FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Has anybody successfully had a criminal conviction removed from their record?

Jump to newest

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brizzle

I have an issue with a criminal record which is still biting me on the bum 38 years later.

I have an enhanced DBS for work & some employers are not allowing me to work because it’s not clean, I think that’s illegal but not much I can do.

There were 3 offences 2 minor & 1 conviction all related to a joyride on a moped when I was only 17.

The 2 minor offences are non recordable (but still appear on my DBS) & I think that’s what’s hindering me from getting my record deleted, after a certain time if it’s just one minor offences I believe you’ve spent your time & it disappears.

I’ve looked at the ACRO website where I can apply for deletion but can’t find what I’m looking for.

Anybody connected with the Police or who deals in law can help me with this?

Many thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I always thought anything commited under the age of 18, was cleared once you turned 18

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I have an issue with a criminal record which is still biting me on the bum 38 years later.

I have an enhanced DBS for work & some employers are not allowing me to work because it’s not clean, I think that’s illegal but not much I can do.

There were 3 offences 2 minor & 1 conviction all related to a joyride on a moped when I was only 17.

The 2 minor offences are non recordable (but still appear on my DBS) & I think that’s what’s hindering me from getting my record deleted, after a certain time if it’s just one minor offences I believe you’ve spent your time & it disappears.

I’ve looked at the ACRO website where I can apply for deletion but can’t find what I’m looking for.

Anybody connected with the Police or who deals in law can help me with this?

Many thanks. "

PM me x

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I don't think it'll be the police for advice As it's a regulatory body.

Cab to start? Tricky one

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. Ive tried multiple times & have to explain mine often.

One plus side is i never get pulled up in my car as its too much agro for (having a firearm licence with a criminal record)

By *ex-a-frolics OP   Couple
over a year ago

Brizzle

"I don't think it'll be the police for advice As it's a regulatory body.

Cab to start? Tricky one "

Apparently it’s the police that make the decision.

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

You need to look at the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

From what you have stated with only 1 conviction the offences you mention do not have to be revealed and should not show on a DBS check.

See https://www.askthe. police.uk/Content/ Q89.htm cut a paste the link into a browser and delete the spaces for it to work

Post new Message to Thread