FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why is megan and harry moving from the uk?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

To canada? It seems like they are doing a brexit and they havent said any thing to their families is it cos of brexit?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *athan 123Man
over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

"To canada? It seems like they are doing a brexit and they havent said any thing to their families is it cos of brexit? "
. I don’t care sorry

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Reckon it’s her. She seems to be the Yoko Ono of the royal family

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Could it be that they want a private life?

over a year ago

It's a better place? Guess people decide what's best for them and pursue it. Goid luck to them and anyone who takes steps to improve their lives.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

It's all about Meeagain

over a year ago

Think she likes the movie star treatment but not the confines of royalty.

Good luck as long as they become financially independent I'm all for it!

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

He’s a minor royal and she’s a wannabe so leave them to it, particularly as we won’t be funding them.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

They decided to step back from the Royal family and work towards being financially independent. He is a minor royal, 6th in line to the throne. Good luck to them, I don't blame them.

over a year ago

Who????!

Bye!!!

T

over a year ago

over a year ago

"Reckon it’s her. She seems to be the Yoko Ono of the royal family "
Yes I reckon it is about her too.

over a year ago

"To canada? It seems like they are doing a brexit and they havent said any thing to their families is it cos of brexit? "

According to tabloid wags, it's "Megxit".

over a year ago

Have a look on the Daily Mail website. The vitriol in the headlines is unbelievable I dread to think what the articles and comments are like. And there's your answer. Why wouldn't they walk away from that sort of shit storm

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

a huge row erupts in most families from time to time, sadly this one is being played out in public with huge amounts of misleading information and manipulation from both sides.

The monarchy will protect itself, they will go their own way and people will as always blame the woman.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I wish the Queen had a regional accent, like a Birmingham or Yorkshire or Liverpudlian one.

“Ay oop, chuck” type of thing.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

Love the royal family. But if they want to be self funding then the tax payer shouldn’t have to pay anything towards them that includes security etc. And they shouldn’t make money from the house that’s been refurbished for them either, maybe. Good luck to them.

Mrs J x

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I wish the Queen had a regional accent, like a Birmingham or Yorkshire or Liverpudlian one.

“Ay oop, chuck” type of thing. "

she has. Its broad Sussex. That's why she's so upset. Don't tell me you've never met her

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I wish the Queen had a regional accent, like a Birmingham or Yorkshire or Liverpudlian one.

“Ay oop, chuck” type of thing.

she has. Its broad Sussex. That's why she's so upset. Don't tell me you've never met her "

No, and I’ve not met any queens either. Prince Charles says ‘traysers’ instead of ‘trousers’ for further insight and interest.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/01/20 21:48:41]

over a year ago

Because Canada is beautiful and boris isn’t in charge there.

That’s better than the first attempt!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Love the royal family. But if they want to be self funding then the tax payer shouldn’t have to pay anything towards them that includes security etc. And they shouldn’t make money from the house that’s been refurbished for them either, maybe. Good luck to them.

Mrs J x "

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

dont let the door hit them in the arse on the way out.only another 40 or so free loaders to get rid of now.

over a year ago

Where are they likely to live?

I'd assume British Columbia. I expect it's a stop gap and soon enough the Megan will head for home and the good ol' USA.

Anyway, how often are we going to be updated on their 'privacy'. Hmmm....

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Where are they likely to live?

I'd assume British Columbia. I expect it's a stop gap and soon enough the Megan will head for home and the good ol' USA.

Anyway, how often are we going to be updated on their 'privacy'. Hmmm...."

She's already gone back to America.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

"Love the royal family. But if they want to be self funding then the tax payer shouldn’t have to pay anything towards them that includes security etc. And they shouldn’t make money from the house that’s been refurbished for them either, maybe. Good luck to them.

Mrs J x

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen "

Yep remember now. Thought they’d been given it but they are just allowed to live there!

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

She's already gone back to America."

thought it was Canada she's gone to ?

Bunty X

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Mrs J x

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen

Yep remember now. Thought they’d been given it but they are just allowed to live there! "

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

Cause Megan forgot to do her due diligence before marrying into the family.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Rumours are circulating that they jumped before they were pushed.. mark my words it will all come out in time.. forces are at work that we are not privy too

By *moothdickMan
over a year ago

stoke

Cuz the council tax is to high and the bins only get emptied every two weeks

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

She's already gone back to America. thought it was Canada she's gone to ?

