Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Am I scary?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So reaching out to a wider audience.

I am getting mixed views on my profile. Some saying they love my forthrightness and honesty. Others saying I come across as scary and demanding.

So please, could you give me honest and open views?

I’m just tired of being messed around, but I also don’t want to come across as easy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I like easy.

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

"So reaching out to a wider audience.

I am getting mixed views on my profile. Some saying they love my forthrightness and honesty. Others saying I come across as scary and demanding.

I’m just tired of being messed around, but I also don’t want to come across as easy.

"

It comes across as you know what you want. Pay no attention to what others say. It's your life, find what you want and what makes you happy

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It comes across as you know what you want. Pay no attention to what others say. It's your life, find what you want and what makes you happy "

Second this

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"

Honest and to the point. No problem with it whatsoever.

over a year ago

It's not scary. Its not at all appealing. But its definitely not scary.

By *r_Jake70Man
over a year ago

London

I think it’s a great profile. Just the kind of thing that would attract a message from me. It should frighten off some of the idiots as well, but you’ll never bypass all of them I’ll absolutely keep it as it is.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"

TLDR.

Sorry x

By *urvyandCurious999Woman
over a year ago

Hiding from twats

You definitely don't come across as easy! It's quite blunt and to the point.

over a year ago

Nothing scary about it

over a year ago

TLDR.

Sorry x"

TLDR?

over a year ago

I think are very clear and that's absolutely fine. You will probably find the people who have an issue with it are just narked because they don't fit what your looking for.

over a year ago

"It's not scary. Its not at all appealing. But its definitely not scary.

"

I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s ok some people like coffee instead

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

Do it your way always

over a year ago

"I think are very clear and that's absolutely fine. You will probably find the people who have an issue with it are just narked because they don't fit what your looking for. "

Did I miss the bit where she said what she was looking for?

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

No, not scary at all. A little unwelcoming perhaps though.

over a year ago

I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s ok some people like coffee instead "

The only thing I will add is you have been very clear about what you don't want but no so clear on what you are looking for as in the type of person.

over a year ago

Honest, direct and clear about what you want. I like it

over a year ago

Any (polite) recommendations welcome

over a year ago

"I think are very clear and that's absolutely fine. You will probably find the people who have an issue with it are just narked because they don't fit what your looking for.

Did I miss the bit where she said what she was looking for?"

Well yes I think you did.

over a year ago

I’m not everyone’s cup of tea, but that’s ok some people like coffee instead

The only thing I will add is you have been very clear about what you don't want but no so clear on what you are looking for as in the type of person. "

Noted and thank you x

over a year ago

"

Don't change a thing. If peeps don't like it they aren't for you anyway.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a wider audience, though the one that matches is your target one.

Not scary, though a little stern perhaps. I get that you can have been messed around and that now a lot of your front being presented is to deter that, if possible. I'm unsure if referring to yourself as a bitch is going to be helpful.

I think there's a lot more of you that feels missing - that could cause you to miss out, whilst in battle to try to prevent wasters messing you about.

over a year ago

Yes any woman is scary to me

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It does come across as a little aggressive imo, some blokes can't handle that.

over a year ago

I love it

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Tricky one as it is important to be clear about what you do and do not want.

Personally the approach and attitude is "wrong", it is far from welcoming and while it may not be the person that you are it certainly reads as serious and doesn't feel like much fun would be had. If I was not looking at it through this post as context I'd probably give it a miss even if I were what you are looking for.

The choice and structure of words can go a long way.

over a year ago

"Tricky one as it is important to be clear about what you do and do not want.

Personally the approach and attitude is "wrong", it is far from welcoming and while it may not be the person that you are it certainly reads as serious and doesn't feel like much fun would be had. If I was not looking at it through this post as context I'd probably give it a miss even if I were what you are looking for.

The choice and structure of words can go a long way. "

Thank you and noted x

By *uciferLingerieMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"

Nothing wrong with being honest on here...makes a refreshing change! And tbh from a lot of the comments and statuses I read on this site, being blunt is something that is often required for some nuggets to get the message!

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Nice bum picture - 22nd Oct x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its blunt and all about you not what your looking for apart from you dont want someone shorter. Would definetly put me off but im not.your target audience

over a year ago

"I think are very clear and that's absolutely fine. You will probably find the people who have an issue with it are just narked because they don't fit what your looking for.

Well yes I think you did. "

Odd. Given that you have just said in another post that the profile isn't very clear about what she's looking for.

