Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Babies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any tips on how to get an 8 week old to sleep through the night?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

You can't

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"You can't "

This

over a year ago

You can’t. They’ll do it when they’re ready.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You have to try and sleep when you can yourself.

We had the kids in bed with us but there are dangers involved with that

By *annGentMan
over a year ago

With a cracking view

If it came with an instruction manual, you'll know when it will ...

Otherwise ...

over a year ago

"If it came with an instruction manual, you'll know when it will ...

Otherwise ...

"

They don’t come with a manual, but you can easily by them

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

"Any tips on how to get an 8 week old to sleep through the night?"

He/she won't. If you are a new parent, don't expect to sleep for at least six or seven years. This is the voice of experience. People don't have children with the expectation of getting sleep (at least, they shouldn't).

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

"You can't

This "

Those

over a year ago

At the back of the instruction manual check the troubleshooting section,

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Any tips on how to get an 8 week old to sleep through the night?

He/she won't. If you are a new parent, don't expect to sleep for at least six or seven years. This is the voice of experience. People don't have children with the expectation of getting sleep (at least, they shouldn't). "

I don't think anything can prepare you for that constant, night after night of not sleeping. That's why I said on another thread I think parents need all the support they can get.

over a year ago

Dont let it have day naps for 3 days it will be hell but will work

over a year ago

I can tell you what NOT to do

Dont let baby in your bed

And dont rock it to sleep

Ever

over a year ago

"Dont let it have day naps for 3 days it will be hell but will work"

No it won’t

It’s eight weeks old ffs. Accept that eventually will sleep all night, and struggle through. We’re currently going through a sleep regression; he now wakes up again, after five weeks of sleeping all night. It’s hard, but I know I’ll miss those sleepy cuddles when he’s older

over a year ago

"I can tell you what NOT to do

Ever"

I rock my baby to sleep

over a year ago

He/she won't. If you are a new parent, don't expect to sleep for at least six or seven years. This is the voice of experience. People don't have children with the expectation of getting sleep (at least, they shouldn't). "

I annoyed all my friends, as a life long non sleeper I had two kids that both slept incredibly well! My son slept 9 hrs on his first night and 12 hrs per night within a week ... 27 years later he still loves his sleep hahahahahahahaha! Some do sleep! Have no experience of babies not sleeping

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

Chloroform

over a year ago

"Dont let it have day naps for 3 days it will be hell but will work

No it won’t

It’s eight weeks old ffs. Accept that eventually will sleep all night, and struggle through. We’re currently going through a sleep regression; he now wakes up again, after five weeks of sleeping all night. It’s hard, but I know I’ll miss those sleepy cuddles when he’s older "

worked for my 3

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Ever

I rock my baby to sleep "

I did both those things

over a year ago

Ever

Im in no position to tell anyone how to parent their child ( although I do have a little bit of experience with my own 47 babies)

And I have much respect for you Queen.

But unless you still want to be rocking your baby to sleep, when he's 9, I'd stop now

over a year ago

What we did was get into a good routine.

Bath between 7pm and 8pm. Then a massage, jammies on, story (if he wasn’t too tired, he rarely gets one as he’s exhausted) then into my bed. He gets his final feed, gets into his sleeping back, comes back on me for a feed/for comfort, then is asleep and in his cot by 8.30pm every night. Same routine for about two months now, and he’s pretty much slept all night since then. He currently wakes up once or twice during the night, but he’s teething.

Oh, and he’s 19 weeks old.

It DOES get easier. It really does. I’m absolutely awful with no sleep. He used to wake every hour and a half for a feed, and would feed for about 45 minutes at a time. I’d cry every time he woke up, I’d tell my husband ‘just take him back to the hospital, I can’t cope’ but it honestly does get easier. No sleep is the worst, I really feel your pain.

over a year ago

Ever

I rock my baby to sleep

Im in no position to tell anyone how to parent their child ( although I do have a little bit of experience with my own 47 babies)

But unless you still want to be rocking your baby to sleep, when he's 9, I'd stop now "

I’ll keep that in mind

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"You can't "

^ This is all you need to know.

However, when they are older (say 9 months plus) there are techniques that may work for SOME children.

Google for "controlled crying technique" but it's certainly not suitable for all or a young baby.

It worked for us with our second child (we didn't know about it for the first!).

