Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holidays alone

Jump to newest

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

I've always been on holiday as a couple or with family. I'm single and would love to travel alone . Anybody done this and enjoyed it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I've always been on holiday as a couple or with family. I'm single and would love to travel alone . Anybody done this and enjoyed it "
i go away a lot on my own its fine always meet someone

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Yes I went round Europe on my own for 3 weeks when I left uni and I loved it.

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

Ive taken the odd holiday away from everyone.

Pack a weekend bag and left the misses on her own.

Fly anyway... Grab a car at the airport and a map and have my own adventure.

I find the less you plan the better

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Yes I do albeit as expensive as two

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

No but on my last holiday we met a few people who were travelling alone. One woman about the same age as me tagged along with us for a day and we had a great time.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I go on cruises on my own. Really enjoy it.

over a year ago

"I go on cruises on my own. Really enjoy it. "
eating holidays

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS
over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

I haven't but check out solo holidays, they provide holidays for singles and all meet up as a group. Friend of mine used to do them and she made loads of friends

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"I've always been on holiday as a couple or with family. I'm single and would love to travel alone . Anybody done this and enjoyed it "

I am going to Aus alone on Monday for the rest of the month. Looking forward to hassle free fun and doing whatever the fuck I want

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

I could do it but don't want to look like a loner. I am out going just never done it before

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I go on cruises on my own. Really enjoy it.

eating holidays "

Sightseeing actually

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

eating holidays

Sightseeing actually"

sounds very interesting

over a year ago

I always go away for two weeks at Xmas in my own I find it ok I chat to anyone.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I've travelled extensively on my own and I love it. I'm often happier pottering around solo than I would be with someone else there.

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

I've mentioned going away on my own to work colleagues just to get strange looks and some saying it would be lonely but I don't think it would

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

"I've mentioned going away on my own to work colleagues just to get strange looks and some saying it would be lonely but I don't think it would "

There is a difference between being alone (physical state) and lonely (emotional state )

You can be in a relationship and feel lonely.

A break away from everyone and everything makes me feel recharged and actually want to be around the people I left when I come back.

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

I travel alone fairly frequently - everywhere between long weekend city breaks and month-long trips. Off to Vienna by myself in a month! One day I realised that there were lots of places I wanted to see, and if I waited around for people to come with me I might never get to them all.

When I'm travelling I like to do A Lot - especially if I don't have much time. If I'm with someone else I can get a bit anxious that I'm dragging them round, so when I'm on my own I can relax and see everything I want without worrying. On the other hand I can sometimes miss having someone there to share particularly special experiences with. I'm fairly sociable but also happy in my own company - and with social media, you're always connected anyhow. Would recommend!

over a year ago

I'd do it

By *olourmakerMan
over a year ago

Leeds

I have spent holidays alone many summers.

I always choose to stay at hostels.

Young at mind and looks so I get in touch with people easily.

People guess my age to be about 8 years lower (in average) than it really is.

Just be friendly and ask people what they are up to, or fancy doing what you have planned for the day.

All this ...not for erotic encounters on my behalf. Just normal holidays in London/Barcelona/Ibiza.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My mum has started to go alone since my stepfather died. She loves it and has made lots of friends

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I've travelled alone quite a lot. Gives me the freedom to do things in my own time, as I want to.

I'm not opposed to having good company though

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

I love solo adventures. I like camping alone with just me and my tent the mountains and a nice fire. It's my idea of heaven and I do it often.

I've travelled alot on my own though so I'm happy and confident to adventure alone. It's not for everyone though x

over a year ago

I would love to go on my own but wife would go mental. Get to travel within us for work which is cool but would rather be abroad at a beach holiday on my own

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I went to Rome alone in April for my birthday. I even met a fellow fabber on my first night. It was a very memorable holiday

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Yes I went round Europe on my own for 3 weeks when I left uni and I loved it. "

You were just a groupie for the band weren't you really

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I love solo adventures. I like camping alone with just me and my tent the mountains and a nice fire. It's my idea of heaven and I do it often.

