Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No luck on here

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have been on this site for just ove two and a half years and not one meet so i am thinking of leaving when my supporters sub runs out. Don't know why that i can't get a meet

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've been on here on & off for about 10 years & it's definately not as easy to get meets as it used to be. Age is a major factor,lots of people seem to have 50 or 55 as an upper age limit & others will only meet solo men in clubs,which doesn't appeal to me at all,not least the cost. I've decided not to renew my silver membership unless my luck changes,but ever the optomist will still be here.

over a year ago

If you take out the useless "disclaimer" - one of them is mentioning Facebook - this is Fab - then there's not much left of your profile.

over a year ago

"If you take out the useless "disclaimer" - one of them is mentioning Facebook - this is Fab - then there's not much left of your profile."

Agreed. I'd lose all the toy photos, too.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"I have been on this site for just ove two and a half years and not one meet so i am thinking of leaving when my supporters sub runs out. Don't know why that i can't get a meet "
. Unfortunately it does seem If you are a single guy that can’t accommodate and over 50 it is hard to get meets. I tend to go to socials and I am a member of a club which I find helps me.On your profile you mention naturism are there any spa’s nearby to you you could attend.

over a year ago

try fresh fields

over a year ago

I had all my luck in my 20,s think I'm just getting on a bit now I turn 40 this year

over a year ago

I have lot more success on other sites

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Well now you've put a post up about it I'm sure your luck will change

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I might leave when I’m 50. No woman will look at me at that random cut off age.

By *oloch69Man
over a year ago

Your place

Let’s break it down, as much as it’s nice to share your love for nudist camps why make that the focus ?

I’m sure you have many other aspects to you that may appeal to others ? What are you good at what can you offer ? You may stand out better than my profile if your a great cook a listening ear?

Your age isn’t holding you back, I have couples and females near me that will only meet men over 50.

Pictures are great but why not make them a little more appealing and less family holiday.

What’s your approach are you reading profiles ? Looking for couples that are looking for a guy like you ? Are you putting the effort in to find a meet or just waiting for that offer of a life time?

My top tips

•Read profiles TWICE

•Rule out those that are not looking for your type

Maybe even block them to stop temptation.

•find out what makes you unique from others

And try to refine that.

•if you get a knock back maybe ask for feedback

• re write your profile putting “I have Skype”

Is like putting “ my car has wheels”

This place only works if you put the work in

over a year ago

"I had all my luck in my 20,s think I'm just getting on a bit now I turn 40 this year"

I’m 45 and I’m doing all right so that’s an excuse

over a year ago

Aww

over a year ago

If you leave fab you could always open a nudist sex toy shop!!

Best of luck and if I were you I’d listen to some of the above good advice.

T

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

The mistake that you and many other single guys make OP is in thinking about it as "luck" - it really isn't at all. It's all within your hands to improve your experience of the site and set yourself up in the best possible way to improve your ability to find what you are looking for here.

With the right approach, attitude and expectations, coupled with a decent profile and pics, it's entirely possible to have a positive experience of the site - nothing is guaranteed of course but get those things right and you'll be on the right lines.

Someone will no doubt be along to say it's all about the number imbalance between male and female members - and it's true on the surface there is an imbalance - however if you take out the men who simply don't "get" it, don't have the right approach, attitude and expectations, the balance is a lot more even - so ask yourself do you want to be someone who "gets" it, or one of those who don't who can be taken out of the equation?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Gemini man is correct. Amusingly, one can change the letter L in Luck to an F and it makes sense too. “I’m not having any fuck”

Basically men outnumber women on here by a huge degree so you need to up your game with photos text interaction and meeting people at socials and clubs.

I met a lady at a social once and she didn’t fancy me and told me so I asked her to ask her friends and over the next few months I got a text now and then from a bored housewife for nsa sex on recommendation. So be sociable and open minded and a good attitude.

over a year ago

What other sites?

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I have been on this site for just ove two and a half years and not one meet so i am thinking of leaving when my supporters sub runs out. Don't know why that i can't get a meet "

Three words..

Expectations, profile, effort...

over a year ago

three words

dont ask don't get

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Tbh I enjoying the chats and some are better than others. And from chatting there are hopes of a social... and from there who knows. It’s certainly a slow game on here and happy with that. I’d rather meet someone who I believe I will have incredible experiences with than just meet someone because it’s been offered ....

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Another thing that many miss on here is normal rules of attraction - many expect that just by signing up they'll be instantly inundated with offers of sex - when reality is all the usual factors of attraction are still at play.

Look at it this way, when you're out and about going about life as normal, you probably look at around 5-10% of people and think they're attractive, and of those maybe 5-10% will think similarly of you - it's no different here - so the actual number of people you will be attracted to, and who will be attracted to you is relatively small.

So all you can do is be yourself, stop trying to be attractive to everyone and think they should be attracted to you and just enjoy the site for what it is and if you happen to find those where mutual attraction is there then all the better.

over a year ago

As a new member on here and new to the idea of being on a site as opposed to a dating app I am confused. ??

I'm quite restricted with what I can post because of work, have started adding an unfiltered/hidden face photo to messages and have messaged people whose criteria I fit.

My confusion comes from the simple fact that messages are just not being read. I do realise ladies may get dozens of messages each day but when you've contacted people whose profile you fit, they have no photos but demand a face pic it's hard to understand what to do to try and get the messages read at least!

I'll carry on being bemused for a while longer!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"As a new member on here and new to the idea of being on a site as opposed to a dating app I am confused. ??

I'm quite restricted with what I can post because of work, have started adding an unfiltered/hidden face photo to messages and have messaged people whose criteria I fit.

My confusion comes from the simple fact that messages are just not being read. I do realise ladies may get dozens of messages each day but when you've contacted people whose profile you fit, they have no photos but demand a face pic it's hard to understand what to do to try and get the messages read at least!

I'll carry on being bemused for a while longer!"

The thing is you may think you fit their profile and what they are looking for, but do they think the same of you? Many people will look at a profile before deciding whether to read a message, so if yours doesn't appeal or is a fairly generic one then that may be the reason.

So take a look at your profile and honestly look at whether it is appealing and makes you stand out or is it like 100s of other single guy profiles on here?

I'd also question why you would message a profile at all that doesn't have any pics - yes the profile text *may* appeal, but if you can't even get a sense of what someone looks like why just blindly message?

over a year ago

Are you allowed to mention other sites?

over a year ago

Yeah, totally understand what you're saying, new way of thinking and may be off the right path!

Cheers

over a year ago

"As a new member on here and new to the idea of being on a site as opposed to a dating app I am confused. ??

I'll carry on being bemused for a while longer!"

Most will read a profile before opening a message... Most of yours is utterly pointless, so, ya know

over a year ago

And he left ...

over a year ago

"And he left ... "

Who was it?

over a year ago

Twas a older chap moaning like us older chaps do!!

T

over a year ago

Im younger, still unsuccessful

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Some people will never learn

over a year ago

"Are you allowed to mention other sites?"

No

over a year ago

Appreciate the feed back on profile. Like I said, still on a learning curve!!

Cheers for the guidance

Post new Message to Thread