Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The C word

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Intelligent discussion time (on here? As if!)

So, the C word. Is it offensive and misogynistic to use it?

OR

Is it misogynistic to be offended by it?

By this I mean, the use of a slang term for Male genitalia is genetally accepted as at worst a mild, even comical insult (cock prick dick etc). If this is a case, does it show a misogynist bias to think the female equivalent is the worst possible thing to say?

Or is it just a word?

Does anyone care?

I am expressing no opinion, but throwing it out there to see where it lands!

Discuss.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s literally just a word

One I use very often. I’m not ‘edgy’ and ‘cool’ enough to claim it’s my favourite word, however I’m Scottish. It flows well with the way I talk.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

To some it is offensive, to others it's not

In certain parts of the cuntry (intended ) ... it's every other word

All part of the rich and florid aspects of our wonderful language which has developed over centuries

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I as a female use the word a lot. To me it's a part of my body which I'm proud of. It's how I enjoy sex and it's how I birthed my children. I can't be offended by being called such an amazing part of my body

over a year ago

"To some it is offensive, to others it's not

All part of the rich and florid aspects of our wonderful language which has developed over centuries"

Florid. Nice word. My new fave F word

over a year ago

I thought cunt was our word anyway. I use it when it’s needed to describe either a person or my bacon purse.

over a year ago

I wouldn’t say it offends me but I hate the word and I never use it. I hear it out and about and just ignore it. If someone started using it in the bedroom then I’d say I don’t like it and don’t use it.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

All part of the rich and florid aspects of our wonderful language which has developed over centuries

Florid. Nice word. My new fave F word"

I'm a bit of a lexicophile ... not a real word... but should be

over a year ago

"I thought cunt was our word anyway. I use it when it’s needed to describe either a person or my bacon purse. "

Bacon purse!

over a year ago

It’s probably one of my most used words.

Love it.

Cunts

over a year ago

Cuannnntttttttttt

over a year ago

"I thought cunt was our word anyway. I use it when it’s needed to describe either a person or my bacon purse. "

Bacon purse!?!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Hate the word .

I despise the use of swearing or vulgarity in any form !!

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

It's just a word. I use it quite a lot in lots of different contexts (I'm also Scottish). Some choose to find it offensive, others don't.

By *uke OzadeMan
over a year ago

Ho Chi Minge City

"I thought cunt was our word anyway. I use it when it’s needed to describe either a person or my bacon purse.

Bacon purse!?!"

Similar to sausage wallet

over a year ago

"It’s probably one of my most used words.

Love it.

Cunts "

I like you're second December Pic, you may not speak French. But you have a filthy mouth young lady! Come over her I have some soap for you! You cunt.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

I was once accused of having a poor vocabulary when I called someone it.

I disagreed, using various large words to explain how wide and varied my vocabulary is.

However I'm a great believer of using the right word at the right time ... and he really was a c...

over a year ago

"I thought cunt was our word anyway. I use it when it’s needed to describe either a person or my bacon purse.

Bacon purse!?!"

Yeah like when a lady wets her lettus

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

Yeah like when a lady wets her lettus "

The ol beef curtains

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

Similar to sausage wallet "

And so the descent begins ....

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Bacon purse!?!

Similar to sausage wallet "

Or otter's pocket

over a year ago

It doesn't offend me, I just don't like it and I don't use it. I think it comes from my mum as she hates it.

Ironically, as I have a Yorkshire accent sometimes when I say couldn't it sounds very similar to that particular word.

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

Or otter's pocket "

Here we go .

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

Or otter's pocket "

Wizzards sleeve

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Bacon purse!?!

Or otter's pocket

Here we go . "

What?

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

It’s a word, I use it constantly when working, arching the news etc.

Not in front of kids or out in public obviously & hearing people (usually under 25’s) using it openly in public just makes me cringe.

It’s weird that in the phrase “Fuck off you cunt!” The last word is the worst, could have been wanker, shithead, paedo whatever yet the C word would still be the worst..

Odd really.

S

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

Or otter's pocket

Here we go .

What? "

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

The ol beef curtains "

Wahey sure that’s been one of my usernames?

BeefDinner or BeefDripping sure I’ve had a name with beef in it before.

over a year ago

It's the one word I detest. I never use it but doesnt offend me hearing others say it. Unless its aimed at me lol.

over a year ago

Bacon purse!?!

