Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Breast Cancer Survivor - confidence boost needed

Jump to newest

By *elleshells OP   Couple
over a year ago

North Manchester

Hi All - we used to be on Fab 6 years ago & loved playing with some fabulous people. Since then I’ve had breast cancer & a double mastectomy with no reconstruction - which means I’m flat & scarred. I have mentioned it on my profile but I don’t want to show photos & I’d obviously wear a bra with my prostheses in if we met anyone.

Obviously it’s a real confidence blow & I was hesitant in coming back! I just wondered if there were other BC survivors on here who have experienced the same thing & if so, I would love to have a chat.

I’d also like to ask - are boobs the be all & end all for you? Xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Were you not offered reconstruction or did you just not want it?

My friend has recently had a double mastectomy and reconstruction, she was always complaining about her boobs so jumped at the chance for reconstruction but she has said that having it done and healing etc has been a hard graft x

over a year ago

North Manchester

"Were you not offered reconstruction or did you just not want it?

My friend has recently had a double mastectomy and reconstruction, she was always complaining about her boobs so jumped at the chance for reconstruction but she has said that having it done and healing etc has been a hard graft x"

I wasn’t able to have a reconstruction due to lack of viable skin (sorry TMI) following complications with implants

over a year ago

Ah ok. Well you're ok now and that's the main thing

Unfortunately some people may be put off by scaring but that's with everything to be honest x

over a year ago

North Manchester

"Ah ok. Well you're ok now and that's the main thing

Unfortunately some people may be put off by scaring but that's with everything to be honest x"

True - thanks

over a year ago

"Hi All - we used to be on Fab 6 years ago & loved playing with some fabulous people. Since then I’ve had breast cancer & a double mastectomy with no reconstruction - which means I’m flat & scarred. I have mentioned it on my profile but I don’t want to show photos & I’d obviously wear a bra with my prostheses in if we met anyone.

Obviously it’s a real confidence blow & I was hesitant in coming back! I just wondered if there were other BC survivors on here who have experienced the same thing & if so, I would love to have a chat.

I’d also like to ask - are boobs the be all & end all for you? Xxxx

"

You’re very brave and I don’t think it matters a jot really.

over a year ago

North Manchester

[Removed by poster at 21/01/20 19:59:29]

over a year ago

North Manchester

Thank you

By *artyanna16TV/TS
over a year ago

seacroft

I can honestly say, as a bi male , anywhere i touch would pale in comparison to the quality of any meaningful conversation around using imagination and language as foreplay , i would imagine , the face neck and shoulders to be a more sensitive erogenous zone, the ears probably the most worhwhile place to concentrate on , but being held and having a lasting hand contact on your scarred but recovering skin, your a whole person still, while some things have had to leave , how you felt about your body when say you were 25 , that feeling of being at the top of your game, except now you know more , and are better able to flirt and seduce , know what pleases you and can express it better , these things make you hotter and more desirable than you could ever imagine

over a year ago

Image is one thing but humour and conversation is another. I don't care what size a woman is, or what size her breasts are. If she has a pretty face and we get along great then there's more to enjoy that way as it can lead to naughty giggles, flirty touching and kissing followed by whatever else we want.

You still have a beautiful body, regardless of the breast removal.

Keep smiling and just enjoy your body and the joy that it brings to others as well as yourself

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Well done for having the confidence to come back to Fab. You’ve already taken a huge step forward. Meets should be about the person not their attributes.

I do know one half of a couple who has had a double mastectomy and she’s had nipple tattoos which look amazing.

Find the right people who want to meet you and you’ll all have an amazing time.

Post new Message to Thread