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Ooooooo 8 week old babies are still getting into their own routine. I remember it being really difficult but by week 9/10 all 3 of mine were sleeping through. With my first if I knew he was fed, winded and didn't need a new nappy I'd let him cry. It was hard, but he soon realised that I wouldn't go to him every single time he whimpered.

By *aximus74Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

"What we did was get into a good routine.

Bath between 7pm and 8pm. Then a massage, jammies on, story (if he wasn’t too tired, he rarely gets one as he’s exhausted) then into my bed. He gets his final feed, gets into his sleeping back, comes back on me for a feed/for comfort, then is asleep and in his cot by 8.30pm every night. Same routine for about two months now, and he’s pretty much slept all night since then. He currently wakes up once or twice during the night, but he’s teething.

Oh, and he’s 19 weeks old.

It DOES get easier. It really does. I’m absolutely awful with no sleep. He used to wake every hour and a half for a feed, and would feed for about 45 minutes at a time. I’d cry every time he woke up, I’d tell my husband ‘just take him back to the hospital, I can’t cope’ but it honestly does get easier. No sleep is the worst, I really feel your pain. "

This ...best way is to get into a routine,my daughter slept from 7week old in her own cot in own room,shes 3 now.. and loves her sleep.. and still the routine is...bath and bed,own room and sleep.. no messing...she knows when she has a bath that its bedtime.. friend gave her a bath early(before tea) and said she couldnt keep her awake..her body knows that after a bath its bedtime x

over a year ago

My Dad use to dip my dummy in his whisky . Not sure that's ok in this day and age lol

KJ

over a year ago

Turn it off and on again?

Seriously though, it takes time to get into routine and 8 weeks is still very young. You'll get there though x

over a year ago

As has been said, routine is everything. Fine what works for you and your baby and then ignore most of what people tell you on how THEY think YOU should bring YOUR baby up.

I can’t stand being told not to cuddle, rock or soothe my daughter. Because they think It’ll spoil her or cause her to be a needy baby.

We’ve done co-sleeping when she’s wanted comforting but she’s just as happy in her own cot 95% of the time.

over a year ago

"As has been said, routine is everything. Fine what works for you and your baby and then ignore most of what people tell you on how THEY think YOU should bring YOUR baby up.

I can’t stand being told not to cuddle, rock or soothe my daughter. Because they think It’ll spoil her or cause her to be a needy baby.

We’ve done co-sleeping when she’s wanted comforting but she’s just as happy in her own cot 95% of the time. "

People just can’t help themselves my husbands had to warn his parents that we just won’t speak to them again if they keep giving me ‘advice’ (in reality they just think I’m a shit mum because I breastfeed on demand, rock my baby to sleep, and breastfeed him to sleep. Amongst other things)

over a year ago

"As has been said, routine is everything. Fine what works for you and your baby and then ignore most of what people tell you on how THEY think YOU should bring YOUR baby up.

We’ve done co-sleeping when she’s wanted comforting but she’s just as happy in her own cot 95% of the time.

People just can’t help themselves my husbands had to warn his parents that we just won’t speak to them again if they keep giving me ‘advice’ (in reality they just think I’m a shit mum because I breastfeed on demand, rock my baby to sleep, and breastfeed him to sleep. Amongst other things) "

I mean, I literally got told last week I’m spoiling my son by breastfeeding him. IMAGINE. Spoiling him. By feeding him!!!!

By *aven RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"My Dad use to dip my dummy in his whisky . Not sure that's ok in this day and age lol

KJ"

My grandad used Brandy x

over a year ago

People just can’t help themselves my husbands had to warn his parents that we just won’t speak to them again if they keep giving me ‘advice’ (in reality they just think I’m a shit mum because I breastfeed on demand, rock my baby to sleep, and breastfeed him to sleep. Amongst other things)

I mean, I literally got told last week I’m spoiling my son by breastfeeding him. IMAGINE. Spoiling him. By feeding him!!!! "

Geez Queenie, cut the apron strings already. You’ll be breastfeeding until he’s 50 if this carries on. At that age I already had a paper round and a pension plan

over a year ago

I mean, I literally got told last week I’m spoiling my son by breastfeeding him. IMAGINE. Spoiling him. By feeding him!!!!

