Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Forum running club week 10

Jump to newest

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

This week I am hoping to get out a bit more. Though may take my running kit and do a 5km round brum when I am up for work.

Plan is to do a light 2 or 3km early in week follow by 5km

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ragoniteMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

I had planned to do a steady 10 miler but having been plied with drinks last night I might rethink that!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Big Half yesterday. Running over tower bridge was ace. And I'm super proud of my girlfriend doing her longest run since she ended up in an ambulance during a marathon 18 months ago. But fuck me given it's organised by the same team that organise VLM it was a bit shit and not one I'll rush back to

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

We hadn't run for last 3 weeks due to illness and we were on holiday last week skiing. Arrived home on Saturday night and ran a half marathon event yesterday.

I (her) thought I would have to drop out by mile 5, I felt sick, my sinuses are still infected, I forgot my gels, my lungs were screaming as loud as my weak legs BUT I dug in deep and have the most amazing running partner/boyfriend who helped me finish the race.

I even knocked 5 mins off last year's time. Today I am shattered and my legs hate me but I will be out tomorrow for a run x

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am going to do a 5km before work round the Thames

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well I managed to do a sub30 5km this morning. Legs still a bit tied from Saturday. So wasn’t aiming for a PB and was running on bridges and steps so happy in general with pace and it was good as a training run.

Run up from Charing Cross bridge up to Vauxhall, then back to waterloo bridge, then back to Charing Cross bridge. Nice sunny morning.

over a year ago

After a long enforced break I’ve just started from scratch so I’ve done a couple of 5kms

over a year ago

Two race weekends in a row for me, so after Saturday's race taking it easy this week before the next one. So glad the evenings are getting lighter though

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

Lovely-sounding river runs MikeC81 and Bike Monkey!

I'm off work this week and extended my normal run route this morning to just over 9km. Foolishly by putting a big-for-London hill (Crystal Palace) in the middle! But it was so nice being out, it really smells like spring.

By *nto My ArmsMan
over a year ago

Herts/London

It's lovely to get some light on my evening runs this past week. Just need to get some dry days and back through the fields and woods I go.

Can't wait. I find road running a bit tiresome.

over a year ago

"It's lovely to get some light on my evening runs this past week. Just need to get some dry days and back through the fields and woods I go.

Can't wait. I find road running a bit tiresome. "

I hear you on the road running

over a year ago

Did 30k yesterday!

over a year ago

I need to enter another race to give me something to work towards

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Lovely-sounding river runs MikeC81 and Bike Monkey!

I'm off work this week and extended my normal run route this morning to just over 9km. Foolishly by putting a big-for-London hill (Crystal Palace) in the middle! But it was so nice being out, it really smells like spring."

Tbh it was the first time I had run towards Vauxhall nice run

over a year ago

Another 5km today building slowly

over a year ago

"It's lovely to get some light on my evening runs this past week. Just need to get some dry days and back through the fields and woods I go.

Can't wait. I find road running a bit tiresome.

I hear you on the road running "

Same here! I'm looking forward to the lighter nights and switching my road commute to trails

over a year ago

"Lovely-sounding river runs MikeC81 and Bike Monkey!

I'm off work this week and extended my normal run route this morning to just over 9km. Foolishly by putting a big-for-London hill (Crystal Palace) in the middle! But it was so nice being out, it really smells like spring."

Crystal palace is savage! I remember riding over there when I lived in London and it wasn't easy!

over a year ago

6 miles with the club tonight in 56 minutes - ouch!!

over a year ago

I entered a 10k race at the weekend and managed a pb of 45 mins in some pretty awful conditions. The next 10 days are shorter, slower runs ready for a half next weekend which I am dreading.

over a year ago

"I entered a 10k race at the weekend and managed a pb of 45 mins in some pretty awful conditions. The next 10 days are shorter, slower runs ready for a half next weekend which I am dreading."

Why are you dreading it?

over a year ago

"I entered a 10k race at the weekend and managed a pb of 45 mins in some pretty awful conditions. The next 10 days are shorter, slower runs ready for a half next weekend which I am dreading.

Why are you dreading it? "

Upu are not allowed to run with headphones, how will I survive without some cheesy 80s hits to keep me company ?

over a year ago

Swansea

This evening we ran 8 x 800m intervals with 1 min rest period in between and at a pace approx 40 seconds per mile faster than my (her) fastest 10k run pace.

It went well, but as Mr's watch ran out of battery we had to estimate our pace and we were just a few seconds off the target pace. Obviously I am self critical and initially felt this was a failure until I am talked around by Mr. X

over a year ago

Swansea

"I entered a 10k race at the weekend and managed a pb of 45 mins in some pretty awful conditions. The next 10 days are shorter, slower runs ready for a half next weekend which I am dreading.

