Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Kids in pubs..

Jump to newest

By *oneyjule65 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

Personally we want a quiet drink...plus is a pub with bad language the place for a child?..the ones we see are obviously bored & only there because their parents brought them...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Isn’t it why pubs have a cella ?

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Personally we want a quiet drink...plus is a pub with bad language the place for a child?..the ones we see are obviously bored & only there because their parents brought them..."

I don't see children as the problem but the adults.

Parents should take children to family friendly pubs and ensure their children behave.

Other adults should behave apparently around those children.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Personally we want a quiet drink...plus is a pub with bad language the place for a child?..the ones we see are obviously bored & only there because their parents brought them...

I don't see children as the problem but the adults.

Parents should take children to family friendly pubs and ensure their children behave.

Other adults should behave apparently around those children. "

* Appropriately

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Depends on the pub, I don't see a problem taking kids in the daytime for something to eat.

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

Having had several pubs over the years I’d say no. Never agreed with it outside in the summer is fine but in the pub no.

But as we now seem to live in a world we’re the traditional local no longer exists sadly and all pubs are now restaurants with a wacky warehouse it’s inevitable.

I yearn for the good old days of bands live music pool tables darts and a card game.

over a year ago

"Having had several pubs over the years I’d say no. Never agreed with it outside in the summer is fine but in the pub no.

But as we now seem to live in a world we’re the traditional local no longer exists sadly and all pubs are now restaurants with a wacky warehouse it’s inevitable.

I yearn for the good old days of bands live music pool tables darts and a card game. "

Still got that round here, albeit a rock pub which is good for me, but still live bands, pool table, dart boards, 2 bars, regulars etc :D

By *ounty durham bbw coupleCouple
over a year ago

darlington

Taking children to pubs teaches them how important pubs are socially obviously the parents need to be responsible

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I personally don't see a problem with children being in pubs at appropriate times. Many pubs that have family areas,

over a year ago

"Personally we want a quiet drink...plus is a pub with bad language the place for a child?..the ones we see are obviously bored & only there because their parents brought them..."
go to a quiet pub. Most bars n grills allowed kids in till 2100

over a year ago

In the daytime it’s fine! Why shouldn’t they? I often go with friends in the summer they love playing in the pub garden on the swings and stuff!

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Depends on the pub, I don't see a problem taking kids in the daytime for something to eat. "

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I haven't got any kids of my own, but haven't got a problem with them.

It gives me an opportunity to see friends and have a drink with those that do have kids.

over a year ago

As long as said children are kept under control and not screaming and running around people's tables and potentially causing accidents with people carrying glasses or plates then fine, but I would like to see family areas where families with children are seated so people who want to eat or drink in adult company can do so.

over a year ago

I have no issue with it if they are going for a meal but if parents are drinking and kids running wild then I don't think they should be allowed

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Depends on the pub, the parents and the kids.

Not that I go in many these days, spent enough time in them as a kid with my brother being dragged along by my dad.

By *oneyjule65 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Halifax

This really isn't a family pub no beer garden, no food,but great adult atmosphere, it's not a family pub more back Street in town, not one to judge but the kids are bored & running about whilst the adults neck their beer, the language colourful at times. Some kids even meet their parents in the pub after school plus have also seen some young kids distressed because of the crowds & noise...

By *arentsgonebadCouple
over a year ago

sheffield

as parents we have to take our kids with us if we want to go out ,I don't think the issue is kids been in the pub ,the issue is now days their are no family orientated pubs ,all the pubs around us are all hungry horse , of which all bar one have removed the play areas for kids.the one that remains is in a round about next to a retail outlet hardly the ideal place to go have a drink in the summer breathing in copious amounts of pollution , which means kids have no where to play.we look for pubs that have out door play areas but are few and far between.

It's about a happy medium I'm all for having a family area within the pub however 90% of the time these areas are where people are eating food , if you don't want to eat the last thing you want to be doing is smelling and watching others eat , equally their are no TVs for the sports if that's what we wanted to watch , my local said I wouldn't be able to take our eldest daughter to the pub during the world cup to watch the game,hence this is no longer my local as I felt discriminated against that I couldn't go for a beer and watch the game with my friends and my daughter.

I think what I'm trying to say if if more pubs catered for family's ,family's would go to the pubs over one with no family friendly area

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

As long as they stand their round I have no problem

over a year ago

Go to a different pub

One that isn't child friendly

over a year ago

I have a kid and would only take mine into a pub for food through the day. Never so I can have a few drinks, however each to their own.

over a year ago

It’s a public house you go abroad it’s more family oriented, after a certain time then I don’t think children should be in there

By *itonmyfacebookMan
over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Having had several pubs over the years I’d say no. Never agreed with it outside in the summer is fine but in the pub no.

I yearn for the good old days of bands live music pool tables darts and a card game. "

And smoking

By *miableRogueMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I was brought up in a pub. My dad wasn't the landlord, he just spent all of his time there. Ergo so did I

(Great at pool and darts though also, had my name on the leaderboard for all Hypersports events on the arcade machine)

Post new Message to Thread