Bunty X "

Yep you're right she allegedly left Archie there with a friend, what's she thinking of, why wouldn't you want your baby with you?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Cause Megan forgot to do her due diligence before marrying into the family.

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

I agree with you there

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Rumours are circulating that they jumped before they were pushed.. mark my words it will all come out in time.. forces are at work that we are not privy too"

What rumour and specifically from where?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Rumours are circulating that they jumped before they were pushed.. mark my words it will all come out in time.. forces are at work that we are not privy too"

I agree with you. The monarchy as an institution is centuries old. It will protect itself an any way it needs to.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Rumours are circulating that they jumped before they were pushed.. mark my words it will all come out in time.. forces are at work that we are not privy too

What rumour and specifically from where? "

I was wondering this too.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Rumours are circulating that they jumped before they were pushed.. mark my words it will all come out in time.. forces are at work that we are not privy too

What rumour and specifically from where? ,

I was wondering this too."

There are rumours even in this thread. Nobody knows the truth in this situation.

My opinion from reading a lot of history and having an amateur interest in the monarchy through the ages, is that as I said the monarchy as an institution and as such is greater than the individuals within it. If one of more individuals threatens it they will be very quickly sidelined one way or another. The propaganda machine in already at work and has been for some time. I don't believe Princess Diana was murdered though.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

There are rumours even in this thread. Nobody knows the truth in this situation.

My opinion from reading a lot of history and having an amateur interest in the monarchy through the ages, is that as I said the monarchy as an institution and as such is greater than the individuals within it. If one of more individuals threatens it they will be very quickly sidelined one way or another. The propaganda machine in already at work and has been for some time. I don't believe Princess Diana was murdered though."

Thank you for explaining that

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My opinion from reading a lot of history and having an amateur interest in the monarchy through the ages, is that as I said the monarchy as an institution and as such is greater than the individuals within it. If one of more individuals threatens it they will be very quickly sidelined one way or another. The propaganda machine in already at work and has been for some time. I don't believe Princess Diana was murdered though.

Thank you for explaining that "

It is only my opinion though. I have no more information than anybody else.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

It is only my opinion though. I have no more information than anybody else. "

Thank you for your opinion, it sounds plausible but none of us know anything really, at the moment, I suspect this will drag on for some time

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It is only my opinion though. I have no more information than anybody else. ,

Thank you for your opinion, it sounds plausible but none of us know anything really, at the moment, I suspect this will drag on for some time "

I think the repercussions of it will. Prince Harry hasn't played his propaganda trump card to the full yet. The current situation I suspect will be resolved asap but there will be damage to both sides that our grandchildren will read about in history books.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

It is only my opinion though. I have no more information than anybody else. ,

Thank you for your opinion, it sounds plausible but none of us know anything really, at the moment, I suspect this will drag on for some time

I think the repercussions of it will. Prince Harry hasn't played his propaganda trump card to the full yet. The current situation I suspect will be resolved asap but there will be damage to both sides that our grandchildren will read about in history books."

Yes more than likely some similarities with Edward and Mrs Simpson, he wanted his cake and eat it, but I think that situation was a lot worse. King George vi never wanted the 'job' and I feel it may have led to his early demise

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

He is under the thumb and it's where she wants to live

over a year ago

Because this is a mean spirited, narrow minded country full of ovine morons who think bigotry is clever, whipped up by the media who act like a pack of slavering, rabid hounds for nothing more than to acheive a fleeting notoriety.

This makes me ashamed to be British, i thought we were better than that but it seems i was wrong.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"He is under the thumb and it's where she wants to live"

Hmmm....makes you wonder doesn't it?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Because this is a mean spirited, narrow minded country full of ovine morons who think bigotry is clever, whipped up by the media who act like a pack of slavering, rabid hounds for nothing more than to acheive a fleeting notoriety.

This makes me ashamed to be British, i thought we were better than that but it seems i was wrong."

Do you blame the press?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't agree but I'm not privy to the dynamic of their marriage.

over a year ago

"Because this is a mean spirited, narrow minded country full of ovine morons who think bigotry is clever, whipped up by the media who act like a pack of slavering, rabid hounds for nothing more than to acheive a fleeting notoriety.

This makes me ashamed to be British, i thought we were better than that but it seems i was wrong.

Do you blame the press?"

And the general public. So they wanted to do things differently, that should be celebrated. Instead the knives came out (who stood in support of them?) and a great opportunity to take the monarchy forward has been wasted. Shame on us all.

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I am not sure they are treated badly but I wonder why they bother reading the papers..

