Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vegans.... a question!

Jump to newest

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man
over a year ago

salisbury

When is an animal soo small that you no longer give a fuck what happens to it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

Ohhhhhh that’s a heavy question !!!!!

They Weill be replying with even trees are animal as they breath and live !!!!! You’ve started trouble now !!!

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

"When is an animal soo small that you no longer give a fuck what happens to it?"

Clem I think you dropped this..... hands Clem a huge fuckoff wooden spoon

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

Fucking hell Clem!!!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Ohhhhhh that’s a heavy question !!!!!

They Weill be replying with even trees are animal as they breath and live !!!!! You’ve started trouble now !!! "

the whole planet earth breaths and lives, seems not many give a fuck about it

By *uicy jonesMan
over a year ago

near a big hill in s/ shropshire NOT in

They Weill be replying with even trees are animal as they breath and live !!!!! You’ve started trouble now !!!

the whole planet earth breaths and lives, seems not many give a fuck about it "

Very true , was just setting trees as an example

over a year ago

salisbury

Soo....... any thoughts?

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

Well, ok...I really don’t mean to attract any nasty responses with attitude but I have always wondered about this ‘vegan’ principle myself....so, it’s ok to eat plants because they don’t have eyes and heads and they don’t make a noise etc so it’s not murder. But fish don’t make a noise either.....so why is it not ok to eat them? Just sayin.........

over a year ago

"Well, ok...I really don’t mean to attract any nasty responses with attitude but I have always wondered about this ‘vegan’ principle myself....so, it’s ok to eat plants because they don’t have eyes and heads and they don’t make a noise etc so it’s not murder. But fish don’t make a noise either.....so why is it not ok to eat them? Just sayin........."

is it proven plants do not have feelings, aches, pains

how do we really know, some may think but then some used to think the earth was flat

ohhh wait, some still believe the earth is flat

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Why do people keep vegan bashing?

Bullying and trying to humiliate people

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Soo....... any thoughts?"

Where DO YOU draw the line

All humans

Non white humans

Non intelligent humans

Non human primates

Non cute mammals

Mammals other humans accept

Why dont you kill cats dogs elephants koalas?

We all have a line

Put your spoon away start understanding and empathising and not stiring

over a year ago

"Why do people keep vegan bashing?

Bullying and trying to humiliate people"

who is vegan bashing??

I eat vegan food

I eat veggie food

I eat meat

would probably eat human too if it was legal

eat mostly anything digestible

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

They Weill be replying with even trees are animal as they breath and live !!!!! You’ve started trouble now !!! "

It's not heavy or clever its ignorant non empathic and incendiary typical of an out voter

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

who is vegan bashing??

I eat vegan food

I eat veggie food

I eat meat

eat mostly anything digestible "

Really

You would kill humans for food

over a year ago

salisbury

It's not heavy or clever its ignorant non empathic and incendiary typical of an out voter "

What's an "out voter"?

over a year ago

salisbury

Would a vegan use Frontline on their cat for instance?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

who is vegan bashing??

I eat vegan food

I eat veggie food

I eat meat

Really

You would kill humans for food "

On that note I'm reminded do not argue with trolls they drag you under their bridge and beat you with goat excrement and experience xxxx

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

It's not heavy or clever its ignorant non empathic and incendiary typical of an out voter

What's an "out voter"?"

Google it

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

who is vegan bashing??

I eat vegan food

I eat veggie food

I eat meat

eat mostly anything digestible "

I refuse to bash and humiliate anybody. This is a serious question on my part, which the gent above my own quote also asked. How do we know plants do not suffer when we chop them of rip them off the ground for food? They are living organisms after all....

over a year ago

salisbury

What's an "out voter"?

Google it"

And who are you labelling as such?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Would a vegan use Frontline on their cat for instance?"

Some would and some would not posses such vile creatures

Ate you trying to stereotype and generalise

Sounds very ignorant to me

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Parasites are not good for a pets health. So it's valuing your pet of the parasite? I dare say pet comes first.

But a Jain monk is the best person to ask they value ALL life.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Would a vegan use Frontline on their cat for instance?

Parasites are not good for a pets health. So it's valuing your pet of the parasite? I dare say pet comes first.

"

I'm now going to stop feeding the troll good job I'm not his limited stereotype of vegan

over a year ago

More to the point, would they feed it lettuce

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

More to the point, would they feed it lettuce"

Ignorance is outstanding

over a year ago

salisbury

Some would and some would not posses such vile creatures

Ate you trying to stereotype and generalise

Sounds very ignorant to me"

Says Mr "out voter"...

over a year ago

salisbury

"

Hmm, i wonder if they'd take an anti-viral..

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

It's a misconception that humans primary diet is meat.

Early gathering of humans were discovered to rarely eat meat and their main diet consisted of seeds, fruits, roots and insects. Meats was opportunistic delicacies. Excavation of early human sites have shown animal bone piles to be quite small and that evidence of foods found fossilized in teeth and prior stomach contents.

If early humans ate as much meat as they do today they would have piles of discarded bones that would fill the entirety of a modern day house.

The waste from carcasses today gets ground up or given to animals. But there's a hell of a lot of waste. Bone decomposition takes many years as we all know includes fossils

Thought I'd let you know most people were vegan and relied on based plant diets.

over a year ago

salisbury

"It's a misconception that humans primary diet is meat.

Early gathering of humans were discovered to rarely eat meat and their main diet consisted of seeds, fruits, roots and insects. Meats was opportunistic delicacies. Excavation of early human sites have shown animal bone piles to be quite small and that evidence of foods found fossilized in teeth and prior stomach contents.

If early humans ate as much meat as they do today they would have piles of discarded bones that would fill the entirety of a modern day house.

The waste from carcasses today gets ground up or given to animals. But there's a hell of a lot of waste. Bone decomposition takes many years as we all know includes fossils

Thought I'd let you know most people were vegan and relied on based plant diets."

Surely bones were used for tools etc?

over a year ago

Thought I'd let you know most people were vegan and relied on based plant diets."

Ah, so the cave paintings were just their fantasies

over a year ago

salisbury

Also i wouldn't confuse a plant based diet with a vegan diet. Chickens for example will live on corn, but they go crazy for worms! Protein is king.

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

What's that? A heavy assault weapon?

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Thought I'd let you know most people were vegan and relied on based plant diets.

