Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Will coronavirus stop you meeting?

Jump to newest

By *ampshirehotwife OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hampshire

So serious question.

Will people stop going to club's or parties and arrange meets go to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over?

Or

Carry on regardless?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

I’m not meeting until we know more about it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Probably not at this very moment but I think very soon if it keeps spreading I think I will be stopping. I do think it will all blow over in a couple of months so it's not going to be a great hardship to stop

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"So serious question.

Will people stop going to club's or parties and arrange meets go to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over?

Or

Carry on regardless?"

Only if infection becomes prevalent in this country, then we are probably going to have restrictions enforce onto an general.

Cal

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

For the moment carry on as normal.

We did notice yesterday that there were far fewer people out and about in Hastings and the car parks were empty. Also it was noticeable that people were avoiding touching door handles etc.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

I don’t go to clubs in winter anyway, just because of flu and the common cold etc. So make no difference.

That’s not because I’m a hypochondriac, I am one of those with a compromised immune system so I think it’s sensible.

over a year ago

I mean - it’s has about a 1% chance of death in my age range I believe... the chance of me crashing my car every time I get in it may even be higher....

Can’t fear it or you’ll live your life different

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I have 2 meets plannedfor March, so unless the virus becomes a problem, I am continuing as normal.

Lincolnshire NHS has said that currently the biggest danger, is people over reacting.

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

"I have 2 meets plannedfor March, so unless the virus becomes a problem, I am continuing as normal.

Lincolnshire NHS has said that currently the biggest danger, is people over reacting. "

Well said, do we stop going to Tescos or use the tube ?

I'm going to a club next Friday and I plan to enjoy it.

P.s you hair is lush x

over a year ago

I'm still going supermarkets for food....

The only thing stopping me from clubs is being messaged that I'm a fat ugly cunt and one would have sex, even on a greedy girls night.... !

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’m not leaving the house until Essex Tom says it’s safe to do so.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I have 2 meets plannedfor March, so unless the virus becomes a problem, I am continuing as normal.

Lincolnshire NHS has said that currently the biggest danger, is people over reacting.

Well said, do we stop going to Tescos or use the tube ?

I'm going to a club next Friday and I plan to enjoy it.

P.s you hair is lush x "

Thank you

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m not a clubber, but it’s not going to stop me meeting or attending socials or going about my normal life.

It’s just being sensible and monitoring the situation

over a year ago

"I’m not leaving the house until Essex Tom says it’s safe to do so. "

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

If you aren't meeting or going to clubs, are you also stopping going to work, the shops, the petrol station, the bank?

It's no different to being in proximity to other people.

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Respond to absurd uninformed paranoia? no thanks.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

In all honesty - whilst the death rate is similar to that of flu I’m honestly not sure what all the fuss is about. If my mum gets it she’s a gonner as she has copd- but that would be the same if she got most respiratory infections.

My concern levels would rise somewhat if it mutates and has a somewhat higher death rate - but as it stands currently I’m not overly concerned.

over a year ago

I have not made my mind up but I would recommend everyone by alcohol hand gels now because I work in the infection control industry and there is none left to by from the manufacturers. Which mean once it’s gone on the shelves it’s gone.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I'm carrying on doing what I'm doing until it becomes dangerous for me to do so.

If people act sensibly and self quarantine if they show symptoms after being exposed to the virus there will be no problem, it's the selfish fuckers that don't do it that are the problem.

over a year ago

"In all honesty - whilst the death rate is similar to that of flu I’m honestly not sure what all the fuss is about. If my mum gets it she’s a gonner as she has copd- but that would be the same if she got most respiratory infections.

My concern levels would rise somewhat if it mutates and has a somewhat higher death rate - but as it stands currently I’m not overly concerned. "

I don’t get the flu argument. People keep saying around 10000 - 30000 people die a year of flu.

This is true.

But surely we don’t want ANOTHER 10000 - 30000 people dieing of coronavirus?

Does it not double the chance of the vulnerable getting pneumonia?

over a year ago

"I'm carrying on doing what I'm doing until it becomes dangerous for me to do so.

If people act sensibly and self quarantine if they show symptoms after being exposed to the virus there will be no problem, it's the selfish fuckers that don't do it that are the problem.

"

And it only takes one or two selfish fuckers haha. We know there are plenty of them on fab alone haha

over a year ago

Hampshire

"Respond to absurd uninformed paranoia? no thanks."