I think the public are generally apathetic and not really interested ..

I may be wrong...

By *J swingCouple
over a year ago

North

Personally this there is a divorce brewing.

over a year ago

canada is a beautiful place

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

For pissing off his Grandma and Grandad he needs to avoid underpasses for a while

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I agree with you there "

over a year ago

"Could it be that they want a private life? "

How very dare they.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"It's all about Meeagain"

Sadly so was the rabid tabloid press, am no great fan of either but she was demonised from outset, something that will resonate significantly with Harry given his mother's experiences.

over a year ago

"It's all about Meeagain

Sadly so was the rabid tabloid press, am no great fan of either but she was demonised from outset, something that will resonate significantly with Harry given his mother's experiences."

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Have a look on the Daily Mail website. The vitriol in the headlines is unbelievable I dread to think what the articles and comments are like. And there's your answer. Why wouldn't they walk away from that sort of shit storm"

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I always thought his mum was the darling of the press..

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

How do you know this, are you their marriage guidance counselor?!

over a year ago

He's trying to protect her, wants to take a step back so the same thing doesn't happen to her as did her mum. He has spoke about his fear for her publically several times, spoke about the press giving her a hard time and such. Both him and William are understandably protective.

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

I'm a member of the general public. I don't think that 'we' have been any worse to Megan than anyone else marrying into the royal family. If she didn't know what she was getting into then more fool her and I think it's evil of her to make Harry choose between his familial obligations and her. That's my reading of it anyway.

over a year ago

Because they have got some sense

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm a member of the general public. I don't think that 'we' have been any worse to Megan than anyone else marrying into the royal family. If she didn't know what she was getting into then more fool her and I think it's evil of her to make Harry choose between his familial obligations and her. That's my reading of it anyway."

Is she making him choose? How do you know this?

over a year ago

Mrs J x

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen "

no it belongs to the royal estate ie The tax payer

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I always thought his mum was the darling of the press.. "

Give it time and that will be used to someone's advantage again.

over a year ago

Its obvious why they are going. Stepping down as major royals means they will not get our money. So they would have to wait six weeks for universal credit.

over a year ago

"He’s a minor royal and she’s a wannabe so leave them to it, particularly as we won’t be funding them."

He’s still the future kings son! Big security risk for the royal family

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I always thought his mum was the darling of the press.. "

So much so that they pursued her to her death-apologies for sounding melodramatic but the public had an unnatural fascination with Diana and the minutiae of her life (both good/bad) and the tabloids would do anything to feed the frenzy and make money.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman
over a year ago

kinky land

I'm not a royalist,

Turn the question around.

You've got 2 world famous names and no real cash flow issues. Why would you stay here?

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Could it be that they want a private life? "
this ... shes been hounded by the press lately and he spoke out saying there doing to her what they did to his mother . . There normal people at the end of the day and want to work on their charitys and such .

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Mrs J x

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen no it belongs to the royal estate ie The tax payer"

It was bought 300 years by Queen Charlotte, not the taxpayer

over a year ago

I wish the rest of them Would move

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

"Could it be that they want a private life?

How very dare they."

Yes. That's the problem. You sacrifice that when you choose to join the firm.

over a year ago

Mrs J x

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen no it belongs to the royal estate ie The tax payer

It was bought 300 years by Queen Charlotte, not the taxpayer "

She was wife of king George the 111

over a year ago

Mrs J x

I agree. They won't make money from the house, it belongs to the Queen no it belongs to the royal estate ie The tax payer

She was wife of king George the 111"

yes it was but then they were put in the crown or royal estate which means it's not there's or The governments as not there private so we pay

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Mrs J x

She was wife of king George the 111"

Quite right, Sandringham is another privately owned residence,bought for the future King Edward VII in 1862

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Mrs J x

She was wife of king George the 111 yes it was but then they were put in the crown or royal estate which means it's not there's or The governments as not there private so we pay "

I think you need to do a little reading....

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

They also own Balmoral, the other residences belong to the Crown Estate

over a year ago

"They also own Balmoral, the other residences belong to the Crown Estate "

Yep including sandringham! Both privately owned by the royals

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"They also own Balmoral, the other residences belong to the Crown Estate

Yep including sandringham! Both privately owned by the royals"

Thank you! Thought I was going barmy

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

Thank you! Thought I was going barmy "

no your absolutely right

Bunty X

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

Probably got chav neighbours and they’ve had enough

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Who cares what their reasoning is. They are both intelligent people and they haven't just had a strop and thrown their teddies out of the pram. They have thought this through.

