Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

City slicker or country bumpkin

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Which of the two are you, and what do you like and or dislike about it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *kblueeyesCouple
over a year ago

kilkenny

Definitely love the country, peace and quiet no light pollution, beautiful views and nature what's not to love x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm a jolly happy country bumpkin. I love that after leaving my gate in in the beautiful Welsh countryside. And not far from the beach too . Hurrah

over a year ago

I used to be a city slicker but I know live in a little town in Oxfordshire and I love it, I wouldn’t change it for the world.

over a year ago

"Definitely love the country, peace and quiet no light pollution, beautiful views and nature what's not to love x"

So true, but a lot of people can take for granted. I do enjoy city breaks though..

over a year ago

Im a city boy with wildman tendencies i enjoy going camping trapping for my food but also like my home comforts too

By *orenzoVonMatterhornMan
over a year ago

Lincoln

Somewhere in between please. I like the greenery and quiet but I also enjoy having things to do and being able to see people. Suburbanite?

over a year ago

"I'm a jolly happy country bumpkin. I love that after leaving my gate in in the beautiful Welsh countryside. And not far from the beach too . Hurrah "

I'll be down in Wales thus summer, never been before, but looking forward to the scenery and hikes

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Definitely a country bumpkin

over a year ago

"Im a city boy with wildman tendencies i enjoy going camping trapping for my food but also like my home comforts too "

I'm ready to go shooting as we speak

over a year ago

"Somewhere in between please. I like the greenery and quiet but I also enjoy having things to do and being able to see people. Suburbanite? "

Haha, I'm quite lucky that i don't live too remote as to not see people lol

over a year ago

"Im a city boy with wildman tendencies i enjoy going camping trapping for my food but also like my home comforts too

I'm ready to go shooting as we speak "

good man good aim dude what u shooting

over a year ago

"Im a city boy with wildman tendencies i enjoy going camping trapping for my food but also like my home comforts too

I'm ready to go shooting as we speak good man good aim dude what u shooting "

Haha, not sure about aim, last time i was just over 4:1 shots. Pheasant and maybe the odd duck

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

I'm a country bumpkin that longs to be a city slicker.

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

I'm a country girl who happens to have been living in the big city for the last 13yrs.

Definitely a country bumpkin at heart though

over a year ago

always choose the countryside over cities any day,

over a year ago

I'm living in Plymouth but I'm a cornish country bumpkin and happy to be that way

over a year ago

I’m a country bumpkin, and I’m sticking with it.

I love it

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Somewhere in between please. I like the greenery and quiet but I also enjoy having things to do and being able to see people. Suburbanite? "

I'm the same, I have a foot in both worlds

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Oh I'm a city girl. The countryside makes me uneasy- I like streetlights and pavements and well-marked roads. I like the anonymity of a city and the fact there is so much going on all the time.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Bumpkin with occasional trips to the City.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

City (ish) girl but now live in the Welsh valleys, surrounded by mountains and beautiful walks. The City isn’t too far away, though not the one I grew up near and the beach is close should I fancy it.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Which of the two are you, and what do you like and or dislike about it. "

I dont fit into such a polarized false dichotomy

over a year ago

"Which of the two are you, and what do you like and or dislike about it.

I dont fit into such a polarized false dichotomy "

Well I'm sure no one does, quite a few answers are mixed. I myself wouldn't pick one or the other, but definitely lean more to country bumpkin.

By *un130Man
over a year ago

inverness / highlands

Country bumpkin all the way , I can handle city’s for short breaks there is just to many people rushing about for full time city life

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I've been both.

A decade in the big smoke, then suburbia, then home counties.

Now in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Can't beat the countryside.

Wouldn't go back in a lifetime.

A

over a year ago

Lived in London for the first thirty years of my life. Still ridiculously excited by the sight of a wild rabbit and thrilled by the bats and birds of prey I see. I never want to live anywhere too urban again, I want to have as much wildlife around me as possible. It's incredibly good for me.

over a year ago

I get irritable if I go to a town

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Born & raised in London but gradually moved out further & further in the countryside now pretty much wilderness, We can go days where the only sounds are owls at night & red kites & crows during the day...

Suits us just fine

S

over a year ago

I would be a city slicker I suppose, but I'll head into the country at every opportunity. I would much prefer to live in the country but still close enough to the city to be able to get to the bigger shops, restaurants and bars without too much fuss. The views in the country and the lack of traffic and slightly slower pace of life would suit me better

over a year ago

I’m a country bumpkin through and through unfortunately

over a year ago

"Born & raised in London but gradually moved out further & further in the countryside now pretty much wilderness, We can go days where the only sounds are owls at night & red kites & crows during the day...

Suits us just fine

S"

There's a big protected wooded area behind where I live, there's a huge rookery, lots of bats, a resident pair of what I think are sparrowhawks but might be red kites and I hear the owls calling at night and if I'm very lucky I'll see one flying silently above the trees. It doesn't get any less exciting, I'll never take it for granted.

over a year ago

And one day I'll realise my ambition to see a wild hare up close

over a year ago

Loving all the posts, loving how many people appreciating the city and country life in this beautiful country that is old blighty

over a year ago

Country Bumpkin through and through. We have owls roosting in the trees in in our garden, see buzzards, red kites and other raptors above our cottage. Give me countryside and solitude everyday of the week.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

"Born & raised in London but gradually moved out further & further in the countryside now pretty much wilderness, We can go days where the only sounds are owls at night & red kites & crows during the day...

