Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

PAT testing prices

Jump to newest

By *riskygaz OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

starting up my little side line as a PAT tester, and just thinking about prices. Any tester on the site or people who pay for pat testing at their company. Could you give me an idea of what the price is, I am in Birmingham, aiming to do small to medium jobs, so if we are only talking a handful of things what is a companies minimum charge to attend the job ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I did the training a few years ago to save the charity I worked for money.

I considered doing this and to undercut everyone else nearby I was looking at around 90P per appliance. I decided I couldn't be bothered in the end.

By *hMyGawdCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

It's really low paid. Mainly because anyone can get into it easily.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Schools are your best bet.

By *riskygaz OP   Man
over a year ago

birmingham

"I did the training a few years ago to save the charity I worked for money.

I considered doing this and to undercut everyone else nearby I was looking at around 90P per appliance. I decided I couldn't be bothered in the end. "

I am a site maintenance guy in a school, the school sent me on the training course so I could do all their stuff and probably save them well over a £1,000 a year. the hours I work I can defo do this as a little side line, I also thought I can undercut the professionals, as this will not be my full time job. I would not want to do it full time its to boring lol.

over a year ago

It a bit point less as most companies just send one or two guys on the course to be able to do it the only people who I know that use pat test companies are church’s small business as the cost of getting some one in is cheaper than sending some on the course as they only have like 100 items

over a year ago

I also got sent on a course to learn it. Again was going to go full time with it but it bores me doing all the electrical items at my place of work

Post new Message to Thread