Let's face it, in a country where a King abdicated to live with a divorced foreigner we can hardly moan if the 6th in line to the throne wants to stop Public duties and wants to live with his own wife.

Personally I wish them well, with the caveat that they both remain away from Public duties for life, no good crawling back in ten years time.

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Why does anyone give a fuck?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Thank you! Thought I was going barmy no your absolutely right

Bunty X "

x

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"To canada? It seems like they are doing a brexit and they havent said any thing to their families is it cos of brexit?

Who cares what their reasoning is. They are both intelligent people and they haven't just had a strop and thrown their teddies out of the pram. They have thought this through.

Let's face it, in a country where a King abdicated to live with a divorced foreigner we can hardly moan if the 6th in line to the throne wants to stop Public duties and wants to live with his own wife.

Personally I wish them well, with the caveat that they both remain away from Public duties for life, no good crawling back in ten years time."

That i do agree with

over a year ago

"Why does anyone give a fuck?"

Because they are our heritage our history of Great Britain,

over a year ago

"Why does anyone give a fuck?

Because they are our heritage our history of Great Britain, "

* are

By *illie99TV/TS
over a year ago

Central Scotland

Not enough decent dogging sites left in the UK??

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

They've had enough of the predatory gutter press - and who can blame them.

Personally, I don't give a shit for them. I think we should abolish the monarchy for the good of everybody. They're a complete anachronism and a waste of public money.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

"They've had enough of the predatory gutter press - and who can blame them.

Personally, I don't give a shit for them. I think we should abolish the monarchy for the good of everybody. They're a complete anachronism and a waste of public money."

I disagree with you sorry , they do a lot of good for the UK and commonwealth

Bunty X

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Have a look on the Daily Mail website. The vitriol in the headlines is unbelievable I dread to think what the articles and comments are like. And there's your answer. Why wouldn't they walk away from that sort of shit storm"

It makes for very disturbing reading. We are living in times of uncertainty with politicians making decisions that will impact our lives. A megalomaniac across the pond who will be safely ensconced in his bunker when the jihadists get going. Jihadists who take little provocation to bomb all and sundry: all this goes unnoticed. All in all about 2,000 comments inclusive.

Meghan and Harry: over 30,000 vitriolic, racist, awful comments all aimed at her. Two pampered people who haven't killed anybody, what they do will have no impact on any of our lives.

I'm truly flummoxed by the hate. Even Camilla didn't get a fraction of this.

over a year ago

"Have a look on the Daily Mail website. The vitriol in the headlines is unbelievable I dread to think what the articles and comments are like. And there's your answer. Why wouldn't they walk away from that sort of shit storm

It makes for very disturbing reading. We are living in times of uncertainty with politicians making decisions that will impact our lives. A megalomaniac across the pond who will be safely ensconced in his bunker when the jihadists get going. Jihadists who take little provocation to bomb all and sundry: all this goes unnoticed. All in all about 2,000 comments inclusive.

Meghan and Harry: over 30,000 vitriolic, racist, awful comments all aimed at her. Two pampered people who haven't killed anybody, what they do will have no impact on any of our lives.

I'm truly flummoxed by the hate. Even Camilla didn't get a fraction of this."

Humans can be truly vile to each other

over a year ago

Mrs J x

She was wife of king George the 111 yes it was but then they were put in the crown or royal estate which means it's not there's or The governments as not there private so we pay

I think you need to do a little reading.... "

o I have the queen only owns Balmoral and Sandringham everything else is in the crown estate including frogmore cottage but if I'm wrong I do apologise

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

The Daily fucking Mail - what do you expect from a shit rag that once ran the headline "Hurrah for the Blackshirts!" - whose owner is a member of the aristocracy who lives abroad for anonymity and to pay not a single penny of UK tax. You'd have to be a cunt to read it.

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

".. You'd have to be a cunt to read it. "

.. and the same goes for The Sun.

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

They got fed up of the poor grammar

It’s are not is

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS
over a year ago

doncaster

Hehehe

Bunty X

over a year ago

Mrs J x

Would you really want our United Kingdom to be under presidential rule? Or royal family like we have done for 1000s of years?

She was wife of king George the 111 yes it was but then they were put in the crown or royal estate which means it's not there's or The governments as not there private so we pay

I think you need to do a little reading.... o I have the queen only owns Balmoral and Sandringham everything else is in the crown estate including frogmore cottage but if I'm wrong I do apologise "

over a year ago

Mrs J x

Would you really want our United Kingdom to be under presidential rule? Or royal family like we have done for 1000s of years?