Geez Queenie, cut the apron strings already. You’ll be breastfeeding until he’s 50 if this carries on. At that age I already had a paper round and a pension plan "

I know ffs. I’m only feeding him for all the amazing benefits it gives me anyway. I’m holding him back!

over a year ago

as Queen said .... routine

I made sure at night room was as dark as possible & no talking when feeding/changing in night. no fuss and back into cot immediately

during day talking/cuddling etc to try to show difference between day/night

I feel your pain. mine were bad sleepers. middle daughter woke every 2 hours until 1 year old x

By *londie8399Couple
over a year ago

blackpool

Ever

do u breastfeed I found my baby use to use my boob a dummy if they were restless

over a year ago

Ever

I rock my baby to sleep

do u breastfeed I found my baby use to use my boob a dummy if they were restless "

I do indeed! And same here. But I’m more than happy to give him boob if he’s restless/upset. It’s a comfort him, like an adult having a hug

over a year ago

People just can’t help themselves my husbands had to warn his parents that we just won’t speak to them again if they keep giving me ‘advice’ (in reality they just think I’m a shit mum because I breastfeed on demand, rock my baby to sleep, and breastfeed him to sleep. Amongst other things) "

I never put my babies down even when asleep in the day, I loved cuddling them and could just stare at them for hours

I knew my time with them was limited as i was on maternity leave

you do what you feel right, you're the mum x

By *londie8399Couple
over a year ago

blackpool

It is and I did in the early days but found it hard later on as its easier to take a dummy off the baby but once there nearly 9 months old and trying to get your boob out in puplic it can be a bit much

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

You can't. Sorry, but it's true. I had one great sleeper, one spawn of satan who would awake at the slightest movement anywhere in the house. Used the same routine-based method with both. Then moves to co-sleeping etc., with spawn. Still didn't work beyond about a 5 hour stretch until he was well over a year.

They'll sleep when they're ready to sleep. Best thing to do is work out how *you* can get some sleep in the meantime.

over a year ago

My boy literally slept at least 6 hours every night bar a week so unlucky fuckers

By *urvyandCurious999Woman
over a year ago

Hiding from twats

My first didn't sleep through until he was 2 1/2 years old. It obviously drove me completely insane because I then went on to have another 2! The second one was my easiest, he was sleeping about 6 hours a night from a month old. The third had silent reflux, was on loads of meds, and cried all day and night from pain until he was nearly 2.

So, basically, they're all different and they'll sleep when they're ready.

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"You can't. Sorry, but it's true. I had one great sleeper, one spawn of satan who would awake at the slightest movement anywhere in the house. Used the same routine-based method with both. Then moves to co-sleeping etc., with spawn. Still didn't work beyond about a 5 hour stretch until he was well over a year.

They'll sleep when they're ready to sleep. Best thing to do is work out how *you* can get some sleep in the meantime. "

Beat me to it! My two were like chalk and cheese. Did all the same things. One found their own routine easily, the other one was all over the place! You need to figure out how best to get through meantime.

Mrs TMN x

over a year ago

You can Google sleep training methods but you will find that you'll drive yourself crazy trying. Theyll sleep when they sleep. They will fall into patterns at some points but

"just when you think you've cracked it, they change it"

And look up wonder weeks as it massively helps. There's an app for it. Sleep regression can be part of a developmental leap.

over a year ago

The hardest, stress inducing, tear shedding but most rewarding job in the world.

Anyone any spare sleep knocking about, could do with some lol

over a year ago

We’ve done co-sleeping when she’s wanted comforting but she’s just as happy in her own cot 95% of the time. "

She seems happy full stop!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It's like having a child who won't eat. The number of people who told me not to starve him in to submission, telling !e "he'll eat when he's hungry" as if it was perfectly acceptable.

Nobody knows your child and what's best for them like you. Do what you think is best for you and for them.

over a year ago

It's way too early to be trying to put an 8 week old into a sleep through the night routine. Your baba still has a tiny stomach that's only filled with milk. So your baby will be hungry and still getting used to this world so it's very normal at this stage.

I'd say when your little one is on proper solids, more aware of the concept of day and night and if you're both still getting little sleep then that's the right time to look into some different methods that will help to make the nights easier.

I did controlled crying when my little one was 12 months old and it worked for me. I went from having to soothe and rock her until 10pm or 11pm before she would sleep and she was waking every hour through the night just for some attention. I was lucky controlled crying worked in one day! I now have her going to sleep at 7pm and she doesn't wake until half 6 or 7 the next morning. We still have a bad night occasionally, but that's normal.

Hang in there!! It does get easier as cliche as that sounds. There's a reason sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture, it's fucking horrible and sends you crazy.

