Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it wrong?? Honest...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Where we live its quite set back from the road... and outside there is a wide patch of grass before the road... Opposite is a narrow road and a dog owner kept walking his little treasure accross the road and letting it crap on the grass now the grass belongs to us but legally we can't nor would want to fence it off as it would spoil the village look... Now for weeks I asked this guy to pick up the mess.. He keeps ignoring and so now.. I have taken to collecting the said dog mess and returning it to his porch... (He has no frontage)

Is this wrong?? I have asked.. He ignores....

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Where we live its quite set back from the road... and outside there is a wide patch of grass before the road... Opposite is a narrow road and a dog owner kept walking his little treasure accross the road and letting it crap on the grass now the grass belongs to us but legally we can't nor would want to fence it off as it would spoil the village look... Now for weeks I asked this guy to pick up the mess.. He keeps ignoring and so now.. I have taken to collecting the said dog mess and returning it to his porch... (He has no frontage)

Is this wrong?? I have asked.. He ignores.... "

I would do exactly the same, and I'd also report the dirty bugger!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You actually go to all that effort? I would report to local council my self.

over a year ago

"

I would do exactly the same, and I'd also report the dirty bugger!"

Best part is 2 mins away its open country.. Lazy git eh! Always late at night... but the cctv see's who it is lol..

over a year ago

"

Best part is 2 mins away its open country.. Lazy git eh! Always late at night... but the cctv see's who it is lol..

"

you could always put it thru his letterbox if he keeps ignoring ya

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"Where we live its quite set back from the road... and outside there is a wide patch of grass before the road... Opposite is a narrow road and a dog owner kept walking his little treasure accross the road and letting it crap on the grass now the grass belongs to us but legally we can't nor would want to fence it off as it would spoil the village look... Now for weeks I asked this guy to pick up the mess.. He keeps ignoring and so now.. I have taken to collecting the said dog mess and returning it to his porch... (He has no frontage)

i think he's very ignorant, and my step would be to photograph said owner and pooch doing the deed sent it to the enviromental health people and let them hand out one of their hefy reminders that what he is doing is not just anti-social but also biologically dangerous for small children and others (£2,500 reminder should serve to bring him into line)

over a year ago

"You actually go to all that effort? I would report to local council my self."

I would but its petty.. and prefer to just have him stop rather than make a fuss....

Recon he'll get the hint soon as I have asked politely.. I'll give it a week, maybe two then its letterbox time pmsl...

over a year ago

"

you could always put it thru his letterbox if he keeps ignoring ya "

I have manners... but great minds think alike lol..

over a year ago

Exactly what i would do, he would be breaking by-laws by letting it foul and not clearing it up anyway, carry on.

over a year ago

"You actually go to all that effort? I would report to local council my self.

I would but its petty.. and prefer to just have him stop rather than make a fuss....

Recon he'll get the hint soon as I have asked politely.. I'll give it a week, maybe two then its letterbox time pmsl... "

Have you thought of defecating on his doorstep your self?

over a year ago

"

Have you thought of defecating on his doorstep your self?"

No... but I might go and have a crap if he ignores more lol...

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"

Have you thought of defecating on his doorstep your self?

No... but I might go and have a crap if he ignores more lol... "

rather than just placing said poo in a bag on his frontage place it on his door step( well spread it actually)

over a year ago

i would film him and make sure he see's u , then i bet next time he'l pick it up. if he doesn't i'd deffo report him.

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"i would film him and make sure he see's u , then i bet next time he'l pick it up. if he doesn't i'd deffo report him."
here here

By *hotandsexyCouple
over a year ago

llanelli

Id even have to think about rubbing his face init, yeah dogs need to poo, but its up the owner to clean it up,, id deff keep giving it bk to him, maybe even order a load of cow poo from a farm to be dropped off at his place

over a year ago

I've spoken... Politely.. to him and mentioned the fact that its now morally wrong and in fact illegal.. he says its a grass verge.. Its not!

I'm at the moment just returning lost property in my eyes...

over a year ago

"I've spoken... Politely.. to him and mentioned the fact that its now morally wrong and in fact illegal.. he says its a grass verge.. Its not!

I'm at the moment just returning lost property in my eyes... "

doesnt matter if its a grass verge or a concrete slab , its still illegal.

over a year ago

"doesnt matter if its a grass verge or a concrete slab , its still illegal. "

And smelly ... especially when you run the fookin flymo over a pile .. ewwwww Pmsl...