I think you need to do a little reading.... o I have the queen only owns Balmoral and Sandringham everything else is in the crown estate including frogmore cottage but if I'm wrong I do apologise "

over a year ago

A lovely trip to Paris for them both to be killed off won’t harm anyone?!

over a year ago

It's the maple syrup..

over a year ago

no they arent

over a year ago

Because they are our heritage our history of Great Britain, no they arent"

Ok. Why not ?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

My sister and I said poor cow, she hasn't a clue what's in store for her. If she sticks it she'll be as miserable as Grace Kelly.

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread from people who don’t know H&M but seem to know their personalities and what they want somehow.

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

This makes me ashamed to be British, i thought we were better than that but it seems i was wrong."

Couldn’t have put it better.

I can’t imagine what it feels like to be vilified by the media and the likes of Piers Morgan day in day out.

over a year ago

"I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread from people who don’t know H&M but seem to know their personalities and what they want somehow. "

Oh sorry. Why do you ?

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

I think the issue for the Royal family is that if they do become financially independent, it will bring the likes of Prince Andrew into sharp focus - what's he doing for his money?

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

"

I can’t imagine what it feels like to be vilified by the media and the likes of Piers Morgan day in day out."

If that's what's happening, and I've not seen it myself, it is wrong but the fact that she didn't expect that, wasn't prepared for it by the firm and has a thinner skin than others....

over a year ago

"I think the issue for the Royal family is that if they do become financially independent, it will bring the likes of Prince Andrew into sharp focus - what's he doing for his money?"

He’s stepped back from the royal family. But he’s still the queens son !!

over a year ago

I wonder if we the tax payer can claim back the millions of quid spent on the wedding and fixing up frog house. Since they are no longer doing royal stuff and stepping back from public life....therefore are of no benifit to the tourist economy anymore. Perhaps Harry Hewett and his Mrs could take out a payday loan to make good on the payment

over a year ago

"I wonder if we the tax payer can claim back the millions of quid spent on the wedding and fixing up frog house. Since they are no longer doing royal stuff and stepping back from public life....therefore are of no benifit to the tourist economy anymore. Perhaps Harry Hewett and his Mrs could take out a payday loan to make good on the payment"

Do you know how much money our royal family pull in revenue to our UK?

By *uHorny1Man
over a year ago

Cannock

Exactly- hes stepped back but still getting his full whack from the civil list. Very expensive gardening leave..

over a year ago

"I wonder if we the tax payer can claim back the millions of quid spent on the wedding and fixing up frog house. Since they are no longer doing royal stuff and stepping back from public life....therefore are of no benifit to the tourist economy anymore. Perhaps Harry Hewett and his Mrs could take out a payday loan to make good on the payment

Do you know how much money our royal family pull in revenue to our UK?"

harry hewett and megan? Well....none after this week!

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread from people who don’t know H&M but seem to know their personalities and what they want somehow.

Oh sorry. Why do you ?"

No I don’t. Hence why I don’t feel the need to comment on either of their personalities. Seems stupid since nobody is 100% right unless they personally know them.

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"

I can’t imagine what it feels like to be vilified by the media and the likes of Piers Morgan day in day out.

If that's what's happening, and I've not seen it myself, it is wrong but the fact that she didn't expect that, wasn't prepared for it by the firm and has a thinner skin than others...."

I don’t think having a “thick skin” is the way to deal with vilification from the media followed by thousands of people on social media. Nobody deserves that just for marrying into a family.

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"I wonder if we the tax payer can claim back the millions of quid spent on the wedding and fixing up frog house. Since they are no longer doing royal stuff and stepping back from public life....therefore are of no benifit to the tourist economy anymore. Perhaps Harry Hewett and his Mrs could take out a payday loan to make good on the payment"

It’d be about a 50p refund back to your bank account.

I bet that’d make the world of difference.

By *candiumWoman
over a year ago

oban

"

I don’t think having a “thick skin” is the way to deal with vilification from the media followed by thousands of people on social media. Nobody deserves that just for marrying into a family. "

It's not just a family. Also I disagree that she's been vilified. The only press I've seen about Megan and Harry has come across as her whingeing. Sorry but I don't really have much sympathy for her.

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"

Do you know how much money our royal family pull in revenue to our UK?"

I suspect some come for the pomp and ceremony.

