Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Little green.....................

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Bins.

Came home tonite to find a little green bin on my doorstep. got its own little handle and looks ever so cute. and i thought WTF ???

Guess what !!

Its for slops

Ie food waste.

Now what we do with said waste after we fill little cute green bin with little cute handle hasnt been explained ?

So im gonna fill mine and then throw it in me big black uncute bin with no handle

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Bins.

Came home tonite to find a little green bin on my doorstep. got its own little handle and looks ever so cute. and i thought WTF ???

Guess what !!

Its for slops

Ie food waste.

Now what we do with said waste after we fill little cute green bin with little cute handle hasnt been explained ?

So im gonna fill mine and then throw it in me big black uncute bin with no handle "

Yep apparently they are coming to every town and village soon lol

Its so the MPs and fat cats can fill their troughs now the moneys drying up xx

over a year ago

so u have to recycle now ??? were do u live, we been doing it for years lol

over a year ago

We been doing that for ages but the little cute green bins with little cute handles are NEW

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"We been doing that for ages but the little cute green bins with little cute handles are NEW "
has it got a smiley face on it ???

over a year ago

No , so im gonna paint one on it.

and me house number and personal particulars.

over a year ago

And give it a name.???

dont know which one yet....

summat like.......hmmmmm ?????

over a year ago

Yeah we've had those ones for a while now, they're minging, bloody stink and you have to lift the lid to scrape your plate and get old slops all over your hand!

over a year ago

More Bins.... we have 3 feckin wheelie bins as it is ff's... Any more and we'll need to move to fit the buggers in..

over a year ago

George........

im gonna call mine GEORGE

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"George........

im gonna call mine GEORGE "

if you get two more you can call em zippy and bungal

over a year ago

ohhh

thats a good idea

im off out little green bin nicking

over a year ago

Hope they aint gonna bring george n his pals up 2 scotland, i live in a flat eewwww the smell lol,

i have a cute wee blue bin 4 recycling lol its coz we live in flats n cant have the BIGGER blue bins, lol

over a year ago

"Bins.

Guess what !!

Its for slops

Ie food waste.

So im gonna fill mine and then throw it in me big black uncute bin with no handle "

well if youve got a cute little green bin wont be long till we get them up our neck of the woods

mind you waist of time us having one cos what ever left on the plates the dogs get

waist of time if you ask me lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

We have 3 bins already

Im gonna wait for a bin that we can recycle all our bins into as its getting out of hand round here

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Bins.

Guess what !!

Its for slops

Ie food waste.

So im gonna fill mine and then throw it in me big black uncute bin with no handle

well if youve got a cute little green bin wont be long till we get them up our neck of the woods

mind you waist of time us having one cos what ever left on the plates the dogs get

waist of time if you ask me lol"

Thing with all these different coloured bins is if you put the wrong stuff in the wrong bins the damned bin men wont take them away. The other thing is the council say you mustn't put the bin out before 6 the evening before collection and must remove it by 6 the next evening, thats great as long as you aren't out at work beyone 6 pm!

over a year ago

its the same here

we have a black bin for general rubish

we have a green bin for garden waist

and then we have blue boxes for recycling

black bins have to be put out at 7am for collection and bought in before 7pm on collection day any earlier and your fined and if you have your bin lid left open more than an inch or they find recycleable rubbish in there they wont empty the bin

if your green bin is full of garden waist and to heavy to move they wont empty it same rules aply for green bin as they do for black bins

and the blue boxes are a nightmaire

godforbid if you put the wrong thing in the wrong box cos they wont empty it

and on top of that out wheele bins are only empited once a fortnight

no wonder the public dont wont to recycle its all to confusing

over a year ago

weve got a green wheelie bin a black wheelie bin and three boxes for recyling can hardly get up the drive for all the bloody bins

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

when i had a garden( before the divorce) i had two drilled(holes) bins sunk into the groung one for household waste one for garden waste, the resulting rot down perculated into the soil, any solids were taken from the said bins and used as fertiliser for the flower beds/seed pots, i never ever bought peat bags from garden centre's or chemical fertilisers, but the council did try to fin me for failing to produce waste for recycling though, ooh and paper ( newspaper/junk mail box's) were pulped and compressed to make burnable bricks for the arga,,,,,, and they ( the council) said i was failing in my dutie to recycle ,,,,,,,, bah humbug ( ooh and by the way those waste bricks burn 70% hotter and 55% longer than coal or , we also had a water re-cycling system for the bath water it was pumped from the bath to an irrigation system which supplied a misting spray to the grean house and rose beds ( never ever had an affid problem on the rose's or the green house

over a year ago

all this recycling our councils wont us to do is not really "to save the planet" its another way of making money from us

as they sell off the recycling that we put out for them

our councils have to meet targets set by the goverment to reduce our carbon foot print so the councils have to comply if they dont the govermant fine them

