Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab forum jukebox

Jump to newest

By *naswingdress OP   Woman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What's playing?

A friend #youknowwhoyouare got me a Coldplay CD for Christmas and I'm playing it on my stereo.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I've got a few excellent discs that i use for annoying people.

Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music - a solid hour of hideous guitar feedback noise. Made as a contractual obligation album, he just turned on the tape recorder, propped the guitar against the loudspeaker and walked away until the tape ran out... Funny thing is, after listening to it a few times you start to imagine that there's actually some music buried there somewhere. There isn't, it's all just random noise.

"Odin" by Julian Cope - a 73 minute droning noise that wanders up and down in pitch.

Nico - The Marble Index and Desertshore. Best described as music to slit your wrists to... If you weren't depressed at the start, you will be by the end of it...

Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. It's supposed to be a classic, but it's just weird even by my standards.

And somewhere I've got a disc I can't remember the name of by a totally unknown thrash metal band that i also can't remember the name of. It was given me by the guy behind the counter in a second hand CD store cos he was throwing it away. Highlight is a 4 minute track that just consists of someone shouting FUCK every 10 seconds...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Currently playing Rush ‘Farewell to Kings’ as I’m still in mourning over the death of their incredible drummer and chief lyricist Neil Peart RIP.

over a year ago

The Fugees - Ready Or Not just came on in this workshop, loving life now

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

...seems appropriate

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan
over a year ago

Close

Classic Road Trip songs on Spotify.... Gets me up and dancing/singing... Something nobody sees

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Classic Road Trip songs on Spotify.... Gets me up and dancing/singing... Something nobody sees "

I love songs like that

over a year ago

Portishead - glory box

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

"I've got a few excellent discs that i use for annoying people.

Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music - a solid hour of hideous guitar feedback noise. Made as a contractual obligation album, he just turned on the tape recorder, propped the guitar against the loudspeaker and walked away until the tape ran out... Funny thing is, after listening to it a few times you start to imagine that there's actually some music buried there somewhere. There isn't, it's all just random noise.

"Odin" by Julian Cope - a 73 minute droning noise that wanders up and down in pitch.

Nico - The Marble Index and Desertshore. Best described as music to slit your wrists to... If you weren't depressed at the start, you will be by the end of it...

Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. It's supposed to be a classic, but it's just weird even by my standards.

And somewhere I've got a disc I can't remember the name of by a totally unknown thrash metal band that i also can't remember the name of. It was given me by the guy behind the counter in a second hand CD store cos he was throwing it away. Highlight is a 4 minute track that just consists of someone shouting FUCK every 10 seconds..."

You could also have included any of Scott Walkers last few albums, now they are hard work!

over a year ago

Martha and the Muffins echo beach on signal 1 bangin tune !

over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Working Class Man - Jimmy Barnes

over a year ago

Katy Perry Roar

By *nnocentimesMan
over a year ago

over there by that tree

Really enjoying Maverick Sabre at the moment, oh and can’t stop listening to Michael Kiwanuka.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

And somewhere I've got a disc I can't remember the name of by a totally unknown thrash metal band that i also can't remember the name of. It was given me by the guy behind the counter in a second hand CD store cos he was throwing it away. Highlight is a 4 minute track that just consists of someone shouting FUCK every 10 seconds...

You could also have included any of Scott Walkers last few albums, now they are hard work! "

Oh yes, I've got BISH BOSCH. Not really what I'd use as background music for a candlelit dinner...

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

High Hopes - Pink Floyd

S

By *uryWhipMan
over a year ago

Harringay

The Haunted - Hate Song

Playing my Metal playlist om Spotify

By *hisCharManMan
over a year ago

South Manchester

Today I’ve been listening to The Flying Teapot by Gong

It’s a musical education day

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan
over a year ago

Close

"Classic Road Trip songs on Spotify.... Gets me up and dancing/singing... Something nobody sees

I love songs like that"

We'll car share sometime and have a good sing song

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I've got my housework playlist on. Currently playing The Bluetones - Bluetonic

over a year ago

"Currently playing Rush ‘Farewell to Kings’ as I’m still in mourning over the death of their incredible drummer and chief lyricist Neil Peart RIP."

Too soon. I couldn't even get through the intro to Spirit of Radio. I had to turn it off

By *uesdaysfundayCouple
over a year ago

Sandbach

Touch me, I want to feel your body- Samantha Fox

over a year ago

You could also have included any of Scott Walkers last few albums, now they are hard work! "

Syd Barrett "The Madcap Laughs" usually leaves people confused and upset

over a year ago

Dissident- Pearl Jam

By *haremoreMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Suedehead By Morrissey

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Watching my Whistletest DVD so much cool stuff

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads

S

over a year ago

"Watching my Whistletest DVD so much cool stuff

S"

I know the exact clip you mean, it's fantastic

By *urvyandCurious999Woman
over a year ago

Hiding from twats

Green Day mostly this afternoon. Needed something to keep me awake

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I can’t stop playing The Weeknd’s Blinding Lights.

It’s annoyingly toe tapping

over a year ago

Beach Boys - Get Around

over a year ago

Ahhh for me it's just gotta be AC/DC .. listening to them is as important to me as oxygen & blood ..

By *uryWhipMan
over a year ago

Harringay

"Watching my Whistletest DVD so much cool stuff

S

I know the exact clip you mean, it's fantastic "

I know this clip too. Was watching it with my mums partner after we just jammed with 12 string guitars. Then got excited when we saw David Byrne playing Psycho Killer on a 12 string.

By *uryWhipMan
over a year ago

Harringay

Iron Maiden - The Prophecy

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

"Dissident- Pearl Jam"

Coool track

I've got Joe Walsh Rocky Mountain Way on while making my tea

By *he Mac LassWoman
over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

The Wonder Stuff - Who Wants To Be The Disco King

By *tooveMan
over a year ago

belfast

And somewhere I've got a disc I can't remember the name of by a totally unknown thrash metal band that i also can't remember the name of. It was given me by the guy behind the counter in a second hand CD store cos he was throwing it away. Highlight is a 4 minute track that just consists of someone shouting FUCK every 10 seconds..."

None as annoying as Coldplay.

over a year ago

Public Service Broadcasting The race for space.

By *ick808Man
over a year ago

Manchester

Fools Gold ..stone Rose's

Unfinished sympathy..massive attack ..my 2 faves

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

The Enemy, bigger cages and longer chains

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

"Today I’ve been listening to The Flying Teapot by Gong

It’s a musical education day "

Oo yes! Nothing quite like a lovely bit of Gong. Daevid Allen was a true genius. Who else could create a whole musical mythology around flying saucers... and flying teacups, flying teapots... Zero the hero, pothead pixies from the planet Gong...

over a year ago

Reel big fish - Talk dirty to me

Post new Message to Thread