain amount not to cause hysteria and the media are only allowed to report certain things.

Wash hands, catch those sneezes and coughs and bin them and definitely don’t touch the £20 notes!!!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Strange people saying it's just flu.. so we always self quarantine, close cities, cancel flights..

Close schools of music, close doctors surgeries..

Just routine..

And anyone who mentions this is a troll or scaremongerer

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Apparently it is successfully treating birds. They claim they can have a version for humans in around 10 weeks, followed by a 90 day test period for safety.

"

When I cough too much I get a sore throat, lethal

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"And anyone who mentions this is a troll or scaremongerer

"

Or what? You didn't finish your sentence, you just went on to spout your memeable catchphrase

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

They have just closed a school in Essex for two weeks..

It's only flu..

Wakey Wakey Peoples

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"As much as every makes fun on these threads. I do agree with others that this is all very new and a bit scary. Considering it only started end of December and within 8 weeks it has spread to many different countries it will get worse before an injection or medication is made. I do think that it is not going to kill us All but it is changing daily and quite quickly. I work in education and have also recently been into hospital for 3 days as a patient and in both establishments policy’s are being used and staff are aware of cases but they are not officially announced. The government only want us to know a certain amount not to cause hysteria and the media are only allowed to report certain things.

Wash hands, catch those sneezes and coughs and bin them and definitely don’t touch the £20 notes!!! "

Currency is helping the spread..

Reply privately

By *ixstringMan
over a year ago

preston

The question must be how safe is our community. Is going to a club more risky than before. To be fair they aren't all clean places to visit!

and we do tend to touch each other quite alot ! lots of ways to pass it on there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I cough too much I get a sore throat, lethal "

People who do not take it seriously and take precautions are irresponsible.

You may not feel too ill but you could kill others!

Will you be so flippent if it kills someone you care about!

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Coronavirus has killed just over 3000 people worldwide. It has crashed financial markets and gets 24/7 news coverage (and on forums like this)

9 million die per year from starvation, 25000 deaths per day and the media never mentions it.

The difference?

Coronavirus can affect the rich, starvation does not.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Will you be so flippent if it kills someone you care about! "

Some people think the old are dispensable .. until they get old

Reply privately

over a year ago

*dont

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As much as every makes fun on these threads. I do agree with others that this is all very new and a bit scary. Considering it only started end of December and within 8 weeks it has spread to many different countries it will get worse before an injection or medication is made. I do think that it is not going to kill us All but it is changing daily and quite quickly. I work in education and have also recently been into hospital for 3 days as a patient and in both establishments policy’s are being used and staff are aware of cases but they are not officially announced. The government only want us to know a certain amount not to cause hysteria and the media are only allowed to report certain things.

Wash hands, catch those sneezes and coughs and bin them and definitely don’t touch the £20 notes!!!

Currency is helping the spread.. "

I’m concerned about the one that go up peoples noses!!! Lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people think the old are dispensable .. until they get old "

Yes lots of people seem to have that attitude. It's very distasteful.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Yes lots of people seem to have that attitude. It's very distasteful. "

Distasteful, Disrespectful and just so wrong..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes lots of people seem to have that attitude. It's very distasteful.

Distasteful, Disrespectful and just so wrong.. "

Agreed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Will you be so flippent if it kills someone you care about! "

I worked in the NHS with the swine flu virus, it's overhyped rubbish just like that was and wasted millions of pounds of public cash with stock pikes of wasted vaccines, so yes I'm more than qualified to say its a good media story, influenza has and is killing a lot more people, didn't hear anyone self isolating before this came along. So no real need to lecture me

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/03/20 18:13:57]

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I worked in the NHS with the swine flu virus, it's overhyped rubbish just like that was and wasted millions of pounds of public cash with stock pikes of wasted vaccines, so yes I'm more than qualified to say its a good media story, influenza has and is killing a lot more people, didn't hear anyone self isolating before this came along. So no real need to lecture me "

Tell that to the government..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Currency is helping the spread.. "

Send me your cash then Tom, I'll take the problem away from you

Reply privately

over a year ago

I worked in the NHS with the swine flu virus, it's overhyped rubbish just like that was and wasted millions of pounds of public cash with stock pikes of wasted vaccines, so yes I'm more than qualified to say its a good media story, influenza has and is killing a lot more people, didn't hear anyone self isolating before this came along. So no real need to lecture me "

Huhhh what do you mean wasted vaccine?