You could put a mannequin in the limo or on top of the horse, and they'd still gawp and take pictures.

By *ervent_fervourMan
over a year ago

Halifax

Great. Makes room for two more refugees, and the money for a hell of a lot more.

Win win!

over a year ago

Sadly as a member of the Royal family, they aren't given the choice of a private life. And often the public (fed by the media) forget they are all still human beings with real thoughts, feelings and fears.

I feel really quite sorry for the Queen at the moment. She's an elderly lady who's family are in crisis. She has all eyes on her and isn't allowed to show any emotion because of a protocol and a job shes was thrust into from a young age. She doesn't get to retire, she's still working on top of all of that.

And professionally she's been made a laughing stock by Parliament and those closest to her.

As for Harry, I'm not surprised he hates the UK media and wants to protect his family. We forget what he went through when his mum died. No child should have to walk behind the coffin of their mother, as millions watch on.

Is it any wonder he wants to leave it all behind?

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I don't think she has been villified by the press to be fair

over a year ago

I imagine it must be hard being a member of the Royal family.

Sure they live a good life and all.. But I would crack up with the constant press following me and the shit which comes with being a royal.

I can't blame them for wanting to get away from it all and to live a more peaceful life.

By *rincessvenusCouple
over a year ago

Hull

[Removed by poster at 10/01/20 22:26:39]

over a year ago

To be honest, who cares!

By *ssex_tomMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Press.. don't read it and carry on with the banquets I say

over a year ago

"To be honest, who cares! "

This!

over a year ago

they can live where they please and canada is a beautiful place

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"they can live where they please and canada is a beautiful place "

I agree, we don't own them.

All my friends and family who have married someone from another country have compromised on where they live

over a year ago

"they can live where they please and canada is a beautiful place "

Sure they will still have their arses whipped where ever they decide to live.

over a year ago

Forgive me if I’m wrong ... but aren’t the royal family already independently wealthy ?

I thought they have a personal trust that is privately owned.....

The tax payers of the UK only pay for the royals living expenses , travel , housing maintenance, security and staff....

Prince Harry would still be entitled to his share of the royal trust, plus whatever his Mother left him in her estate......

So even without the tax payers money, they would both never have to work again..,...

So what’s the big deal?

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

"

I don’t think having a “thick skin” is the way to deal with vilification from the media followed by thousands of people on social media. Nobody deserves that just for marrying into a family.

It's not just a family. Also I disagree that she's been vilified. The only press I've seen about Megan and Harry has come across as her whingeing. Sorry but I don't really have much sympathy for her."

You haven’t looked at much press then. Go take a look at the replies to Piers Morgan on Twitter and see the screenshots of just how many nasty articles have been written just by him alone.

over a year ago

"I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts on this thread from people who don’t know H&M but seem to know their personalities and what they want somehow.

Oh sorry. Why do you ?

No I don’t. Hence why I don’t feel the need to comment on either of their personalities. Seems stupid since nobody is 100% right unless they personally know them. "

So why comment?

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

Oh sorry. Why do you ?

No I don’t. Hence why I don’t feel the need to comment on either of their personalities. Seems stupid since nobody is 100% right unless they personally know them.

So why comment?"

Because I can. As can you.

Do you have an issue with me commenting?

over a year ago

Oh sorry. Why do you ?

So why comment?

Do you have an issue with me commenting?"

Dude, this is the lounge forum, not a court of law. It's for chit-chat, conjecture and gossip, not cold hard facts and truths. It would be boring if it was. Also, it's typing. Nobody could be bothered to put "I think", or "in my opinion" or "I reckon" etc in every post.

By *ild n NaughtyMan
over a year ago

south Cheshire

I don't care tbh

over a year ago

Because they are our heritage our history of Great Britain, no they arent

Ok. Why not ?"

look up its history first

over a year ago

I wonder how many air miles they've clocked up between them recently. Weren't they into saving the planet from excess carbon emissions and such just recently?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Mrs J x

I apologise to you, as it was bought by Queen Charlotte, it appeared to me to be passed down the line,...not so

By *alcon404Man
over a year ago

London

Oh sorry. Why do you ?

So why comment?

Do you have an issue with me commenting?

Dude, this is the lounge forum, not a court of law. It's for chit-chat, conjecture and gossip, not cold hard facts and truths. It would be boring if it was. Also, it's typing. Nobody could be bothered to put "I think", or "in my opinion" or "I reckon" etc in every post."

Thanks for the revelation mate.

Post new Message to Thread