Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When people don’t get your quips/jokes

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Either the sarcasm is lost in text or they just don’t get where you are coming from and you have to explain the joke.......

Yeah, that’s fun.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Doesn’t seem very fun really

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Different wavelength tis all

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's not you, it's them.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Most of my posts

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

Standard on here

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Happens to me. Some people seem to take everything entirely seriously and therefore don't pick up on my stupid jokes. This usually results in people thinking I'm pretty odd but there's some truth in that to be fair.

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

I find I have to stick this emoji on the end of every single sentence now to avoid misunderstanding

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I find I have to stick this emoji on the end of every single sentence now to avoid misunderstanding "

Years ago people used to tell me to stick an emoji on it..... I thought fuck that you grow a personality.......

Sometimes now I use them. Specially if im responding to someone a little simple

over a year ago

people always take my jokes too seriously

infact people take everything I say too seriously

I think it's because i was always a straight shooting quiet guy in the past

but i found a sense of humor but maybe some jokes aren't to everyones taste either that or people twist things to make me look bad

over a year ago

"I find I have to stick this emoji on the end of every single sentence now to avoid misunderstanding

Years ago people used to tell me to stick an emoji on it..... I thought fuck that you grow a personality.......

Sometimes now I use them. Specially if im responding to someone a little simple "

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Happens to me. Some people seem to take everything entirely seriously and therefore don't pick up on my stupid jokes. This usually results in people thinking I'm pretty odd but there's some truth in that to be fair."

Ditto. I do think that sometimes nastiness is called a joke. I also think that some people really miss the humour because they dislike the person and it fits their narrative of them.

over a year ago

Yup!!!!!

We have been quite surprised by the lack of banter at times. Having to explain the joke is tedious and if that happens.. on we move!

I have personally started putting a "lol" just to confirm that what I'm actually saying is in fact a joke...lol.. x

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Happens to me. Some people seem to take everything entirely seriously and therefore don't pick up on my stupid jokes. This usually results in people thinking I'm pretty odd but there's some truth in that to be fair.

Ditto. I do think that sometimes nastiness is called a joke. I also think that some people really miss the humour because they dislike the person and it fits their narrative of them."

I mostly direct mine at people I like but sometimes it does just come out randomly as my brain seems to manage to instantly spot an opportunity for a joke. I tend to keep piss taking for people I have had some level of interaction with, otherwise it's just usually outright silliness. I've definitely witnessed what you're referring to though.

over a year ago

"Either the sarcasm is lost in text or they just don’t get where you are coming from and you have to explain the joke.......

Yeah, that’s fun. "

do you care? i don't lol

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I find I have to stick this emoji on the end of every single sentence now to avoid misunderstanding

"

Ha! Don't flash those emoji's at me just cos your high street is dyin' ...

over a year ago

All my quips die a death ... I'm the 'death nell' to many forum posts - apologies sent to OP

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Happens to me. Some people seem to take everything entirely seriously and therefore don't pick up on my stupid jokes. This usually results in people thinking I'm pretty odd but there's some truth in that to be fair.

Ditto. I do think that sometimes nastiness is called a joke. I also think that some people really miss the humour because they dislike the person and it fits their narrative of them."

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Yup!!!!!

We have been quite surprised by the lack of banter at times. Having to explain the joke is tedious and if that happens.. on we move!

I have personally started putting a "lol" just to confirm that what I'm actually saying is in fact a joke...lol.. x"

And then you get pulled up as a lol'er or 'er

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

One persons sarcasm is another persons insult.

Horses for courses as they say.

If they aren’t on the same wavelength, someone else will be

over a year ago

if they dont get you they dont get you, no big deal

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Sarcasm can be hard to get in text, sometimes even face to face , and some people are just wired differently .... or a bit thick... use sparingly !

over a year ago

I'm never sarcastic ever

over a year ago

"Either the sarcasm is lost in text or they just don’t get where you are coming from and you have to explain the joke.......

Yeah, that’s fun. "

When you have to say.. All aboard the banter bus.. Chooo choool

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Being misunderstood is part of life.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Normally I get blocked .. can u really relay a joke via txt

over a year ago

I've been blocked on more than one occasion for this.

