Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Illness recovery

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sometimes illness recovery is less about physical recovery and more psychological.

When you're emotionally flat or unsteady because of an illness, how do you bounce back?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Eat well, gentle exercise, self care.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I go to work, soon back to normal then.

over a year ago

Masturbate

over a year ago

Keep on moving, until it hurts, then stop for a bit.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Sometimes illness recovery is less about physical recovery and more psychological.

When you're emotionally flat or unsteady because of an illness, how do you bounce back?"

I'm a foodie so I set myself treat rewards for doing a task, nothing big but it must be special and that soon knocks me back into shape emotionally.

over a year ago

"Sometimes illness recovery is less about physical recovery and more psychological.

When you're emotionally flat or unsteady because of an illness, how do you bounce back?"

Some people never recover. And i dont just mean the terminally ill. Some can continue to live a long long life, yet never be the same.

over a year ago

Positive affirmation and little goals. You can eat an elephant, you just have to do it one bite at a time.

over a year ago

Some people can let their illness define them others can fight it and win ... a lot of illness recovery is about what the individual decides to do about it

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Some people can let their illness define them others can fight it and win ... a lot of illness recovery is about what the individual decides to do about it "

Sure. I'm trying to get out of a vicious migraine hangover at the moment. Trying to summon strength to make positive changes.

over a year ago

"Some people can let their illness define them others can fight it and win ... a lot of illness recovery is about what the individual decides to do about it

Sure. I'm trying to get out of a vicious migraine hangover at the moment. Trying to summon strength to make positive changes."

Sounds nasty

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Some people can let their illness define them others can fight it and win ... a lot of illness recovery is about what the individual decides to do about it

Sure. I'm trying to get out of a vicious migraine hangover at the moment. Trying to summon strength to make positive changes.

Sounds nasty "

Screaming pain for 48 hours, now I'm tired, weepy, can't concentrate and can't be arsed. Apparently it's still the migraine.

Step one, get through somehow. Step two, talk to the doctor to stop this shit in future.

over a year ago

Sounds nasty

Screaming pain for 48 hours, now I'm tired, weepy, can't concentrate and can't be arsed. Apparently it's still the migraine.

Step one, get through somehow. Step two, talk to the doctor to stop this shit in future."

Defo talk to doctor if you're having migraines! Do you have hyperextended knees?

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sounds nasty

Step one, get through somehow. Step two, talk to the doctor to stop this shit in future.

Defo talk to doctor if you're having migraines! Do you have hyperextended knees? "

Yes that's freaky

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Sounds nasty

Step one, get through somehow. Step two, talk to the doctor to stop this shit in future."

Migraines can be hideous and take days to recover from as so zapping.

For me I used to just switch off completely, take my pills, lay in bed (very dark room and silence) sleep lots and let the body just recover. Drink lots of water and rebuild my energy with small amounts of fruit, banana, grapes, melon

It was rare I got to this stage as learnt to recognise the early signs and triggers, then instead of trying to keep going to fight it, I would take myself off to bed.

Everyone is different in how they are triggered, affected and recovery. My father for example has suffered them almost daily for as ling as I can remember, he now has a series of pills to control it and now it doesn’t control his daily life.

It’s worth a chat with your GP as many ways to deal with it.

over a year ago

Just take time to recover. What really needs doing that can't wait for another week. Indulge your self, you have no motivation because your body is telling you it needs rest listen to it!

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Unfortunately my migraines are usually stress migraines. Deal with terrible thing then deal with terrible few days.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I never had a migraine in my life until i got pregnant then i had about 3 a week. Now i maybe get 4 a year what i tend to find though is i bounce back pretty quick as im so relived the pain is over. But the pain does drain you so you need to rest

over a year ago

Sounds nasty

Defo talk to doctor if you're having migraines! Do you have hyperextended knees?

Yes that's freaky "

We need to speak, professionally

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I get my kids to give me extra hugs and bask in pooch cuddles.

That and just getting rest, and going easy on yourself and not push yourself to do too much too soon. Eat good nutritious food, cosy up with a blankie and watch cheesy films.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

From my experience positive thinking helps an awful lot

over a year ago

over a year ago

Crohn’s disease took me out for about 5 months last time it flared up, just slowly building myself back up to normal everyday life just took time.

Acceptance of that is what helped rather than trying to be superhuman and recover in a few days.

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

I feel for you, migraines are awful...a friend of mine has had a constant migraine for almost 3 months now. Hospital admissions, lumber punctures, painkillers...nothing is curing it. They seem to have stopped looking for the issue though, which is frustrating.

over a year ago

I can sympathise, I’ve just been told my diverticulitis is inflamed and I’ve got to go for tests to see how much and what treatment I’m going to need.

It’s taken 2 years to get the diagnosis, I’ve been living with incredible pain so glad to know what it is. X

over a year ago

When my condition flares I have to mentally prepare for the psychological backlash.

It really does affect my moods.

I just have to withdraw, be kind to me and tell myself it will pass

By *ntrigued32Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Step by step.

There's no rush.

Jo.Xx

over a year ago

I'm living with constant pain at the moment. Its exhausting.

Unfortunately I cant take any time off work as I dont get sick pay and there is no such thing as light duties in my profession.

I'm in tears by the end of the day. Not sure how much more I can take?

I have to get up, put a smile on my face and fight through the pain.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Sleep, drink water, eat fruit. I don’t get ill very often but I do get bad headaches a lot.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Rest. Slow down and keep life simple. All of the good things that I love, get introduced at a steady pace. I do see illness as a great signpost to get back to basics.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Fake it till you make it...

I pretend I'm perfectly fine, do everything I would normally do and don't think about feeling sub-par. Before too long, I've forgotten I was ever poorly.

Cal

Post new Message to Thread