Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vegan why why why ....

Jump to newest

By *urning the kink OP   Man
over a year ago

bristol

Has kfc introduced vegan burgers

Surely no vegan would go into kfc anyway.

Thoughts ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hloevtTV/TS
over a year ago

norwich

Each to whatever keeps them happy, I would be a crap vegy, I like getting meat in me way to much x

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

I install process equipment in the factories that mass process poultry for KFC and after the sights and smells in those places I’d readily take their vegan option over the chicken

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It might not be first choice for a vegan but at least if they're being dragged there by friends or family they now have an option other than fries and corn on the cob.

over a year ago

Always good to have an option. Doesn’t impact the people going their to eat chicken so why not

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

"It might not be first choice for a vegan but at least if they're being dragged there by friends or family they now have an option other than fries and corn on the cob. "

This is what I think. One of my students always begs me to take him and I refuse because there's nothing for me. I may relent now once in a while.

over a year ago

"Has kfc introduced vegan burgers

Thoughts ? "

When my kids grow up I think meat eating will be equated to bear bating in terms of social acceptance.

By *mberWoman
over a year ago

Preston

Had your seen the new burger king advert for their plant based burger.

...may be unsuitable for vegetarians due to the cooking methods used...

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Strange as it might seem to you but vegans do actually have friends who are non vegan....shock horror!!!So there's now a veggie/vegan choice for them while their friends chow down on a Bargain Bucket.

Hope that hasn't totally blown your mind

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

You could have said the same about Gregg's yet look how well their vegan sausage roll sold. Think it is called jumping on the bandwagon.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It might not be first choice for a vegan but at least if they're being dragged there by friends or family they now have an option other than fries and corn on the cob. "

God I've been there before when with a group all wanting to go to KFC. I don't want to be awkward so I've ended up eating chips and beans for my dinner.

over a year ago

"Always good to have an option. Doesn’t impact the people going their to eat chicken so why not "

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

KFC have obviously seen a gap in the market. Clearly they think there will be some appeal.

Personally I don't think I could become a vegan and have respect for those that do, because it takes far more discipline than I have. However, I think I could handle a veggie diet if it wasn't for the smell of bacon.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think they're just giving a vegan choice , I am a vegetarian with a daughter eats meat it means I could take it KFC if I wanted and I could eat.

By *ired_upMan
over a year ago

ashton

"KFC have obviously seen a gap in the market. Clearly they think there will be some appeal.

Personally I don't think I could become a vegan and have respect for those that do, because it takes far more discipline than I have. However, I think I could handle a veggie diet if it wasn't for the smell of bacon."

Just be flexitarian. Be veggie and have bacon when you fancy it.

I'm vegan and might go to KFC as the more people go, the more products they make and the less suffering for animals. Like Greggs. The more people buy vegan the more things they make for vegans.

The plant based burger is not vegan as it does not have vegan mayo and is cooked on the same thing as the meat. So if you let the latter go the former is not acceptable. To be fair to BK they never claimed the burger was vegan. It's the media that have said it is.

By *urious8812Couple
over a year ago

dorchester

Vegans don’t live in fields, foraging for fallen fruit. We live amongst you. And shop in supermarkets that sell both plants and meat. And eat out in the restaurants and cafes that most people eat in. I’ve not eaten in a KFC for about 25 years. This week I did, and you know what? I will again

over a year ago

If you're a vegan and you buy the burger from a restaurant whi murders 100s of millions of chickens then your dull

over a year ago

I get all this but veganism has become the en vogue thing to do without really understanding why

over a year ago

Thoughts ? "

So fucking what?!?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Meat eating is destroying future potential life on earth, to a significant extent. Eating less meat is aided by morw choices, especially for those who like meat.

Increasingly, more people are becoming flexible and not insisting on meat or animal derived food at every meal.

For food companies, they may as well get in early with their options, as it's probably going to become a growing proportion of their trade in future.

over a year ago

But the chips are cooked in the same oil as the chicken!!

I can bet that the vegan option is not kept or prepared away from the meat.

over a year ago

Why did the vegan cross the road?

So they could also tell everybody on that side of the road they are a vegan lol.

over a year ago

If a vegan is a vegan because of their beliefs towards animal welfare, then they shouldnt be giving money to a company that slaughters billions of chickens a year.

No matter what they order off the menu

over a year ago

"If a vegan is a vegan because of their beliefs towards animal welfare, then they shouldnt be giving money to a company that slaughters billions of chickens a year.

No matter what they order off the menu"

How about shopping in supermarkets... And when you start looking into who is owned by who, it gets really tricky... Also lots of traditional meat processors are starting to buy smaller vegan firms ... Its not clear cut unfortunately

over a year ago

Thoughts ? "

There cooked in the same fat as chicken

over a year ago

"If a vegan is a vegan because of their beliefs towards animal welfare, then they shouldnt be giving money to a company that slaughters billions of chickens a year.