Also i wouldn't confuse a plant based diet with a vegan diet. Chickens for example will live on corn, but they go crazy for worms! Protein is king. "

Did you miss the first part of that post and just zeroed in on vegan?

over a year ago

"Well, ok...I really don’t mean to attract any nasty responses with attitude but I have always wondered about this ‘vegan’ principle myself....so, it’s ok to eat plants because they don’t have eyes and heads and they don’t make a noise etc so it’s not murder. But fish don’t make a noise either.....so why is it not ok to eat them? Just sayin.........

is it proven plants do not have feelings, aches, pains

how do we really know, some may think but then some used to think the earth was flat

ohhh wait, some still believe the earth is flat "

You know that smell you get when you cut your lawn? That is grass screaming

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Ah, so the cave paintings were just their fantasies "

Just like modern day hunters like to share their kills, human nature to brag and boast. Which modern day times includes people posting pictures of every meal they have.

Most of India also don't eat meat. Meat curries done with chicken and beef well wouldn't find that there. Outer parts maybe bit of goat in it but generally speaking humans don't need to eat animals

over a year ago

salisbury

Also i wouldn't confuse a plant based diet with a vegan diet. Chickens for example will live on corn, but they go crazy for worms! Protein is king.

Did you miss the first part of that post and just zeroed in on vegan?"

Did you miss the bit about bones being used as tools. Im sure there were many uses.

over a year ago

"When is an animal soo small that you no longer give a fuck what happens to it?"

When it looks like my ex husband

over a year ago

I knowone has actually answered the ops question. Says alot really

over a year ago

salisbury

"I knowone has actually answered the ops question. Says alot really"

I mean i brake for deer, but not for rats. And that's not just because one would right the car off...

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

who is vegan bashing??

I eat vegan food

I eat veggie food

I eat meat

Really

You would kill humans for food

On that note I'm reminded do not argue with trolls they drag you under their bridge and beat you with goat excrement and experience xxxx

"

Walk away before the trip trapping starts

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Did you miss the bit about bones being used as tools. Im sure there were many uses. "

Do you think archeologists miss that of course not bone tools are included but guess where broken bone tools would end up? It's not like some modern male with a tool shed full of 100 different screw drivers and 20 different saws. They use and replace each tool for its specific use they didn't have 10 of the same tool per person. bone needles have been found, bone knives but you'll find most were made of rock more specifically slate as it was exceptionally sharp where as bones are not and they are incredibly weak.

Most bones were kept as accessories to garments and display of dominance.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"I knowone has actually answered the ops question. Says alot really"

Ask a Jain monk

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

As far as I am concerned about vegans, live and let live. I don’t have time for Piers Morgan style bollocks...The only vegan I would ever proudly troll publicly would be that dickhead who said that artificially impregnating a cow in a farm is one and the same like r*ping a woman. It was actually on This Morning. on ITV. Errrr, I don’t fucking think so. Quadruped animal......female human on two legs with emotions and logic being sexually attacked.....NOT QUITE the same....attention-grabbing militant nonsense like that do nothing to persuade me to adopt a plant-based diet (which I actually already adopt anyway).

over a year ago

salisbury

Did you miss the bit about bones being used as tools. Im sure there were many uses.

Do you think archeologists miss that of course not bone tools are included but guess where broken bone tools would end up? It's not like some modern male with a tool shed full of 100 different screw drivers and 20 different saws. They use and replace each tool for its specific use they didn't have 10 of the same tool per person. bone needles have been found, bone knives but you'll find most were made of rock more specifically slate as it was exceptionally sharp where as bones are not and they are incredibly weak.

Most bones were kept as accessories to garments and display of dominance. "

Was slate available everywhere? No. Would animal waste have been burnt? Yes. Are most tools that survived made or rock? Yes.... i wonder why....

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"As far as I am concerned about vegans, live and let live. I don’t have time for Piers Morgan style bollocks...The only vegan I would ever proudly troll publicly would be that dickhead who said that artificially impregnating a cow in a farm is one and the same like r*ping a woman. It was actually on This Morning. on ITV. Errrr, I don’t fucking think so. Quadruped animal......female human on two legs with emotions and logic being sexually attacked.....NOT QUITE the same....attention-grabbing militant nonsense like that do nothing to persuade me to adopt a plant-based diet (which I actually already adopt anyway)."

Cows have emotions, personalities and I'm quite sure it isn't pleasant having someone forcibly sticking their arm up their ass is nice. Ever seen a cow not want to breed with a bull. This is why farmers artificially inseminate because cows don't want to be impregnated all the time. But that doesn't suit the farmer. It's unnatural to keep going through pregnancies even wild animals dont

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Was slate available everywhere? No. Would animal waste have been burnt? Yes. Are most tools that survived made or rock? Yes.... i wonder why.... "

lol burnt early humans didn't have fire. It was later when the discovery of fire happened still early humans but 1000s of years without fire.

Early humans were communal much like today's primates and even primates use tools.

Other rocks were available besides slate and bone tools have been discovered but as I said it's disposal is generally the same.

By *_MariusMan
over a year ago

Currently Faraway

"As far as I am concerned about vegans, live and let live. I don’t have time for Piers Morgan style bollocks...The only vegan I would ever proudly troll publicly would be that dickhead who said that artificially impregnating a cow in a farm is one and the same like r*ping a woman. It was actually on This Morning. on ITV. Errrr, I don’t fucking think so. Quadruped animal......female human on two legs with emotions and logic being sexually attacked.....NOT QUITE the same....attention-grabbing militant nonsense like that do nothing to persuade me to adopt a plant-based diet (which I actually already adopt anyway).

Cows have emotions, personalities and I'm quite sure it isn't pleasant having someone forcibly sticking their arm up their ass is nice. Ever seen a cow not want to breed with a bull. This is why farmers artificially inseminate because cows don't want to be impregnated all the time. But that doesn't suit the farmer. It's unnatural to keep going through pregnancies even wild animals dont"

Each to their own; for me the value of life of a woman is incomparably superior to the life of a cow. X

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

I am learning so much on this thread but no one seems to be able to commit on how big an animal needs to be before you start giving a fuck about it’s welfare

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"As far as I am concerned about vegans, live and let live. I don’t have time for Piers Morgan style bollocks...The only vegan I would ever proudly troll publicly would be that dickhead who said that artificially impregnating a cow in a farm is one and the same like r*ping a woman. It was actually on This Morning. on ITV. Errrr, I don’t fucking think so. Quadruped animal......female human on two legs with emotions and logic being sexually attacked.....NOT QUITE the same....attention-grabbing militant nonsense like that do nothing to persuade me to adopt a plant-based diet (which I actually already adopt anyway).