If we dont comply to what our councils wont us to recycle they fine us its called a vicious circle

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"all this recycling our councils wont us to do is not really "to save the planet" its another way of making money from us

as they sell off the recycling that we put out for them

our councils have to meet targets set by the goverment to reduce our carbon foot print so the councils have to comply if they dont the govermant fine them

If we dont comply to what our councils wont us to recycle they fine us its called a vicious circle"

it took me nine month's a several threatening letter's to get a council enviromental offiser to come to my property and comfirm that i was in fact my own recycling plant and that only plastic tin and glass were placed in their recycling bins because in point of fact they were the only things we couldn't personally recycle, alli-can's we did actually crush store and wiegh in for the cash, ( 500 MT cans can actually purchase 300 full ones)

over a year ago

the scraps off our plates goes into the dogs bowls and mixed in with their food

any raw waiste like veg peeling ect goes into my compost bins for my garden same as paper cardbored and the contents of the vacum

they only thing i put out is glass tins and plasticthey dont even get my garden waist as that goes into my compost bins

By *itchfieldMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

They handed out those little food waste bins in Cardiff a year or so ago. But the ones they give out here do come with small bags to go in them - it's still pretty unpleasant though.

The thing that gets me is they don't want it in landfill, I still haven't heard why that could possibly be a problem.

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"They handed out those little food waste bins in Cardiff a year or so ago. But the ones they give out here do come with small bags to go in them - it's still pretty unpleasant though.

The thing that gets me is they don't want it in landfill, I still haven't heard why that could possibly be a problem. "

belive it or not food waste is chemicaly decompsed the gas's from them are used to fuel incinerators that then burn off other combutable's the heat from witch is used to produce steam that is the used to generate electric that is put into the grid for our use and their profit as the electric company buys it from the council, ,,,,, well thats the therory anyway

over a year ago

"They handed out those little food waste bins in Cardiff a year or so ago. But the ones they give out here do come with small bags to go in them - it's still pretty unpleasant though.

The thing that gets me is they don't want it in landfill, I still haven't heard why that could possibly be a problem. belive it or not food waste is chemicaly decompsed the gas's from them are used to fuel incinerators that then burn off other combutable's the heat from witch is used to produce steam that is the used to generate electric that is put into the grid for our use and their profit as the electric company buys it from the council, ,,,,, well thats the therory anyway "

well you learn something new everyday

always wonder why thet wonted he scraps off our plates

over a year ago

we have a black bin for genaral rubbish

green bin for card and garden waist

small green bin for tins and glass bottels

another small blue bin for newspapers

what surprises me more than anything is our council does not recycle any plastic so whats the point in recycling some stuff and not others but i guess we aint the only ppl that beleive this recycling is just another goverment plan to get yet more tax off us whilst dumping all the rubbish whatever it is in landfill sites or send it overseas

over a year ago

I got one of those cute little green ones the other day... first of all ewww!!

Secondly, the leaflet inside says it has to be emptied into the green wheelie bin for garden waste... thing is, we dont have a bloody green wheelie bin!!!

over a year ago

"we have a black bin for genaral rubbish

green bin for card and garden waist

small green bin for tins and glass bottels

another small blue bin for newspapers

what surprises me more than anything is our council does not recycle any plastic so whats the point in recycling some stuff and not others but i guess we aint the only ppl that beleive this recycling is just another goverment plan to get yet more tax off us whilst dumping all the rubbish whatever it is in landfill sites or send it overseas "

now theres a thing

the powers that be bang on about reducing our carbon foot print and emissions

but rather than deal with our recycling here in the uk they send it by road and sea to the back of beyond

now correct me if im wrong but wouldnt that increase our carbon foot print and emissions by using land and sea to said back of beyond to be recycled

but what they dont tell you is that they dont always recycle some of it is put in land fill in the said back of beyond

saving the planet my arse lining their pockets more like

By *itchfieldMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

The thing that gets me is they don't want it in landfill, I still haven't heard why that could possibly be a problem. belive it or not food waste is chemicaly decompsed the gas's from them are used to fuel incinerators that then burn off other combutable's the heat from witch is used to produce steam that is the used to generate electric that is put into the grid for our use and their profit as the electric company buys it from the council, ,,,,, well thats the therory anyway "

Seems highly inefficient to me. Compost it, grow more plants around a power station, cut down plants. Simples.