The swine flue vaccine is now part of the flu one.

No one is lectureing you but you are coming across as very uncaring and flippent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"Strange people saying it's just flu.. so we always self quarantine, close cities, cancel flights..

Just routine..

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

"

It’s really not

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Strange people saying it's just flu.. so we always self quarantine, close cities, cancel flights..

Just routine..

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

It’s really not

"

Delusional fools..

I am out of here

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/03/20 18:24:50]

Reply privately

over a year ago

I worked in the NHS with the swine flu virus, it's overhyped rubbish just like that was and wasted millions of pounds of public cash with stock pikes of wasted vaccines, so yes I'm more than qualified to say its a good media story, influenza has and is killing a lot more people, didn't hear anyone self isolating before this came along. So no real need to lecture me

No one is lectureing you but you are coming across as very uncaring and flippent.

"

There were room after room piled up with wasted vaccines in swine flu clinics, these vaccines were eventually disposed of as it was all overhyped just like it is now, security guards employed to protect the clinics all at tax payers expense.

Not being flippant, I'm just seeing millions in public cash being wasted all over again due to scaremongering.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There were room after room piled up with wasted vaccines in swine flu clinics, these vaccines were eventually disposed of as it was all overhyped just like it is now, security guards employed to protect the clinics all at tax payers expense.

Not being flippant, I'm just seeing millions in public cash being wasted all over again due to scaremongering. "

That's because we contained the spread. If the government did nothing then people would saying that was wrong.

What exactly do you expect them to do?

Reply privately

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Not everyone will get pneumonia with this virus, basic handwashing will help keep the virus at bay ,and it seems to effect anybody over the age of 20 ..most people will have it mild ,its only the elderly or people in the at risk group who are at risk ..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not being flippant, I'm just seeing millions in public cash being wasted all over again due to scaremongering.

That's because we contained the spread. If the government did nothing then people would saying that was wrong.

What exactly do you expect them to do? "

Also 345,000 people in the UK contracted swine flu in 2009 in the UK with 128 deaths. So I'm glad they took it seriously.

Also we have no idea if this virus could mutate so I'm glad this is also being taken seriously.

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

Just routine..

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

It’s really not

Delusional fools..

I am out of here "

Good

Reply privately

over a year ago

What exactly do you expect them to do? "

OK, you believe that.

Admin people with zero knowledge were employed to sit in these swine flu clinics were I was and were diagnosing people with a tick sheet of questions, then giving them vaccination tablets to take home, crazy stuff!

So that's how people were being diagnosed, probably just had a cold, but no it was swine flu

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Not everyone will get pneumonia with this virus, basic handwashing will help keep the virus at bay ,and it seems to effect anybody over the age of 20 ..most people will have it mild ,its only the elderly or people in the at risk group who are at risk .."

So that's ok then

Who gives a hoot about the elderly..

I do

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not everyone will get pneumonia with this virus, basic handwashing will help keep the virus at bay ,and it seems to effect anybody over the age of 20 ..most people will have it mild ,its only the elderly or people in the at risk group who are at risk .."

I think probably everyone has loved ones that fall into that category just because we aren't in the at risk group doesn't mean we shouldn't worry. My parents are in the at risk group and so is my boy. Threads like this do make me anxious.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Not everyone will get pneumonia with this virus, basic handwashing will help keep the virus at bay ,and it seems to effect anybody over the age of 20 ..most people will have it mild ,its only the elderly or people in the at risk group who are at risk ..

I think probably everyone has loved ones that fall into that category just because we aren't in the at risk group doesn't mean we shouldn't worry. My parents are in the at risk group and so is my boy. Threads like this do make me anxious. "

And sadly.. the I am alright Jack attitude prevails

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Just routine..

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

It’s really not

Delusional fools..