Cows have emotions, personalities and I'm quite sure it isn't pleasant having someone forcibly sticking their arm up their ass is nice. Ever seen a cow not want to breed with a bull. This is why farmers artificially inseminate because cows don't want to be impregnated all the time. But that doesn't suit the farmer. It's unnatural to keep going through pregnancies even wild animals dont

Each to their own; for me the value of life of a woman is incomparably superior to the life of a cow. X"

and in other cultures the cow is sacred and is valued more than a human

Some practices aren't necessary unless wealth and greed come into it. More cows more meat increased production so much it's inhumane.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"I am learning so much on this thread but no one seems to be able to commit on how big an animal needs to be before you start giving a fuck about it’s welfare"

It isn't so much as considering its welfare but the suffering thats caused.

So if you had a rat and you tortured it you would be done for abuse of an animal because you caused it unnecessary suffering. Same with fish.

So legally speaking it would be most insects. Wild specifically because you can't be arrested for pulling legs of house spiders. But if you destroy an apiary you can be done for damage to the bee colony. So where does the morals lie and the law?

Happy?

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

By that logic cows bred for meat only have one bad day. They’re well fed, given room to roam and then one day they’re lead off to the slaughterhouse. Compared to the life of an egg laying hen, it’s paradise. Compared to some children in the care system their lives are paradise. So the question remains, How big does an animal have to be before you give a fuck about it’s welfare? I’m interested as most “vegan” vegetables and pulses are farmed and in such an aggressive manor that literally 100s of animals die before its reached the supermarket

over a year ago

salisbury

Was slate available everywhere? No. Would animal waste have been burnt? Yes. Are most tools that survived made or rock? Yes.... i wonder why.... lol burnt early humans didn't have fire. It was later when the discovery of fire happened still early humans but 1000s of years without fire.

Early humans were communal much like today's primates and even primates use tools.

Other rocks were available besides slate and bone tools have been discovered but as I said it's disposal is generally the same."

Sounds to me like your mind has become closed to reasoning.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Was slate available everywhere? No. Would animal waste have been burnt? Yes. Are most tools that survived made or rock? Yes.... i wonder why.... lol burnt early humans didn't have fire. It was later when the discovery of fire happened still early humans but 1000s of years without fire.

Other rocks were available besides slate and bone tools have been discovered but as I said it's disposal is generally the same.

Sounds to me like your mind has become closed to reasoning. "

I can't see how you think that. I'm just going by evolution and how humans modernised of the millennias. Primates eat meat but it's usually that of other primates battles between troops. Occasionally other animals yet considering their dental structure you'd say their diet would mainly be meat. Dental structure has been argued by many that humans main diet was meat.

Proof being the hippo, canines and sharp molars doesn't make you a meat eater

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

I can't see how you think that. I'm just going by evolution and how humans modernised of the millennias. Primates eat meat but it's usually that of other primates battles between troops. Occasionally other animals yet considering their dental structure you'd say their diet would mainly be meat. Dental structure has been argued by many that humans main diet was meat.

Proof being the hippo, canines and sharp molars doesn't make you a meat eater "

Hippos are omnivorous

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Hippos are omnivorous "

Theyre herbivores main diet is grass

over a year ago

Oh don't cristise veganism,you'll have an army of them hunting you down haha

over a year ago

Proof being the hippo, canines and sharp molars doesn't make you a meat eater "

No, but having ancesters that have eaten meat for 100s of thousands of years does. I eat a balanced diet of meat, fish, fruit, vegs, nuts etc. Not each one every day, just what I feel like or my body says I need.

Our ancesters would have esten in a similar way, but based on what was available.

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

Hippos are omnivorous

Theyre herbivores main diet is grass"

Hippos eat meat. They are omnivores

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

No, but having ancesters that have eaten meat for 100s of thousands of years does. I eat a balanced diet of meat, fish, fruit, vegs, nuts etc. Not each one every day, just what I feel like or my body says I need.

Our ancesters would have esten in a similar way, but based on what was available."

I haven't said they didn't eat meat, I said it wasn't their main diet. Bit like the part time vegetarians who eat meat once a month or so and the like. Do you think they would say they were more vegetarian?

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Hippos are omnivorous

Hippos eat meat. They are omnivores"

I don't suppose you read much since school, but I learnt about hippo diet while in school. Their main diet is grass occasionally will eat fruit, and occasionally aquatic plants. In captivity they eat the vegetables given to them. They don't eat fish and they don't eat other animals. They will kill them but they won't eat them.

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

Hippos are omnivorous

I don't suppose you read much since school, but I learnt about hippo diet while in school. Their main diet is grass occasionally will eat fruit, and occasionally aquatic plants. In captivity they eat the vegetables given to them. They don't eat fish and they don't eat other animals. They will kill them but they won't eat them."

Quick google search of “do hippos eat meat” proves you wrong. Hope this helps. Learn to receive more than you transmit. You’ll be much happier and therefore be less likely to make yourself look like a wally on the internet. Good night

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Hippos are omnivorous

I don't suppose you read much since school, but I learnt about hippo diet while in school. Their main diet is grass occasionally will eat fruit, and occasionally aquatic plants. In captivity they eat the vegetables given to them. They don't eat fish and they don't eat other animals. They will kill them but they won't eat them.

Quick google search of “do hippos eat meat” proves you wrong. Hope this helps. Learn to receive more than you transmit. You’ll be much happier and therefore be less likely to make yourself look like a wally on the internet. Good night "

Googled copied and pasted

Note aberrant behaviour. Do I need to Google that for you too.

On occasion, hippos have been filmed eating carrion, usually near the water. There are other reports of meat-eating, and even cannibalism and predation. The stomach anatomy of a hippo is not suited to carnivory, and meat-eating is likely caused by aberrant behaviour or nutritional stress.

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

“They will kill them but won’t eat them”

Thanks for coming

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"“They will kill them but won’t eat them”

Thanks for coming "

It's the deadliest land mammal that happens to be a herbivore. Herbivores aren't all gentle beasts they aren't like rabbits but if a rabbit was big enough would probably kill a few people too.

