Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Crypto currencies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone here interested in Crypto? Wouldn't it be great if we subscribe in Bitcoin!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"Anyone here interested in Crypto? Wouldn't it be great if we subscribe in Bitcoin! "

Are... You on commission?

Most people won't see the need for it, or understand how to use it. Bitcoin was an absolute goldmine of an investment back in the day, but these days it's a ludicrously volatile stock and you're a braver man than me to invest in it.

over a year ago

"Anyone here interested in Crypto? Wouldn't it be great if we subscribe in Bitcoin!

Most people won't see the need for it, or understand how to use it. Bitcoin was an absolute goldmine of an investment back in the day, but these days it's a ludicrously volatile stock and you're a braver man than me to invest in it. "

Can't complain ??

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

I am a trader and I buy/sell if anyone wants to get into it I can help you.

It is very wise to invest right now as it went from $6800 to $8200 in three days.

This is due to the situation in Iran and America.

over a year ago

I'm just gauging it's popularity within FAB... I'm pretty happy with my current positions...

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

"I'm just gauging it's popularity within FAB... I'm pretty happy with my current positions..."

What do you think projected analysis is?

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"I am a trader and I buy/sell if anyone wants to get into it I can help you.

It is very wise to invest right now as it went from $6800 to $8200 in three days.

This is due to the situation in Iran and America. "

Aye but it can also halve in value just as quickly. Each to their own but investing in something that volatile is very high risk / reward.

Once upon a time at less than $1 per BTC it was a hell of a money maker. If I'm not mistaken it was over $10k per BTC at one point. Imagine investing 5k into that or - better yet - mining multiple coins per day when it was computationally viable. I've a friend who bought a house off the back of it, and I thought he was silly for getting onboard. Silly me as it turns out.

over a year ago

Bull run won't happen fir a few months... Probably right before having, then a major dump when everyone shorts Bitcoin... It's about finding the right new tech now.....

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Aye but it can also halve in value just as quickly. Each to their own but investing in something that volatile is very high risk / reward.

Once upon a time at less than $1 per BTC it was a hell of a money maker. If I'm not mistaken it was over $10k per BTC at one point. Imagine investing 5k into that or - better yet - mining multiple coins per day when it was computationally viable. I've a friend who bought a house off the back of it, and I thought he was silly for getting onboard. Silly me as it turns out. "

No it doesn't half in value if you know its highs and lows on a weekly/monthly basis.

It is true it can see volatile drops of 1k+ but that's what I want so I can re-invest and wait for the next upcoming bullrun.

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

Once upon a time at less than $1 per BTC it was a hell of a money maker. If I'm not mistaken it was over $10k per BTC at one point. Imagine investing 5k into that or - better yet - mining multiple coins per day when it was computationally viable. I've a friend who bought a house off the back of it, and I thought he was silly for getting onboard. Silly me as it turns out.

No it doesn't half in value if you know its highs and lows on a weekly/monthly basis.

It is true it can see volatile drops of 1k+ but that's what I want so I can re-invest and wait for the next upcoming bullrun. "

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for anyone bold enough to take that risk, but it's a bit much for me. I've a full time job and can't watch it, and I also can't afford to be 5k down on my position for the day hah! Power to you if it works though!

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

I'm a PT and work in the gym all day.

I check it hourly on my phone which I have a trading app.

It's good have investments and extra passive income for rainy days.

Although I never purge into my portfolio, I aim to stack up all of it and soon reach out to a viable property investment.

By *uriousKinksterMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

"I'm a PT and work in the gym all day.

Although I never purge into my portfolio, I aim to stack up all of it and soon reach out to a viable property investment. "

Aye I thought about going the property route, but the good ol' Tories raised taxes on rental income and it's slightly less tasty than it used to be. Plus that bloody stamp duty is a killer now. Takes years to recoup even that. I'll stick to my £37.68 in eToro

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

OP. Each to their own, but it isn't for me.

