By *rueGent28 OP   Man
over a year ago

East Midlands

Still devastated by losing my ex

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Sorry to hear that. Time will heal. In the meantime, keep busy, go out with friends, do things you enjoy. You won't feel this way forever

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

time doesnt heal, life slowly becomes more liveable, but you always carry a heavy broken heart

over a year ago

"time doesnt heal, life slowly becomes more liveable, but you always carry a heavy broken heart"

I’m sorry but I don’t agree that this applies to everyone.

I’ve lost people through death and love and I can 100% say I’ve got over it all.

What’s left is memories that has made me smile, and a relief it’s over.

You can heal

over a year ago

Sorry to hear this op but I do believe as has been said that time is a healer of heartbreak. I see that you are 50 and I hope you don't also think that you are too old to love again. Cherish the memories of the times you and your ex spent together but be open to the idea that perhaps that love ended so that you can find your greatest love at all and the person you will spend the rest of your life with

By *ettyboop61Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

"Still devastated by losing my ex "

you can find love again....

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Wish I’d of lost the last one, earlier or swapped her for a snake.. they ain’t all good son

By *edmark07Man
over a year ago

liverpool

"Sorry to hear that. Time will heal. In the meantime, keep busy, go out with friends, do things you enjoy. You won't feel this way forever "

This is good advice. Don't let it stop you living your life

over a year ago

I still have pangs for my first love 40 years ago. I think the memory lives on but the pain recedes. I realised later in life that it really is important to grieve the loss of relationships or people you’ve loved fully, as the pain hung around hiding and blindsided me at unexpected moments when I didn’t.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think everyone recovers from loss at their own pace and grieves differently. We know people who 40 years on still mourn a loss deeply and others who have moved forward quite quickly. I don't think it's something you have control of.

Post new Message to Thread