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

Thanks for coming

It's the deadliest land mammal that happens to be a herbivore. Herbivores aren't all gentle beasts they aren't like rabbits but if a rabbit was big enough would probably kill a few people too. "

Such an odd way of saying “You’re right DG, I got it wrong”

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Hippos are omnivorous

Quick google search of “do hippos eat meat” proves you wrong. Hope this helps. Learn to receive more than you transmit. You’ll be much happier and therefore be less likely to make yourself look like a wally on the internet. Good night "

Not my search

Wiki for you

Hippos leave the water at dusk and travel inland, sometimes up to 15 km (9 mi),[28] to graze on short grasses, their main source of food. They spend four to five hours grazing and can consume 68 kg (150 lb) of grass each night.[70]

Like most herbivores, hippos consume other plants if presented with them, but their diet in nature consists almost entirely of grass, with only minimal consumption of aquatic plants.[71] Hippos are born with sterile intestines, and require bacteria obtained from their mothers' feces to digest vegetation.[72] On occasion, hippos have been filmed eating carrion, usually near the water. There are other reports of meat-eating, and even cannibalism and predation.[73] The stomach anatomy of a hippo is not suited to carnivory, and meat-eating is likely caused by aberrant behaviour or nutritional stress.[8]:84

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

When is a herbivore not a herbivore? For those at the back not paying attention, WHEN ITS PROVED THAT IT EATS MEAT AS WELL AS VEGETATION

By *urtyGentMan
over a year ago

eastleigh

[Removed by poster at 29/02/20 21:43:52]

over a year ago

Thanks for coming

It's the deadliest land mammal that happens to be a herbivore. Herbivores aren't all gentle beasts they aren't like rabbits but if a rabbit was big enough would probably kill a few people too.

Such an odd way of saying “You’re right DG, I got it wrong”"

Learn something new every day. A quick google search and there are several stories on this. Not that commonly understood at present but our knowledge of hippos may not be as great as we think it is.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Cows have emotions, personalities and I'm quite sure it isn't pleasant having someone forcibly sticking their arm up their ass is nice. Ever seen a cow not want to breed with a bull. This is why farmers artificially inseminate because cows don't want to be impregnated all the time. But that doesn't suit the farmer. It's unnatural to keep going through pregnancies even wild animals dont"

What a load of bollocks! A cow has to be bulling before you AI it. ..

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Thanks for coming

Such an odd way of saying “You’re right DG, I got it wrong”"

over a year ago

What a load of bollocks! A cow has to be bulling before you AI it. .."

Don't you mean a load of bullocks

over a year ago

What a load of bollocks! A cow has to be bulling before you AI it. .."

Don't you mean a load of bullocks

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Well, ok...I really don’t mean to attract any nasty responses with attitude but I have always wondered about this ‘vegan’ principle myself....so, it’s ok to eat plants because they don’t have eyes and heads and they don’t make a noise etc so it’s not murder. But fish don’t make a noise either.....so why is it not ok to eat them? Just sayin........."

Why dont you eat cat or dog

Thing the ignorant need to understand just like those who choose to eat some animals those who dont choose to eat those animals have a wide ranging number of reasons why

What is it with some who think they know all about a person's diet morality and boundaries from one small label

I eat an omnivorous diet

Beyond that and what I MAY tell someone you have no idea about my food consumption motives

Same goes with vegetarians and vegans

We have an outline of their intentions however there most certainly is not a rule book that anyone must or should follow beyond their personal level of reasoning and conscious

The haters seem to look for and glory in potential hypocrisy seriously I'd suggest every one of us looks introspectively first as if anyone thinks they do not practice hypocrisy they are most likely very much mistaken

As for some of you haters

How many slugs do you eat a week ? Rats moles

I recomend a slug bat and cat mixed grill ?

Why do most meat eaters NOT eat these lovely meat products

Because you dont feel you want to and that's a reasonable position to hold you hypocrites

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

I've never told anyone they shouldn't eat meat. I argue that meat should at least be humanely produced. Same as eggs and milk production.

I never buy battery farmed eggs and I try to make sure any egg containing product is free range.

I rarely consume milk products besides cheese.

I give people information that it's not necessary to eat meat everyday let alone 3 times a day, 2 days a week and a fish day is ample.

Vegetarianism or veganism aren't perfect diets. It's about balance too much cake is bad but hey no animal product then it's still vegan.

If people respected the life they consume and appreciated it's a life and making sure it was humanely brought to your table who can argue what you eat.

People see packs of meat in the freezers and they don't even know the life it was it's faceless. If people had to slaughter the animal themselves and butcher it themselves not many would actually keep killing them to eat it. Just because it's brought to you in packaging don't forget what it goes through to get there. Source local vetted farms for your meat source and local slaughterhouses, know it's lived happy healthy life before it is humanely slaughtered. Mass slaughterhouses aren't humane nor is the travelling animals endure to get there.

In coming years the sustainability of meat trade will plummet and focus will be on another protein source. If you can stomach the idea of cricket burgers you'll do ok. It has a smaller carbon footprint and can be bred on a mass scale in a small area. Price of meat will hike and government subsidised funding will disappear so for a small steak could potentially cost £100. Meat will be scarce because of affordability. As will any current animal product in this country.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

I think it’s a safe question as I have met a vegan yet who has an opinion on it and likes to talk about being a vegan

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I've never told anyone they shouldn't eat meat. I argue that meat should at least be humanely produced. Same as eggs and milk production.

I never buy battery farmed eggs and I try to make sure any egg containing product is free range.

I give people information that it's not necessary to eat meat everyday let alone 3 times a day, 2 days a week and a fish day is ample.

Vegetarianism or veganism aren't perfect diets. It's about balance too much cake is bad but hey no animal product then it's still vegan.

If people respected the life they consume and appreciated it's a life and making sure it was humanely brought to your table who can argue what you eat.

People see packs of meat in the freezers and they don't even know the life it was it's faceless. If people had to slaughter the animal themselves and butcher it themselves not many would actually keep killing them to eat it. Just because it's brought to you in packaging don't forget what it goes through to get there. Source local vetted farms for your meat source and local slaughterhouses, know it's lived happy healthy life before it is humanely slaughtered. Mass slaughterhouses aren't humane nor is the travelling animals endure to get there.

In coming years the sustainability of meat trade will plummet and focus will be on another protein source. If you can stomach the idea of cricket burgers you'll do ok. It has a smaller carbon footprint and can be bred on a mass scale in a small area. Price of meat will hike and government subsidised funding will disappear so for a small steak could potentially cost £100. Meat will be scarce because of affordability. As will any current animal product in this country.