So why comment then??

It's a genuine question in regards a clear and present issue that's current, not misinformed paranoia.

Just a general consensus as to people's feelings regards probably the biggest news story worldwide currently.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion xx

over a year ago

"Respond to absurd uninformed paranoia? no thanks.

So why comment then??

It's a genuine question in regards a clear and present issue that's current, not misinformed paranoia.

Just a general consensus as to people's feelings regards probably the biggest news story worldwide currently.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion xx"

Thinking about the safety of meeting is just sensible. Not paranoia

over a year ago

So why comment then??

Thinking about the safety of meeting is just sensible. Not paranoia"

Exactly

over a year ago

Birmingham

So why comment then??

But everyone is entitled to their opinion xx"

I responded because it's an answer to the question you asked, no i won't stop going to clubs. I wasn't commenting on your question as a whole, I was answering it.

over a year ago

Birmingham

"RThinking about the safety of meeting is just sensible. Not paranoia"

In a general everyday sense, of course it is. But Coronavirus shouldn't be realistically registering in the top 10, 100 even, of things to consider before swinging. That could change in the future, but right now, it's not important as a factor in "normal" decision making.

over a year ago

Hampshire

So why comment then??

I responded because it's an answer to the question you asked, no i won't stop going to clubs. I wasn't commenting on your question as a whole, I was answering it."

over a year ago

Birmingham

"

"

Sorry for the confusion!

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I think people are getting a little ahead of themselves here. In a population of 60-odd million there are 15 confirmed cases. Let’s introduce a little perspective!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

We will just carry on as normal

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"In all honesty - whilst the death rate is similar to that of flu I’m honestly not sure what all the fuss is about. If my mum gets it she’s a gonner as she has copd- but that would be the same if she got most respiratory infections.

My concern levels would rise somewhat if it mutates and has a somewhat higher death rate - but as it stands currently I’m not overly concerned. "

While the death rate is a concern on the same level as flu (currently) it is the wrong thing that is being focused on.

The main issue with covid-19 is its highly contagious nature. It spreads quickly and the threat is economic. If enough people are ill at the same time the world essentially shuts down to a crawl. It is a threat to the economy.

Generally, the vulnerable are no more at risk of dieing from it than they are most other viral infections. The difference here though is they are much more likely (potentially) to actually catch it.

Mainstream media are focusing too much on the basics of "death". Not enough emphasis on the longer lasting effects to the economy.

over a year ago

My concern levels would rise somewhat if it mutates and has a somewhat higher death rate - but as it stands currently I’m not overly concerned.

While the death rate is a concern on the same level as flu (currently) it is the wrong thing that is being focused on.

The main issue with covid-19 is its highly contagious nature. It spreads quickly and the threat is economic. If enough people are ill at the same time the world essentially shuts down to a crawl. It is a threat to the economy.

Generally, the vulnerable are no more at risk of dieing from it than they are most other viral infections. The difference here though is they are much more likely (potentially) to actually catch it.

Mainstream media are focusing too much on the basics of "death". Not enough emphasis on the longer lasting effects to the economy. "

Very good point

over a year ago

Birmingham

Mainstream media are focusing too much on the basics of "death". Not enough emphasis on the longer lasting effects to the economy.

Very good point"

Whilst there are clear and genuine issues outside of health, I'd like to think that the real personal issue that's being overlooked it the infectiousness, not the severity, as the post here originally started with. Most people, especially in a modern country like the UK will shrug it off just fine, but like anti vaxxers causing a drop in herd immunity because *they* aren't vulnerable etc. mass infections mean those that are vulnerable are much more likely to get infected too. The news angle should be "your old nan might get it if lots of others do" rather than "some random person has got it and will be fine"

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Very good point

Whilst there are clear and genuine issues outside of health, I'd like to think that the real personal issue that's being overlooked it the infectiousness, not the severity, as the post here originally started with. Most people, especially in a modern country like the UK will shrug it off just fine, but like anti vaxxers causing a drop in herd immunity because *they* aren't vulnerable etc. mass infections mean those that are vulnerable are much more likely to get infected too. The news angle should be "your old nan might get it if lots of others do" rather than "some random person has got it and will be fine""

Yes that is another good point. It is not being specific enough in its coverage or where the specific issues of it outside of the usual "DEATH" or "DEAD" which is usual media tactics, hit them with the headline bullet points and then sprinkle in the facts in the small print near the bottom.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

No because for normal healthy people getting the corinavirus will be no different that just getting the flu. People are acting like it's going to start wiping out millions of people around the country. As with all things like this, it's only really dangerous if your very young, elderly or have pre-existing conditions that leave you susceptible to virus' to begin with

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Aids hasn't stopped me, so why would catching a cold?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Wuhan has a population of 11 million. There have been 78,514 confirmed cases in the whole of China. If the virus was as contagious as many are making out then I suspect there'd be far more cases in Wuhan itself.