The ol beef curtains

BeefDinner or BeefDripping sure I’ve had a name with beef in it before. "

Always my go to currry for take out beef curry nom Nom. Who's provideing is the beef

over a year ago

One of my very few rules as a sub... That word is forbidden. Which I accept completely. Language is my background and the thing I probably know most about, it's just a word as has been said and in the right context its exactly the right word. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore used it to incredible effect, I could think of loads of other examples. But no I don't use it and I truly don't like it being used to describe a lady's ploughed furrow. To me it's a negative word. Simon Cowell. He's one. My tuppence... isn't

over a year ago

Are we talking about the axe wound?

over a year ago

Florid. Nice word. My new fave F word

I'm a bit of a lexicophile ... not a real word... but should be "

Should be.

Logophile and logomaniac are real words though and mean the same. That would only interest a lexicomaniac though!

over a year ago

"Are we talking about the axe wound?"

Indeed the ol floppy cloppy

over a year ago

"Are we talking about the axe wound?"

No.

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

I raised a similar thread before some months ago.

An old FB of mine said she only uses it in extreme situations as she considers it the ultimate abuse.

Even in sex it didn't really come to her naturally.

Whereas I love using it but only in a sexual situation. Even then it's reserved for the absolute height of passion and horniness or for sexual effect as I do tend to be vocal during sex.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Bacon purse!?!

The ol beef curtains

BeefDinner or BeefDripping sure I’ve had a name with beef in it before. "

You were Beefy Length ??

over a year ago

Clunge

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm from South London where it's pretty much just punctuation within a sentence . It's offensiveness depends on the context, it's mostly affectionate.

over a year ago

"One of my very few rules as a sub... That word is forbidden. Which I accept completely. Language is my background and the thing I probably know most about, it's just a word as has been said and in the right context its exactly the right word. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore used it to incredible effect, I could think of loads of other examples. But no I don't use it and I truly don't like it being used to describe a lady's ploughed furrow. To me it's a negative word. Simon Cowell. He's one. My tuppence... isn't "

And here is the crux. I am making no judgement, just stimulating debate. Why is it so offensive? Probably chicken and egg, but ...

Is it offensive because society is misogynistic enough to say a vagina is the worst of all things? Or is it offensive because we are conditioned to believe so, possibly because of the above reason?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

It sounds more acceptable if added to :-

For example .....

Cuntwaffles

Cunty

CuntyBollocks

Cuntflaps

Are all less harsh than just piping up " Oi , Cunt "

Dont you agree

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"It sounds more acceptable if added to :-

For example .....

Cuntwaffles

Cunty

CuntyBollocks

Cuntflaps

Dont you agree "

Cunty cockwombles

over a year ago

"One of my very few rules as a sub... That word is forbidden. Which I accept completely. Language is my background and the thing I probably know most about, it's just a word as has been said and in the right context its exactly the right word. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore used it to incredible effect, I could think of loads of other examples. But no I don't use it and I truly don't like it being used to describe a lady's ploughed furrow. To me it's a negative word. Simon Cowell. He's one. My tuppence... isn't

And here is the crux. I am making no judgement, just stimulating debate. Why is it so offensive? Probably chicken and egg, but ...

Is it offensive because society is misogynistic enough to say a vagina is the worst of all things? Or is it offensive because we are conditioned to believe so, possibly because of the above reason?"

An excellent and very perceptive question.

over a year ago

For example .....

Cuntwaffles

Cunty

CuntyBollocks

Cuntflaps

Dont you agree "

As an adjective, especially when used by Paulie Walnuts in the Sopranos it's very expressive

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

The origins of the word are not offensive in nature .. perhaps somehow through the misogynistic need to ridicule females the word became an insult or offensive at some point in history.

I found ...

'In India through the Goddess Kunti, the word has since evolved from the Old Norse “kunta,” referring to vulvas, with many variations existing in other Germanic and Scandinavian languages'.

So personally, I'm havin my cunt back as a non offensive part of my female body!

but using the word carefully because of other people's feelings around it.

over a year ago

"The origins of the word are not offensive in nature .. perhaps somehow through the misogynistic need to ridicule females the word became an insult or offensive at some point in history.

I found ...

'In India through the Goddess Kunti, the word has since evolved from the Old Norse “kunta,” referring to vulvas, with many variations existing in other Germanic and Scandinavian languages'.

So personally, I'm havin my cunt back as a non offensive part of my female body!

"

It's nice to have to think about things on a Wednesday morning isn't it?

over a year ago

"The origins of the word are not offensive in nature .. perhaps somehow through the misogynistic need to ridicule females the word became an insult or offensive at some point in history.

I found ...

"

Yes just how paki, started of innocent, a shortend word for the place they lived giving them an identity, till it was used to ridicule and oppress, it became offensive

over a year ago

I found ...