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

"doesnt matter if its a grass verge or a concrete slab , its still illegal.

And smelly ... especially when you run the fookin flymo over a pile .. ewwwww Pmsl... "

think yourself lucky it aint the strimmer those things fling it in all directions

By *aughtyHubbyMan
over a year ago

Sunderland

As mentioned earlier, I think a call to the local council would be a good idea. He's not getting the hint at the moment and obviously is happy in his ignorant belief that its a grass verge. An "official" letter from the council may make him see the error of his ways!

over a year ago

Get some dog repelent from the local pet shop, the type to stop the dog fouling and mix it with pepper and mustard powder, sprinkle it all over the grass in the dogs fave place, and it will stop with no lasting effects on the dog

over a year ago

[ive got to say if it were my bit of grass he was letting his dog foul id be most upset

especially after speaking to him nicely & getting no further forward!!

calling the council isnt petty in my eyes, id rather do that than pick it up for him

cheeky blighter

over a year ago

I have taken to collecting the said dog mess and returning it to his porch... (He has no frontage) u were polite lol

aint he lucky lol id return it 2

right across his fore head pmsl

over a year ago

I feckin hate that sort of thing.

We live opposite the seafront and walk our dog there.

We sometimes wonder if we're the only buggers who clean up after their dog.

We've even offered bags to other owners as they were just about to walk away,which they accepted sheepishly and at times reluctantly.Lazy bastards!!!!

XXXX

over a year ago

shoot the dog! problem solved permenant! any shit (pardon the pun) lol.. from the owner let him have the second barrell...

over a year ago

video him as the dog does what it does and send it to the local envirometal department at your council and they will deal with him by way of a fixed penalty.

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Notts put the dog sxxt in a brown paper bag, place on his doorstep, light bag, ring doorbell and retire to a convenient place to watch him panic and try and put the flames out only to get covered in dog pooh.

over a year ago

just buy a rotty

watch him shit on the grass when he see's it lol

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Notts put the dog sxxt in a brown paper bag, place on his doorstep, light bag, ring doorbell and retire to a convenient place to watch him panic and try and put the flames out only to get covered in dog pooh. "

Hmmmmm..... you have a mis-spent youth too?

over a year ago

I had that problem about 15 years ago when I lived on a council estate with my ex partner.

Lucky for me, a fishing catapult, and free pebbledashing of the owners house put a halt to the dog crap on my bit of grass!

Tony

over a year ago

"Notts put the dog sxxt in a brown paper bag, place on his doorstep, light bag, ring doorbell and retire to a convenient place to watch him panic and try and put the flames out only to get covered in dog pooh. "

My luck they'd try and pin arson on me lol... Learning to be careful these days lol. A more restrained, considered.. thoughtful Notts is at large lol...

over a year ago

"I had that problem about 15 years ago when I lived on a council estate with my ex partner.

Lucky for me, a fishing catapult, and free pebbledashing of the owners house put a halt to the dog crap on my bit of grass!

Tony "

Tony.. Having met you, I'm shocked lol...

over a year ago

IF you really want to teach him a lesson then feed the dog laxatives in the middle of the night through the letterbox. In the morning he will have a nice surprise. Not that I would condone such a practice or have ever carried out such a task I hasten to add.

over a year ago

"I had that problem about 15 years ago when I lived on a council estate with my ex partner.

Tony

Tony.. Having met you, I'm shocked lol... "

Normally I keep myself to myself but I asked this guy nicely to stop and just got a load of abuse

After I stepped in it a few days later and without realizing walked it though my house, that was the last straw!

So yep, was just returning lost property!

Have you seen how shit spreads when it hits a wall at force

Tony

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

its only fair if a deposit is made it is returned with intrest!

over a year ago

Paul heard me arguing with a guy who had allowed his dog to poo on our drive. The guy was rude and said the dog had to go somewhere and he walked off to my mild abuse. Paul came from the garden with a shovel and scooped it up, followed the chap to his house and threw it through his open door saying "I think this belongs to you" ... never happened again lol

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Paul heard me arguing with a guy who had allowed his dog to poo on our drive. The guy was rude and said the dog had to go somewhere and he walked off to my mild abuse. Paul came from the garden with a shovel and scooped it up, followed the chap to his house and threw it through his open door saying "I think this belongs to you" ... never happened again lol "

Fantastic - that took some guts! People like that are also usually the first to complain if someone else does something they don't like - wish I'd have seen that tho!

