Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

TV/TS misconception

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I get a lot of messages asking if I am dressed. I also find a lot of people put filters up to block TV/TS categories.

Is there a common belief that anyone on here who says TV/TS is permanently in drag 24/7?

Seriously considering a second profile as a single male here because the vast majority of the time, I am dressed as a man.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I get this all the time. “ are you dressed now” “ come suck my cock now”.

No no no and no

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"I get this all the time. “ are you dressed now” “ come suck my cock now”.

No no no and no

"

over a year ago

I was interested in whether the ladies, particularly those that have us blocked share the same misapprehension.

I'd be more than happy to meet a woman as a man. Much more convenient, but the bonus is if she wanted to dress me up like Miss Marple, Juliet Bravo or St Trinnians then I would be more than winning.

Best of both I thought, but seemingly others don't agree.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

I get fed up of

Can you meet now? ( 8pm or later)

What you wearing?

“I’m in a hotel come and suck my cock”

Loads of people around north London

I’m in Herefordshire not Hertfordshire !!

Loads of young guys

People who have no photos wanting to meet them getting nasty when you won’t ( why would you meet anyone when you don’t know what they look like)

Thing is most of these are on my profile, yet they never bother reading it

By *tace 309TV/TS
over a year ago

durham

I am dressed around 8o%of the time but that doesn't mean I'm sitting here gagging for offers. I have, a life outside of fab

over a year ago

It's very rare I dress, maybe an hour once every few months. If I were to meet someone I would usually ask to dress on arrival.

It's certainly not a case that I only meet dressed.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I usually have TVs blocked. Unfortunately it's a hassle thing for me. I tend to find that of those who are inclined to be rude/abusive, TVs are among the worst. They tend to assume they'll be given the benefit of the doubt women are, but often with the vileness men can be so reviled for. I find it much harder to handle.

I'm supportive of the trans community and will often break the filter myself to talk to trans ladies. But unfortunately the few idiots ruin it for the many.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"I usually have TVs blocked. Unfortunately it's a hassle thing for me. I tend to find that of those who are inclined to be rude/abusive, TVs are among the worst. They tend to assume they'll be given the benefit of the doubt women are, but often with the vileness men can be so reviled for. I find it much harder to handle.

I'm supportive of the trans community and will often break the filter myself to talk to trans ladies. But unfortunately the few idiots ruin it for the many."

That’s sad to read, but I sort of get it..

From all the trans and TV’s on here I’m so sorry

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"I usually have TVs blocked. Unfortunately it's a hassle thing for me. I tend to find that of those who are inclined to be rude/abusive, TVs are among the worst. They tend to assume they'll be given the benefit of the doubt women are, but often with the vileness men can be so reviled for. I find it much harder to handle.

I'm supportive of the trans community and will often break the filter myself to talk to trans ladies. But unfortunately the few idiots ruin it for the many."

As a tgirl myself I have to agree with some of these points.

The only type of people that I have added to my block list are other tgirls.

I refuse to block my own kind as some of the girls on here are lovely and I really like to see them around but as with any groups, there are those who cross boundaries into a bad place and it means many of us are seen as bad too.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm supportive of the trans community and will often break the filter myself to talk to trans ladies. But unfortunately the few idiots ruin it for the many.

That’s sad to read, but I sort of get it..

From all the trans and TV’s on here I’m so sorry"

Thank you. Even though I know it's not you xx

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It's certainly not a case that I only meet dressed."

If this is the case I would suggest a second profile as a male for arranging to meet as a man. Kind of like how couples sometimes also have individual profiles for if they want to arrange meets without their partner.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's certainly not a case that I only meet dressed.

If this is the case I would suggest a second profile as a male for arranging to meet as a man. Kind of like how couples sometimes also have individual profiles for if they want to arrange meets without their partner."

Yes, I agree. I personally don't "get" dressing as a sexual thing. (I'm supportive, but it doesn't do anything for me. Can't help what floats my boat!) "Oh but I don't have to dress to meet you" falls flat for me.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

I think a separate category should be added so transfemales and transmales can be identified as themselves rather than tv/ts. A lot of confusion would be eased for many.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I think a separate category should be added so transfemales and transmales can be identified as themselves rather than tv/ts. A lot of confusion would be eased for many. "

Yeah the Fab category is woefully inadequate.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

If this is the case I would suggest a second profile as a male for arranging to meet as a man. Kind of like how couples sometimes also have individual profiles for if they want to arrange meets without their partner."

I've considered this but up to now haven't needed to.

I have had a couple of meets now and both as a man, I believe women are able to see both sides of me clearly and have no problem with it. I dont know if it true for others.

Partly I've not got a male account as I would likely have to refer to my 'Sophie' account so that the people i chat with would know it was me but I would prefer the privacy of not being linked as I'm not totally out.

Also, I dont want to live a double life on here either.

It's a weird conundrum that's for sure.

By *na WintersTV/TS
over a year ago

woodford halse

I only meet whilst dolled up as Ana, but sometimes I'm just on here to chat with friends I've made, and I'll get inundated with these sorts of messages.

Funnily enough, get a lot of guys asking me to fuck them too.... Which is particularly frustrating as it makes it clear they haven't read my profile.

And it's usually when I ask if they have, that they get rude and aggressive.