"

Sounds very reasonable balanced and articulate to me

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I think it’s a safe question as I have met a vegan yet who has an opinion on it and likes to talk about being a vegan "

Ever noticed how you have rarely met a non vegan who as you say

who has an opinion on it and likes to talk about being a non vegan AND talk about what they think of vegans

over a year ago

salisbury

"Oh don't cristise veganism,you'll have an army of them hunting you down haha"

It's not a criticism. I often eat a vegan diet myself. But im not "all the way vegan". For those who follow it as a religion or philosophy, it's an easy question to answer, "How small, before you stop caring?"

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I think it’s a safe question as I have met a vegan yet who has an opinion on it and likes to talk about being a vegan "

What did you have with your rat and dog stew last night ?

Mole eyes perhaps ?

over a year ago

salisbury

"I think it’s a safe question as I have met a vegan yet who has an opinion on it and likes to talk about being a vegan

Mole eyes perhaps ?"

Lol very apt! I killed a mole only yesterday! Little bugger! I think the dog had it in the end so it wasn't wasted.

over a year ago

salisbury

"I've never told anyone they shouldn't eat meat. I argue that meat should at least be humanely produced. Same as eggs and milk production.

Sounds very reasonable balanced and articulate to me "

Yes it's all about pricing luxury items away from the masses.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"I think it’s a safe question as I have met a vegan yet who has an opinion on it and likes to talk about being a vegan

Mole eyes perhaps ?"

I’m not sure where you shop but I had a pepperoni pizza.

over a year ago

Sounds very reasonable balanced and articulate to me "

I agree but then again I have been both vegetarian and vegan. Now I’ll have organic meat perhaps once a week. I enjoy it more and it tastes good. There’s definitely something not right when Kilo for kilo meat is cheaper in some shops than vegetables.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"Oh don't cristise veganism,you'll have an army of them hunting you down haha

It's not a criticism. I often eat a vegan diet myself. But im not "all the way vegan". For those who follow it as a religion or philosophy, it's an easy question to answer, "How small, before you stop caring?" "

I answered it last night

"I am learning so much on this thread but no one seems to be able to commit on how big an animal needs to be before you start giving a fuck about it’s welfare

So if you had a rat and you tortured it you would be done for abuse of an animal because you caused it unnecessary suffering. Same with fish.

So legally speaking it would be most insects. Wild specifically because you can't be arrested for pulling legs of house spiders. But if you destroy an apiary you can be done for damage to the bee colony. So where does the morals lie and the law?

Happy?"

To a vegan who respects all life insects included you'll find they are a Jain monk. Vegans won't consume animal products but not all care about the welfare of an ant. Since insects out number humans in their masses by million times more in the least dare say they aren't seen as valuable besides bees and other pollinators. People do go into habitat conservation. Wild life zones promoting beneficial life from insects to birds. So cannot say people don't value the smallest of creatures. Without them the ecosystem will fall.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Mole eyes perhaps ?

I’m not sure where you shop but I had a pepperoni pizza. "

It was in reference to the OP how do you decide what meat you're not going to eat

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Clem ....... we need a definition of vegan.

I'd call me a 99.9% plant based food eater.

I'd eat road kill. I'd eat healthy died a natural death things.

I give a fuck about microbes okay?

When coronavirus comes my way i'm opening a vein to let it in.

One of the statements above is a lie.

I would not harm a living thing just for the whim of a taste.

I detest farming.

I use sanitiser.... oops ....

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Mole eyes perhaps ?

It was in reference to the OP how do you decide what meat you're not going to eat "

over a year ago

salisbury

Mole eyes perhaps ?

It was in reference to the OP how do you decide what meat you're not going to eat "

The op didn't mention consumption of meat if you'd bothered to read it..

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"When is an animal soo small that you no longer give a fuck what happens to it?

I detest farming.

"

I'd agree with your definition point however

You have defined you

I think every vegan would define themselves rightly or not, differently

I'd suggest that's where non vegan conflicts confusions occur they try to project one vegan they know or an internet representation of vegan as THE version all should or do adhere to

over a year ago

salisbury

I detest farming.

You have defined you

I'd suggest that's where non vegan conflicts confusions occur they try to project one vegan they know or an internet representation of vegan as THE version all should or do adhere to

"

Hence the question...

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Mole eyes perhaps ?

It was in reference to the OP how do you decide what meat you're not going to eat

The op didn't mention consumption of meat if you'd bothered to read it.. "

Mention absolutely not

Imply with the concept of "what happens to it " absolutely

My point stands and I could equally refer many non vegans the same question how do you decide a dog or cat should not be Mal treated

By *ee04Man
over a year ago

Thurrock

I like vegans don’t think I could eat a whole one though

over a year ago

Is it not possible for someone to try and live the lifestyle they choose as long as it's legal and decent without being criticised for it or have it dissected to find fault?

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I detest farming.

You have defined you

Hence the question..."

But why only to vegans ?

The question crosses the omnivorous spectrum

over a year ago

Why can't everyone just eat what they want in peace? Without preaching from both sides. It's not hard to mind your business

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"As far as I am concerned about vegans, live and let live. I don’t have time for Piers Morgan style bollocks...The only vegan I would ever proudly troll publicly would be that dickhead who said that artificially impregnating a cow in a farm is one and the same like r*ping a woman. It was actually on This Morning. on ITV. Errrr, I don’t fucking think so. Quadruped animal......female human on two legs with emotions and logic being sexually attacked.....NOT QUITE the same....attention-grabbing militant nonsense like that do nothing to persuade me to adopt a plant-based diet (which I actually already adopt anyway)."

Do cows not have emotions ? Do they not like to forage and make companions and look after their young ? Are they meant to live in a box too small to turn around in and to stand for ever where they shit and piss and to be artificially inseminated to be constantly pregnant so they can give milk and to eat artificial food that fattens them and is cheap and to have some blokes arm stuck up their cunt every year so they can stay 24/7 pregnant ?

All cows are a part of a machine. Be blind if you want.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

And be separated from the calves and slaughtered when they are done ?

By *rjimMan
over a year ago

nr bristol

No need to bash Vegans...

they will die of their own accord soon anyway.

In the meantime they can carry on eating their special 'food' made in laboratories.

over a year ago

salisbury

I detest farming.

You have defined you

Hence the question...

But why only to vegans ?

