Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pandoras Box

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just read this post

https://www.sciencealert.com/physicists-filmed-the-moment-an-atom-undergoes-a-quantum-measurement/amp

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

And?

over a year ago

"And?"

So who else in the whole universe has done this, does it Benefit poverty,(I could do with splitting a few quid), how on a whole does this better humanity. Lifting that lid of that box, and then that box, make sure you put lids on probley.

Sorry the earths delicate know.

There's only one Instance where it's been beneficial nuclear power and where they is an angel a demon will appear (Nuclear weapons)

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Don't think it benefits anyone apart from those studying quantum physics. They've managed to take photos, nothing more yet.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Just read this post

https://www.sciencealert.com/physicists-filmed-the-moment-an-atom-undergoes-a-quantum-measurement/amp

"

Have not read this but the observation must be by proxy as direct measurement would affect the quantum state

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"And?

So who else in the whole universe has done this, does it Benefit poverty,(I could do with splitting a few quid), how on a whole does this better humanity. Lifting that lid of that box, and then that box, make sure you put lids on probley.

There's only one Instance where it's been beneficial nuclear power and where they is an angel a demon will appear (Nuclear weapons)

"

So should we not pursue knowledge just because there is no immediate benefit?

I prefer knowledge to angels and demons.

over a year ago

"And?

I prefer knowledge to angels and demons."

Not if it costs billions

over a year ago

"And?

Not if it costs billions "

Knowledge is priceless

over a year ago

"And?

Not if it costs billions "

So we stop pursuing knowledge?

The Apollo Moon missions cost a fortune at the time but the direct benfits since in pure economic terms have reimbursed the US economy roughly sixfold.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

That's part of the problem now with knowledge though...the financial side of it.

In a capitalist society everything is done to generate the most profit and not necessarily because it's beneficial.

over a year ago

"That's part of the problem now with knowledge though...the financial side of it.

In a capitalist society everything is done to generate the most profit and not necessarily because it's beneficial.

"

Agreed .... to a point. I highlighted the financial element as a direct response to earlier comments.

The actual benefits of knowledge for it's own sake go far beyond dollars or pounds

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

"That's part of the problem now with knowledge though...the financial side of it.

Agreed .... to a point. I highlighted the financial element as a direct response to earlier comments.

The actual benefits of knowledge for it's own sake go far beyond dollars or pounds "

Ethics make this a very messy topic but i agree that any/all knowledge is beneficial in some way.

Post new Message to Thread