Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Deaf man in Bristol

Jump to newest

By *ammy55 OP   Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Hi everyone

I’m interested in meeting anyone who can communicate in sign language or fancies giving it a go.

I’m friendly and laid back. I’m happy to have a coffee with no pressure.

I’m well verified and I bet I can make you laugh.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *epsonWoman
over a year ago

Biddulph

Your profile says English is not your first language, but you are easy to communicate with ?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Your profile says English is not your first language, but you are easy to communicate with ?"

My first language isn't English either, but I can communicate perfectly well with English people. Also, if they don't understand at first, I just shout louder and they soon get it

over a year ago

I imagine the OP's first languagw is sign no?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I'd love to learn sign language. I'd love to have a fab person that could teach me something new and non sexual like that in between the sex

Good luck op.

over a year ago

"I imagine the OP's first languagw is sign no?"

It could well be, but it depend on what sign language - there are about 300. I can do basic Japanese and Hebrew sign languages that would be incomprehensible to someone who uses BSL. Same as spoken language!

over a year ago

"Your profile says English is not your first language, but you are easy to communicate with ?

My first language isn't English either, but I can communicate perfectly well with English people. Also, if they don't understand at first, I just shout louder and they soon get it "

By *Man1263Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"I'd love to learn sign language. I'd love to have a fab person that could teach me something new and non sexual like that in between the sex

Good luck op. "

It also has regional accents.

By *rsTrellisWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Your profile says English is not your first language, but you are easy to communicate with ?"

OP’s first language is British Sign Language.

Loads of my non-signing friends have met him and had a great time. He’s used to communicating with hearing people (and awesome in bed )

By *rsTrellisWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"I imagine the OP's first languagw is sign no?

It could well be, but it depend on what sign language - there are about 300. I can do basic Japanese and Hebrew sign languages that would be incomprehensible to someone who uses BSL. Same as spoken language!"

It’s wouldn’t be incomprehensible. Some elements of sign languages are visual representations of objects/emotions/events. These might to comprehensible to a user of any signed language.

OP uses British Sign Language.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

BSL or British Sign language is seen as a separate language in itself and is the main source of communication between profoundly deaf people.

I myself do ot use it as my speech and hearing is good enough.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"I'd love to learn sign language. I'd love to have a fab person that could teach me something new and non sexual like that in between the sex

Good luck op. "

If only more people were as enlightened as you

Post new Message to Thread