"

Id expect most people to use an anti-flea drug on a pet, or use anti bacterial/viral products. So yes it is a valid question. Most people are only concerned with things that are "furry". Im only interested in when a vegan might draw the line. You're more than welcome to start your own thread with your question.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Why can't everyone just eat what they want in peace? Without preaching from both sides. It's not hard to mind your business "

Because a generalised view of vegans is they (all?) Dont want to be responsible for harming any creature with a nervous system

Thus some like to play playground and point out imaginary hypocrisy when a person trying to be or claims to be vegan breaks or contradicts an imaginary percieved "golden rule"

By harming something considered moving , animal or experience pain

Sperm,bacteria, insects

It's very yawn

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Oh don't cristise veganism,you'll have an army of them hunting you down haha

It's not a criticism. I often eat a vegan diet myself. But im not "all the way vegan". For those who follow it as a religion or philosophy, it's an easy question to answer, "How small, before you stop caring?"

I answered it last night

I am learning so much on this thread but no one seems to be able to commit on how big an animal needs to be before you start giving a fuck about it’s welfare

Happy?

To a vegan who respects all life insects included you'll find they are a Jain monk. Vegans won't consume animal products but not all care about the welfare of an ant. Since insects out number humans in their masses by million times more in the least dare say they aren't seen as valuable besides bees and other pollinators. People do go into habitat conservation. Wild life zones promoting beneficial life from insects to birds. So cannot say people don't value the smallest of creatures. Without them the ecosystem will fall.

"

Vegans I know WILL eat meat. Non meat eaters wont eat meat.

A non meat eater is not necessarily a vegan.

over a year ago

salisbury

Do cows not have emotions ? Do they not like to forage and make companions and look after their young ? Are they meant to live in a box too small to turn around in and to stand for ever where they shit and piss and to be artificially inseminated to be constantly pregnant so they can give milk and to eat artificial food that fattens them and is cheap and to have some blokes arm stuck up their cunt every year so they can stay 24/7 pregnant ?

All cows are a part of a machine. Be blind if you want. "

Quite so. Imagine trying to get funding to prove cattle are sentient or communicate through conversation. Never gonna happen.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"No need to bash Vegans...

In the meantime they can carry on eating their special 'food' made in laboratories.

"

Oh now DrJim ......... I don't eat the meat substitutes...... I used to but I no longer see the point. They are not too healthy to be fair.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I detest farming.

You have defined you

Hence the question...

But why only to vegans ?

Id expect most people to use an anti-flea drug on a pet, or use anti bacterial/viral products. So yes it is a valid question. Most people are only concerned with things that are "furry". Im only interested in when a vegan might draw the line. You're more than welcome to start your own thread with your question. "

No I'm quite happy illusting the malevolence of this one thanks

And I'd suggest your fury perspective is vastly more prevalent within the non vegan community

What they decide to eat , hunt , torture and abuse vs what they like to stroke and go ahhh at is equally bizarre

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

salisbury

I detest farming.

You have defined you

Hence the question...

But why only to vegans ?

Id expect most people to use an anti-flea drug on a pet, or use anti bacterial/viral products. So yes it is a valid question. Most people are only concerned with things that are "furry". Im only interested in when a vegan might draw the line. You're more than welcome to start your own thread with your question.

And I'd suggest your fury perspective is vastly more prevalent within the non vegan community

What they decide to eat , hunt , torture and abuse vs what they like to stroke and go ahhh at is equally bizarre "

... anyone?

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

Anyway, I’m off to KFC to help my hangover... anyone want anything ?

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

I detest farming.

You have defined you

Hence the question...

But why only to vegans ?

What they decide to eat , hunt , torture and abuse vs what they like to stroke and go ahhh at is equally bizarre

... anyone?"

I answered your question scroll up

over a year ago

salisbury

"

I find sometimes quorn is nice, such as the "chicken burgers", but in other products it's horrid! Such as the mince. Vile.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

I find sometimes quorn is nice, such as the "chicken burgers", but in other products it's horrid! Such as the mince. Vile. "

It's all in how you cook with it. Cooking quorn mince in a vegetable stock first before any other preparations stops it being the texture and taste of cardboard

over a year ago

salisbury

I find sometimes quorn is nice, such as the "chicken burgers", but in other products it's horrid! Such as the mince. Vile.

It's all in how you cook with it. Cooking quorn mince in a vegetable stock first before any other preparations stops it being the texture and taste of cardboard "

Maybe I'll give it another chance, cheers.

By *rscotsdudeMan
over a year ago

angus

Im a farmer and utter shit like this does nobody any favours.

I have beef cows and have bulls to do the job naturally and never use AI as its not cheap and has absolutely nothing to do with the cows not wanting impregnated!!!!

Most beef farmers that do use AI is only on a select few animmals to get access to better breed lines in the hope of producing the next show winning bull.

Your are right, cows do have emotion. Some when in heat will seek out the bull,others are not bothered, and others run away but bull will have its way and its all natural. No animal on farms or nature go for a social first before they get down to it!! If they were roaming free in the wild this is what would happen just like it happens on any beef farm.

I sure it isnt pleasant for a cow having AI but also sure its not that pleasant having over a ton of bull mount the cow and have its wicked way either but thats the natural way!

I really think you should research more before you spout on open forums. Plenty farmers have open days and are more than willing to show people round what they do and explain what they do, why they do it and show the very high standards our animals have

By *rscotsdudeMan
over a year ago

angus

All cows are a part of a machine. Be blind if you want. "

If farmers kept a cow in a box they couldnt move in they would be locked up for a very long time.

And what artificial food do farmers feed cows if i may ask??

Cows cannot be constantly pregnant, just like a human cant be constantly pregnant!!!

over a year ago

salisbury

All cows are a part of a machine. Be blind if you want.

If farmers kept a cow in a box they couldnt move in they would be locked up for a very long time.

And what artificial food do farmers feed cows if i may ask??

Cows cannot be constantly pregnant, just like a human cant be constantly pregnant!!!"

Never let the truth get in the way of good propaganda.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"

Cows cannot be constantly pregnant, just like a human cant be constantly pregnant!!!"

You're being pedantic. Obviously they're not literally constantly pregnant, but they need to be pregnant to produce milk, so dairy cows have to have a calf every year.

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

It must be sad being the kind of person who's so threatened by the way other people live their lives that they have to constantly belittle them for a simple personal choice.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

I have beef cows and have bulls to do the job naturally and never use AI as its not cheap and has absolutely nothing to do with the cows not wanting impregnated!!!!

Most beef farmers that do use AI is only on a select few animmals to get access to better breed lines in the hope of producing the next show winning bull.

Your are right, cows do have emotion. Some when in heat will seek out the bull,others are not bothered, and others run away but bull will have its way and its all natural. No animal on farms or nature go for a social first before they get down to it!! If they were roaming free in the wild this is what would happen just like it happens on any beef farm.