No matter what they order off the menu

How about shopping in supermarkets... And when you start looking into who is owned by who, it gets really tricky... Also lots of traditional meat processors are starting to buy smaller vegan firms ... Its not clear cut unfortunately"

Yea when you look down the line of who owns who then fair enough. But this is giving money directly to a company who kills animals around the globe

over a year ago

Thoughts ?

There cooked in the same fat as chicken "

No i believe the new vegan burgers are ok, however the fries are cooked with the chicken nuggets

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Humans are carnivores its why we have the teeth.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I've got nothing against veganism as a principle if practiced ecologically... and whilst it very much can be, it so often isn't.

So... what I can't abide is the incessant moralising hypocrisy droning on and on and on and on from the right-on etiolated anaemics you see wearing their faux-leather boots and man-made fibre pantilons that you just know are going to end up in the microplastic soup, as they munch on their jungle burning GM soya pancakes and flaunt their selfies from a cheap flight to Goa on their rare-earth mineral smartphones.

Yeah right... saving the fucking planet!

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I've got nothing against veganism as a principle if practiced ecologically... and whilst it very much can be, it so often isn't.

So... what I can't abide is the incessant moralising hypocrisy droning on and on and on and on from the right-on etiolated anaemics you see wearing their faux-leather boots and man-made fibre pantilons that you just know are going to end up in the microplastic soup, as they munch on their jungle burning GM soya pancakes and flaunt their selfies from a cheap flight to Goa on their rare-earth mineral smartphones.

Yeah right... saving the fucking planet! "

over a year ago

So that people can buy vegan food from KFC. It's just business. People want it, companies will sell it. Like it or not, vegan options are becoming mainstream. If it makes money, they'll keep selling it. If not, they won't.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman
over a year ago

Magical Forrest

I am rolling my eyes...

I worked in a vegan cafe... the food is amazing....

I became a vegan for 6 months... ate what they said I should eat...

Became anaemic ... one of the girls who had been a vegan for years was constantly sick... in the end she had to start eating eggs dairy and occasionally meat...

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

It never ceases to amaze how people get their knickers in a twist about what other people do or don't eat.

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I think it depends on the reason someone is a vegan. It's not always because they care for animals. For some it's because they believe a plant based diet us healthier for them, for others it could be an ecological stance, for others it could be that their bodies can't tolerate meat because if a health issue. For people that are vegan due to caring about animals I would imagine it would still be an issue to buy food from a company like KFC.

over a year ago

People being obsessed with vegans and what they eat - why, why, why?

over a year ago

"Humans are carnivores its why we have the teeth.

"

Actually we're omnivores. Some of us choose to eat just the veg and get on just fine, just as we choose not to live in caves.

Incidentally, sex is biologically for procreation. Birth control methods aren't natural so I assume you don't use any on your Fab meets?

over a year ago

KFC are just jumping on the bandwagon, it’s good for making vegan more acceptable, but I still probably would go to a kfc on principle. There’s many other food outlets offering vegan food for me

By *ultrySiriWoman
over a year ago

Arundel

So your vegan friends dont feel left out on a d*unken junk food binge i guess?

By *ipvanwinkieMan
over a year ago

out of town!

KFC wouldn’t enter into this at all if they couldn’t see a market associated with vegans.

I’m not vegan but I honestly don’t mind. I’m certainly not going to get a major sweat on because KFC (where I don’t eat anyway) have chosen this. Meat is something I eat as part of my diet but it’s by no means the only thing.

Many outlets are providing plant based alternatives now and I’m keeping an open mind. I’ve tried some of what other outlets are offering and it’s a far cry from what it was even a few years ago. In the meantime, it’s none of my business what anyone else on this site eats, just as I’d seek nobody’s advice on here what I should be eating.

Just my £0.02

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

Like every other fad fashion, it will come and go justvas soon as Veguary is over.

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

It's hardly a fad, that's rude and dismissive of people's considered life choices.

over a year ago

"Strange as it might seem to you but vegans do actually have friends who are non vegan....shock horror!!!So there's now a veggie/vegan choice for them while their friends chow down on a Bargain Bucket.

Hope that hasn't totally blown your mind

"

No way!

I mean really?

You’re clowning me right?

I sense clowns...

over a year ago

I respect people’s choice to go vegan or vegetarian and do have veggie stuff in my freezer but when you hear vegans shouting abuse at people in restaurants because they are eating meat or protesting outside butchers shops this pisses me off. I know exactly how I would react if I was in a restaurant and someone tried to tell me what I can and can’t eat. Also as for saving the planet even vegetables are delivered in lorries so not totally environmentally friendly

over a year ago

Aren't most Veggies (in the uk) grown with methods using animal waste as fertiliser and even "Bonemeal"?

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

"It's hardly a fad, that's rude and dismissive of people's considered life choices."

