Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Premenopausal?

Jump to newest

By *ikingpair OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cambridge

Have woken up this morning feeling old and decidedly unsexy. Was just wondering how other women make themselves feel sexy. Being told how sexy I am doesn't work, I have to feel it for myself and I'm struggling to shift this feeling of gloom...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I would ask why do you need to feel sexy ?

I aspire to be happy and enjoy things.

My libido once sky high now varies. It's never how it was. I'm nearly 55 yrs old. I still love a fuck but, that constant urge has dissapeared.

I look after myself, do yoga and meditation, take pride in my appearance and am thankful I'm still here.

January is an awful month too xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know that as a guy, this might seem like a strange thing to reply to but i can associate with some of your feelings of waking up not feeling sexy/ attractive etc.

But one thing that has worked for me in the past is just to do something that you wouldn't do every day or something that is out of character for you

What i mean why don't you wear some seriously sexy lingerie/ stockings etc. under your normal every day sort of clothes then go for a walk, food shopping or normal domestic sort of stuff.

The theory is if your dressed differently, you act differently and simply feel more sexy

over a year ago

Cambridge

"I would ask why do you need to feel sexy ?

I aspire to be happy and enjoy things.

My libido once sky high now varies. It's never how it was. I'm nearly 55 yrs old. I still love a fuck but, that constant urge has dissapeared.

I look after myself, do yoga and meditation, take pride in my appearance and am thankful I'm still here.

January is an awful month too xx"

You make a good point about why I want to feel sexy... I guess because it makes me feel good about myself... Today has been a low day but feeling better this evening. Thanks for taking the time to reply.x

over a year ago

Cambridge

"I know that as a guy, this might seem like a strange thing to reply to but i can associate with some of your feelings of waking up not feeling sexy/ attractive etc.

But one thing that has worked for me in the past is just to do something that you wouldn't do every day or something that is out of character for you

What i mean why don't you wear some seriously sexy lingerie/ stockings etc. under your normal every day sort of clothes then go for a walk, food shopping or normal domestic sort of stuff.

The theory is if your dressed differently, you act differently and simply feel more sexy

"

Thanks for the tip, I may try that one day although I would have to feel better about myself than I did today to even want to get dressed...

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I don’t. That’s why i’m currently not meeting. I feel as sexy as a wet flannel.

I’ll bookmark this for tips

over a year ago

"I know that as a guy, this might seem like a strange thing to reply to but i can associate with some of your feelings of waking up not feeling sexy/ attractive etc.

"

Wow spot on answer just surprised it came from a guy!

over a year ago

Im in a bit of a funk over it all too. Hoping its just the time of year. Sorry Im not much help, but hope you feel better soon. X

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

Try changing your routines, as, I suppose, others have mentioned. Sometimes the spiral/vicious circle helps to perpetuate itself because you are trapped in the same routines.

Can be hard I know as some find comfort in routine, but at the same time..

over a year ago

Thanks for that i appreciate it

over a year ago

Hrt, primrose oil, linseeds, exercise and drink plenty of water

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

You may not feel sexy but us men definitely know your sexy.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

People feel what they feel. It's normal. Does anyone feel sexy all the time? Or does life sometimes ebb and flow with it's own rhythms. Without the downtime how do we appreciate the good times?

Sorry if this sounds like random musings, even though it is. And I'm just a guy so have no great insight here.

We feel what we feel, irrespective of gender and life isnt always full of the highs, how could it ever be. If we try to force any emotions doesnt that just lead to more dissatisfaction with our lot, and add to that general feeling of something being not quite right within us?

Perhaps it's when we feel those negative emotions that looking to our friends is sometimes the place to go.....

Or maybe being a guy I should just back away from this thread quietly....

over a year ago

Are you perimenopaul? Or have you just lost your mojo? When i was going through the menopause my libido went through the roof... i was like a bitch on heat, couldn't get enough but obviously it affects people differently.. now I'm post menopausal its calmed down considerably.. unfortunately

over a year ago

Cambridge

"I don’t. That’s why i’m currently not meeting. I feel as sexy as a wet flannel.

I’ll bookmark this for tips "

Sorry you feel that way. Hope it passes soon and you get the feeling back.x

over a year ago

Cambridge

"Im in a bit of a funk over it all too. Hoping its just the time of year. Sorry Im not much help, but hope you feel better soon. X"

Yeah I'm thinking hormones and time of year... roll on spring!x

over a year ago

Cambridge

"People feel what they feel. It's normal. Does anyone feel sexy all the time? Or does life sometimes ebb and flow with it's own rhythms. Without the downtime how do we appreciate the good times?

Sorry if this sounds like random musings, even though it is. And I'm just a guy so have no great insight here.

We feel what we feel, irrespective of gender and life isnt always full of the highs, how could it ever be. If we try to force any emotions doesnt that just lead to more dissatisfaction with our lot, and add to that general feeling of something being not quite right within us?

Perhaps it's when we feel those negative emotions that looking to our friends is sometimes the place to go.....

Or maybe being a guy I should just back away from this thread quietly....

"

You make some good points and it's true, life does ebb and flow, it's just sometimes you can start feeling it's all low and this time of year is probably the worst as someone else mentioned... hormones and ageing also play a part !!x

Post new Message to Thread