Still to give a fuck.

over a year ago

"Yup!!!!!

I have personally started putting a "lol" just to confirm that what I'm actually saying is in fact a joke...lol.. x

And then you get pulled up as a lol'er or 'er"

Exactly!!!! Cant bloody win!! Lol...oh, lol x

over a year ago

Ha! Don't flash those emoji's at me just cos your high street is dyin' ... "

Oi, Lady Crumpet. You knocking my beloved town? I'll have you know we have 77 charity shops, 52 coffee shops and 28 kebab shops. What else does a high street need!

By *LARENCE77Man
over a year ago

Gävle, Sweden

Get that quite a lot, then end up digging a hole trying to explain it. The moment has well and truly gone by then, and pretty much end of conversation

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Oi, Lady Crumpet. You knocking my beloved town? I'll have you know we have 77 charity shops, 52 coffee shops and 28 kebab shops. What else does a high street need!

"

A Debenhams and a Beales apparently

over a year ago

A Debenhams and a Beales apparently "

Oh, well Beales is still hanging on. Unlike Debenhams which has gone

over a year ago

It depends on the humour. I think piss taking is fun when each of you know where you are coming from. However I am sensitive to piss taking that is aimed at people’s sensitivities and seems to be aimed at bringing them down and make the giver feel clever in how witty they are. I think there’s a difference. Granted it can be misunderstood, but sometimes it isn’t.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It depends on the humour. I think piss taking is fun when each of you know where you are coming from. However I am sensitive to piss taking that is aimed at people’s sensitivities and seems to be aimed at bringing them down and make the giver feel clever in how witty they are. I think there’s a difference. Granted it can be misunderstood, but sometimes it isn’t."

My piss taking is mostly aimed at those I know can take it, in ways not likely to hurt them.

It's only fun if it's fun.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I'm never sarcastic ever "

You're never funny either

over a year ago

"It depends on the humour. I think piss taking is fun when each of you know where you are coming from. However I am sensitive to piss taking that is aimed at people’s sensitivities and seems to be aimed at bringing them down and make the giver feel clever in how witty they are. I think there’s a difference. Granted it can be misunderstood, but sometimes it isn’t."

That's not humour, that's bullying hiding behind humour. That, I cannot abide.

over a year ago

"I'm never sarcastic ever

You're never funny either "

you harlot..... sit on my lap let me guess your weight

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

You're never funny either you harlot..... sit on my lap let me guess your weight "

Dont get it

over a year ago

You're never funny either you harlot..... sit on my lap let me guess your weight

Dont get it "

you will if you come here

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

You're never funny either you harlot..... sit on my lap let me guess your weight

Dont get it you will if you come here "

and get what exactly

over a year ago

Dont get it you will if you come here

and get what exactly "

my guesstimate

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple
over a year ago

North fife

D is terrible for giving a lot of satire/ humour in messages and it being lost on others...

Its quite amusing to read them take everything so seriously

L x

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

and get what exactly my guesstimate "

A heads up....I'm heavier after I'm fed

over a year ago

and get what exactly my guesstimate

A heads up....I'm heavier after I'm fed "

kobe steak?

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

I often write what I think is a quick witted reply and quicky delete incase it’s not taken the way I intended,

over a year ago

"I often write what I think is a quick witted reply and quicky delete incase it’s not taken the way I intended, "
omg really

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

and get what exactly my guesstimate

A heads up....I'm heavier after I'm fed kobe steak? "

And desert

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I do that with double entendres - slip one in now and then.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I cut someone out of my life for precisely that a few years ago. My best friend used to have an eating disorder and he kept making "jokes about her weight/body/food consumption. That shit isn't funny.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It depends on the humour. I think piss taking is fun when each of you know where you are coming from. However I am sensitive to piss taking that is aimed at people’s sensitivities and seems to be aimed at bringing them down and make the giver feel clever in how witty they are. I think there’s a difference. Granted it can be misunderstood, but sometimes it isn’t.

I cut someone out of my life for precisely that a few years ago. My best friend used to have an eating disorder and he kept making "jokes about her weight/body/food consumption. That shit isn't funny."

Absolutely.

Post new Message to Thread