Why are you dreading it?

Upu are not allowed to run with headphones, how will I survive without some cheesy 80s hits to keep me company ? "

I (her) have run events wearing a headband over my ears and wireless earphones beneath it. Hide the wire at the back under the band and away to go x

over a year ago

Why are you dreading it?

Upu are not allowed to run with headphones, how will I survive without some cheesy 80s hits to keep me company ?

I (her) have run events wearing a headband over my ears and wireless earphones beneath it. Hide the wire at the back under the band and away to go x"

Oh you just became my favourite person on Fab. Thank you so much, I hadn't come up with a way to cheat the system. X

over a year ago

Why are you dreading it?

Upu are not allowed to run with headphones, how will I survive without some cheesy 80s hits to keep me company ? "

Run with someone at your pace, chat as you go round

over a year ago

Swansea

Why are you dreading it?

I (her) have run events wearing a headband over my ears and wireless earphones beneath it. Hide the wire at the back under the band and away to go x

Oh you just became my favourite person on Fab. Thank you so much, I hadn't come up with a way to cheat the system. X"

over a year ago

You’ll be disqualified if caught

over a year ago

Buy a pair of bone conductors. Well worth the money and almost all races allow them.

I volunteer at a lot of races for the same organiser and anyone ignoring no headphones rule and wearing them gets stopped and told to take them out and on occassion DQ'd.

Personally it's not a rule I agree with but I do agree with respecting the rule of it is in place

over a year ago

"Buy a pair of bone conductors. Well worth the money and almost all races allow them.

I volunteer at a lot of races for the same organiser and anyone ignoring no headphones rule and wearing them gets stopped and told to take them out and on occassion DQ'd.

Personally it's not a rule I agree with but I do agree with respecting the rule of it is in place"

Why would anyone want to go to a race and wear headphones anyway ?!

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

I run parkrun with headphones in all the time - it’s my way of zoning out.

This morning I ran 5km around brum. Not the quickest time - 30.36 but legs were a bit tight this morning but it was good to see another city centre, though that mean I had to think of where I was going

over a year ago

"I run parkrun with headphones in all the time - it’s my way of zoning out.

This morning I ran 5km around brum. Not the quickest time - 30.36 but legs were a bit tight this morning but it was good to see another city centre, though that mean I had to think of where I was going "

I can understand that, but why would anyone want to wear headphones in a race ?!

over a year ago

"I can understand that, but why would anyone want to wear headphones in a race ?!"

I suppose it's just what people get used to in training. I really enjoy the countryside, and all my runs are out in beautiful surroundings. I like to listen to everything going on around me, and find it far more relaxing.

I won't do large races because of that reason. I've done the BUPA10k and I hated it, roads, noise, cramped - so could understand why someone would want to wear headphones to block all of that out.

By *ikeC81 OP   Man
over a year ago

harrow

Beat my pb by 2 secs today!!! In a slightly challenging course. Really really happy considering I have run 15km this week. Was over at Mile End Parkrun. The two cheeky hills on each lap are hard but when you do your pb you don’t mind

over a year ago

First run back on the roads in 3 months, felt good to be out but nearly killed me

over a year ago

"Beat my pb by 2 secs today!!! In a slightly challenging course. Really really happy considering I have run 15km this week. Was over at Mile End Parkrun. The two cheeky hills on each lap are hard but when you do your pb you don’t mind "

Well done mate Good to see you are still improving.

Have you seen the Islington 10km at the end of the year? Finishes at the Arsenal ground, thought you might fancy that

over a year ago

Just missed going under 24 minutes today but got my best ever age grading and best finish position in years so quite chuffed with that. Need to find around 30 seconds to get my PB but our course is so muddy in places at the moment I reckon that just some dry weather could make the difference!

Cambridge half tomorrow, not tapered in the slightest so am torn between aiming firva pace I know I can hold or a slightly more ballsy shit or bust attempt chasing 1.50!

over a year ago

You shouldn’t need to taper for a half as such, go out and run at a pace without putting pressure on yourself. These big races can sometimes be the hardest for getting a pb, good luck though

By *hortarseWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk

"First run back on the roads in 3 months, felt good to be out but nearly killed me "

Just keep going you know you can do it. I would love to get out run

over a year ago

"Buy a pair of bone conductors. Well worth the money and almost all races allow them.

Personally it's not a rule I agree with but I do agree with respecting the rule of it is in place

Why would anyone want to go to a race and wear headphones anyway ?! "

Err I enjoy listening to music and 100 minutes is a really long time to kill with thoughts of what to cook for tea.

Post new Message to Thread