Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Confusing plumbing

Jump to newest

By *litterbabe OP   Woman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I could do with somebody's advice if you possibly know the answer!

My washing machine and dishwasher are connected to the same waste pipe near the sink.

Recently after I've used the washing machine there is water collecting in the bottom of the dishwasher and I I can't possibly work out why. If somebody knows the answer and could enlighten me I would be very grateful!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hatsthisMan
over a year ago

Newcastle

If its only started doing it id suggest a possible blockage in the U bend .

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

The waste hose from a dishwasher or a washing machine should go up to the same height as the sink overflow then down to the connection. That way water can't run back into the machine.

By *arooned64Man
over a year ago

dudley

Sounds like drain pump blockage. Should be a small entry door at the bottom of the machine... open this and clean it out...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Sounds like a blockage

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Thank you I'm going to see if I can find a blockage anywhere that I can easily remove.

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

"I could do with somebody's advice if you possibly know the answer!

My washing machine and dishwasher are connected to the same waste pipe near the sink.

Recently after I've used the washing machine there is water collecting in the bottom of the dishwasher and I I can't possibly work out why. If somebody knows the answer and could enlighten me I would be very grateful! "

This is a real problem andvnot a euphemism for something else? Is it?

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Recently after I've used the washing machine there is water collecting in the bottom of the dishwasher and I I can't possibly work out why. If somebody knows the answer and could enlighten me I would be very grateful!

This is a real problem andvnot a euphemism for something else? Is it?"

It is a real problem, not a euphemism!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

This is a real problem andvnot a euphemism for something else? Is it?

It is a real problem, not a euphemism!! "

if you read it as a euphemism it’s very funny

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

So we've opened a little circular thing on the front of the clothes washing machine, quite a lot of water came out and just a few hairs, there's no blockage in there

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

We have now took the u-bend under the sink and there's no blockage in.

I wouldn't have thought there was though because the water from the sink is running through the u-bend and draining as it should.

By *yx_InannaWoman
over a year ago

Burslem

The waste pipe sounds blocked or ineffective. I had the backup issue because the exit pipe was too high so I hack sawed off 4 inches.

You're running 2 items and if the water isn't draining quick enough through waste pipe it has to have somewhere to go so I suggest investing in a plumbing snake and run through the pipes checking where there's a blockage or kink if pipe is flexible. Something in the pipe will reduce its ability to drain drastically it doesn't need to be fully blocked. Like something in the sink plug hole slows the drain same with the pipe needs to be completely cleared. A lot of crap comes from both machines it builds up over time dirt, fluff, hair and if you got kids could be anything. Mines been blocked with stuff from pockets; hairclips, feathers, pebbles, tissues etc no idea how they manage from the drum to the pipes but it's a nightmare when eventually your washing machine overflows from the actual machine not waste pipe (that was just a feather in the drainage propeller)

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Do you use powder or liquid in either machine?

over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"The waste pipe sounds blocked or ineffective. I had the backup issue because the exit pipe was too high so I hack sawed off 4 inches.

You're running 2 items and if the water isn't draining quick enough through waste pipe it has to have somewhere to go so I suggest investing in a plumbing snake and run through the pipes checking where there's a blockage or kink if pipe is flexible. Something in the pipe will reduce its ability to drain drastically it doesn't need to be fully blocked. Like something in the sink plug hole slows the drain same with the pipe needs to be completely cleared. A lot of crap comes from both machines it builds up over time dirt, fluff, hair and if you got kids could be anything. Mines been blocked with stuff from pockets; hairclips, feathers, pebbles, tissues etc no idea how they manage from the drum to the pipes but it's a nightmare when eventually your washing machine overflows from the actual machine not waste pipe (that was just a feather in the drainage propeller)"

Thank you so much, I've just ordered a drains make.

I use powder in my clothes washing machine and a tablet in the dish washing machine.

When I have the dishwasher on it seems to drain fine, when I use the washing machine a few inches of water is collecting in the bottom of the dishwasher.

By *alldarksurreyMan
over a year ago

surrey

Is there a non return valve fitted to the dishwasher waste pipe and is it working properly?

By *istretchMan
over a year ago

leeds

Think they should be what looks like a small disc sitting on the inside of the main large pipe just after where washer is plumbed into it . Does it push fit or screw onto main waste ?

Post new Message to Thread