I've travelled alot on my own though so I'm happy and confident to adventure alone. It's not for everyone though x "

I went camping alone on ma bike in Wales a couple of times back in the mid 80's, it was quite therapeutic

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"I love solo adventures. I like camping alone with just me and my tent the mountains and a nice fire. It's my idea of heaven and I do it often.

I've travelled alot on my own though so I'm happy and confident to adventure alone. It's not for everyone though x

I went camping alone on ma bike in Wales a couple of times back in the mid 80's, it was quite therapeutic

"

Exactly .. I always come home more me!

You should have another go!?

By *attb179Man
over a year ago

London

"I could do it but don't want to look like a loner. I am out going just never done it before "

All about self confidence. If you don't feel a loner you won't look a loner.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Exactly .. I always come home more me!

You should have another go!?

"

Arthritis restricts me these days, but me and 3 mates toured most of Western Europe for 6 weeks in 1988

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I also went on single holidays in recent years.

Try Travel One, who are based in E. London. They operate all over the world now, everything is single based and I always found them first class.

Look at the Cruise Line companies, particularly close to a cruise departure date; some lines sell off their cabins at a discounted rate just to get a cabin filled.

EG, a few years back, I'd a Dinner Bed & Breakfast deal at a 5 star hotel for 7 nights in Ibiza + a week's cruise around the Med, all in for £900. Usual price £2100.

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Lots of positive posts .

over a year ago

I have been travelling on my own for years now been to Egypt, Kenya, Turkey, lanzarote naturist, Jersey and naturist campsites in the UK

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Travel and travelled alone, loads of times.. love it, totally please yrself and it makes u a more sociable person, cuz you have to make an effort to speak to new ppl but if u want time in own, then that’s what u do ....

over a year ago

Been going on holidays on my own for past 10 years. You do what you want, when you want, go where you like, meet lot of people.

over a year ago

Done it lots of times , love it do what I want when I want and with who I want , going next month on my own again

By *ightkitty4uWoman
over a year ago

Epsom

"I go on cruises on my own. Really enjoy it. "

How do you get round the ridiculous single prices??

By *ightkitty4uWoman
over a year ago

Epsom

Have done it many times too, it’s easier on your own. See what you what when you want not have to think of someone else’s bladder and stomach!

Even went of did a ski season so I could improve my snowboarding

Currently tying to choose where to go these year... Singapore, Rome, Porto...

over a year ago

Those that travel alone, what companies do you use to book your holidays?

over a year ago

I have to go to a few European cities for 1-2 day workshops / conferences. I usually go alone and love it. It's like a city break on your own

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I have a partner, family and friends I holiday with but I also holiday alone. I need to take time out from everyone and just do me and I love it.

I use a travel company so I have company should I want it. I usually prebook all the excursions too. People are very friendly and talk to you.

You'll enjoy it.

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

"Those that travel alone, what companies do you use to book your holidays?"

None, book own flights, accom from air bnb or hostels .. car hire, do it all independently

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

I've been away on my own a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed it xx

over a year ago

eating holidays

Sightseeing actually"

lol would actually only consider a cruise for a trip to egypt

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've mentioned going away on my own to work colleagues just to get strange looks and some saying it would be lonely but I don't think it would "

The only times I've wished for company was the wait in the airport on the way back.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I try to make time each year to go on holiday alone, there are lots of singles deals and I can dip into groups or just go exploring and get lost somewhere

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've mentioned going away on my own to work colleagues just to get strange looks and some saying it would be lonely but I don't think it would

There is a difference between being alone (physical state) and lonely (emotional state )

You can be in a relationship and feel lonely.

A break away from everyone and everything makes me feel recharged and actually want to be around the people I left when I come back.

"

This!

By *olex99Man
over a year ago

Hull

Simple to book cheap holidays away. Use budget airlines for flights & trivago for hotels. Works a treat for city breaks. I usually do 3 a year & have had some amazing bargains.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I’ve had a few holidays alone. Skiing which is ok for the exercise in the day but dull eating alone in evening as it’s all couples or families.