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Paul heard me arguing with a guy who had allowed his dog to poo on our drive. The guy was rude and said the dog had to go somewhere and he walked off to my mild abuse. Paul came from the garden with a shovel and scooped it up, followed the chap to his house and threw it through his open door saying "I think this belongs to you" ... never happened again lol "

fan bloomin tastik!

over a year ago

I tried to reply privately but can't as I am a sillhouette anyway ...... Don't do any of the things you are anyone else are 'jokingly' threatening.

If you put dog shit on his premises ( even his own dog's shit ) he can reverse the tables and use the law against you. REPORT HIM.

By *evadomCouple
over a year ago

birmingham

The only thing you are doing wrong is not making sure he gets it back...I would put it through his letter box

over a year ago

"Notts put the dog sxxt in a brown paper bag, place on his doorstep, light bag, ring doorbell and retire to a convenient place to watch him panic and try and put the flames out only to get covered in dog pooh.

"

Was going to suggest the same...I have a dog and it really frustrates me that other owners insist on leaving their dog shit behind...grrrr

and also the stupid sods who think smashing bottles in the street/park is big and clever...raging now...off for a lie down

over a year ago

"Notts put the dog sxxt in a brown paper bag, place on his doorstep, light bag, ring doorbell and retire to a convenient place to watch him panic and try and put the flames out only to get covered in dog pooh.

i was goin to suggest that!

or crap on his grass see how he likes it

or go over give him pooper scooper and bag and wait till he picks it up!

our council issues 50 quid fines x

Was going to suggest the same...I have a dog and it really frustrates me that other owners insist on leaving their dog shit behind...grrrr

and also the stupid sods who think smashing bottles in the street/park is big and clever...raging now...off for a lie down "

over a year ago

Nope, you should get a medal infact

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I did this when i was married, some guy always let his dog shit outside our door on the pavement. I picked it up one day, took it to his front step put the bag down and a note saying next time id put it through the letterbox

over a year ago

There are some ignorant people about I know but sometimes you have to be a little bit careful how you handle things.

If it was me I would first off find the relevant law on the net and print it out posting it through his letterbox with a note pointing out that it does not matter where his dog does the business it is his job as a caring owner to pick it up and dispose of it the right way.

If after this he still ignores it then is the time to get someone else to film him and his dog doing it as he might ask to see the footage and will tell from the angle where the clip was shot from.

I know it seems a little over the top to get someone else to do the filming but as you still have to live opposite him it just stops the tit for tat that sometimes happens after such problems as in feuds that can spring up from it.

Just my suggestion to always try other methods before getting the law in

over a year ago

i would place it in a bucket add a pint or two of water, then throw it on his porch, im sure he would love it........some plp are so disrespectful. hope he takes note of your wishes soon xx

over a year ago

"I know it seems a little over the top to get someone else to do the filming but as you still have to live opposite him it just stops the tit for tat that sometimes happens after such problems as in feuds that can spring up from it.

Just my suggestion to always try other methods before getting the law in "

Tit for Tat... Not worried about that, told him he's a twat after the first few times... It may just come to rubbing his nose in it if he comes over again.. never mind what angle lol...

over a year ago

If your really having a problem then a solicitors letter always works especially if you have photographs.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/09/09 20:31:05]

over a year ago

you can also find out from your local council where the wardens patrol and give them the times he usually does the dirty deed...in our area i have seen quite a few ppl been given fines from wardens, and it can be upto £1,000........

over a year ago

know it is petty and futile but have to admit would be very tempted to leave a gillian mkkeith style sample of your own excrement or even some lovely rat poison laced dog treats out as long as you know what time of day he comes to call - then you can send a witty condolence card

over a year ago

"you can also find out from your local council where the wardens patrol and give them the times he usually does the dirty deed...in our area i have seen quite a few ppl been given fines from wardens, and it can be upto £1,000........ "

Tends to be late... he gets home from the pub maybe, has to water the dog, can't be arsed going far .. fair enough... but when the dog does a dump he shuffles off rather than face the deed... I have mentioned a few times.

Think I'll go with the rub his nose in it option... Works for the dog and they can be really dumb eh...

over a year ago

yes i ageree....go for it lol xx

Post new Message to Thread