Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A favourite child

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you have children, do you have a favourite?

Do you make it known, or try to hide it?

Do you love the favourite more, or do you love them all equally?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My mum keeps telling me she doesn't have a favourite.

Which is horrible because I'm an only child

over a year ago

Yep i sure do hes too young to know it yet and the others clearly suspect it

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I have 4 kids and a grandson. God forbid me picking a favourite.

over a year ago

I would necessarily say favourite but I have a stronger bond with my daughter over my twin boys. She was my longed for baby who arrived after 5 years of trying to conceive and 3 rounds of IVF. All of that makes her a little more special to me

over a year ago

My mum tells us (I’m one of four) that my husband is the favourite child.

I’m just trying to understand. As my husband isn’t the favourite (he’s one of two) and it is made very known...

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I do have a favourite, yes. My oldest. I had extremely severe postnatal depression after having him, and can’t remember most of his baby/toddler years.

It’s hard to explain, but I feel he and I have a special bond. And we are the most similar in personality.

I love my 3 children equally, but my teenager is my favourite. I’ve never admitted it to them though...

By *rMrsBrightsideCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

It changes daily depending on how annoying they each are

over a year ago

"My mum keeps telling me she doesn't have a favourite.

Which is horrible because I'm an only child "

This

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"I would necessarily say favourite but I have a stronger bond with my daughter over my twin boys. She was my longed for baby who arrived after 5 years of trying to conceive and 3 rounds of IVF. All of that makes her a little more special to me "

over a year ago

No, I would say my relationship is different with each of them and as with all relationships things ebb and flow, our bonds change depending on things like who needs me most, who is showing more affection or their behaviour in general.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

3 girls no fave of course , but they all think one of the others is our fave

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

My favourite is the one who is behaving at that moment in time

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Hand on heart, no.

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

Not got a favourite out of my 2 boys but I definitely try and keep the youngest as is little as possible as he'll be my last

By *elnkazCouple
over a year ago

cheshire

I dont have a favourite child..my grandkids are my favourite !! K

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

My brother was the favourite- he was the heir and I was the spare. It was always obvious.

By *azza80Woman
over a year ago

Your wildest Dreams

I have 6 kids and none of them is my favourite, I do have a stronger bond with my eldest (she is nearly 22yrs old) we are more like sisters/best friends rather than mother and daughter. She is my mini-me, same personality and way of thinking. She even video calls me when out clothes shopping so I can help her choose All my children have different personalities and I love the fact my oldest 3 will always come to me for advice on anything from relationships/sex down to what to eat for their dinner lol..they don't live at home anymore, flew the nest so to speak xx

over a year ago

"If you have children, do you have a favourite?

Do you make it known, or try to hide it?

Do you love the favourite more, or do you love them all equally?"

I have four children and when they ask who I love the best I tell them I don't like any of them. I used to make them fight for "child of the week". Whoever was best behaved got to be my profile picture. So they were the favourite. But if truth be told . The baby of the family. We have a stronger bond because another child never came along and pushed her off my lap. I tell her she's my favourite because you always like your new things the best. Haha. They all have a good sense of humour and know they are all loved for different reasons as individuals. My daughter once said to me if you die I want to die too. I said okay. If I fall off a boat and I'm drowning , I'll pull you under with me. If I ever fall off a boat I don't think she'll be the one coming to save my arse , just in case . .

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

No. Just the thought of favouring either of my children is unpalatable They're different and unique in their own ways and though one may have easier traits than the other to deal with and vice versa, I could never play favourites with either. Love them both in equal measure

over a year ago

Children are great. At different ages you’ll enjoy their company in different ways. Sometimes really fucking challenging annoying ways...

By *azza80Woman
over a year ago

Your wildest Dreams

"Children are great. At different ages you’ll enjoy their company in different ways. Sometimes really fucking challenging annoying ways... "

Hahaha yep I am getting this with my littluns now, ages 6, 8 and 10yrs old They all compete with each other over everything, always in competition to be the best or no1 x

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I love them both the same but in different ways. I'm closer to my daughter as I had a horrible time before I conceived her, during the pregnancy and after I had her. She's like my shadow x

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Hand on heart, no.

