FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When you get to that can’t be arsed stage...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

It’s off the back of being consistently let down 3 times within 10 days. I was bummed out and felt down at the time it happened but now I’m back in that can’t be arsed feeling.

Like I’m not speaking to anyone 1 on 1. I’m not making plans to meet anyone and it’s just easier when I don’t have my fingers in any pies.

I suppose I’ve pulled the drawbridge up now, there’s crocodiles in my moat and archers have lit the tips of their arrows and are ready to keep people out of the castle that is my heart and mind.

Anyone feel the same?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

I’m pretty much just chatting unless someone drops their clothes and jumps on me.

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Yup. Right back at you. Many many dreamers wanting talk about it but the minute you mention let’s meet. OMG I’ve never seen folk run so fast.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Oh come on.

Not all of us are like that.

I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but I've also never let anyone down.

There's plenty of nice people on here, so don't let the minority ruin what can be a lovely place.

Big hugs.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hit that all the time. Nothing to do with time wasters though. More to do with rejections

over a year ago

This is pretty much how I feel about meeting new guys.

Especially since the last new guy I met started to show a jealous side which I didnt like.

I generally either dont meet or only entertain guys I've met before

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I hit that all the time. Nothing to do with time wasters though. More to do with rejections"

Trust me, you get used to rejections after the first few...... Dozen

over a year ago

"I hit that all the time. Nothing to do with time wasters though. More to do with rejections

Trust me, you get used to rejections after the first few...... Dozen "

I've been here a good while. I've had more than enough. Its why I don't search and message people anymore

By *manaWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"It’s off the back of being consistently let down 3 times within 10 days. I was bummed out and felt down at the time it happened but now I’m back in that can’t be arsed feeling.

Like I’m not speaking to anyone 1 on 1. I’m not making plans to meet anyone and it’s just easier when I don’t have my fingers in any pies.

I suppose I’ve pulled the drawbridge up now, there’s crocodiles in my moat and archers have lit the tips of their arrows and are ready to keep people out of the castle that is my heart and mind.

Anyone feel the same?"

Yes and quite often. I tend to stop chatting and keep a backseat until I'm feeling better about it all xx

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I'm not trying to kiss anyone's arse, but it so infuriating when such lovely people are being let down.

over a year ago

Like even if I did entertain the idea of meeting someone new I’m too frightened to even make an ounce of effort cos the more effort you make the more you feel let down. I’ll be going to meet them with a buzzing fanny, jogging buttons on, flip flops and baked bean stains down the front of my t shirt.

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I'm at that stage now.

over a year ago

It's disheartening when you put effort in and it goes nowhere, I'm sorry that you keep getting let down, but it's something that we all go through at various stages.

I don't actively look to meet anyone because of it, I'd rather play the waiting game, if someone happens to show interest, I don't put much weight to it unless it leads to an actual meet, but it's rare that happens, so in those instances, I'm not then left frustrated or disappointed.

I can't understand why these men don't meet you, I guess only they can answer that question, but it's a shame it's left you feeling as you have, hopefully the right man comes along that restores your faith.

over a year ago

"Like even if I did entertain the idea of meeting someone new I’m too frightened to even make an ounce of effort cos the more effort you make the more you feel let down. I’ll be going to meet them with a buzzing fanny, jogging buttons on, flip flops and baked bean stains down the front of my t shirt. "

Baked bean stains you say

over a year ago

"I'm not trying to kiss anyone's arse, but it so infuriating when such lovely people are being let down. "

I know, I'm the best guy on here and still get told no.

What is this world coming to

over a year ago

"I'm not trying to kiss anyone's arse, but it so infuriating when such lovely people are being let down.

What is this world coming to"

Stop chatting to fakes and lesbians then

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"I'm not trying to kiss anyone's arse, but it so infuriating when such lovely people are being let down.

What is this world coming to"

Some women obviously don't know what best for them. Tut tut.

over a year ago

we feel the same, so many let downs on here, we have kind of stoped looking

By *mileysimieMan
over a year ago

tewkesbury

"It’s off the back of being consistently let down 3 times within 10 days. I was bummed out and felt down at the time it happened but now I’m back in that can’t be arsed feeling.

Anyone feel the same?"

Exactly the same, and it is sometimes frustrating that you see somebody who you like but the age range is just a little shy of yours by a year or two

You could try just increasing your maximum age range just a little because you never know you could be Pleasantly surprised

By *hysoseriouslyMan
over a year ago

Kent

I hear you.

I’ve had two meets over the last six months and been let down several times. Now recovering from sepsis over Christmas so I find it easier to just hang in the forums and not try to get meets here or other sites.