I don't have the money in the first place, but even if I did, I simply don't understand how it all works.

For that simple last reason, I walk away. I see it as a higher form of gambling and I don't gamble.

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Although I never purge into my portfolio, I aim to stack up all of it and soon reach out to a viable property investment.

Aye I thought about going the property route, but the good ol' Tories raised taxes on rental income and it's slightly less tasty than it used to be. Plus that bloody stamp duty is a killer now. Takes years to recoup even that. I'll stick to my £37.68 in eToro "

You should look into re-renting.

It's a strategy where you don't even buy a property.

You go to a struggling landlord trying to rent or sell his property with no luck.

You get his permission to convert and his household into more rooms and give him the rent desired and rent it out for yourself for extra profit.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If it was so reliably easy to predict, you'd put everything you had into it. There's not much other than death which is certain.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yup I'm into crypto. Just getting started on trading.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I'm just gauging it's popularity within FAB... I'm pretty happy with my current positions...

What do you think projected analysis is?"

Depends on the currency.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Although I never purge into my portfolio, I aim to stack up all of it and soon reach out to a viable property investment. "

Have you been into cyrpto long...do you only invest in Btc or alts aswell

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Well I been involved since 2016. When they were £550 each.

Atm I trade BTC as it is the king of crypto and most alts react to how it moves.

They're are alts which I use which shortly follow bitcoin after it settles like XRP, ALGO and DASH. And if timed well you can make profit after profit as they rise one after the other.

They're are also cyrpto which work against bitcoin so when it falls they rise like BAT and ATOM.

However I do not suggest going into it without carefully watching the markets for months and understanding the different signals, highs and lows so you know when to invest and pull out.

Remember 80% of all traders lose they're capital.

The other 20% make profits from the newbies trying to buy on highs and emotional and spur of the moment investing when they see it climbing hoping to have a piece of the pie.

over a year ago

I got in 2017 by chance... went balls deep on xrp...and sold out 2018.... was waiting for 3000 dollar entry on btc.. but missed that boat ... may go at 4.5k dollar but can't see it going that low ....not with halving probably only a few months away...

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

"I got in 2017 by chance... went balls deep on xrp...and sold out 2018.... was waiting for 3000 dollar entry on btc.. but missed that boat ... may go at 4.5k dollar but can't see it going that low ....not with halving probably only a few months away..."

Yeh BTC is about to sky rocket. Everyone was hoping it would in nov/Dec as it historically has done for years but it never.

I think now is the time and all the commotion about iran is pushing the currency into a major bullrun

over a year ago

"I got in 2017 by chance... went balls deep on xrp...and sold out 2018.... was waiting for 3000 dollar entry on btc.. but missed that boat ... may go at 4.5k dollar but can't see it going that low ....not with halving probably only a few months away...

Yeh BTC is about to sky rocket. Everyone was hoping it would in nov/Dec as it historically has done for years but it never.

I think now is the time and all the commotion about iran is pushing the currency into a major bullrun "

Just not comfortable at 8k dollar...do your use leverage...

over a year ago

Crypto Queen is a great podcast but it's enough to put anyone of investing

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

"I got in 2017 by chance... went balls deep on xrp...and sold out 2018.... was waiting for 3000 dollar entry on btc.. but missed that boat ... may go at 4.5k dollar but can't see it going that low ....not with halving probably only a few months away...

I think now is the time and all the commotion about iran is pushing the currency into a major bullrun

Just not comfortable at 8k dollar...do your use leverage..."

Well I actually had my capital in Cash for a couple weeks. I seen the news about the unrest and invested at 6.8k USD. I have quite a few BTC so I've made a decent profit.

By *eviantdeeliteCouple
over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Yup I'm into crypto. Just getting started on trading. "

I am fledging trader too

over a year ago

Just not comfortable at 8k dollar...do your use leverage...