China has a population of 1.386 billion so the percentage of infected in China alone is 0.0056%

You're probably more at risk of choking on a condom or slipping in a cum splash and breaking your neck than catching the virus in a swingers club.

A

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"No because for normal healthy people getting the corinavirus will be no different that just getting the flu. People are acting like it's going to start wiping out millions of people around the country. As with all things like this, it's only really dangerous if your very young, elderly or have pre-existing conditions that leave you susceptible to virus' to begin with"

Exactly so......it is a flu like virus, NOT Bubonic plague..!!

over a year ago

yes I'm not leaving the house jeez all you people who eat chinese you'll be the death of us

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?"

currently carry on regardless. Should an outbreak occur near me then maybe not... not for me but for my daughter who would be compromised x

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

More chance of catching it in Tesco.

over a year ago

I think its common sense washing hands avoiding areas where known cases but its pretty impossible to avoid school trips coming back from italy etc we just been london a lot of time on tube cramped conditions areas etc x

over a year ago

"No because for normal healthy people getting the corinavirus will be no different that just getting the flu. People are acting like it's going to start wiping out millions of people around the country. As with all things like this, it's only really dangerous if your very young, elderly or have pre-existing conditions that leave you susceptible to virus' to begin with

Exactly so......it is a flu like virus, NOT Bubonic plague..!!"

I still don’t want it though haha. Or the flu.

over a year ago

Until I'm gasping for breath on my death bed it's as normal. All blown up out of proportion as usual, it makes a cracking story though.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I'd avoid booking a holiday for the next week or so, just to figure out what the deal is here in Europe. Other than that life goes on as normal

over a year ago

"I'd avoid booking a holiday for the next week or so, just to figure out what the deal is here in Europe. Other than that life goes on as normal "
I'm not leaving the house people are dying out there cmon batten down the hatches this is the process of natural evolution going down here, wear a mask and dont drink the water

over a year ago

I really could not handle being in quarantine. I’d loose my mind. That’s reason enough to consider avoiding places it would spread easily. Consider is the key word. I may still go haha

over a year ago

"I'd avoid booking a holiday for the next week or so, just to figure out what the deal is here in Europe. Other than that life goes on as normal I'm not leaving the house people are dying out there cmon batten down the hatches this is the process of natural evolution going down here, wear a mask and dont drink the water "

There are no masks! They sold out weeks ago. The only option is to not breath!

over a year ago

AIDS hasn't stopped me yet

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I'd avoid booking a holiday for the next week or so, just to figure out what the deal is here in Europe. Other than that life goes on as normal I'm not leaving the house people are dying out there cmon batten down the hatches this is the process of natural evolution going down here, wear a mask and dont drink the water "

Haha, can't say I would be booking a last minute skiing holiday in Italy at the moment. Plus it's clearly being spread to places like Brazil via people on their holidays. Wait a couple of weeks see where the hotspots are, may even get a bargain holiday to Italy. Corona virus wins

over a year ago

It's another flu. Next year I nip in boots and pay for a jab but until then I'm doing the same old routine.... well apart from going to my local Chinese takeaway. Not because of Covid but because my cat went missing last week !

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

"I really could not handle being in quarantine. I’d loose my mind. That’s reason enough to consider avoiding places it would spread easily. Consider is the key word. I may still go haha"

Quarantine with my kids, they'll be climbing the walls!!!

over a year ago

"I really could not handle being in quarantine. I’d loose my mind. That’s reason enough to consider avoiding places it would spread easily. Consider is the key word. I may still go haha

Quarantine with my kids, they'll be climbing the walls!!!"