The one month Veganuary will come and go along with 99% of those who try it.

It’s like most things today, it gets promoted on social media and the sheep follow as ever.

I wasn’t being dismissive just saying that the current promoted Veganism is just that.

A true vegan will like the rest of us, just see this as another social media event.

over a year ago

Each to their own, i wouldnt become vegan, my mates vegan... he was a preachy type i was straight with him, told him if thats the life he wants fine but stop mentioning it around me and preaching else he'll lose my friendship.. hes ok now around me.

I think its good to have choice it does seem a fad with some that will faze out eventually.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

For some it is an ethical choice. For some it's a fad just like skateboarding and bell bottoms. You know the type, they start a new hobby like scuba diving and six months later their air tanks are on e bay for a song.

By *andKBCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

I'm vegan and its very damn tasty!!

I'm vegan for medical reasons so for me its great to have an option.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"It's hardly a fad, that's rude and dismissive of people's considered life choices.

It’s like most things today, it gets promoted on social media and the sheep follow as ever.

I wasn’t being dismissive just saying that the current promoted Veganism is just that.

A true vegan will like the rest of us, just see this as another social media event."

I agree with this to be honest. Only a very small number/percentage of those doing it will continue once it is over. Just like dry January and all the other month long trendy challenges.

It is great for awareness but don't be naive to think veganuary itself is anything more than a trend to most doing it. Hell, most of those doing it will cut corners and at best go vegetarian, not vegan.

That is not dismissive to genuine current vegans, nor is it to those who will genuinely continue as vegan afterward. It is to anyone being a simple mindless follower of what their social media tells them to do - doing it for no reason other than their Internet hero is trying it, who in turn is likely doing it for attention and content, exactly how social media trends work.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Before Feb most will have given up vegan January ..

Most will be back on the beer

And everyone much happier

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I think you look like meat O.P.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"I think you look like meat O.P."

Why thank you...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I think you look like meat O.P.

Why thank you..."

Tom, you are not the O.P.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Why thank you...

Tom, you are not the O.P."

Sorry

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Why thank you...

Tom, you are not the O.P.

Sorry "

No problem. Let's pretend you are the O.P . and you can be meat too ....... okay?

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I won`t eat in Muck Donalds or KFC after having what I regarded as sub-standard meals in both - a breakfast platter in Muck Donalds that was tasteless and a meal in KFC that was barely warm when I started in and was thrown away un-finished because what little temperature that was in it was gone!

Because of this, I wouldn`t trust any fast food outlet that sells both regular and vegan meals if having my meal vegan was important to me. There`s enough problems with various food allergies without getting other foods mixed up as well.

By *allAdventurerMan
over a year ago

London/Essex

I guess it has got something to do with Capitalism. First they introduced “Game Changers” through Netflix while have created a word like “Veganuary” so people will be a Vegan on January.

As being a restaurateur (the food we serve mainly grilled meats) I had to join to the party and create some Vegan foods. To be honest, most of the vegan foods are heavily processed foods like vegan cheese?? Vegan sausage?? Vegan bacon ??

over a year ago

Strange obsession with vegans on this forum.

Doesn't affect anyone other than the person choosing not to eat meat so what's the issue?

Fyi I've had the vegan kfc burger and its lovely

over a year ago

"I guess it has got something to do with Capitalism. First they introduced “Game Changers” through Netflix while have created a word like “Veganuary” so people will be a Vegan on January.

As being a restaurateur (the food we serve mainly grilled meats) I had to join to the party and create some Vegan foods. To be honest, most of the vegan foods are heavily processed foods like vegan cheese?? Vegan sausage?? Vegan bacon ?? "

Some vegans/veggies are only that way because they dont like the thought of eating dead animals but do enjoy the taste/texture of it, if that's makes sense, hence why there are so many fake meat options.

People who are vegan/veggie for health reasons probably wouldnt touch that stuff with a barfe pole

over a year ago

"It never ceases to amaze how people get their knickers in a twist about what other people do or don't eat."

This. Each to their own. Move on

over a year ago

*barge

over a year ago

"It's hardly a fad, that's rude and dismissive of people's considered life choices.

A true vegan will like the rest of us, just see this as another social media event.

I agree with this to be honest. Only a very small number/percentage of those doing it will continue once it is over. Just like dry January and all the other month long trendy challenges.

It is great for awareness but don't be naive to think veganuary itself is anything more than a trend to most doing it. Hell, most of those doing it will cut corners and at best go vegetarian, not vegan.

That is not dismissive to genuine current vegans, nor is it to those who will genuinely continue as vegan afterward. It is to anyone being a simple mindless follower of what their social media tells them to do - doing it for no reason other than their Internet hero is trying it, who in turn is likely doing it for attention and content, exactly how social media trends work. "

Agreed, but even a small sacrifice is better than no sacrifice at all no?

Post new Message to Thread