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Please don’t train a baby to sleep, they are not supposed to sleep all night and if they are, it could indicate a problem.

Please read up about normal infant sleep patterns.

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Oh ‘controlled crying’ a baby will end up with the baby understanding that their needs are being ignored.

By *ick_and_BickerCouple
over a year ago

Nottingham

Ever"

Fantastic way to convince a baby their needs are being ignored. They soon learn it’s pointless making noise as they have effectively been abandoned.

Look up neonatal brain function and development.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

most of mine slept through most nights from midnight till 7am from about 6 weeks ... there was one exception

over a year ago

Ever

Fantastic way to convince a baby their needs are being ignored. They soon learn it’s pointless making noise as they have effectively been abandoned.

Look up neonatal brain function and development. "

So, are you telling me its better to let baby sleep in your bed, lest they feel 'abandoned'?

Up to what age?

over a year ago

"Oh ‘controlled crying’ a baby will end up with the baby understanding that their needs are being ignored. "

Hmm, I think that's silly and insulting. When I started controller crying my girl cried for 45 minutes and I went in the room every two minutes to reassure her I was there but she wasn't coming out to play. She's slept through since then and if she needs me now through the night she cries and lets me know. She doesn't feel like her needs are ignored.

If it's done properly and with care there's no harm in it.

over a year ago

I also think her getting around two hours of broken sleep a night is much more harmful to her development rather than me teaching her nighttime is for sleeping. But I guess you think her getting no sleep is the better option?

over a year ago

"Oh ‘controlled crying’ a baby will end up with the baby understanding that their needs are being ignored.

Hmm, I think that's silly and insulting. When I started controller crying my girl cried for 45 minutes and I went in the room every two minutes to reassure her I was there but she wasn't coming out to play. She's slept through since then and if she needs me now through the night she cries and lets me know. She doesn't feel like her needs are ignored.

If it's done properly and with care there's no harm in it. "

I let my boy cry all the time if he's being stupid, they have to learn they don't get whatever they want whenever they want otherwise it's a vicious circle in my eyes maybe I'm just a shite dad

By *randmrsmanchesterCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

my eldest was 4 by the time he was sleeping through the night. Youngest is currently 3 and not too bad but not sleeping through.

8 weeks is still a teeny tiny baby. Very lucky if they sleep through

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

It's a bit early yet to expect baby to sleep through the night. It won't be all that much longer though before baby sleeps for longer periods at night. I'd say routine is really important for establishing bed time ie..a bath, bottle.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

All babies are different but mine were months rather than years old when they slept through...same with the grandkids

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"If it came with an instruction manual, you'll know when it will ...

Otherwise ...

They don’t come with a manual, but you can easily by them "

Haynes is the best...

By *zQTWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere

All different... we tried a few things. A bath before bedtime use to generally knock them out for a few hours. But 8 weeks old, the baby will be up every two hours or so. Good luck

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

There could be lots of reasons, such as baby is hungry (small tummies empty more quickly, especialy if breastfed), need comfort, dirty/ wet nappy, cold, hot etc.

Think of this as night shifts, so do try to sleep during the day when baby sleeps.

Many new parents make the mistake of running around with the hoover, doing laundry etc.

Don't.

Sleep when they sleep.

Use family & friends to help with chores.

Go easy on yourself.

over a year ago

"It's a bit early yet to expect baby to sleep through the night. It won't be all that much longer though before baby sleeps for longer periods at night. I'd say routine is really important for establishing bed time ie..a bath, bottle.

"

I was lucky with my two as they were both only months old and slept right through, really good sleepers.

over a year ago

No idea. Never had the problem with my two. Both were sleeping through the night after just a couple of weeks.

You have to let nature take it's course on this one, I'm afraid, they'll do it when they're ready

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"It's a bit early yet to expect baby to sleep through the night. It won't be all that much longer though before baby sleeps for longer periods at night. I'd say routine is really important for establishing bed time ie..a bath, bottle.

I was lucky with my two as they were both only months old and slept right through, really good sleepers. "

It really does make all the difference when they do. I feel for parents who have a tough time of it..it isn't easy that's for sure.

Mine were pretty good too

over a year ago

Mr here - Welcome to parenting. My little boy is 6 and still doesn't go to sleep at night.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Have you tried asking nicely?

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Mr here - Welcome to parenting. My little boy is 6 and still doesn't go to sleep at night."