So yeah. Just feel like I can’t be arsed to get back on the horse (other nicknames are available) at the moment

over a year ago

Stop chatting to fakes and lesbians then"

All women on here are fakes or lesbians

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I want to be arsed, but real life gets in the way and to me that's more important. I think I'm worth waiting for, or at least I used to think that.

For this reason I just use the forums and chat to friends. Without these I would have gone a long time ago.

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Completely know how you feel too. X

over a year ago

Some women obviously don't know what best for them. Tut tut. "

They really don't know what they're missing

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Some women obviously don't know what best for them. Tut tut.

They really don't know what they're missing"

I get ya. I mean look at me.

I am that wonderful I had to be put in a bigger body, just to cope with all the wonderfulness

over a year ago

I'm not meeting anymore as Iv got the best man ever.

Before I met him I was definitely at the same stage as you OP.

What I will say though is I'm very glad I did let my barriers down otherwise I would missed out on meeting the love of my life

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I'm not meeting anymore as Iv got the best man ever.

What I will say though is I'm very glad I did let my barriers down otherwise I would missed out on meeting the love of my life "

That's lovely

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

"Like even if I did entertain the idea of meeting someone new I’m too frightened to even make an ounce of effort cos the more effort you make the more you feel let down. I’ll be going to meet them with a buzzing fanny, jogging buttons on, flip flops and baked bean stains down the front of my t shirt. "

Last time I arranged to meet someone I didn't bother getting ready at all. I'd have been well knackered trying to get ready in two minutes if he'd actually shown up.

As it happened, it wasn't an issue, because he didn't.

Its not through fear of being let down with me though, it's laziness. I'm not starting to get ready unless I'm really confident something will happen - otherwise I'd spend my entire life waxing and plucking and shaving for no earthly reason. Who has time for that?

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

What I will say though is I'm very glad I did let my barriers down otherwise I would missed out on meeting the love of my life "

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

It's pretty much why I only do club meets now. Got sick of being let down by people on here after sending ages to get ready. Now I just tell them to meet me in a club. If they turn up then all good. If they don't then so be it. Still lots of other people to play with instead.

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

This is why I just have a couple of regular fwb. So many on here who are all talk but no meet or even worse just want to hurt and put you down

over a year ago

I have 1 lady whome I hope to meet regularly and am still hoping for another 1 or 2. I'm not being that proactive though, when I'm on here I'm pretty much replying to friends or writing on threads. I haven't had a no show yet when I have arranged socials but I'd probably be feeling exactly as you are op if I kept getting let down.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"This is why I just have a couple of regular fwb. So many on here who are all talk but no meet or even worse just want to hurt and put you down "

It's a crazy place at times. Crazy

By *aughty_builder87Man
over a year ago

Keston

Anyone feel the same?"

Wait someone let you down? Normally its girls that get a better offer that let us guys down. Mad

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Yup gave up years ago. Just annoy people and keep an eye on the neighbors now.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Same here. I meet new people through friends and socials now. Pretty much given up on 1-1 meets or even 1-1 socials. I still like to use the forums and cam rooms too. It's great for keeping in touch with friends too.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Anyone feel the same?

Exactly the same, and it is sometimes frustrating that you see somebody who you like but the age range is just a little shy of yours by a year or two

You could try just increasing your maximum age range just a little because you never know you could be Pleasantly surprised"

Age is no guarantee that they will meet. I've found this to be the case from all ages when I had a much wider age range than I do now. May as well stick to the ages range I actually want to meet. People will waste your time whatever age they are. I'm guessing you are also out of a lot of those ranges, hence your post?

over a year ago

I’ve increased my lower age range to 31 as I found most the 30 year olds were lying about their age and actually a lot younger.

over a year ago

Going gym, love Island and Witcher 3 has my attention right now

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I’ve increased my lower age range to 31 as I found most the 30 year olds were lying about their age and actually a lot younger. "

Don’t think the age filters do much good myself. Anyone can be flaky or an arse at any age. Plus you can just change your age

over a year ago

"I’ve increased my lower age range to 31 as I found most the 30 year olds were lying about their age and actually a lot younger. "

Yes Iv found this a few times.

It's to get round age filters.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

The social meets I organise via Fab are usually done so in association with my travels relating to work / my profession.

Staying away in hotels can be somewhat of a lonely existence and, thus, it's great to combine this necessity with meeting and establishing new friends / friendships.

I approach the whole thing with zero expectation and almost expect a cancellation beforehand - just the nature of the beast I guess. On those occasions where a meet has come to fruition, I've always had a great time making new acquaintances over a drink or a bite to eat.

A 'no show' without prior notification has only happened the once, spanning a twelve month period, and isn't pleasant I agree.

Chin up OP and best wishes x

over a year ago

Kind of. At the moment I'm happiest sticking with existing fwbs. There's times you need to step out of your comfort zone but it's best for me to stay in mine right now.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?"