Exactly practically torture haha

over a year ago

"I'd avoid booking a holiday for the next week or so, just to figure out what the deal is here in Europe. Other than that life goes on as normal I'm not leaving the house people are dying out there cmon batten down the hatches this is the process of natural evolution going down here, wear a mask and dont drink the water

Haha, can't say I would be booking a last minute skiing holiday in Italy at the moment. Plus it's clearly being spread to places like Brazil via people on their holidays. Wait a couple of weeks see where the hotspots are, may even get a bargain holiday to Italy. Corona virus wins "

Northern Italy is my fav part as well

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Brilliant

over a year ago

Last minute cruise deals !

over a year ago

"If you aren't meeting or going to clubs, are you also stopping going to work, the shops, the petrol station, the bank?

It's no different to being in proximity to other people. "

It's totally different.

I don't tend to up close and personal with people at work, the shops, the petrol station or even the bank.

over a year ago

"I'd avoid booking a holiday for the next week or so, just to figure out what the deal is here in Europe. Other than that life goes on as normal I'm not leaving the house people are dying out there cmon batten down the hatches this is the process of natural evolution going down here, wear a mask and dont drink the water

Haha, can't say I would be booking a last minute skiing holiday in Italy at the moment. Plus it's clearly being spread to places like Brazil via people on their holidays. Wait a couple of weeks see where the hotspots are, may even get a bargain holiday to Italy. Corona virus wins "

We have booked a holiday in early June to Spain.

We are a little concerned but more that borders will close or there is restricted travel.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Haha, can't say I would be booking a last minute skiing holiday in Italy at the moment. Plus it's clearly being spread to places like Brazil via people on their holidays. Wait a couple of weeks see where the hotspots are, may even get a bargain holiday to Italy. Corona virus wins

We are a little concerned but more that borders will close or there is restricted travel. "

That would be my concern and how if travel insurance will cover if you're x distance from a hotspot for example. But I think by June with how rapidly it's spreading it should be ok

over a year ago

We are a little concerned but more that borders will close or there is restricted travel.

That would be my concern and how if travel insurance will cover if you're x distance from a hotspot for example. But I think by June with how rapidly it's spreading it should be ok "

Well some health professionals have predicted the peek will be about June, but that could actually help stop the spread and more serious complications as the weather is warmer.

Iv been looking at travel ins today and it's much more expensive than last year.

By *lanemikeMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"It's totally different.

I don't tend to up close and personal with people at work, the shops, the petrol station or even the bank."

Not really, you will be breathing the same air and touching the same objects.......door handle, money...?!!

over a year ago

"It's totally different.

I don't tend to up close and personal with people at work, the shops, the petrol station or even the bank.

Not really, you will be breathing the same air and touching the same objects.......door handle, money...?!!"

It's not airborne. You have to be quite close to someone for at least 10 minutes to be at risk unless you are in contact with body fluids.

So yes the risk is higher.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

People just need to stop being dickheads and self isolate if they are a risk to other people. It's so simple.

over a year ago

"People just need to stop being dickheads and self isolate if they are a risk to other people. It's so simple. "
I'm isolated

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"People just need to stop being dickheads and self isolate if they are a risk to other people. It's so simple. I'm isolated "

You should try to get some friends, probably not ones that have been to China or Italy recently though.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Some will get gangs in regardless, I'm carrying on, until I perceive it as high risk in the UK.

over a year ago

"People just need to stop being dickheads and self isolate if they are a risk to other people. It's so simple. I'm isolated

You should try to get some friends, probably not ones that have been to China or Italy recently though."

I'm avoiding chinese at all costs, i dont eat Asian food so I'm ok there, i love northern italy but ive not been for a couple of years I've got provisions in from reputable stores i can last two weeks

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"People just need to stop being dickheads and self isolate if they are a risk to other people. It's so simple. I'm isolated

You should try to get some friends, probably not ones that have been to China or Italy recently though.I'm avoiding chinese at all costs, i dont eat Asian food so I'm ok there, i love northern italy but ive not been for a couple of years I've got provisions in from reputable stores i can last two weeks "

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

You should try to get some friends, probably not ones that have been to China or Italy recently though."

Shall I stay away then.. lol as I've been to italy recently x

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

You should try to get some friends, probably not ones that have been to China or Italy recently though.

Shall I stay away then.. lol as I've been to italy recently x "

Just make sure everyone you come into contact with wears a hazmat suit and bathes in alcohol gel!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

Just make sure everyone you come into contact with wears a hazmat suit and bathes in alcohol gel! "

lol I'm safe apparently.. dont even need to quarantine

By *he Little Fuck MachineMan
over a year ago

Co.Antrim

But it’s getting serious now! Wake up peoples!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Will stop me meeting if they have it!