I sure it isnt pleasant for a cow having AI but also sure its not that pleasant having over a ton of bull mount the cow and have its wicked way either but thats the natural way!

I really think you should research more before you spout on open forums. Plenty farmers have open days and are more than willing to show people round what they do and explain what they do, why they do it and show the very high standards our animals have"

You don't know where I grew up. What I grew up surrounded by. Not all farms are ethical.

If you allow nature takes its course as it would have done cows wouldn't breed every year.

But this can't be backed up with science since the original wild breed is extinct all the line breeding took precedent. Other bovine wild species don't breed annually.

If your cattle don't breed you don't make money, simple as.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Fuck sake

By *rscotsdudeMan
over a year ago

angus

I really think you should research more before you spout on open forums. Plenty farmers have open days and are more than willing to show people round what they do and explain what they do, why they do it and show the very high standards our animals have

You don't know where I grew up. What I grew up surrounded by. Not all farms are ethical.

If you allow nature takes its course as it would have done cows wouldn't breed every year.

But this can't be backed up with science since the original wild breed is extinct all the line breeding took precedent. Other bovine wild species don't breed annually.

"

Your right, i dont know where you grew up and never mentioned that.

You say all farms are not ethical but certainly all the ones i know are but that dosnt give you the right to generalize and imply every farm with cattle is un ethical does it ??

I have never questioned anyones right to be vegan or criticised then, everyone has free choice.

Im merely trying to srot people spouting stuff that simply isnt true.

If nature took its course cattle would breed every year, apart from the females that cant conceive. Whether they are too young, too old or suffering from illness

That closest information i can give you is there is a herd of cattle that were abandoned on an island off orkney. I think they have been living wild for 30yrs plus. They breed themselfs, self regulate and live quite happily but unfortunately this also means its survival of the fittest so any weak , or cows calving too close to winter will usually not make it. Also bull calfs struggle as there will always be one dominant bull so the ones shunned from the herd will struggle. Thats what i can remember but Google will be your friend

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Fuck sake "

Did you mean fuck sick

Sexual food fetish thread is next door,regurgitated inclusive

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

You say all farms are not ethical but certainly all the ones i know are but that dosnt give you the right to generalize and imply every farm with cattle is un ethical does it ??

I have never questioned anyones right to be vegan or criticised then, everyone has free choice.

If nature took its course cattle would breed every year, apart from the females that cant conceive. Whether they are too young, too old or suffering from illness

That closest information i can give you is there is a herd of cattle that were abandoned on an island off orkney. I think they have been living wild for 30yrs plus. They breed themselfs, self regulate and live quite happily but unfortunately this also means its survival of the fittest so any weak , or cows calving too close to winter will usually not make it. Also bull calfs struggle as there will always be one dominant bull so the ones shunned from the herd will struggle. Thats what i can remember but Google will be your friend"

Male offspring leave the general heard to join the male herd. If they all bred annually it would be overpopulated and a cows average life span is 20 years.

over a year ago

Each to their own

If thats what you believe be a vegan

If not eat what you like.

I don’t care about people being vegan what I do care about is when people try to push their beliefs on other people ( vegan or not).

What someone else decides to eat does not affect or upset me.

What does is being told I’m a vile human being by vegans that behave elitist for being vegan.( and I’m not including all vegans in this I’m sure some have the same veiw point as me )

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

That closest information i can give you is there is a herd of cattle that were abandoned on an island off orkney. I think they have been living wild for 30yrs plus. They breed themselfs, self regulate and live quite happily but unfortunately this also means its survival of the fittest so any weak , or cows calving too close to winter will usually not make it. Also bull calfs struggle as there will always be one dominant bull so the ones shunned from the herd will struggle. Thats what i can remember but Google will be your friend

Male offspring leave the general heard to join the male herd. If they all bred annually it would be overpopulated and a cows average life span is 20 years. "

Also the dominant bull once it accepts the calf male or female others in the herd leave it alone.

It's normal for older bulls to compete for dominance also. But the dominant bull doesn't do all the breeding. But it controls the herd just like a matriarch of an elephant herd.

Education is fun

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

So just a final call for my KFC run?

By *rscotsdudeMan
over a year ago

angus

"

Cows cannot be constantly pregnant, just like a human cant be constantly pregnant!!!

You're being pedantic. Obviously they're not literally constantly pregnant, but they need to be pregnant to produce milk, so dairy cows have to have a calf every year. "

So you think picking on me being pedantic is more benificial than correcting the original poster for saying cows are constantly pregnant?

You do know plenty people will read that cows are constantly pregnant and believe that? I think it was only fair to correct that misleading post

I am trying my best to only correct facts and have no intention of anything personal

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

"So just a final call for my KFC run? "

On my way

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Soo....... any thoughts?"

Nope, just another of your controversial threads stirring things up again. That's my thought on it.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"Fuck sake

Did you mean fuck sick

Sexual food fetish thread is next door,regurgitated inclusive "

No. I meant fuck sake.

Thanks for the input though

By *rscotsdudeMan
over a year ago

angus

Male offspring leave the general heard to join the male herd. If they all bred annually it would be overpopulated and a cows average life span is 20 years. "

All very true but thats based on them having the right to roam and having adequate forage.

The island i mentioned is only a certain size and can only sustain a certain number so your right about over population, hence the weaker die. Unfortunately the bulls not in the main herd have not worked out how to book a ferry and get off the island....

By *rscotsdudeMan
over a year ago

angus

And i didnt think i would say this but you win as i generally cant be fucked with this anymore. It seems farmers are the root of all evil and some people will not see it any other way.

People can be vegan, vegetarian....whomever they want to be as everyone has choice

over a year ago

"So just a final call for my KFC run? "

Sorry, just finished my sausages and mash

over a year ago

"And i didnt think i would say this but you win as i generally cant be fucked with this anymore. It seems farmers are the root of all evil and some people will not see it any other way.

People can be vegan, vegetarian....whomever they want to be as everyone has choice

"

I think farmers do a great job snd I'd be surprised if there were many countries with higher animal welfare standards, that are abided by, around the globe.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"And i didnt think i would say this but you win as i generally cant be fucked with this anymore. It seems farmers are the root of all evil and some people will not see it any other way.

"

I haven't said anything to state all farmers are the root of all evil.

But given facts of wild nature of them entirely different to domesticated treatment.