Yes I'm definitely at that stage, I've had some horrible experiences too with a meet that didn't go exactly to plan and a guy who wouldn't stop messaging me and even tried a new profile after I blocked. I know there are great people on here but it's pot luck as to who you'll meet.

Just wondering whether a lot of us who have high sex drives are also dealing with a lot of stress and the sex would ideally allivate that but in this place it can end up making it worse

No photos, minimal profile for now. The draw bridge is shut x

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I wish you'd raise your higher age too lol

over a year ago

Yep same here haven't been pushing anything for months mostly here now for forum send off message but as always no answer but does make me chuckle still

over a year ago

I got stood up for lunch by someone who still messages me the same copy and pasted into message everytime he creates a new account- Clearly forgetting that he stood me up.

It’s the only time it’s happened so I try not to judge everyone by his standards but it is always at the back of my mind.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Think that's perfectly reasonable if your suffer multiple disappointments especially in a short time span. You need to draw back and give yourself some time either to rethink your approach or just have a break. It'll pass

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Anyone feel the same?"

You should make it alligators in your moat. They are freshwater creatures whereas crocodiles live in the sea.

Sorry if that's too literal.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"The social meets I organise via Fab are usually done so in association with my travels relating to work / my profession.

Staying away in hotels can be somewhat of a lonely existence and, thus, it's great to combine this necessity with meeting and establishing new friends / friendships.

I approach the whole thing with zero expectation and almost expect a cancellation beforehand - just the nature of the beast I guess. On those occasions where a meet has come to fruition, I've always had a great time making new acquaintances over a drink or a bite to eat.

A 'no show' without prior notification has only happened the once, spanning a twelve month period, and isn't pleasant I agree.

Chin up OP and best wishes x"

For similar reasons I would agree

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Anyone feel the same?"

Is fab the best place to be at present if you feel detached from it OP?

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

You should make it alligators in your moat. They are freshwater creatures whereas crocodiles live in the sea.

Sorry if that's too literal. "

Nah I want the big fuckers the saltwater crocs they can live in any open water, rivers, swamps, moats.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

Anyone feel the same?

Nah I want the big fuckers the saltwater crocs they can live in any open water, rivers, swamps, moats.

"

Plus Alligators are not aggressive enough.

Those saltwater crocs are bad tempered feckers.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

Those saltwater crocs are bad tempered feckers. "

Yep and I’d be down there every morning poking them with my broom to get them all riled up and ready to rip the testicles off the next knob head that pisses me off.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

Anyone feel the same?

Yep and I’d be down there every morning poking them with my broom to get them all riled up and ready to rip the testicles off the next knob head that pisses me off. "

South Wales sounds a scary place.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

Yep and I’d be down there every morning poking them with my broom to get them all riled up and ready to rip the testicles off the next knob head that pisses me off.

"

It is, we’re all fucking nuts here. I just ate a pain au chocolat really aggressively, was pretending I was ripping chunks of man flesh. That’s where I’m at now. Full dragon mode!

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

It is, we’re all fucking nuts here. I just ate a pain au chocolat really aggressively, was pretending I was ripping chunks of man flesh. That’s where I’m at now. Full dragon mode! "

That reminds me of the "man flesh is on the menu" or whatever it is in Lord of the Rings, how do Orcs know what a menu is? Are there Orc restaurants?

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I'm glad I'm not French.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

It is, we’re all fucking nuts here. I just ate a pain au chocolat really aggressively, was pretending I was ripping chunks of man flesh. That’s where I’m at now. Full dragon mode!

That reminds me of the "man flesh is on the menu" or whatever it is in Lord of the Rings, how do Orcs know what a menu is? Are there Orc restaurants? "

Sure he says “looks like meats back on the menu boys” before devouring one of their own.

I’m such a fucking geek!

By *zreal_rdgMan
over a year ago

Reading

Anyone feel the same?"

Sometimes this feels very much like an uphill battle.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

That reminds me of the "man flesh is on the menu" or whatever it is in Lord of the Rings, how do Orcs know what a menu is? Are there Orc restaurants?

Sure he says “looks like meats back on the menu boys” before devouring one of their own.

I’m such a fucking geek!"

Point still stands, how do they know what a menu is?

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I’ve done the same with my undies OP

over a year ago

Chin up OP, it doesn’t last for long

over a year ago

Gave up ages ago. I leave it be. Just here for the forums and the odd perve.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I'm at that point too, I'm not trying to arrange any meets etc, I just can't be arsed.

over a year ago

"Gave up ages ago. I leave it be. Just here for the forums and the odd perve. "

Same now

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Gave up ages ago. I leave it be. Just here for the forums and the odd perve.

Same now "

Ditto, although I’d shag you bandy if you really wanted it, I always help my friends out.