I am out of here "

Bit ironic Tom..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not everyone will get pneumonia with this virus, basic handwashing will help keep the virus at bay ,and it seems to effect anybody over the age of 20 ..most people will have it mild ,its only the elderly or people in the at risk group who are at risk ..

I think probably everyone has loved ones that fall into that category just because we aren't in the at risk group doesn't mean we shouldn't worry. My parents are in the at risk group and so is my boy. Threads like this do make me anxious. "

And me because people are so flippant about it. They won't be if it affects their families.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/03/20 18:35:52]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just routine..

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

It’s really not

Delusional fools..

I am out of here "

Bet you a million quid you post about it again soon.

Reply privately

By *emma HoldenTV/TS
over a year ago

Ramsey

That's the Labour party hierarchy & Momentum fooked or at the very least eating some serious humble pie lol.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Iran has freed 54000 prisoners to halt spread the Corona virus.

Not sure what their role is though

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Just routine..

Wake Up People's..

This is serious

It’s really not

Delusional fools..

I am out of here

Bet you a million quid you post about it again soon. "

Congrats on your winnings. Though not a very impressive win when you bet on the inevitable.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth.. "

Where are you gleaming these supposed facts.... I want sources not conjecture

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth.. "

Its scaremongering. Because the government also has a plan for a nuclear war with russia. Or should we be panicking about that too?

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth..

Where are you gleaming these supposed facts.... I want sources not conjecture "

Sadly it’s from the chief scaremongers aunty beeb

No perspective or rational reporting

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well if anyone can bully the FDA imto bypassimg the usual process it's Trump. We are talkng about something Trump really cares about. No not people and their health, the stock market!

It's not the stock market that's driving him on the vaccine, it's that he wants to deliver it before the presidential election in November. It would make him a hero and the saviour of the people (well, in his head it would)."

You make a good point. It might not go down well if there are too many fatalities. His policies on reducing healthcare might come under the spotlight.

The same goes for here. The ability of NHS to handle this is going to be a reflection on our government as it was in the election.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

I can remember several occasions when we were deployed to assist theocal authorities, usually for flooding and it's commonplace for the military to still do such things..

Or would you rather they were sat about when their expertise is needed?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth..

Where are you gleaming these supposed facts.... I want sources not conjecture "

"Police may need to focus on only the most serious crimes and maintaining public order if the virus spreads.

The military could also provide support to emergency services if needed."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51718917

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

But you want us to trust you and some random guy on TV?

Btw not everyone gets 2 and 3.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

That's worse case scenario

Reply privately

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

you prepare for the worst... the army assist often.. I mean look at recent flooding. The army have been out helping to build defences and patrol to deter looters.

There are plans in place for chemical warfare.. nuclear attacks, meteor hits... it pays to have a clue what your going to do.

The best advice is still not to panic

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth.. you prepare for the worst... the army assist often.. I mean look at recent flooding. The army have been out helping to build defences and patrol to deter looters.

There are plans in place for chemical warfare.. nuclear attacks, meteor hits... it pays to have a clue what your going to do.

The best advice is still not to panic "

Absolutely but also not to totally dismiss it.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

NHS at level 4 . The highest level...

Of course this is all made up scaremongering..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Her Majesty's Government is preparing for a fifth if the workforce in quarantine, the police concentrating on serious crime and public order. Army to assist if needed..now tell me. Is that scaremongering or the truth.. you prepare for the worst... the army assist often.. I mean look at recent flooding. The army have been out helping to build defences and patrol to deter looters.

Absolutely but also not to totally dismiss it. "

But perhaps to dismiss the guy running around telling everyone to panic

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Police may need to focus on only the most serious crimes and maintaining public order if the virus spreads.

"

So what about this “one fifth in quarantine malarkey” and I’m also pretty certain that’s not what Tom meant the army assisting with, as he’s harped off to all and sundry in previous threads about the army enforcing quarantine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But perhaps to dismiss the guy running around telling everyone to panic "

He's not telling anyone to panic.

Yes he goes on a bit but Iv never seen him tell anyone to panic!