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Just make sure everyone you come into contact with wears a hazmat suit and bathes in alcohol gel! lol I'm safe apparently.. dont even need to quarantine "

over a year ago

It's not stopping me going to socials at the moment. But if restrictions come into place I would take note of them as we all need to be proactive in stopping the spread of the virus

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"It's not stopping me going to socials at the moment. But if restrictions come into place I would take note of them as we all need to be proactive in stopping the spread of the virus "

Agreed, until I have solid facts and restrictions from people with knowledge about the virus, I will continue living my life as normal.

over a year ago

Keep calm and carry on

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

"It's not stopping me going to socials at the moment. But if restrictions come into place I would take note of them as we all need to be proactive in stopping the spread of the virus

Agreed, until I have solid facts and restrictions from people with knowledge about the virus, I will continue living my life as normal. "

yeah this for me. As soon as I knew I'd been near the areas they were worried about I checked with the NHS line. They have told me only if I develop symptoms... if they do restrictions I will abide by them x

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"It's not stopping me going to socials at the moment. But if restrictions come into place I would take note of them as we all need to be proactive in stopping the spread of the virus

Agreed, until I have solid facts and restrictions from people with knowledge about the virus, I will continue living my life as normal. yeah this for me. As soon as I knew I'd been near the areas they were worried about I checked with the NHS line. They have told me only if I develop symptoms... if they do restrictions I will abide by them x "

it's the most sensible course of action

over a year ago

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?"

Carry on.

over a year ago

over a year ago

Bb with infected fanny

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Bb with infected fanny "

You always know what to say to turn me on

By *agicfingerslovelyMan
over a year ago

Rugby

" "

Watch and see. Be interesting to see what the tube in London is like this weekend.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I was on the London Underground on Monday and saw 3 people wearing face masks. They were sitting together so all 3 probably thought each other was the carrier.

over a year ago

"Bb with infected fanny

You always know what to say to turn me on "

Didn't know your name was Fanny

By *agicfingerslovelyMan
over a year ago

Rugby

"

Watch and see. Be interesting to see what the tube in London is like this weekend."

Thinking about it, it might give people an excuse to wear gimp masks

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"Bb with infected fanny

You always know what to say to turn me on

Didn't know your name was Fanny "

Only for you

over a year ago

Shall I stay away then.. lol as I've been to italy recently x "

Caio omg youre infested alura

over a year ago

No. It's overblown nonsense.

I mean, obviously if someone is displaying visible flu symptoms, I'd probably suggest a raincheck. Phlegm isn't sexy...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Would it count as a STD if you shagged someone who was ill with flu?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I’m not leaving the house until Essex Tom says it’s safe to do so.

"

I am not a medical expert and will not advise...

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"For the moment carry on as normal.

We did notice yesterday that there were far fewer people out and about in Hastings and the car parks were empty. Also it was noticeable that people were avoiding touching door handles etc. "

I have always avoided touching door handles.. handles of filth

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I'm carrying on doing what I'm doing until it becomes dangerous for me to do so.

"

There are always selfish fuckers...you are right to worry

over a year ago

And he's off.....

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

People are Worried..

I am worried..

It's serious ..

Don't Stifle Debate..

Wake Up !

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I am out.. stay safe and be careful what you say on here ..

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Good luck Peoples..

over a year ago

"Good luck Peoples..

"

Are you a medical professional per chance?

over a year ago

Hampshire

So what's people's thoughts on using the gym at the moment??

over a year ago

It is over hyped fear mongering.

Go about your business as normal.

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

"So what's people's thoughts on using the gym at the moment??"

I'm still going to the gym. Just using gloves like I always do and wiping down equipment.

By *elshkinkyMan
over a year ago

south wales

"So what's people's thoughts on using the gym at the moment??"

Yes. I’m carrying on as normal ...

over a year ago

Nope. I don't fall for all the Media hype and doom-mongering that they like to get into.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook earlier about the government advice about washing hands etc that people should really be doing anyway.

I worked out the numbers yesterday.

So the latest figure is that there are 116 confirmed cases in the UK.

Wow. 116. Sounds like a lot doesn't it?

No.

That's 116 out of around 65 million people!

Or to put it another way 0.0000018 of the population

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It’s a virus, like flu. It will spread easily it’s not containable, like flu. Some people will catch it, most will be fine some won’t be unfortunately.

