Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is fancying a big girl a fetish?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I was at a party at the weekend and as with most social scenarios the topic turned to sex.

We were talking about fetish's and this guy looked at me and said 'some men have a fetish for big women don't they?'.

I said no, that's an attraction that's completely different to a fetish. Just wondered what other people's views were on this sort of thing? I can't be the only one who thought he was out of order for saying that.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

A woman is a woman and it doesn't matter what size she is.

I wouldn't say it's a fetish that some blokes like larger ladies.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You like what you like.

To me I’ve dated bigger women and met bigger women. If I’m in a club I’ll be more inclined to look at...bigger women. Not because there a fetish to me. It’s because that’s my preference in a lady.

By *essie.Woman
over a year ago

Serendipity

Not sure why he had to direct the comment at you rather than it being generally a part of the conversation. The way he said it comes across that it’s not his like, and asking you to confirm that kind of attraction to bigger women is real.

We all have likes and dislikes, that’s not a fetish. It’s just what is attractive to you.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Unfortunately there is always one asshat out there who believes that larger people have no right being attractive to other people, so they try to bring them down in whatever way they can, whilst also trying to shame those who do find larger folk attractive.

over a year ago

Because 1 that guy is an ass and her probably thinks that theres no way that a man could find a bigger woman attractive without there being some kind of ulterior motive behind it

And 2 unfortunately the media has done a lot to shine a light on mixed sized couples where the slimmer person is ACTUALLY taking advantage/fetishising the bigger person ie feeding, squashing etc so some people see that and automatically think that that's how mixed couples are

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This site is amazing for acceptance though, it's done wonders for my confidence in sex and life in general!!

I felt the same when visiting a club, really welcoming and made me feel so at ease!

Suppose some people still have their blinkers on when it comes to people with different body types.

over a year ago

"So I was at a party at the weekend and as with most social scenarios the topic turned to sex.

We were talking about fetish's and this guy looked at me and said 'some men have a fetish for big women don't they?'.

I said no, that's an attraction that's completely different to a fetish. Just wondered what other people's views were on this sort of thing? I can't be the only one who thought he was out of order for saying that. "

I don't know the content and complete context of how this conversation went but I'd say that's pretty bang out of order singling you out for an answer like that. Not everyone has empathy when the topic is other people, for lack of manners or education maybe. But then on the other hand some people will be offended by just about anything when the subject relates to real people which is the other end of the spectrum. So it's difficult to find the most diplomatic version of ones opinion sometimes.

Fetishes are a grey area but I'd say in my opinion fetishes are impressed upon you by experiences that change your mindset, whereas attraction is specific to your own way you interpret things in your perspective. So I'd say fetishes or attractions relate to your character or personality respectively.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It's definitely not a fetish, although some people annoyingly pigeonhole it into that.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

"So I was at a party at the weekend and as with most social scenarios the topic turned to sex.

I said no, that's an attraction that's completely different to a fetish. Just wondered what other people's views were on this sort of thing? I can't be the only one who thought he was out of order for saying that. "

I find that some men like a more ample sized woman others slimmer, it’s not a fetishism

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

It depends on the mindset of the guy. And it's a sliding scale. Big difference from finding some larger ladies attractive to the other end of the scale when a guy can only get off if the lady is of a certain size.

I used to work with a guy who had a thing for ladies much larger than himself. He even had a rough gauge. If he he could get his fingertips to touch with his arms around them they weren't big enough.. I reckon that is more on the fetish side...

over a year ago

I like big voluptuous women a lot. I see it as a preference not a fetish.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I said no, that's an attraction that's completely different to a fetish. Just wondered what other people's views were on this sort of thing? I can't be the only one who thought he was out of order for saying that.

It depends on the mindset of the guy. And it's a sliding scale. Big difference from finding some larger ladies attractive to the other end of the scale when a guy can only get off if the lady is of a certain size.

I used to work with a guy who had a thing for ladies much larger than himself. He even had a rough gauge. If he he could get his fingertips to touch with his arms around them they weren't big enough.. I reckon that is more on the fetish side..."

This.

If someone fancies women who are big, it's a preference.

If someone just wants big, and isn't bothered about the woman, then he's fetishizing size.

To me, yes, some guys do have a fetish. Some guys have a preference. Depends on the guy.

Preference I enjoy, fetish I don't.

By *wholeLotOfRosieWoman
over a year ago

Pontypridd

A fetish is an essential requirement for satisfaction. Someone with a fetish for larger women could only be aroused by larger women. Some people have a preference but it’s not a must have and therefore not a fetish. The rest of us just like interesting people and opportunities.

over a year ago

Any characteristic can be fetishised I'd say.

Googled this, WebMD:

Most Common Fetishes

People can “fetishize” almost anything.

There are many web sites about lots of fetish interests, says Richard Krueger, MD, an associate clinical professor of psychiatry at Columbia University. “Anything you could imagine.”

According to a study, the most common fetishes involve body parts, such as feet, or body features, such as obesity, piercings, or tattoos. The feet are by far the most common. Body fluid, body size, and hair fetishes aren’t far behind.

over a year ago

From WebMD:

While you might like the sight of your partner in a pair of high heels during sex, that doesn’t necessarily mean you have a shoe fetish.

A fetish is sexual excitement in response to an object or body part that’s not typically sexual, such as shoes or feet. They’re more common in men.

Many people with fetishes must have the object of their attraction at hand or be fantasizing about it, alone or with a partner, in order to become sexually aroused, get an erection, and have an orgasm.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't view this as a fetish, merely a preference, as you do op, even if someone wants to do very specific things with a particular type of person.

A fetish would typically be thought of as more of a fixation on to something that isn't a person, such as with objects.

over a year ago

"I don't view this as a fetish, merely a preference, as you do op, even if someone wants to do very specific things with a particular type of person.

A fetish would typically be thought of as more of a fixation on to something that isn't a person, such as with objects. "

I disagree. Body parts are just as likely to be fetishised as are inanimate objects.

Not accusing the OP of this by the way.

over a year ago

I dont see it as that, it is a preference, a fetish is more a thing like a sexual act like bdsm pvs and objects.

over a year ago

I used to work with a guy who had a thing for ladies much larger than himself. He even had a rough gauge. If he he could get his fingertips to touch with his arms around them they weren't big enough.. I reckon that is more on the fetish side...

This.

If someone fancies women who are big, it's a preference.

If someone just wants big, and isn't bothered about the woman, then he's fetishizing size.

To me, yes, some guys do have a fetish. Some guys have a preference. Depends on the guy.

Preference I enjoy, fetish I don't."

Agree about differences between fetish and preference.

I wonder if the guy was secretly into curvier ladies and just wanted someway to say something about it. Tunt move directing it at you though he could have just generalised.

over a year ago

"I dont see it as that, it is a preference, a fetish is more a thing like a sexual act like bdsm pvs and objects."

Again a bit wrong. BDSM/pvc/objects are not necessarily fetishes. However they CAN become a fetish when it's the only way you can get your rocks off. Body size is no different.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

In general I think sometimes a man can have a preference for larger women,but there are without a doubt some men that also have fetishisms for it, so much so that they will encourage their partners to eat extra to keep them that way.

Post new Message to Thread