Yes just how paki, started of innocent, a shortend word for the place they lived giving them an identity, till it was used to ridicule and oppress, it became offensive "

Probs from the witching period. There's a cunt. Get her, she's got a cunt! She's a wiiiiitchhhhh!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

It is a word. Nothing but a word.

It has no more power than any other word, well it does but only because people allow it to be. It's context is what should define it.

It has gone beyond a single meaning word, just like fuck. It is a universal word it can be an insult, it can be a term of endearment.

99% of the time when people use it, they are not even thinking about it's original/core meaning. It has evolved as a word. Don't be afraid of it.

Those that view it as an insult in reference to female genitalia are the ones who are in fact keeping the stigma of the word alive.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Depends which C word

To me there is only one

Cancer

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Depends which C word

To me there is only one

Cancer"

Understandable

over a year ago

"It is a word. Nothing but a word.

It has no more power than any other word, well it does but only because people allow it to be. It's context is what should define it.

It has gone beyond a single meaning word, just like fuck. It is a universal word it can be an insult, it can be a term of endearment.

99% of the time when people use it, they are not even thinking about it's original/core meaning. It has evolved as a word. Don't be afraid of it.

Those that view it as an insult in reference to female genitalia are the ones who are in fact keeping the stigma of the word alive. "

Words do have power my friend. Great power. The Pen is mightier then the sword.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

I found ...

Yes just how paki, started of innocent, a shortend word for the place they lived giving them an identity, till it was used to ridicule and oppress, it became offensive

Probs from the witching period. There's a cunt. Get her, she's got a cunt! She's a wiiiiitchhhhh!

"

Turned me into a newt ... I got better

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

For example .....

Cuntwaffles

Cunty

CuntyBollocks

Cuntflaps

Dont you agree

Cunty cockwombles "

Indeed

over a year ago

I found ...

Turned me into a newt ... I got better"

"I dont know. I was the other side of town when we burned her"

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Those that view it as an insult in reference to female genitalia are the ones who are in fact keeping the stigma of the word alive.

Words do have power my friend. Great power. The Pen is mightier then the sword. "

Words as a whole and in context have power. A single word does not. A few rare cases can be made but they are racially motivated and have a dark past (context!)

George Carlin's take on words and context is spot on.

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Those that view it as an insult in reference to female genitalia are the ones who are in fact keeping the stigma of the word alive. "

totally agree how can a part of my anatomy be such an insult? I personally love my cunt so calling me such is pointless

over a year ago

Words do have power my friend. Great power. The Pen is mightier then the sword.

Words as a whole and in context have power. A single word does not. A few rare cases can be made but they are racially motivated and have a dark past (context!)

George Carlin's take on words and context is spot on. "

Abracadabra is quite potent on it's own

over a year ago

I love the word personally and use it a lot. I'm careful where I use it though. I won't say it around people that are uncomfortable hearing it or in certain situations. It's just common decency and respect for other people's feelings

over a year ago

"I'm from South London where it's pretty much just punctuation within a sentence . It's offensiveness depends on the context, it's mostly affectionate. "

Spent 10 years in south London, love the affection behind it. Thrown around a lot in the local to old friends

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"I'm from South London where it's pretty much just punctuation within a sentence . It's offensiveness depends on the context, it's mostly affectionate.

Spent 10 years in south London, love the affection behind it. Thrown around a lot in the local to old friends "

Micky Flanaghan's casual cunting comes to mind.

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"I'm from South London where it's pretty much just punctuation within a sentence . It's offensiveness depends on the context, it's mostly affectionate.

Spent 10 years in south London, love the affection behind it. Thrown around a lot in the local to old friends "

Standard welcome when I go back home

“Alrite C#nt”

“Oh look it’s that sheep shagging C#nt who f’cked off to Wales”

“Wanna beer?”

You get the idea

S

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

We dont find it offensive, in fact Ray and I call it each other along with dickhead though only in a joking way

Lou x

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

"I'm from South London where it's pretty much just punctuation within a sentence . It's offensiveness depends on the context, it's mostly affectionate. "

Really??!! What part of south london do you hail from? Doesn't happen where I live. Lol

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Really??!! What part of south london do you hail from? Doesn't happen where I live. Lol"

The cunty part obviously!

over a year ago

I don't use it personally. I'm not bothered if other people choose to, I just don't like the way it sounds.