Cycling- train and ferry to France, cycle and sightseeing all day. Again, eating alone is boring. I’m used to it through years of work travel but on holiday an evening meal with company is all part of the experience.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I travel alone fairly frequently - everywhere between long weekend city breaks and month-long trips. Off to Vienna by myself in a month! One day I realised that there were lots of places I wanted to see, and if I waited around for people to come with me I might never get to them all.

When I'm travelling I like to do A Lot - especially if I don't have much time. If I'm with someone else I can get a bit anxious that I'm dragging them round, so when I'm on my own I can relax and see everything I want without worrying. On the other hand I can sometimes miss having someone there to share particularly special experiences with. I'm fairly sociable but also happy in my own company - and with social media, you're always connected anyhow. Would recommend!"

I remember going on holiday with friends and discovering sitting by a pool eating and drinking all day was boring as fuck so went on excursions on my own.

What's the point of going to another country and never seeing anything outside of the drive from the airport?

One of my happiest moments was walking around the souq in Marrakech on my own.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Those that travel alone, what companies do you use to book your holidays?"

Travelsphere favourite for me as they have loads of excursions and guides. They have small groups (14 on the last trip) and comfy minibuses to take you around and good local guides. You all stay in the same hotel.

Newmarket are good too, more geared for travellers who want more of a "solo" experience as the tours usually attract hundreds and the group spread over several hotels.

They take you on excursions but leave you there. You're left to spend the day as you wish before being picked up at a designated time.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"I travel alone fairly frequently - everywhere between long weekend city breaks and month-long trips. Off to Vienna by myself in a month! One day I realised that there were lots of places I wanted to see, and if I waited around for people to come with me I might never get to them all.

When I'm travelling I like to do A Lot - especially if I don't have much time. If I'm with someone else I can get a bit anxious that I'm dragging them round, so when I'm on my own I can relax and see everything I want without worrying. On the other hand I can sometimes miss having someone there to share particularly special experiences with. I'm fairly sociable but also happy in my own company - and with social media, you're always connected anyhow. Would recommend!"

Admire someone who likes to get out and about taking in the cultural instead of laying around a swimming pool. But each to their own

over a year ago

"I've travelled extensively on my own and I love it. I'm often happier pottering around solo than I would be with someone else there."

Im the same - I love wandering around a city / town on my own. At my own pace, going where I want to to, even getting a bit lost is fun. Also enjoy trying new foods from local menus and not being exactly sure what is coming to the table. Many people don't want to wander around and try new foods in places off the tourist hotspots so I make the most of the opportunities that travelling alone offers me

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I go alone but tend to only go to places i know well. Daytime is fine but evenings can be a bit lonely.

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 12/01/20 09:42:25]

By *LOVEpinacoladasWoman
over a year ago

East Sussex

"One of my happiest moments was walking around the souq in Marrakech on my own. "

Marrakechh is on my 'to visit' list - maybe with some hiking in the Atlas mountains. :D

over a year ago

Quite often take myself off for a few days staying in guest houses. I love exploring new places usually with a nature reserve in mind. Have been on many wildlife tours, consisting of 15/20 people, in the UK or abroad. Didn't know anyone but having a mutual love of wildlife soon gets you talking. You can either sit indoors alone feeling sorry for yourself or get out there and enjoy life

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

All sounds interesting. Different comments. I'm going to Tenerife in march for a few days with a group . I'm thinking about going a few days before see how that goes on my own

By *ivek68 OP   Man
over a year ago

york

Group of friends for 50 th

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Just booked a few days away, alone

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

I frequently travel/holiday on my own and have done since in my early 20’s.

I enjoy history which isn’t to everyones liking, so to go exactly where you wish without having to oblige anyone else suits me.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

Before my lad came along I’ve spent most my adult life going on holiday on my own, around Europe, Egypt etc and loved it

I get to do what I want to do. My friends just want to sit on the beach and go to bars in the evening, I like to sit a little while but then go explore. Luckily my lad likes to travel and has the same mindset as me, what are we going to see today

Got my first alone holiday in 14 years coming up and I can’t bloody wait

over a year ago

i enjoy architecture and history but their are many places i wouldn't visit and certainly as a woman travelling alone but being adventurous is the spice of life

over a year ago

There are loads of clubs for people travelling by themselves ... if you don't fancy venturing out on your own..

over a year ago

This year will hopefully be my first year of travel with Flashpack. It's a site for 30 to 40 year old solo traveller and you are put in groups of 12 so I wont be truly alone. I'll be without people I know though so still be an adventure in itself

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

interesting to see so many solo travellers here

almost tempting to suggest having a fab trip together, or at least for some of the trip.