Same here, my little boy is 25 and still doesn't sleep at night either.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I work with a guy who has a 4 and 7 year old, they both wake up every night still and the younger one gets in with them. The poor man is exhausted!!

over a year ago

Ever

I rock my baby to sleep

I did both those things "

So did i with both my children.

over a year ago

I never put my babies down even when asleep in the day, I loved cuddling them and could just stare at them for hours

I knew my time with them was limited as i was on maternity leave

you do what you feel right, you're the mum x

"

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Co sleeping worked for us .. everyone got a better sleep. They are hard wired for contact. And to wake frequently for feeds and to check you're still there is natural 8 weeks is sooooo teeny to expect to sleep all night x

over a year ago

Geez Queenie, cut the apron strings already. You’ll be breastfeeding until he’s 50 if this carries on. At that age I already had a paper round and a pension plan

I know ffs. I’m only feeding him for all the amazing benefits it gives me anyway. I’m holding him back!"

Have you got told you're making him hungry yet by breastfeeding. 'That baby isnt getting enough milk' Mother in laws can be evil round babies!

over a year ago

Those first few nights when you realise you have all slept through feel amazing though

over a year ago

I know ffs. I’m only feeding him for all the amazing benefits it gives me anyway. I’m holding him back!

Have you got told you're making him hungry yet by breastfeeding. 'That baby isnt getting enough milk' Mother in laws can be evil round babies!"

Yep

He just gained 1lbs 1oz in a week and a half. But damn, I’m cruel for starving him. Such a bad mumma!

over a year ago

Get into a routine... Food, bath bed...

It sets the standard for the future sleeping.

Bollox to controlled crying, it is bullshit... Babies need security and reassurance, not screaming out a lung

If you want to put your baby in your bed. Do it. Do what feels right for you, you are the parents

If all else fails adopt it out... and tie your bollox up, problem solved

fDa in development of babies and young children 1st

(BA) hons in Childhood studies 1:2

over a year ago

"Get into a routine... Food, bath bed...

Bollox to controlled crying, it is bullshit... Babies need security and reassurance, not screaming out a lung

If you want to put your baby in your bed. Do it. Do what feels right for you, you are the parents

"

I couldn’t ever let my baby cry, just teaches them not to cry. And they cry for a reason...

(Another reason my MIL thinks I’m shit. )

over a year ago

Get into your own routine that involves getting up early, getting things done, survive the day, read bedtime story, get chores done, go to bed early.

It won’t help the baby’s sleep pattern but you’ll survive better.

over a year ago

Hiding from twats

"Those first few nights when you realise you have all slept through feel amazing though "

I panicked and thought they'd died!

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

It's a while since mine was a baby but I used to feed him about 7.30pm then wake him up for a feed when I went to bed about 11pm. He'd then sleep til 4am/5am. Didn't sleep through the night til I stopped breast feeding at 9mths.

Unfortunately there's no fixed formula. Every baby is different

over a year ago

I couldn’t ever let my baby cry, just teaches them not to cry. And they cry for a reason...

(Another reason my MIL thinks I’m shit. )"

Exactly that! It just teaches them to shut down because their needs are not being met.

You work in the industry and well versed in Bowlby theory of attachment, and different attachment types as well as the effect of the lack of response to the developing brain.

Your MIL needs pushing off a cliff!

You are an amazing Mummy... Never let anyone tell you otherwise

over a year ago

(Another reason my MIL thinks I’m shit. )

Exactly that! It just teaches them to shut down because their needs are not being met.

You work in the industry and well versed in Bowlby theory of attachment, and different attachment types as well as the effect of the lack of response to the developing brain.

Your MIL needs pushing off a cliff!

You are an amazing Mummy... Never let anyone tell you otherwise "

over a year ago

They arent supposed to. If your stomach was the size of a marble, you would need feeding and changing pretty often too!

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

You can't.

Everyone has their own sleep pattern and some people never sleep right through the night.

over a year ago

Cider.

You’re welcome

over a year ago

I’d just like to add it gets much easier once they hit around 9 months.

My daughter has just turned 1 and every day is a riot now, she’s hilarious. She doesn’t want to sit and cuddle anymore, she wants to explore. So enjoy the cuddles whilst you can because they soon want to be off doing their own thing!

You quickly forget about the sleepless nights and constant feeding.

Being a parent is the best job int’ world

over a year ago

Hiding from twats

You can't.