Mrs TMN x"

Agreed xx

over a year ago

Loving them all equally low-key sounds like communism to me. We'll have none of that in this house.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

No favourite, but i’m more protective of my youngest as he has ASD and some people can be right unkind.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

No I don't have a favourite but I do love different aspects of each of them.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I love mine equally however I do have a favourite step child, that's due to their attitude towards me more than anything.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

I don't have any children, but if I did my favourite would always be the dog(s) anyway.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Yes, the one I hate is in a kennel in the garden

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I find it’s more that they have different needs. What 1 sees as favouritism of the other is in reality the other needed me more at that time. There is a good age gap, the eldest is more independent....

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

My sons both have their own quirks which I love them for equally, I couldn’t possibly put one above the other, I love them both the same

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

A good parent shouldn't play favourites unless they really want to fuck with their kids self worth.

By all means you may prefer one kid, but you shouldn't make it known to them or their siblings.

over a year ago

Only the one kid....but the pooch is my favourite (only joking)

over a year ago

I only have one child so don’t have a favourite

My mum has 5 grandchildren and my son is her favourite.

She says it’s because she saw him regularly growing up, my brother and sister live further away, so she’s always had a close bond with my son.

over a year ago

My Mum will freely and frequently tell people I'm her favourite of three.

Sometimes it's nice but you do sometimes get assumption from other people with siblings

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

I love all my 3 equally....My other 2 joke about my middle child being favourite but he is just less independent so needs me more...

over a year ago

Yep depends how well behaved they are but with a teen daughter im her favorite when she wants money ha

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

I (her) have 2 children, a grownup daughter and a pre teen son.

My daughter claims that my son is the golden child, she compares herself to him and says I practised on her and created the perfect child in him... she doesn't realise they are both perfect to me.

I conceived naturally for her (and a bit too quickly) but went through 7 years of fertility treatment for my son. I don't think this has any bearing on my level of love for them.

I was 22 having my oldest and 32 having my youngest. My daughter sees me as a much more chilled out, easy going, fun to be around mum with my son, compared to her childhood. This is partly to do with being in an unhappy marriage, this obviously affected me as a person even though I tried to hide the problems from the children, the effects of the relationship impacted on me. My current relationship has given me my zest for fun and both of my children see that, thankfully my son will grow up with a happier mum.

I have a different relationship with each child, my daughter is an adult, like my best friend, extremely close and very open. My son still needs his mum to guide him, to set rules and boundaries. I am enjoying teaching him life skills, although he really doesn't want to learn them

So back to your question OP, no I don't favour one child more than the other. I love them both but differently because they are different people

over a year ago

Don't like any of my kids....is that wrong ?

over a year ago

Don't particularly like either of them haha!

I could never have a favorite child. They are both my dearest friends and my reason for living each and every day. I love them equally for the amazing, unique human beings they are. Even if they do drive me crazy most days

S x

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Our two are chalk & cheese but they are mirrors of us the eldest is H the youngest is me & we bash heads with ourselves all the time

So not favourites as such just different. Our eldest is quiet & studious, gets looked after a bit more as she was very ill when little & it will affect her whole life. The younger one is just a fearless tomboy forever getting in scrapes.

S

over a year ago

Nope, love my boys equally but in different ways because they are individuals

My eldest is my rock, he is the sensitive, practical independant sensible one.

My youngest is 24 and I still treat him like a child, he is academic, logical, loving and thougtful.

Saying that both are Mamma's boys.

My Mother made no secret of my Brothers being her favourites, she used to tell me I was unwanted.

There was no way I was ever going to make either of my boys feel 2nd best or favourited.

over a year ago

I have two children and I think you have favourites for different things, but ultimately I live them both the same

over a year ago

Depends on the day!!!

over a year ago

"A good parent shouldn't play favourites unless they really want to fuck with their kids self worth.

By all means you may prefer one kid, but you shouldn't make it known to them or their siblings.

"

over a year ago

"A good parent shouldn't play favourites unless they really want to fuck with their kids self worth.

"

Yep

Post new Message to Thread