Suits us just fine

S

There's a big protected wooded area behind where I live, there's a huge rookery, lots of bats, a resident pair of what I think are sparrowhawks but might be red kites and I hear the owls calling at night and if I'm very lucky I'll see one flying silently above the trees. It doesn't get any less exciting, I'll never take it for granted. "

Red kites are considerably bigger than sparrowhawks (nearly twice the size) and have a very distinctive forked tail. Often seen gliding in wide sweeping circles. Sparrowhawks are much more secretive birds that hunt in woods and hedgerows and like cover. More likely to be spotted sat still on a post/fence/roof or chasing a small bird at high speed.

over a year ago

Country Bumpkin. Been a City girl and worked at a private hospital in The Capital. I miss the job but not the crowds and the noise. I love my Hunter Wellies and Barbour jacket

over a year ago

"Country Bumpkin. Been a City girl and worked at a private hospital in The Capital. I miss the job but not the crowds and the noise. I love my Hunter Wellies and Barbour jacket "

Now that would be a sexy picture, in just your wellies and Barbour

over a year ago

I am something of a social chameleon and can blend in most places should the need arise. Although I'm a country boy at heart.

over a year ago

"And one day I'll realise my ambition to see a wild hare up close "

You aren't that far away.lots in the Cotswolds..

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Total country bumpkin, grew up on a farm, though I lived in an inner city area for 10 years, currently living in suburbia.

over a year ago

Suits us just fine

S

There's a big protected wooded area behind where I live, there's a huge rookery, lots of bats, a resident pair of what I think are sparrowhawks but might be red kites and I hear the owls calling at night and if I'm very lucky I'll see one flying silently above the trees. It doesn't get any less exciting, I'll never take it for granted.

Red kites are considerably bigger than sparrowhawks (nearly twice the size) and have a very distinctive forked tail. Often seen gliding in wide sweeping circles. Sparrowhawks are much more secretive birds that hunt in woods and hedgerows and like cover. More likely to be spotted sat still on a post/fence/roof or chasing a small bird at high speed. "

I've tried to identify the cry they make and I think they probably are kites. I see them gliding round on thermal currents. The rooks make a hell of a fuss and fly up to mob them sometimes.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

We like both , have lived in cities like London, Sydney, Dubai and find it stressful and then in very remote rural and coastal areas & feel too cut off. Currently live in the UK on the greenbelt 20mins walk into town and an hour from the peaks so it’s perfect. Just miss being by the sea especially in winter

over a year ago

"We like both , have lived in cities like London, Sydney, Dubai and find it stressful and then in very remote rural and coastal areas & feel too cut off. Currently live in the UK on the greenbelt 20mins walk into town and an hour from the peaks so it’s perfect. Just miss being by the sea especially in winter "

Where in Sydney were you?

By *nto My ArmsMan
over a year ago

Herts/London

Grew up a bumpkin, grew into a metropolitan, growing old in the country with the spirit of adventure urban life infused.

over a year ago

Im a country boy.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

We like to live in the country where it is quiet and beautiful, however we want access to a city for amenities etc.

By *VineMan
over a year ago

The right place

I am much more of a country bumpkin. I enjoy the occasional visit to big cities but I’m happiest up a mountain or on a beach.

over a year ago

I’m an islander. We’re a different breed altogether

over a year ago

"I’m an islander. We’re a different breed altogether "

Please let it be Craggy Island

over a year ago

"I’m an islander. We’re a different breed altogether

Please let it be Craggy Island "

Looks like rain, Ted

over a year ago

"Country Bumpkin. Been a City girl and worked at a private hospital in The Capital. I miss the job but not the crowds and the noise. I love my Hunter Wellies and Barbour jacket

Now that would be a sexy picture, in just your wellies and Barbour "

Never thought guys would find that sexy!

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Loving all the posts, loving how many people appreciating the city and country life in this beautiful country that is old blighty "

I love many of the interesting and beautiful places across the world

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"We like both , have lived in cities like London, Sydney, Dubai and find it stressful and then in very remote rural and coastal areas & feel too cut off. Currently live in the UK on the greenbelt 20mins walk into town and an hour from the peaks so it’s perfect. Just miss being by the sea especially in winter

Where in Sydney were you?"

Manly , but then out to Newcastle. Not one of our fav places tbh NSW in general , was a long time ago.

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I’m from the city and live in the country ..... country all the time

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I be a bumpkin I be

over a year ago

"Country Bumpkin. Been a City girl and worked at a private hospital in The Capital. I miss the job but not the crowds and the noise. I love my Hunter Wellies and Barbour jacket

Never thought guys would find that sexy! "

I think you should try it and see how popular it will be

over a year ago

"We like both , have lived in cities like London, Sydney, Dubai and find it stressful and then in very remote rural and coastal areas & feel too cut off. Currently live in the UK on the greenbelt 20mins walk into town and an hour from the peaks so it’s perfect. Just miss being by the sea especially in winter

Manly , but then out to Newcastle. Not one of our fav places tbh NSW in general , was a long time ago. "

Ha, I lived and worked in Newcastle, I still miss sitting on Nobby's Head watching the tankers coming into port.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Manly , but then out to Newcastle. Not one of our fav places tbh NSW in general , was a long time ago.

Ha, I lived and worked in Newcastle, I still miss sitting on Nobby's Head watching the tankers coming into port.

"

Small world!! 1995 I was doing skeg repairs and fixing osmosis on hulls

over a year ago

Never thought guys would find that sexy!

I think you should try it and see how popular it will be "

Women in full t garb are sexy as!!

Post new Message to Thread