I'm not really convinced that any government is approaching renewable energy sources sensibly. For instance the lack of stories sayin 'Hey, we've decided to invest £2 billion in solar energy research and development so we can create a new industry in the UK' or the deployment of any testicles whatsoever. *sighs*

Then again the last PM didn't even use a PC. You have to wonder how many MP's are ignorant luddites

over a year ago

"I got one of those cute little green ones the other day... first of all ewww!!

Secondly, the leaflet inside says it has to be emptied into the green wheelie bin for garden waste... thing is, we dont have a bloody green wheelie bin!!!"

I have

one big black bugger

three big green buggers

four little blue buggers

and one little cute green bugger with little handle.

And a garden the size of a postage stamp....

Where the hell im supposed to stick um i dont know ???

over a year ago

At least you have a garden Peaches hun

We have a grey/black bin for everything waste

A blue bin for paper stuff - and woe betide you if the bin men see anything other than paper in it cos then no bins get emptied!!

and a brown bin for garden waste - well we share our bit grass out the back with 5 other flats and have the council cut the grass but 2 brown bins for all the cuttings and hedge trimmings?!?!?!

Ohh and all the bins are emptied into the same bucket lorry each week (ok brown bin and blue bin one week diff days and black bin every other week) by the same sour faced guys - all cos they have to walk up 10 steps to get the pensioners bins lazy buggers actually told me over the summer I should take the bins out - I explained I dont even put my bin out hubby does it cos I cant push the damn things down said steps and was told you look fine to me nowt wrong with you!!! Cheeky feckers

Now what I want to know is if we all got to seperate our rubbish (I have no problem with this I have done it for years) and take out plastic up to the proper recycling point sorting out the clear from the coloured and green glass from clear WHY DO THEY EMPTY THEM ALL INTO THE SAME LORRY AT THE SAME TIME ON THE SAME DAY????? does this not defeat the whole point of seperating it all???

Shona

x x x

over a year ago

And its all out money they bleeding wasting by all the cock ups they keep making.

Why the hell they cant empty the black ones every week is beyond me.

Maybe we should do as they do abroad.

Have several great big bins placed in the street where every one takes their waste.in black bags and they empty every other day.

no more bins in our gardens then

over a year ago

i woke up this morning to find a rather sad looking little green bin outside my front door

so now thats sat on my work surface waiting to be feed

so now thats something we have to fill for the council

they will be haveing us recycle our own human waist next

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Found out yesterday my daughter has a 'little green bin' stupid thing is she had a baby 2 months ago so the council gave her another one, now I know if he's like his grandfather he will be rather forward but don't think he'll fill a slop bucket with waste food just yet

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

ban the making and selling of disposable nappies for a start, they take for ever to decompose, and litter the country side where ever you go, bring back glass milk bottles, pop bottle,s ( far easier to recycle) most of the problems we face is bought about by packaging thats un-neccessary, why do they double pack some foods, when a single package would be enough, food's and other stuff packed in a box twice the size it needs to be in because it makes it look more for the money that its actually is, and if we reduce the packaging we reduce the cost thus lowering the retail price's, cutting down to on carbon foot print to boot

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

what happens if your colour blind???

over a year ago

Sounds like a great place for rats to meet up, how long before we get infested with them.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Sounds like a great place for rats to meet up, how long before we get infested with them."

God I know - can't understand why they'd want you to put food waste in a separate bin- yuk! All our leftovers from meals goes down the waste disposal and uncooked stuff - peelings etc - goes into the composter - makes lovely soil for the garden too!

over a year ago

"Hope they aint gonna bring george n his pals up 2 scotland, i live in a flat eewwww the smell lol,

i have a cute wee blue bin 4 recycling lol its coz we live in flats n cant have the BIGGER blue bins, lol "

Scarlet - Be prepared we're just up the road and we have the wee green bins already, started in march.

We have a right collection now, 2 blue, 1 red, 1 mini green one lol!

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Sounds like a great place for rats to meet up, how long before we get infested with them.

God I know - can't understand why they'd want you to put food waste in a separate bin- yuk! All our leftovers from meals goes down the waste disposal and uncooked stuff - peelings etc - goes into the composter - makes lovely soil for the garden too!"

maybe it's to sell it to curry shops and pizza makers for recycling

over a year ago

chuckle all these coloured bins is no use to me ........... am colour blind. chuckle... x

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

and what are said bin's made from !!!!!!! unrecyclable petro-chemically produce polywhatsits, again the petrol producing companie's hands are dragging in the cash

Post new Message to Thread