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

So what about this “one fifth in quarantine malarkey” and I’m also pretty certain that’s not what Tom meant the army assisting with, as he’s harped off to all and sundry in previous threads about the army enforcing quarantine."

So who will enforce it.. ?

There are no police.. please suggest who ?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Yes he goes on a bit but Iv never seen him tell anyone to panic! "

Goes on a bit ?

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

All these posts do is to create even more panic "

Not long term it isn’t though, the virus will disproportionately kill off the old & infirm. Therefore alleviating stress on the NHS, the social purse & i If it turns out to be a billion killer it’ll also have a positive affect on climate change surely?

S

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

So what about this “one fifth in quarantine malarkey” and I’m also pretty certain that’s not what Tom meant the army assisting with, as he’s harped off to all and sundry in previous threads about the army enforcing quarantine.

There are no police.. please suggest who ?"

If and it's a possibility, just what is it about the thought that it may happen that's getting you so anxious?

Got to be honest if it comes to it I would rather the military carry out such roles than feckin G4S or another private company..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes he goes on a bit but Iv never seen him tell anyone to panic!

Goes on a bit ? "

Well....

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

If and it's a possibility, just what is it about the thought that it may happen that's getting you so anxious?

Got to be honest if it comes to it I would rather the military carry out such roles than feckin G4S or another private company.. "

And use of force ? On British subjects by the army ?

Reply privately

By *ete vfrMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Far too much panic around Corona virus, wash your hands more often and longer than the usual quick splash, and sneeze into a tissue or your arm and do not panic

There will be more people die of Flu

in the world than this virus.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not long term it isn’t though, the virus will disproportionately kill off the old & infirm. Therefore alleviating stress on the NHS, the social purse & i If it turns out to be a billion killer it’ll also have a positive affect on climate change surely?

S"

So we should just let this virus take hold because the old and sick don't matter!

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are no police.. please suggest who ?"

To enforce military quarantine on all major cities would require far more resources than the army is even close to having so absolutely not them either,

One fifth of the uk working population is also 6.4 million people, only 90000 people worldwide have been infected so far fwiw so it sounds massively overstated that 6.4 million would be infected in the uk when it’s taken 2 months to infect 90000 worldwide

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

S

So we should just let this virus take hold because the old and sick don't matter! "

That's pretty much the position of some on here..

Reply privately

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

S"

That’s nice! It will kill off old and infirm which alleviates stress on the NHS? I’m sure if my old mum was alive today I would not want her an old lady to die to alleviate stress on the NHS! Such flippant words spoken in the thread today.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

S

That’s nice! It will kill off old and infirm which alleviates stress on the NHS? I’m sure if my old mum was alive today I would not want her an old lady to die to alleviate stress on the NHS! Such flippant words spoken in the thread today. "

Yes. Disgusting

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

That’s nice! It will kill off old and infirm which alleviates stress on the NHS? I’m sure if my old mum was alive today I would not want her an old lady to die to alleviate stress on the NHS! Such flippant words spoken in the thread today. "

There are lots on here that seem to have the same attitude unfortunately.

I'm 36 but in the at risk group, so according to these people I should be allowed to die to take pressure off the NHS.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Got to be honest if it comes to it I would rather the military carry out such roles than feckin G4S or another private company..

And use of force ? On British subjects by the army ?"

Not sure it'll be a Peterloo scenario, not the first time it's happened in my lifetime but that was a totally different situation..

Tom, if you have a situation whereby your not infected loved ones live down the road from a heavily contaminated area and the police or the military are their to maintain a cordon to keep the people there to be treated by medical staff Lest they infect your and others loved ones are you really saying you would just have the cordon breached and other people infected?

Reply privately

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Can COVID-19 AND Coronavirus all be put on the banned words list for a while PLEASE!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can COVID-19 AND Coronavirus all be put on the banned words list for a while PLEASE! "

Why?

People can choose what they read and post on!

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

now a "level 4" incident..... panic!!!! panic!!!

p.s i gest!

so..... everyone ready for their 14 days off?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Plenty of other threads like ..

Who is in the clique?

Kiss, Fuck, Avoid,?

Tits out Tuesday?