By *epsonWoman
over a year ago

Biddulph

"I wouldn’t say it offends me but I hate the word and I never use it. I hear it out and about and just ignore it. If someone started using it in the bedroom then I’d say I don’t like it and don’t use it. "

Me too

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

"I don't use it personally. I'm not bothered if other people choose to, I just don't like the way it sounds. "

Doesn't sound horny even as dirty talk in the throes of sexual intensity?

over a year ago

"I don't use it personally. I'm not bothered if other people choose to, I just don't like the way it sounds.

Doesn't sound horny even as dirty talk in the throes of sexual intensity?"

Nope.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

I found ...

Yes just how paki, started of innocent, a shortend word for the place they lived giving them an identity, till it was used to ridicule and oppress, it became offensive "

No that word has never been innocent.

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Little lad sent home from school for swearing in class.. as he walks through the door his mum says "go to your room and wait until your dad is home!!"..

Lad goes upstairs and waits, a while later the dad comes home and the wife tells him what has happened..

He heads upstairs. He goes in the lads bedroom and says "I hear you've been swearing in class at school, you used the C word..not clever is it!"..

"no it was cunt !!" Says the lad.

Not a word I like to use,

over a year ago

I'm now craving bacon, thanks

It's not a word I freely use as I know it's like marmite.

over a year ago

"It’s literally just a word

One I use very often. I’m not ‘edgy’ and ‘cool’ enough to claim it’s my favourite word, however I’m Scottish. It flows well with the way I talk. "

over a year ago

One of my favourite words.. I reserve it for the very biggest C's that I know

over a year ago

Never use it, think it's totally unnecessary and there are so much better words

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It’s one of those words that....

Doesn’t look right

Doesn’t sound right

Doesn’t sit well in my vocabulary

Is offensive

Please don’t EVER use it my presence!

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

I found ...

Wow. Where do you get your history lessons from? Same place that teaches "Hitler was simply exercising immigration control until things got a little out of hand"?

By *izzy69Man
over a year ago

London

I found ...

No that word has never been innocent."

Thank you!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Never use it, think it's totally unnecessary and there are so much better words "

The thing is, the very fact it draws up so much hate and contempt for a word means there are no better words to make the impact that it does. That is why I don't let individual words bother me. It takes away the power from the person trying to use it.

I know others don't like it, so I don't go around throwing it out all the time, I'm not scared to offend but I don't try to unnecessarily piss people off if they don't like it.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Never use it, think it's totally unnecessary and there are so much better words

The thing is, the very fact it draws up so much hate and contempt for a word means there are no better words to make the impact that it does. That is why I don't let individual words bother me. It takes away the power from the person trying to use it.

I know others don't like it, so I don't go around throwing it out all the time, I'm not scared to offend but I don't try to unnecessarily piss people off if they don't like it. "

Absolutely

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"It’s one of those words that....

Doesn’t look right

Doesn’t sound right

Doesn’t sit well in my vocabulary

Is offensive

Please don’t EVER use it my presence!

"

Totally agree

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Its a vile word.

By *adyx4Woman
over a year ago

Durham

I used to use it a lot, but then I realised that most people lack the depth and warmth to be a cunt!

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

It’s a term of endearment were I come from

By *uckymooMan
over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Pa haaa thats done me

over a year ago

The only word in the English language that I can't stand

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"It’s a term of endearment were I come from "

Yep same, Never used in its full on offensive shouty way here, just as others have said usually directed at those you know & even then those you know that are not offended by it..

H uses it sparingly but it’s usually directed at me

S

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

It's not half as offensive as the word

Moist

Ray

over a year ago

"Its a vile word."

But why?

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I think it's to harsh a word to describe something which is (in my opinion) is so soft and provides so much pleasure.

over a year ago

I found ...

Wow. Where do you get your history lessons from? Same place that teaches "Hitler was simply exercising immigration control until things got a little out of hand"?"

Turn the nazi symbol a few degrees and it's a anicent universal peaceful symbol

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

I never use the word and think there is a time and place for it to be used

By *tressfreeMan
over a year ago

Towcester

Used during raunchy sex it has its place...as a way of describing someone in a hateful way No!

By *xycpl699Couple
over a year ago

kilmarnock

"It's just a word. I use it quite a lot in lots of different contexts (I'm also Scottish). Some choose to find it offensive, others don't. "
I'm Scottish I find it offensive.hollie

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Its a vile word.

But why? "

Why? Because it's offensive.

By *tressfreeMan
over a year ago

Towcester

"Its a vile word.

But why?

Why? Because it's offensive."

How many men if told to " lick my C***" would say no no, that's offensive!

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Its a vile word.

But why?

Why? Because it's offensive.

How many men if told to " lick my C***" would say no no, that's offensive! "

Go ask them smile they might lick yours

Post new Message to Thread