Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vegan Pets

Jump to newest

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

My nephew has just told me that the eldest living dog was Vegan and died at 27.

I never gave vegan animals a thought.

I was quite surprised, that is a good age for a dog

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ogisticalBigManMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

"My nephew has just told me that the eldest living dog was Vegan and died at 27.

I was quite surprised, that is a good age for a dog"

Fantastic age for any dog. Must have been a tiny little thing. Bigger dogs tend to have shorter life spans

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Think how long it could have lived for with the right diet

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"My nephew has just told me that the eldest living dog was Vegan and died at 27.

Fantastic age for any dog. Must have been a tiny little thing. Bigger dogs tend to have shorter life spans "

It was a Border Collie and surprised me, firstly because of the age and then the diet

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Think how long it could have lived for with the right diet"

I never thought of this

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

Our office dog is vegan

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Our office dog is vegan"

He eats vegan but I doubt he is vegan. I can't imagine if he had a steak in front of him that he would turn his nose away for ethical reasons. I'm sure those feeding him do make sure he has what he needs in his diet though.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Our office dog is vegan"

I suppose there is a lot of dietary requirements to consider as in what nutrients you'd have to supplement, afterall they are naturally meat eaters

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Our office dog is vegan

I suppose there is a lot of dietary requirements to consider as in what nutrients you'd have to supplement, afterall they are naturally meat eaters"

Meat focused omnivores. You have to be very careful and particular in what you give them. The vast majority of fruit and veg provide very little nutritional value to a canine. Grapes for example are toxic to dogs.

A vegan diet is much better for them (with proper research) than commercial processed shite they pump out and try to get you to feed your dog.

Mine are raw fed and I've never been around healthier dogs. I'll throw in a carrot, some apple, watermelon but mostly for filler and a treat.

Cats should NEVER be on a vegan diet of any kind, they need meat as their pm bodies don't naturally produces certain chemicals.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Our office dog is vegan

I suppose there is a lot of dietary requirements to consider as in what nutrients you'd have to supplement, afterall they are naturally meat eaters

Meat focused omnivores. You have to be very careful and particular in what you give them. The vast majority of fruit and veg provide very little nutritional value to a canine. Grapes for example are toxic to dogs.

A vegan diet is much better for them (with proper research) than commercial processed shite they pump out and try to get you to feed your dog.

Mine are raw fed and I've never been around healthier dogs. I'll throw in a carrot, some apple, watermelon but mostly for filler and a treat.

Cats should NEVER be on a vegan diet of any kind, they need meat as their pm bodies don't naturally produces certain chemicals. "

Both of my dogs if they chased and caught a rabitt or rodent would happily eat it. That's certain not the behaviour of a herbivorous based animal.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Think how long it could have lived for with the right diet"

Why did that make me laugh

By *ingle Beds LassWoman
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

"Our office dog is vegan

Mine are raw fed and I've never been around healthier dogs. I'll throw in a carrot, some apple, watermelon but mostly for filler and a treat. "

Yea owner is aware of what not to give him and he has kibble for the extra bits he needs.

I know if he was offered the Achilles heel of the vege/vegan world.... a bacon sarnie... he'd wolf it down!

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Our dog has a lot of allergies & can’t eat meat or poultry except turkey. She can’t have any grain, rice or dairy either. So lives off turkey, veg, potato, quinoa & lentil. It’s a ball ache

J x

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Our office dog is vegan

Cats should NEVER be on a vegan diet of any kind, they need meat as their pm bodies don't naturally produces certain chemicals. "

I had a Staff for 13yrs and he was put to sleep on the recommendation of the vet.

I never fed him raw and when I tried he didn't seem to like it much.

Maybe it's what they get used to. On the whole he was tin fed.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Our dog has a lot of allergies & can’t eat meat or poultry except turkey. She can’t have any grain, rice or dairy either. So lives off turkey, veg, potato, quinoa & lentil. It’s a ball ache

J x"

I bet, it sounds it

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Our office dog is vegan

Cats should NEVER be on a vegan diet of any kind, they need meat as their pm bodies don't naturally produces certain chemicals.

I had a Staff for 13yrs and he was put to sleep on the recommendation of the vet.

Maybe it's what they get used to. On the whole he was tin fed."

Yeah they get used to certain things, dogs like routine. When I first put my dog on raw he wouldn't have any of it. Now it is gone in seconds. My other dog took to it instantly.

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Our office dog is vegan

Maybe it's what they get used to. On the whole he was tin fed.

Yeah they get used to certain things, dogs like routine. When I first put my dog on raw he wouldn't have any of it. Now it is gone in seconds. My other dog took to it instantly."

It sounds like they are well looked after. It's always good to see this.

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I was quite surprised, that is a good age for a dog"

Shame about vegan cats tho....

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman
over a year ago

B38

Shame about vegan cats tho...."

It really is a great age. I had a cat, I miss her. She was a tin fed cat

Post new Message to Thread