Everyone has their own sleep pattern and some people never sleep right through the night. "

I don't sleep through the night unless I've had Night Nurse and knocked myself out. I always need a drink and a wee. I was never going to have good sleepers if I couldn't even sleep through

over a year ago

Two fingers to them everyone parents differently and as a mum of 4 I still don't think I've got this my almost 3 Yr old completely different babies to my now 14yr I'm old best advice I would say is do what works for

Would also say at 8 weeks they aren't really ment to sleep right through

over a year ago

Two fingers to them everyone parents differently and as a mum of 4 I still don't think I've got this my almost 3 Yr old completely different babies to my now 14yr I'm old best advice I would say is do what works for

Would also say at 8 weeks they aren't really ment to sleep right through "

Two fingers to us in laws that was btw

over a year ago

"You can't

This

Those "

Them. Babies settle at their own pace. Getting an evening routine will help but don't expect too much prior to 12 weeks

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"You can't

This

Those

Them. Babies settle at their own pace. Getting an evening routine will help but don't expect too much prior to 12 weeks

"

Yep, my wife and I fostered for 20 years. Over that time we looked after around 20 babies.

Routine is key, but the baby will sleep through the night when they are ready.

Ultimately, they have a small stomach, they'll be hungry before morning!

We did much the same for them all, some slept, some didn't. There is no magic formula for it.

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"I’d just like to add it gets much easier once they hit around 9 months.

My daughter has just turned 1 and every day is a riot now, she’s hilarious. She doesn’t want to sit and cuddle anymore, she wants to explore. So enjoy the cuddles whilst you can because they soon want to be off doing their own thing!

You quickly forget about the sleepless nights and constant feeding.

Being a parent is the best job int’ world

"

Nah, grandparenting has all the pros, and a lot less of the cons!

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Feeling brave....it starts with C and ends with L

over a year ago

Give them to grandparents for the night.

They may mmnot sleep through the night but you will

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

We have 4. First one slept through the night by 6 weeks. Second one didnt sleep for about 3 years ( i spent much of that time like a zombie) 3 and 4 slept through around 11/12 week mark. They both went through a sleep regression during the summer (also a lot of stress in the house due to ailing mil) and its only recently they have started sleeping back. I started using a baby sleepy time bath stuff and got this oil u rub on their feet called shleepies feet. Helps them to settle. Every baby is different. Some sleep all night early. Others dont.

By *uffnmuffCouple
over a year ago

London

oh how funny

By *eNT666Man
over a year ago

Truro

We co slept for a few months with both ours but they will sleep when they are ready.

It doesn't help when you're exhausted but I think the biggest thing is having someone else look after them for a little bit. Just a few hours so you can rest and recharge.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Too young atm in my opinion but we are both quiet & generally chilled people around the house & both of ours started sleeping through at about three months, that’s like proper sleeping through, eight hours plus per night..

Good luck..

S

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

Ever

I rock my baby to sleep

But unless you still want to be rocking your baby to sleep, when he's 9, I'd stop now "

I rocked, fed to sleep and co slept and my 9 year old sleeps like a dream (in her own bed). Her older brother who slept through the night of his own accord from from 6 weeks is a different kettle of fish

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

Sadly no, every baby and every family is different, you’ll find what works/is acceptable to you. If only parents had a magic formula they could pass on to each other. I know it sounds trite being where you are now, but it will pass

over a year ago

yes get a youtube clip of the sea or streams and play in room very gently, leave a little gap in the room with some light .

over a year ago

There’s nothing you can do, but I would recommend The baby whisperer by Tracey Hogg. It’s excellent and helped me establish a good routine.

By *sbotangoMan
over a year ago

Close by

Ever

Rock me mama!!!!

over a year ago

Gin?

over a year ago

Ever

I rock my baby to sleep

Rock me mama!!!!"

I’m busy

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

visiting the beach

"Gin?"

I remember my Nana's, genuine, advice being to dip the dummy in brandy!

Different generation...

over a year ago

They sleep when they go to school!

I had 3 under 3 .....

11,12 & 13 now .....

They sleep when they go to school

By *attb179Man
over a year ago

London

Yes, wait til they're a year old

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Mine slept through from 5 weeks..

over a year ago

W C Fields said 'children, I love children, what flavours you got'?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

My son slept from 5 weeks. Never used to cry either

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man
over a year ago

BRIDPORT

You clearly have a faulty one, my advice is take it back and ask for either exchange or refund.

Post new Message to Thread