I'm currently looking at cheap flights for weekends away in Feb.

By *ultrySiriWoman
over a year ago

Arundel

I love shopping and holidays alone. Even a quiet meal alone. Love not having to compromise.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

"Those that travel alone, what companies do you use to book your holidays?

Travelsphere favourite for me as they have loads of excursions and guides. They have small groups (14 on the last trip) and comfy minibuses to take you around and good local guides. You all stay in the same hotel.

Newmarket are good too, more geared for travellers who want more of a "solo" experience as the tours usually attract hundreds and the group spread over several hotels.

They take you on excursions but leave you there. You're left to spend the day as you wish before being picked up at a designated time."

Travelsphere for me too. I did most of my USA holidays (apart from New York) with them.

Highly recommend them

By *ovegames42Man
over a year ago

london

"interesting to see so many solo travellers here

almost tempting to suggest having a fab trip together, or at least for some of the trip.

I'm currently looking at cheap flights for weekends away in Feb."

What a great idea, single fabsters going on holiday together “ a social in the sun “.

over a year ago

"I frequently travel/holiday on my own and have done since in my early 20’s.

I enjoy history which isn’t to everyones liking, so to go exactly where you wish without having to oblige anyone else suits me.

"

You sound like a great travelling companion. I really like idling around historical sites when I'm abroad.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I love going on holiday alone.

Most recently was Milan.. Catania and then Malta... and I loved it x

over a year ago

I'm just off to the airport now. Another trip alone. My colleague is Ill

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

I've travelled alot on my own though so I'm happy and confident to adventure alone. It's not for everyone though x "

Blimey Freya, ive just looked at your profil and pitched a tent myself!

over a year ago

I already booked 3 holidays this year all single person resorts

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"i enjoy architecture and history but their are many places i wouldn't visit and certainly as a woman travelling alone but being adventurous is the spice of life "

I've been to the Middle East, South America and the Carribean on my own and never encountered any problems. Where wouldn't you travel to ?

By *orwidMan
over a year ago

heywood

I have just come back from a cruise with ncl

They have studio cabins on some ships with a dedicated lounge area for solos also arrange meals together and other activities....can recommend!!

By *punkymonkey40Man
over a year ago

derby

Go on a small cruise somewhere on your own.. Has you end up being in a small group of people all the time I went to egypt with my mum on our first holiday since my dad's passing and her retuning back from bulgaria.. And we was mostly with the same people at the dinner table but got to know all the others during the trips we did.. There was a guy who was on his own and people went out their way to include him.

Added tip do it on your birthday..

But I have been to south Africa on my own but that's because I was staying with a friend and now also go to Bulgaria on my own but that's to sort my property out over there and pay some bills

over a year ago

On a mooch

The only annoying thing about travelling alone is the cost, why does it double if a single traveller ? One less person on a plane and less person all inclusive.

I knew there was a reason I always booked things separately rather than a deal with an operator !

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"The only annoying thing about travelling alone is the cost, why does it double if a single traveller ? One less person on a plane and less person all inclusive.

I knew there was a reason I always booked things separately rather than a deal with an operator ! "

it does annoy me too. Why should I have to pay more when only one of me x

over a year ago

On a mooch

"The only annoying thing about travelling alone is the cost, why does it double if a single traveller ? One less person on a plane and less person all inclusive.

I knew there was a reason I always booked things separately rather than a deal with an operator ! it does annoy me too. Why should I have to pay more when only one of me x "

Been looking at Mexico recently... 14 day tour / beach stay, all inclusive. Automatically defaults to 2 people £2,100. I change that you one person same tour and it goes up to £3,750 !!

I should just throw someone in my suitcase, as paying for a ghost anyway haha

Post new Message to Thread