You know, the thought provoking ones ...

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"now a "level 4" incident..... panic!!!! panic!!!

p.s i gest!

so..... everyone ready for their 14 days off? "

Greggs the baker is saying they will pay their staff sick pay.. see how long that lasts..

Reply privately

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

"Can COVID-19 AND Coronavirus all be put on the banned words list for a while PLEASE!

Why?

People can choose what they read and post on! "

Absolutely true. They can...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Can COVID-19 AND Coronavirus all be put on the banned words list for a while PLEASE!

Why?

People can choose what they read and post on!

Absolutely true. They can... "

So why would you want these words banned?

Reply privately

over a year ago

According to David Icke it’s all the fault of Bill Gates.

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"According to David Icke it’s all the fault of Bill Gates."

Brexit and Bill Gates. Mostly Brexit though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am also in the "Risk" group

I will take this seriously, whilst the majority on here laugh it off

Reply privately

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I am also in the "Risk" group

I will take this seriously, whilst the majority on here laugh it off"

I'm in the risk group too, I'll take it serious while I'll laugh it off because I refuse to buy in to the worst case bullshit and get dragged down while the worry rules my life. It is possible to do both.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Defy the Doom mongers, but keep one step ahead is my best advice..

Reply privately

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

p.s i gest!

I wish.

No sick pay when you're self employed.

A

Reply privately

over a year ago

"A 98 year old in China has recovered from it. "

He will be farmed for his antibodies

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

p.s i gest!

14 days off, tucked up in your Snuggie ... plenty of opportunity for a photo or two??

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

The illness the virus causes, is not the thing to worry about.

It's the impact on the world's economy, our economy specifically and the NHS collapsing under the pressure.

The NHS is already under manned, and has a lot of female workers (who even if they do not get ill, may be required for child if schools close).

Reply privately

over a year ago

stocking up on anti biotics

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"stocking up on anti biotics "

It's a virus though

Reply privately

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

"stocking up on anti biotics

It's a virus though"

It's always advisable to stock up on antibiotics for secondary infections.

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

On prescription ?

Reply privately

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

How

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

You can buy them over the counter in Spain without prescription

Reply privately

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"I am also in the "Risk" group

I will take this seriously, whilst the majority on here laugh it off"

Me too.

Currently off with a virus that bears nothing with covid however...

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"You can buy them over the counter in Spain without prescription"

So hang on ... travel to a foreign country to stock up?

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

La Louvre in Paris shut..

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

This is now Global guys ...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You can buy them over the counter in Spain without prescription

So hang on ... travel to a foreign country to stock up? "

I didn't think antibiotics worked on viruses.

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"

My point earlier

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"

They don't work on viruses at all but if there is a secondary bacterial infection they work

Reply privately

over a year ago

My point earlier "

The over use of antibiotics is far more of a concern that than coronavirus.

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

My point earlier

The over use of antibiotics is far more of a concern that than coronavirus. "

Big time ... and unless broad spectrum wouldn't have limited effect anyway

Reply privately

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I am out of here

Reply privately

over a year ago

here

"I am out of here "

Again

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"I am out of here

Again "

Covid hokey c0key

Reply privately

By *ookMan
over a year ago

london

I bought an extra bag of pasta today and a few extra toilet rolls... pasta likely from Italy and toilet rolls from China. I would have bought a hand gel but £10 was a little expensive and seem to have run out. Think I’m pretty well prepared though. I sing the stevie wonder version of happy birthday when I wash my hands and it takes bloody ages...

Reply privately

over a year ago

So what about this “one fifth in quarantine malarkey” and I’m also pretty certain that’s not what Tom meant the army assisting with, as he’s harped off to all and sundry in previous threads about the army enforcing quarantine."

You said you wanted a source. I provided a source. A thank you would have sufficed.

Reply privately

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

My point earlier

The over use of antibiotics is far more of a concern that than coronavirus.

Big time ... and unless broad spectrum wouldn't have limited effect anyway"

Doctors are trialing a combined the anti-flu drug oseltamivir with lopinavir and ritonavir, anti-virals used to treat HIV.

Reply privately