To be honest it just reads as a frustrated rant. It says lots without really saying anything at all. I have no idea what the OP is looking for beyond some extremely broad parameters such as non smokers and know nothing much about the OP beyond the impression shed be hard word

over a year ago

"Nice bum picture - 22nd Oct x"

Thanks and you Mr were going to let me know when you were free on a Thursday

over a year ago

"Its blunt and all about you not what your looking for apart from you dont want someone shorter. Would definetly put me off but im not.your target audience"

Noted, thanks

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"Nice bum picture - 22nd Oct x

Thanks and you Mr were going to let me know when you were free on a Thursday "

I haven't forgotten x

over a year ago

Odd. Given that you have just said in another post that the profile isn't very clear about what she's looking for.

To be honest it just reads as a frustrated rant. It says lots without really saying anything at all. I have no idea what the OP is looking for beyond some extremely broad parameters such as non smokers and know nothing much about the OP beyond the impression shed be hard word

"

You do know I can read these right? No need to be rude

over a year ago

It’s your profile. Do as you please

over a year ago

"Nice bum picture - 22nd Oct x

Thanks and you Mr were going to let me know when you were free on a Thursday

I haven't forgotten x"

Goody good

over a year ago

"

Not sure why you are picking an argument.

It is perfectly possible to give your opinion without being obtuse.

By *az080378Woman
over a year ago

Cromer

I think the profile is to the point and seems based on the messages and experience's you have already had on here.

It's not scary though at all.

I would agree with others in that it doesn't say what kind of person you are looking for and so could potentially put someone off messaging you.

Great photos too

over a year ago

You do know I can read these right? No need to be rude "

You asked for opinions

over a year ago

You do know I can read these right? No need to be rude

You asked for opinions "

Well I can assure you I am not hard work

over a year ago

"I think the profile is to the point and seems based on the messages and experience's you have already had on here.

It's not scary though at all.

I would agree with others in that it doesn't say what kind of person you are looking for and so could potentially put someone off messaging you.

Great photos too "

Thank you x

over a year ago

You mention you don’t meet short guys twice

By *he Ring WraithMan
over a year ago

Bradford

OP just be who and what you are, there will be people who dislike that, there will be people who like it and there will be others who are totally indifferent.

but the main thing is to be yourself on here; my profile isn't great, it is not appealing to most, but it is ME !

enjoy fab for what you want from it, and forget what other people think you should want or do.

By *ire_thornMan
over a year ago

no comment

"

You referenced not wanting a guy shorter than you twice.. Didnt think it was really needed.. To me it sounds like you kinda know what you want but you make it seem like they're a list of demands. Referring to yourself as a heartless b**** might instantly put that stigmata on you.. I know after reading that.. Your text took on a different less friendly tone. It is my opinion that referring to yourself the way you did it was kind of like a warning shot across the bow. As far as meetings friend request real life obligations... All those things were fairly on point.. And to the point. But as to the first part of your profile text... And again. Only my humble opinion. You do seem to come off a little harsh and demanding.

Hope that helps

over a year ago

I had a read.

Very clear about what you want. Heartless bitch made me laugh, I think it's fine x

over a year ago

You referenced not wanting a guy shorter than you twice.. Didnt think it was really needed.. To me it sounds like you kinda know what you want but you make it seem like they're a list of demands. Referring to yourself as a heartless b**** might instantly put that stigmata on you.. I know after reading that.. Your text took on a different less friendly tone. It is my opinion that referring to yourself the way you did it was kind of like a warning shot across the bow. As far as meetings friend request real life obligations... All those things were fairly on point.. And to the point. But as to the first part of your profile text... And again. Only my humble opinion. You do seem to come off a little harsh and demanding.

Hope that helps"

Thank you x

over a year ago

Ok peeps thank you, going to have an edit and tidy up.

Thanks for the helpful comments received

By *affron40Woman
over a year ago

manchester

I’ve rewritten mine a few times OP.. it’s quite toned down at the moment but I’m sure that’ll change. When I do my profile I read it and think ‘does this sound like me?’ If the answer is yes it’s ok with me. I know more about what I don’t want than do, as many others do also. If people don’t like that, it’s fine. It’s a filter in itself.. just be you x

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I’ve rewritten mine a few times OP.. it’s quite toned down at the moment but I’m sure that’ll change. When I do my profile I read it and think ‘does this sound like me?’ If the answer is yes it’s ok with me. I know more about what I don’t want than do, as many others do also. If people don’t like that, it’s fine. It’s a filter in itself.. just be you x"

I agree, though even then its still harder to see it from that as an outsider. I still think its possible to do as you are saying, BUT with a certain approachability that doesn't always come across in profiles due to wanting to make sure what you don't want is put off by it.

over a year ago

"

Lovely profile it’s normal to me pictures look great all good as far as I can see

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I missed it, damn. Sometimes I think mine is too harsh op, then I think fuck it, I'm doing OK with the profile I have

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The ones who say you're demanding are probably the ones who mess you around.

By *ire_thornMan
over a year ago

no comment

Hope that helps

Thank you x"

You're welcome

over a year ago

Better to be honest and to the point you know what you want stick with it

Post new Message to Thread