Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Health V Wealth

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Interesting phone in on the radio. Will large scale public events like the Cheltenham festival and Premier League Footy be cancelled. The Cheltenham horse festival generates tens of millions of pounds. Is it that simple or will wealth compromise health ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Conversely, is the damage that's being done to the world economy worse than the actual virus itself?

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Conversely, is the damage that's being done to the world economy worse than the actual virus itself? "

I really don't know. Self isolation is fine but if people are not paid sick pay there may be a big incentive to break the self quarantine

By *latinumkittenWoman
over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

"Conversely, is the damage that's being done to the world economy worse than the actual virus itself? "

^This

Total media frenzy

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Conversely, is the damage that's being done to the world economy worse than the actual virus itself?

^This

Total media frenzy"

It's a frenzy but a huge huge global story affecting everyone either physically or financially. They are talking of army being utilised and emergency legislation which will be to enforce cordons and cancellation of gatherings I suspect

over a year ago

"Conversely, is the damage that's being done to the world economy worse than the actual virus itself?

^This

Total media frenzy

It's a frenzy but a huge huge global story affecting everyone either physically or financially. They are talking of army being utilised and emergency legislation which will be to enforce cordons and cancellation of gatherings I suspect"

I can't help but think that the whole thing's been blown completely out of proportion.

By *oman wantedCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Liverpool/Manchester

Just stage sporting events behind closesd doors. Still screen them. x

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

^This

Total media frenzy

It's a frenzy but a huge huge global story affecting everyone either physically or financially. They are talking of army being utilised and emergency legislation which will be to enforce cordons and cancellation of gatherings I suspect

I can't help but think that the whole thing's been blown completely out of proportion. "

I am not sure that's true.. cases will increase exponentially I would imagine and we need to protect the vulnerable

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Just stage sporting events behind closesd doors. Still screen them. x"

Great idea.. not sure it will work in every case though

Many live events such as theatre and concerts are not screened

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I do my know what the answer is but people need to go back to basic hygiene. Sneeze into tissues & throw them away then use hand gel or wash hands. Use tissues when opening doors etc..

My colleagues are getting plastic keyboard covers & loads of anti-bac wipes as we don’t sit at the same desk everyday.

This is a virus, airborne, and lives on surfaces for 5 days. The amount of people I see sneezing freely makes me want to and is dangerous to anyone with respiratory issues

J x

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Yes

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I do my know what the answer is but people need to go back to basic hygiene. Sneeze into tissues & throw them away then use hand gel or wash hands. Use tissues when opening doors etc..

My colleagues are getting plastic keyboard covers & loads of anti-bac wipes as we don’t sit at the same desk everyday.

This is a virus, airborne, and lives on surfaces for 5 days. The amount of people I see sneezing freely makes me want to and is dangerous to anyone with respiratory issues

J x"

And 100 thousand at some festival...

Can't see it ..

Sensible precautions but no need for panic

By *unscot44Man
over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

I think if we don't take fairly draconian measures now which will damage the economy, then there is a huge chance that the long term consequences will make current damage seem like a picnic.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I think if we don't take fairly draconian measures now which will damage the economy, then there is a huge chance that the long term consequences will make current damage seem like a picnic."

I agree.. Wake up Peoples

over a year ago

Yawn.

Post new Message to Thread