Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why show football on the news?

Jump to newest

By *hamCouple30 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Birmingham

I don't get why football makes the national news everyday....?

How is it news that one team won? Over and over nothing new to report about.

No other sport makes the news consistently.

Just normal scores with news. I understand if it's a cup final, but not just an average match on a Saturday.

Waste of time.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bet you're glad you got that off your chest

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

What was the score tonight ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I hate football

Yaaaaawwwwwn!

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"I hate football

Yaaaaawwwwwn!"

i love football

Yaaaay!

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"What was the score tonight ? "

West Brom 0-1 Stoke

Reply privately

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"What was the score tonight ?

West Brom 0-1 Stoke "

Reply privately

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Was surprised that there was roon for football.

News recently seems to be dominated by news of someone resigning from the royal family

Reply privately

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I don't get why football makes the national news everyday....?

Just normal scores with news. I understand if it's a cup final, but not just an average match on a Saturday.

Waste of time. "

why show the results of strictly/the voice/xfactor/loveisland /I'm a celeb on the news when contestants leave can under standcifvits to announce the winner but some one leaves every week .wall to wall coverage in the press and on the radio.no other crap makes the news consistently

Reply privately

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

Waste of time. "

I hate when England play and they are the first thing on the news right after its just been on the telly

Reply privately

By *illy999TV/TS
over a year ago

Taunton

Waste of time. "

I hate football ,it's the opium of a small minority that the news channels use to keep the masses attention away from increased fuel bills , council tax increases, food hikes & anything of importance. It's also financed by out of country capital & the thickoes who watch & "support " it..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe because it's our national sport. What annoys me is celebrities constantly on the news.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That reminds me, need to get your fantasy football team done by 6.30pm tomorrow night & Liverpool are playing twice

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do women know wat offside is haha .

Reply privately

By *illy999TV/TS
over a year ago

Taunton

Football

it's "played" by thick C U Next Tuesday's , watched & "supported by other see you next Tuesday's....

Reply privately

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I hate football too, seems to be just an excuse for violence.

If I was uk dictator I'd turn football pitches to art galleries.

Reply privately

By *irth VaderMan
over a year ago

Busby

"Do women know wat offside is haha . "

If the wee guy waves his flag it’s offside.

Reply privately

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'm one of the few blokes who can't stand football, a unicorn if you will, I don't mind having a kick about with mates 5 a side or whatever, but I hate watching it and I really don't understand how people get so emotional over it. I've seen people cry more over their team losing than they did when a relative died. Bizarre

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah, imagine, the worlds most popular and most watched sport being reported on because a huge population of people enjoy it, baffling eh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So what your saying is, It’s impossible to be aware of those things AND enjoy football? Damn.. who do I report to to be expunged from the gene pool

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So what your saying is, It’s impossible to be aware of those things AND enjoy football? Damn.. who do I report to to be expunged from the gene pool "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

Wow! What a shocking response! I've only said I don't understand why football is reported on the news.

So many people think that they are so funny. I think most of you have embarrassed yourself!

National sport? Ha.. It's the most rasist and sexest blokes activity going. I'm funny aware of what the fans chant about non whites and love the fact that that fans are only passionate about the men's teams and openly laugh at female football.

Brain washed fans buying expensive tickets and merchandise, funding this exploitative hobby for rich people.

Football has an unhealthy way of promoting pack mentality. Unjustified violence on home soil and foreign. The very premise encourages territorial hatred. Stoke is better than Leeds, Birmingham is better than Aston Villa.

Get a grip!

Most of the players are not from the UK! How do get so passionate about a bunch of foreign kids having a kick about?

I don't hate football, I hate the people who represent it.

(if you don't have a point to make on this, please don't comment and show you have no intelligence)

Reply privately

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

"Wow! What a shocking response! I've only said I don't understand why football is reported on the news.

So many people think that they are so funny. I think most of you have embarrassed yourself!

National sport? Ha.. It's the most rasist and sexest blokes activity going. I'm funny aware of what the fans chant about non whites and love the fact that that fans are only passionate about the men's teams and openly laugh at female football.

Brain washed fans buying expensive tickets and merchandise, funding this exploitative hobby for rich people.

Football has an unhealthy way of promoting pack mentality. Unjustified violence on home soil and foreign. The very premise encourages territorial hatred. Stoke is better than Leeds, Birmingham is better than Aston Villa.

Get a grip!

Most of the players are not from the UK! How do get so passionate about a bunch of foreign kids having a kick about?

(if you don't have a point to make on this, please don't comment and show you have no intelligence)

"

Like most things in life people are identifying with the negative aspects caused by the minority.

Football, or sport in general, creates many more positives in peoples lives than negatives IMHO

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow! What a shocking response! I've only said I don't understand why football is reported on the news.

