Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Polyester of white blouse

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My favourite blouse had it a few years is going a bit gray white anyone an idea to make it white again.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If it's polyester it might not be possible. Have you tried that stuff that claims to whiten fabric? I think Vanish is one brand.

over a year ago

"If it's polyester it might not be possible. Have you tried that stuff that claims to whiten fabric? I think Vanish is one brand."

Yes I tried Gold vanish but it's still looking a bit not white.But a friend said 5 minute ago put it out on the line in the sun. But she also said that yes it's comfortable and I love it.

But I might just have to bin it. Or wear it around the house when no one is looking lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"If it's polyester it might not be possible. Have you tried that stuff that claims to whiten fabric? I think Vanish is one brand.

Yes I tried Gold vanish but it's still looking a bit not white.But a friend said 5 minute ago put it out on the line in the sun. But she also said that yes it's comfortable and I love it.

But I might just have to bin it. Or wear it around the house when no one is looking lol"

The sun is great for bleaching out marks so it's worth a try. They have some nice white blouses in Primark at the moment if you fancy a new one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've found the sun yellowed a dress I had years ago when I left it out for a long time.

What about that stuff for whitening net curtains?

over a year ago

"I've found the sun yellowed a dress I had years ago when I left it out for a long time.

What about that stuff for whitening net curtains? "

that could be a good idea I have a look for some thank you x

over a year ago

"If it's polyester it might not be possible. Have you tried that stuff that claims to whiten fabric? I think Vanish is one brand.

But I might just have to bin it. Or wear it around the house when no one is looking lol

The sun is great for bleaching out marks so it's worth a try. They have some nice white blouses in Primark at the moment if you fancy a new one"

Truthfully I have to many blouses it's the problem of being a TVs you can't wear your clothes out and they spend most of the time looking pretty hanging up lol

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

If you can't whiten it, have you thought a dying it a different colour? You get the dyes that you put in your washing machine. Works really well, done it with lots of my clothes

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

"

What about that stuff for whitening net curtains? "

Good old acdo glo white, if anything will work, that's probably the stuff.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The sun is great for bleaching out marks so it's worth a try. They have some nice white blouses in Primark at the moment if you fancy a new one

Truthfully I have to many blouses it's the problem of being a TVs you can't wear your clothes out and they spend most of the time looking pretty hanging up lol"

Too many blouses!? Is that a thing?

By *oldenskyWoman
over a year ago

london

Hi all try the Milton sterilising tablets don’t leave it over night an hour or so check and then leave or rinse

over a year ago

Truthfully I have to many blouses it's the problem of being a TVs you can't wear your clothes out and they spend most of the time looking pretty hanging up lol

Too many blouses!? Is that a thing? "

It is when you have to buy two sets of clothes. I need every day male clothes and shoes. So buying a new blouse to wear 4 or 5 time's a year when I need new male clothes I can wear every day doesn't always make sense I try to buy unisex but most of that doesn't really work lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Too many blouses!? Is that a thing?

It is when you have to buy two sets of clothes. I need every day male clothes and shoes. So buying a new blouse to wear 4 or 5 time's a year when I need new male clothes I can wear every day doesn't always make sense I try to buy unisex but most of that doesn't really work lol"

I understand . I was joking with you, I've got waaay too many clothes and I only need to buy one set

Post new Message to Thread