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Never give up on your dreams and desires.

There's the right person out there for you.

But I can't be everyone's dream man, sorry.

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Anyone feel the same?"

You can put your fingers in my pie if you like, but careful it’s hot. It’s steak and kidney.

over a year ago

Same now

Ditto, although I’d shag you bandy if you really wanted it, I always help my friends out. "

My names not bandy

By *iddlesticksMan
over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Same now

Ditto, although I’d shag you bandy if you really wanted it, I always help my friends out.

My names not bandy "

Doh, did I put bandy, I meant randy.

over a year ago

I get this. I'm lucky to have found a top guy on fab and we meet, but aside from that it just seems like too much effort.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Anyone feel the same?"

Yep, We drove two hours to the Newport social Saturday had a couple of drinks just weren’t feeling sociable so we left popped into Maccies for a bite & drove two hours home. Nothing wrong with the social it was just us not being in the mood for a town centre pub & all the people.

If your not feeling it there’s little to be done there & then. You just need to step away & re evaluate what you really want & how best you might get it.

S

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

I’m sure everyone has gone through it OP. Take the time to step back and think how you’d like to play it.

Sometimes actively looking for something won’t bring the rewards, so just relax and enjoy the chat as you never know what might come along naturally rather than forced.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Yeah. Tired of being single. Too tired to do anything about it.

I’ve accepted the fact i’m going to die alone and get half eaten by cats.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"Yeah. Tired of being single. Too tired to do anything about it.

"

Get a cat flap fitted. At least you can avoid that bit.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Get a cat flap fitted. At least you can avoid that bit."

Or at least get eaten by strange cats you don’t know.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?"

Maybe it might be worth possibly organising a South Wales singles only social

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

Get a cat flap fitted. At least you can avoid that bit.

Or at least get eaten by strange cats you don’t know.

"

Less of a betrayal?

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Anyone feel the same?

Maybe it might be worth possibly organising a South Wales singles only social "

I'd come to a singles only social!

over a year ago

I’ve accepted the fact i’m going to die alone and get half eaten by cats."

Hey when you die and get eaten by starving domestic animals they go for soft tissue first so your tits and your fanny will get some attention! Silver linings!

If you’re ever at a loose end and close to Bridgend I’ll have a Chinese with you!

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Anyone feel the same?

I'd come to a singles only social! "

Now that is a good idea, if u hear of one being organised, plz invite me

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

Maybe it might be worth possibly organising a South Wales singles only social "

Reckon it would pick up much steam? I’d do it but wouldn’t want it to fail like.

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

I'd come to a singles only social! "

Socials for singles isn't something I've seen advertised in any of the forums, might be worth looking into, at least then, we can see who is genuine by who turn up,it would also be good for building new friendships if nothing else

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

Reckon it would pick up much steam? I’d do it but wouldn’t want it to fail like. "

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I've seen that normal socials only put a percentage of singles on the guest list, which is fair, but one aimed at only singles may be a good beginnings for many, I'd be happy to put the feelers out and even organise it, it's not something I've done before but I'm sure it won't be too difficult to achieve

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

Socials for singles isn't something I've seen advertised in any of the forums, might be worth looking into, at least then, we can see who is genuine by who turn up,it would also be good for building new friendships if nothing else "

Right obviously don’t say any locations public but we should maybe set up a kik group for us welshies to see if this is something we can do. I can do fucking beautiful buffets and put on a hell of a spread.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Anyone feel the same?

Socials for singles isn't something I've seen advertised in any of the forums, might be worth looking into, at least then, we can see who is genuine by who turn up,it would also be good for building new friendships if nothing else

Right obviously don’t say any locations public but we should maybe set up a kik group for us welshies to see if this is something we can do. I can do fucking beautiful buffets and put on a hell of a spread. "

I went out in Wrexham once and I've climbed Snowdon, does that qualify me enough for some party sausage rolls from't buffet?

By *oldyoudown41Man
over a year ago

caledonian

Anyone feel the same?"

Just returned to fab (had a break) for similar reasons

over a year ago

Anyone feel the same?

Right obviously don’t say any locations public but we should maybe set up a kik group for us welshies to see if this is something we can do. I can do fucking beautiful buffets and put on a hell of a spread. "

I've just dropped you a message in regards to this

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Hey when you die and get eaten by starving domestic animals they go for soft tissue first so your tits and your fanny will get some attention! Silver linings!

If you’re ever at a loose end and close to Bridgend I’ll have a Chinese with you!"

noted! and thanks for them words of comfort!

over a year ago

Hence why we have to do club meets, let down city this place, too many keyboard fantasists.

By *ensual 2Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Anyone feel the same?"

Well thats the wonderful world of fab....

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I love this love story

Post new Message to Thread