Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What’s worse?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Being single I don’t have much luck on this site but what’s worse. Been single and not having an luck or been in a relationship and constantly having you advances rejected?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The 2nd is worse thank fuck i make my own luck

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Being in a bad relationship. I’d take being single everytime than endure being made to feel unloved, uncared for and undersexed by someone sharing my bed and my life.

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

Being in a relationship as there are emotional feelings involved. The person you are with is meant to be tactile, physical and sexy and should want to be that way with you. It hurts and can cut like a knife when they reject you time after time.

over a year ago

A bad relationship is a hundred times lonelier than being alone.

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"A bad relationship is a hundred times lonelier than being alone. "

This

By *heLaserGuyMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"Being in a relationship as there are emotional feelings involved. The person you are with is meant to be tactile, physical and sexy and should want to be that way with you. It hurts and can cut like a knife when they reject you time after time."

Exactly this, I remember very vividly how that knife cuts in a shitty relationship.

Takes a long time to get over the constant rejection by someone who supposedly cares for you.

over a year ago

The latter. Been there not good. Makes you feel shit about yourself

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Being single I don’t have much luck on this site but what’s worse. Been single and not having an luck or been in a relationship and constantly having you advances rejected?"

The 2nd one is why i am more than happy to be single now. Constantly being rejected is soul destroying

over a year ago

Yeah nothing good about it

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"Being single I don’t have much luck on this site but what’s worse. Been single and not having an luck or been in a relationship and constantly having you advances rejected?

The 2nd one is why i am more than happy to be single now. Constantly being rejected is soul destroying

"

I agree and that’s precisely why I’m single now too and so much better for it

over a year ago

"Being single I don’t have much luck on this site but what’s worse. Been single and not having an luck or been in a relationship and constantly having you advances rejected?

"

Totally agree

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"Being in a bad relationship. I’d take being single everytime than endure being made to feel unloved, uncared for and undersexed by someone sharing my bed and my life.

"

I (Luke) agree with this. While I was married I thought that if my marriage ended I would just go back to being single, play the field and shun relationships. The I met Hannah and it turns out there are relationships that can be pretty damn good. My marriage was so awful being single definitely would have been better.

over a year ago

"Being in a bad relationship. I’d take being single everytime than endure being made to feel unloved, uncared for and undersexed by someone sharing my bed and my life.

I (Luke) agree with this. While I was married I thought that if my marriage ended I would just go back to being single, play the field and shun relationships. The I met Hannah and it turns out there are relationships that can be pretty damn good. My marriage was so awful being single definitely would have been better. "

Having come out of a similar relationship I was hoping for some success when single but as of yet ( coming to a year now) nothing and it just gets you thinking

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I don't think you can necessarily compare the two OP - they're very different things and states of mind, both of which can be lonely experiences and existences - as with anything the key is finding the changes you need to make to turn the situation around.

I would say that if lack of "success" on here is getting to you, in the kindest possible way, you possibly need to rethink your expectations of the site.

over a year ago

"I don't think you can necessarily compare the two OP - they're very different things and states of mind, both of which can be lonely experiences and existences - as with anything the key is finding the changes you need to make to turn the situation around.

I would say that if lack of "success" on here is getting to you, in the kindest possible way, you possibly need to rethink your expectations of the site."

My expectations are pretty low lol having used the site some years ago as a couple profile and due to other things I thought I would test the water as a single guy. Totally agree both scenarios are a state of mind

over a year ago

Thank you for this post OP.

I think I needed this timely reminder that being single IS better than being in the wrong relationship

By *irestorm 500Couple
over a year ago

coventry

been there and it's the loneliest feeling x storm x

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I need to know what is meant here by 'rejection' ........

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"I don't think you can necessarily compare the two OP - they're very different things and states of mind, both of which can be lonely experiences and existences - as with anything the key is finding the changes you need to make to turn the situation around.

I would say that if lack of "success" on here is getting to you, in the kindest possible way, you possibly need to rethink your expectations of the site."

wise words as always

By *orthern StarsCouple
over a year ago

"A bad relationship is a hundred times lonelier than being alone.

been there and it's the loneliest feeling x storm x"

Me too. It's incredibly lonely and so hurtful. Then you find someone else and realise just how fantastic and fulfilling a marriage can be.

Mrs

over a year ago

"

. I share the same opinion as this lady

over a year ago

. I share

the same opinion as this lady"

I think a lot of us do but every now and then it’s good to get the confirmation from other people

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Both give you opportunity to change things. Being in a relationship gives you all a chance to communicate and negotiate the terms of it, learn and allow it to evolve or end. Single guys here can learn and adapt as well as leave. Both are positive, not negative.

over a year ago

"Both give you opportunity to change things. Being in a relationship gives you all a chance to communicate and negotiate the terms of it, learn and allow it to evolve or end. Single guys here can learn and adapt as well as leave. Both are positive, not negative. "

Very true

over a year ago

Rather be on my own than with some moaning bitch

over a year ago

Definitely the second surely

over a year ago

"

Absolutely agree, was relieved when the last relationship ended (worst from missing the step kids like crazy)

But everyone in work noticed a complete change for the better and I was out of a hostile situation....give me single life and good times and looking forward to the future any day

over a year ago

Absolutely agree, was relieved when the last relationship ended (worst from missing the step kids like crazy)

But everyone in work noticed a complete change for the better and I was out of a hostile situation....give me single life and good times and looking forward to the future any day "

Good luck mate

over a year ago

Spot on

over a year ago

"A bad relationship is a hundred times lonelier than being alone.

Spot on "

It is so very true x

Post new Message to Thread