Get a grip!

Like most things in life people are identifying with the negative aspects caused by the minority.

Football, or sport in general, creates many more positives in peoples lives than negatives IMHO"

Reply privately

over a year ago

If I was in charge of tv I wouldn’t even show the matches. Can’t stand watching 22 over paid pre Madonna’s chasing a ball around for 90 minutes

Reply privately

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

"If I was in charge of tv I wouldn’t even show the matches. Can’t stand watching 22 over paid pre Madonna’s chasing a ball around for 90 minutes "

I would agree that footballers are overpaid but I would say the same about so called celebrities but I am sure people still watch films, TV, soap operas and the likes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I was in charge of tv I wouldn’t even show the matches. Can’t stand watching 22 over paid pre Madonna’s chasing a ball around for 90 minutes "

Yep, every footballer is exactly the same

I can’t stand the soaps or reality tv and that’s on far more often. Overpaid, look at me, vacuous, dumb “celebrities”.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Waste of time. "

I don’t know what there is to ‘get’ really. Rightly or wrongly, It’s just the most popular and televised sport in the country. Other important sports are covered on national news too.

As for the previous post on being overpaid, that’s just supply and demand really, 99% of athletes accept and strive to get the most they can in their short careers.

Celebrities, random stories about a couple moving to Canada for a bit and a lot of political drivel really don’t cover ‘important news’ either. Mainstream media is often not relevant or important, but a lot of people still watch it.

Reply privately

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Just because something is popular it doesn't make it good....

I hate football, too, and the way that the country grinds to a standstill when the football World Cup is in, and companies are basically told to allow staff time off to watch it. WHY?

When I asked for the same to watch the rugby World Cup (which we made the final of, unlike kick ball) I was told to piss off....

Reply privately

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

Check out Speedo Mick on BBC 1 now

Reply privately

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

Check out Everton in the Community

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why show sport of any kind on terrestrial TV? Its all boring, especially snooker and golf

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

The news has tended to have a standard format for a fair while now.

World news

National news

Local news

Entertainment

Sport

Light hearted feel good final story

Weather

It's not as if all the news is filled with football only

Would it be better to have the news full of bad news, depressing events and we're all doomed stuff?

Thing is... like many things ... you don't have to watch it

No likey? Turn offy

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get a grip!

"

Oh pipe down you ignorant bores, you even contradict yourselves by saying it’s a sport enjoyed solely by racists but a few paragraphs later feel compelled to point out how you can’t understand how fans in the uk can enjoy watching foreign kids having a kick about. Racist undertones in your own statement...

Yes there is a minority of racists and bigots but show me a sport or profession that doesn’t have that kind of unacceptable behaviour. Sadly that’s just a reflection on people as a whole.

Calling the sport and exploitative hobby for rich people is a misplaced as at its grass routes level I.e where it IS a hobby and not a profession it’s played mostly by the working class (Sunday league etc).

Yes the biggest professionals are paid huge wages but then again anyone who is the elite of their profession does, bankers, ceos of companies, musicians, actors and so on.

And if you truly can’t understand why football gets reported on the news then maybe you’re not in the right place to question other people’s intelligence

Reply privately

over a year ago

"That reminds me, need to get your fantasy football team done by 6.30pm tomorrow night & Liverpool are playing twice "

3 Liverpool and 3 West ham players for maximum effect ??

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/01/20 11:35:18]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Get a grip!

Oh pipe down you ignorant bores, you even contradict yourselves by saying it’s a sport enjoyed solely by racists but a few paragraphs later feel compelled to point out how you can’t understand how fans in the uk can enjoy watching foreign kids having a kick about. Racist undertones in your own statement...

Yes there is a minority of racists and bigots but show me a sport or profession that doesn’t have that kind of unacceptable behaviour. Sadly that’s just a reflection on people as a whole.

Calling the sport and exploitative hobby for rich people is a misplaced as at its grass routes level I.e where it IS a hobby and not a profession it’s played mostly by the working class (Sunday league etc).

Yes the biggest professionals are paid huge wages but then again anyone who is the elite of their profession does, bankers, ceos of companies, musicians, actors and so on.

And if you truly can’t understand why football gets reported on the news then maybe you’re not in the right place to question other people’s intelligence

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

So many people with no idea what they're talking about.

Simple little creatures

Reply privately

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

My Football team,Everton, is a pillar of the community. Without which the community would be worse off .....check out what its all about

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many people with no idea what they're talking about.

Simple little creatures "

Oh bore off you simpleton, put your inane comments to bed and that’s the best you can do?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Birmingham

Look forward to your next goal... Wow

"So many people with no idea what they're talking about.

Simple little creatures

Oh bore off you simpleton, put your inane comments to bed and that’s the best you can do? "

Reply privately