To reply to your previous statement that cows aren't always pregnant. You think 2.5 to 3 months is enough time to recover from the impregnation through to the birth, and milk production before doing it all over again? It's illegal to even breed dogs or cats in that way. If it were healthy prize breeding cattle would live their life span.

over a year ago

That's a great question Clem. The upshot is is that there can never be any such thing as true veganism. Even if we were to go back to extensive crop production it would still entail the loss of habitat and death of smaller animals not to mention the exploitation of earthworms and soil microbes etc.

As you say, the question is where do you draw the line?

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

That's a great question Clem. The upshot is is that there can never be any such thing as true veganism. Even if we were to go back to extensive crop production it would still entail the loss of habitat and death of smaller animals not to mention the exploitation of earthworms and soil microbes etc.

As you say, the question is where do you draw the line?"

Quite - if you want to eat anything, other animals have to die, from the rodents poisoned around grain stores so the farmer achieves his cross-compliance and can sell that grain into the food chain to those who die in the combine or during tillage and not least the billions of invertebrates you need to kill to have a successful crop....

over a year ago

salisbury

"Soo....... any thoughts?

Nope, just another of your controversial threads stirring things up again. That's my thought on it. "

If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em.

over a year ago

As you say, the question is where do you draw the line?

Quite - if you want to eat anything, other animals have to die, from the rodents poisoned around grain stores so the farmer achieves his cross-compliance and can sell that grain into the food chain to those who die in the combine or during tillage and not least the billions of invertebrates you need to kill to have a successful crop...."

Also, many vegans choose to avoid honey as it's production involves the exploitation of honey bees, fair enough, but should they not also avoid eating fruit as the pollination of the vast majority of our fruit crops are part of this process? Entire hives are even moved to facillitate this.

Furthermore, figs are pollinated by tiny wasps that lay their eggs in the embryonic fruit and then die. The fruit swells to encorporate the carcass, fair enough it's absorbed by the developing fruit but it's there nonetheless.

The argument of naturality could, of course, be used in these instances but if so why not with respect to meat that's caught or shot in the wild eg. deer, rabbits, fish. Surely these are also natural processes and don't involve exploitation. As to whether they can be seen as being cruel is very subjective.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Soo....... any thoughts?

Nope, just another of your controversial threads stirring things up again. That's my thought on it.

If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em. "

over a year ago

interesting thread, good to see some proper debate amongst the rest of it.

A little stat for you to ponder;

On average, vegans live seven years longer than those who eat meat.

...seven long, bacon free, miserable years!

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

Locally or migration sourced food.

Alot of vegan food now has travelled a bloody long way.

I can eat meat or a veggie diet from locally sourcing.

over a year ago

"interesting thread, good to see some proper debate amongst the rest of it.

...seven long, bacon free, miserable years! "

Always make me laugh when I try to explain to people the though of eating meat actually makes me feel sick so there's no 'missing' out as people think.

On a side note I've also had someone ask, "what even bacon?" As if it's the holy grail of food

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Nits. Hate the itchy little things but if anyone here has them i do comb them out and let them try to survive in the rubbish bin.

over a year ago

I would rather listen to a vegan preaching than have to sit and listen to this gender neutral carry on anymore, its getting ridiculous now

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

...seven long, bacon free, miserable years! "

I've never eaten bacon so I can't miss what I've never had

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

...seven long, bacon free, miserable years!

I've never eaten bacon so I can't miss what I've never had "

Also

Meat eaters love

Burger , pies from Greg's, sausage, and bacon

Erm all of which dont taste much of meat more of salt salt salt rusk herbs and seasoning and a bit of seared fat oh often enhanced by vinegar tomatoes salt sugar and onions

over a year ago

salisbury

"I would rather listen to a vegan preaching than have to sit and listen to this gender neutral carry on anymore, its getting ridiculous now "

They were born that way, show some respect...

over a year ago

I'm vegan. I still kill flies. I eat honey too (so not really vegan according to some).

I steal nuts from squirrels too.

over a year ago

salisbury

"I'm vegan. I still kill flies. I eat honey too (so not really vegan according to some).

"

I was told that queen bees have their wings cut off to prevent them flying away with the colony, and that is why honey is evil! Ive met a few bee keepers and none carry out this practise or have heard of it being carried out. Anyone else any knowledge on this?

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

"I'm vegan. I still kill flies. I eat honey too (so not really vegan according to some).

I was told that queen bees have their wings cut off to prevent them flying away with the colony, and that is why honey is evil! Ive met a few bee keepers and none carry out this practise or have heard of it being carried out. Anyone else any knowledge on this?"

Large honey company's trim queen wings. Colonies follow the queen, most keepers build new apiaries for new queens and further production of honey.

Removal of wings the other bees will leave the queen they don't want an injured queen

Practice is to trim no more than a third to prevent flying.

Question to pose is it ethical to do so? When people will kill ant colonies to prevent infection of houses if a wing trim and not killing a bee worse?

A queen will move her colony if she feels threatened and for a keeper no colony no income.

Fun fact queens can sting multiple times and in a hive with new queen sisters they help each other but also will take out the competition till one remains.

The biggest threat to an apiary colony is mites and you have environmental threats, pesticides, lack of available habitat.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Infestation* ignore my autocorrect

By *loria JamesTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Cant believe you people still react to this clown, trolls have never been funny and never will be.

Go out and meet people and have some fun...leave this idiot to play with himself, he's used to that x

over a year ago

salisbury

I was told that queen bees have their wings cut off to prevent them flying away with the colony, and that is why honey is evil! Ive met a few bee keepers and none carry out this practise or have heard of it being carried out. Anyone else any knowledge on this?

Large honey company's trim queen wings. Colonies follow the queen, most keepers build new apiaries for new queens and further production of honey.

Removal of wings the other bees will leave the queen they don't want an injured queen

Question to pose is it ethical to do so? When people will kill ant colonies to prevent infection of houses if a wing trim and not killing a bee worse?

A queen will move her colony if she feels threatened and for a keeper no colony no income.

Fun fact queens can sting multiple times and in a hive with new queen sisters they help each other but also will take out the competition till one remains.

The biggest threat to an apiary colony is mites and you have environmental threats, pesticides, lack of available habitat.

"

Oh, so rather like trimming the flight feathers of chickens i guess.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

Oh, so rather like trimming the flight feathers of chickens i guess. "

Yes but bees wings usually do not heal it's permanent, birds feathers regrow. Not that the chickens survive long enough for them to fully regrow before dinner table. But pet birds they do fine it's not about preventing flight just enough to prevent altitude

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Never

Post new Message to Thread