I’m taking what I consider to be sensible precautions. I won’t be sharing bodily fluids with strangers, not because it’s Coronavirus as such but because there’s an outbreak of a virus which is an unknown quantity at the moment.

By *atEvolutionCouple
over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Nope. I don't fall for all the Media hype and doom-mongering that they like to get into.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook earlier about the government advice about washing hands etc that people should really be doing anyway.

I worked out the numbers yesterday.

So the latest figure is that there are 116 confirmed cases in the UK.

Wow. 116. Sounds like a lot doesn't it?

No.

That's 116 out of around 65 million people!

Or to put it another way 0.0000018 of the population"

We've always had (all year round) hand santizer all around the club and currently we are making extra effort to point it out to people particularly as they arrive in reception - during flu season we have always had a Flu Injection and Norovirus notices up. Another part of our regime that we have added currently is to Dettol Spray and wipe surfaces every half hour or so.

We are not particularly worried at this stage, but we want customers to know that we have it in our minds and that we are active at hygiene.

By *ylvie 888Woman
over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Yes!

over a year ago

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?"

I'll carry on as normal since my face is a pretty good deterrent to people anyway

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

It won’t make any difference to me at all - media hype will not affect my sex life!

I cannot believe however that we have to have a big campaign to get people to wash their hands! No shit Sherlock!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"It won’t make any difference to me at all - media hype will not affect my sex life!

I cannot believe however that we have to have a big campaign to get people to wash their hands! No shit Sherlock! "

That’s the most troubling part. Why aren’t people washing their hands anyway?

over a year ago

"It won’t make any difference to me at all - media hype will not affect my sex life!

I cannot believe however that we have to have a big campaign to get people to wash their hands! No shit Sherlock!

That’s the most troubling part. Why aren’t people washing their hands anyway? "

The hand sanitiser apparently has alcohol in it so I’m just keeping myself permanently topped up with alcohol. I’ll be fine

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I had a meet last night and I’m still alive! Breaking news!

By *onty1971Man
over a year ago

London St Helier Trier

I am still travelling to and within UK and meeting.

Being cautious and using gloves etc

Being sensible.

Things are developing each week and things may change and will accept that, adapt and not put anyone else at risk.

By *ervertsCouple
over a year ago

halesowen

We’re off to chams tonight, hope all the hype in the papers doesn’t mean the club is going to be dead

over a year ago

It will take more than a virus to stop these dirty fuckers

over a year ago

I won't be mingling much once this starts spreading. Apparently it's a very nasty virus and I wouldn't want to catch it even if I were to have mild symptoms.

Recently a colleague sent me a report saying that about 5% of those infected require artificial ventilation, and 15% Oxygen therapy. At the moment Italy has a death rate of 3.5% and some of those alive are still going to die. Mostly it's elderly and fragile but not always.

Young people also die.

By *aughty_builder87Man
over a year ago

Keston

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?"

As a healthy young man I am unlikely to be affected by it. Its about as dangerous as flu but doesnt respond to medication currently on the market. You should only be worried about it if you have a weakened immune system. Continue to take all the precautions you normally should. It will probably go the way of swine flu or bird flu.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I had a meet this afternoon with someone I know well. Certainly didn’t put us off.

over a year ago

I will carry on yes.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?

As a healthy young man I am unlikely to be affected by it. Its about as dangerous as flu but doesnt respond to medication currently on the market. You should only be worried about it if you have a weakened immune system. Continue to take all the precautions you normally should. It will probably go the way of swine flu or bird flu."

Flu is dangerous, even to fit and healthy people. Thousands die as a result each year.

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?

As a healthy young man I am unlikely to be affected by it. Its about as dangerous as flu but doesnt respond to medication currently on the market. You should only be worried about it if you have a weakened immune system. Continue to take all the precautions you normally should. It will probably go the way of swine flu or bird flu.

Flu is dangerous, even to fit and healthy people. Thousands die as a result each year. "

Around 650,000 every year worldwide.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"So serious question.

Or

Carry on regardless?"

God no, I’m definitely meeting someone!

By *aughty_builder87Man
over a year ago

Keston

The point I was making was flu wouldn't stop me meeting people that dont have it.

over a year ago

"The point I was making was flu wouldn't stop me meeting people that dont have it."

I think it will depend if we can all still get an erection

Post new Message to Thread