By * Sophie xTV/TS
over a year ago

Derby

"I think a separate category should be added so transfemales and transmales can be identified as themselves rather than tv/ts. A lot of confusion would be eased for many. "

Absolutely agree with this.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Agreed. I've heard arguments against it which I kind of get (basically that you'd need tonnes of categories to please everyone currently using that category) but I personally find it unfair to group trans people and people who dress as another gender just for sexual thrills into the same group.

over a year ago

That's a shame to read and a surprise as my experience is that they are the most friendly people on here. Maybe it's just that they behave differently with different people or maybe I've been lucky.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tbh I find the trans most polite even if you send them a wink and they are not interested 90 per cent of the time I've had a thank you for the wink and some of them even have a conversation think guys and some ladies could learn a lot from them in terms of manners and politeness

over a year ago

"Tbh I find the trans most polite even if you send them a wink and they are not interested 90 per cent of the time I've had a thank you for the wink and some of them even have a conversation think guys and some ladies could learn a lot from them in terms of manners and politeness"

To be fair to the ladies, while we get more messages and winks than the straight males, we don't get anything like the numbers that some of the ladies get.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Tbh I find the trans most polite even if you send them a wink and they are not interested 90 per cent of the time I've had a thank you for the wink and some of them even have a conversation think guys and some ladies could learn a lot from them in terms of manners and politeness

To be fair to the ladies, while we get more messages and winks than the straight males, we don't get anything like the numbers that some of the ladies get."

Yes. Let's not start the rudeness of women chestnut again.

over a year ago

What colour are your panties

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

If this is the case I would suggest a second profile as a male for arranging to meet as a man. Kind of like how couples sometimes also have individual profiles for if they want to arrange meets without their partner.

I have had a couple of meets now and both as a man, I believe women are able to see both sides of me clearly and have no problem with it. I dont know if it true for others.

Partly I've not got a male account as I would likely have to refer to my 'Sophie' account so that the people i chat with would know it was me but I would prefer the privacy of not being linked as I'm not totally out.

It's a weird conundrum that's for sure."

I can get that. I'm not suggesting anyone hide anything, more that people tend to assume that if approached by a specific profile type that that is what they'll be meeting. Like with what I said about couples before. If I wasn't looking for couples, I'd block couples rather than keep it open as sometimes there is the option to meet just one of them. If anything I'd consider it disrespectful to assume that was a possibility.

Another example is that I tend to search for my meets myself and I would never search for TV/TS profiles on the off chance someone may consider meeting me as a man rather than their female persona. I'd feel very rude doing so and would worry I was running the risk of really offending someone.

over a year ago

It's a weird conundrum that's for sure.

I can get that. I'm not suggesting anyone hide anything, more that people tend to assume that if approached by a specific profile type that that is what they'll be meeting. Like with what I said about couples before. If I wasn't looking for couples, I'd block couples rather than keep it open as sometimes there is the option to meet just one of them. If anything I'd consider it disrespectful to assume that was a possibility.

Another example is that I tend to search for my meets myself and I would never search for TV/TS profiles on the off chance someone may consider meeting me as a man rather than their female persona. I'd feel very rude doing so and would worry I was running the risk of really offending someone."

I certainly wouldn't be offended if you asked me for a meet but asked me not to be dressed, I'd be delighted

over a year ago

I don’t agree! People like what they like and are free to make those choices, if you Identify as a ts/tv/cd then so be it, you don’t have to change to get meets, that’s deceiving as I don’t want to meet a man that sleeps with other men, lie some people prefer a particular race to meet, it’s nothing personal, people like who they like and know what they want, my advice is be you, be real

over a year ago

I have gender dysphoria and reassignment surgery is expensive nor am I ready to tell my family.So I dress up to relieve the stress and forget about everything.And I like posting my photos on fab

over a year ago

So, who’s dressed now?

Only kidding ... delete and block people.

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"It's very rare I dress, maybe an hour once every few months. If I were to meet someone I would usually ask to dress on arrival.

It's certainly not a case that I only meet dressed."

But what's your preference?? If you dress that rarely, are you wanting to meet dressed as male or female? All if your public pics show you dressed, so women who aren't into it might be very disinclined to chat with you.

Of course, if you especially WANT to meet dressed then leave your profile as it is.

Ultimately it's up to you what impression you give, but speaking as a single woman on here who is not attracted to tv's, I instantly wouldn't be interested x

over a year ago

I used to be listed a tv/ts and over time I’ve transitioned to the point I am at now so I was relisted as a woman.

I hated the word ‘dressed’ as I never did that. Not to get off on it. I presented as male until I no longer had to.

I agree that it would be nice to have a ts category but how do you police it?

I’ve been reported by people who disagree I’m female and found my profile flitted back and forth until all the mods recognised me. According to fabs rules, as a genuinely transitioning person I can be listed as my true gender and that makes me happy.

By *eannaTV/TS
over a year ago

Cwmfelifach, nr Newport

"I used to be listed a tv/ts and over time I’ve transitioned to the point I am at now so I was relisted as a woman.

I hated the word ‘dressed’ as I never did that. Not to get off on it. I presented as male until I no longer had to.

I agree that it would be nice to have a ts category but how do you police it?

I’ve been reported by people who disagree I’m female and found my profile flitted back and forth until all the mods recognised me. According to fabs rules, as a genuinely transitioning person I can be listed as my true gender and that makes me happy. "

I salute and congratulate you as I know that the transition is a long and uncomfortable journey, a friend of mine is going through this at the moment, myself unfortunately will not due to my age and health.

By *eannaTV/TS
over a year ago

Cwmfelifach, nr Newport

"I get a lot of messages asking if I am dressed. I also find a lot of people put filters up to block TV/TS categories.

Is there a common belief that anyone on here who says TV/TS is permanently in drag 24/7?

Seriously considering a second profile as a single male here because the vast majority of the time, I am dressed as a man.

"

I think you will find that these people are more interested in building a mental picture of you as they imagine you are with them so they can releve themselves, I generally find that they don't actually meet and tend to log off when their done, I suppose you could take it as a complement as they selected your profile for their fantasy.

Post new Message to Thread