Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Books

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I went t Amsterdam few year's back and on inpulse bought a book. It's called The Theatre of Cruelty. Beautifully dark book, a bit BDSM style. Black and white cartoon drawings etc An old woman with teeth in her lady love slot. Fucking weird. So, Have you ever bought a book on holiday, got it home and thought. Why the fuck did a buy that.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

my g/f's always buying books, had a sort out the other day, took 50 to 60 books to the book bank,

over a year ago

I don't think so, but I want to borrow yours when you're done with it!

over a year ago

"my g/f's always buying books, had a sort out the other day, took 50 to 60 books to the book bank,"
That's a lot a books. If there first print hard back books. Could be worth a few quid

over a year ago

"I don't think so, but I want to borrow yours when you're done with it!"
Of course you can. We can read it together

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When we were on holiday at the end of Jan I bought a Doris Lessing novel. I regret that, her writing style isn't for me at all, I'm donating it having only read 30 pages

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"my g/f's always buying books, had a sort out the other day, took 50 to 60 books to the book bank,"

We buy loads. National Trust second hand book shops are our downfall. We had to build a room to house our library

over a year ago

"When we were on holiday at the end of Jan I bought a Doris Lessing novel. I regret that, her writing style isn't for me at all, I'm donating it having only read 30 pages"
Should always read back cover.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

As a kid I was always given holiday spending money - when I was 11 or 12 I used some of it to buy a book about all things witchcraft and demonology related , and terrified myself with it so much I begged my mum to lock it in her wardrobe for several years

over a year ago

"As a kid I was always given holiday spending money - when I was 11 or 12 I used some of it to buy a book about all things witchcraft and demonology related , and terrified myself with it so much I begged my mum to lock it in her wardrobe for several years "
I like things like that. As scary and dark has they are. You practice witchcraft etc

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I went t Amsterdam few year's back and on inpulse bought a book. It's called The Theatre of Cruelty. Beautifully dark book, a bit BDSM style. Black and white cartoon drawings etc An old woman with teeth in her lady love slot. Fucking weird. So, Have you ever bought a book on holiday, got it home and thought. Why the fuck did a buy that."

That sounds a good read!

I bought My Story, by Mohammed Maktoum at the airport , wasn’t sure why , just wanted to understand history of Dubai but it’s actually a great little book of lessons in wisdom, love, passion, survival and leadership. Highly recommend if you’re interested in personal development or history of Dubai , his writing style is unique

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"When we were on holiday at the end of Jan I bought a Doris Lessing novel. I regret that, her writing style isn't for me at all, I'm donating it having only read 30 pages Should always read back cover."
I

I did. It wasn't the story it was the way it was being told. Other people love Doris, she's just not for me

over a year ago

"When we were on holiday at the end of Jan I bought a Doris Lessing novel. I regret that, her writing style isn't for me at all, I'm donating it having only read 30 pages Should always read back cover.I

I did. It wasn't the story it was the way it was being told. Other people love Doris, she's just not for me"

I love to read but it has to be a book i will read. Just gets left on shelf. Like me. But that's another story

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"When we were on holiday at the end of Jan I bought a Doris Lessing novel. I regret that, her writing style isn't for me at all, I'm donating it having only read 30 pages Should always read back cover.I

I did. It wasn't the story it was the way it was being told. Other people love Doris, she's just not for me I love to read but it has to be a book i will read. Just gets left on shelf. Like me. But that's another story"

Yeah, I love to read too. Currently reading an edited selection of letters written by the Paston family in the 15th century.

over a year ago

"my g/f's always buying books, had a sort out the other day, took 50 to 60 books to the book bank,

We buy loads. National Trust second hand book shops are our downfall. We had to build a room to house our library "

I bought a Kindle so I'd take up less room with buying books. I mean, I'm buying more than ever but they're tucked away on that instead so they don't count.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"my g/f's always buying books, had a sort out the other day, took 50 to 60 books to the book bank,

We buy loads. National Trust second hand book shops are our downfall. We had to build a room to house our library

I bought a Kindle so I'd take up less room with buying books. I mean, I'm buying more than ever but they're tucked away on that instead so they don't count. "

Have you discovered free kindle books? If you haven't I apologise now for pointing you in their direction .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I bought a Kindle so I'd take up less room with buying books. I mean, I'm buying more than ever but they're tucked away on that instead so they don't count.

Have you discovered free kindle books? If you haven't I apologise now for pointing you in their direction . "

And you are indeed saintly

Post new Message to Thread