Well I actually had my capital in Cash for a couple weeks. I seen the news about the unrest and invested at 6.8k USD. I have quite a few BTC so I've made a decent profit."

At least what ever happens then it's your money... and you don't get margin called

over a year ago

"Yup I'm into crypto. Just getting started on trading.

I am fledging trader too "

What platform do you use

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Yeah bro I will never use a margin or borrow any money or mortgage anything.

I'm saving up to buy properties then I can be financially free enough to do what I want,

With enough residual income and under 30. I hope to travel the world and have an adventurous life.

over a year ago

"Yeah bro I will never use a margin or borrow any money or mortgage anything.

I'm saving up to buy properties then I can be financially free enough to do what I want,

With enough residual income and under 30. I hope to travel the world and have an adventurous life."

Cyrpto is a good opportunity.. transfer of wealth from baby boomers to younger people... good luck

over a year ago

Just chucking a potential spanner into the works.

What legal purpose does bitcoin actually serve?

Technically if the root product of bitcoin is criminal in nature, anyone trading in bitcoin is effectively laundering the proceeds of crime. Which in turn many countries can now seize on successful prosecution.

I know there has been many attempts to blur the lines and establish crypto as a legit currency, but most if not all have failed.

over a year ago

"Just chucking a potential spanner into the works.

Technically if the root product of bitcoin is criminal in nature, anyone trading in bitcoin is effectively laundering the proceeds of crime. Which in turn many countries can now seize on successful prosecution.

I know there has been many attempts to blur the lines and establish crypto as a legit currency, but most if not all have failed.

"

There will be others who can probably explain better

But essentially now it's a store of wealth and a hedge against currency fluctuations..

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

"Just chucking a potential spanner into the works.

"

Lol do your research.

Some shops and online bussiness accept bitcoin as payments.

It is a completely legitimate source of earnings regulated by all financial regulators.

As long as you correctly declare earnings and pay your tax it's all legit.

Yes you are right some people may use it to launder and store illicit capital however they will always be investigated when trying to turn it into viable currencies.

In crypto you have something called a block chain which serves as a digital type of statement which can be traced through transactions all the way back to the source.

Not to mention they have crypto banks in Switzerland and bank cards and accounts you can directly buy things with crypto.

Also Richard miller (watch brand) just released a crypto watch worth $17 million dollars. Which has the persons account code stamped within the watch.

Google it.

Crypto is the future.

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Crypto is not criminal I'm nature.

Unfortunately people use it's digital security as a safe way to hide proceeds of criminality.

However this has been done for centuries. With people hoarding bank notes and burying them within floorboards.

Same tactic, new technology

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

I heard it’s not easy to get out of it quickly. Correct me if I am wrong.

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

"I heard it’s not easy to get out of it quickly. Correct me if I am wrong. "

You are wrong.

Current volume of trading is 32m+

Volume = amount of trades (buy/sell) being made.

You can sell even easier anytime you want also on apps like Coinbase, however they take like 7% commison.

This app will directly let you also withdraw into you bank account instantly.

over a year ago

"I heard it’s not easy to get out of it quickly. Correct me if I am wrong. "

As fast as pressing enter on yr computer to agree a sale

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

"I heard it’s not easy to get out of it quickly. Correct me if I am wrong.

As fast as pressing enter on yr computer to agree a sale"

Are you sure as someone I know and trades successfully said you can’t sell at a minutes notice.

I personally wasn’t taking too much notice as wouldn’t but it.

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Lol he doesn't know what he's talking about I can sell in literally one second on multiple platforms.

I could even swap my crypto from one app to another and then sell it in less than 2 minutes.

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

"Lol he doesn't know what he's talking about I can sell in literally one second on multiple platforms.

I could even swap my crypto from one app to another and then sell it in less than 2 minutes."

He knows what he is talking about but it would have been myself misunderstanding what he was talking about lol.

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Crypto is the easiest thing to trade, due to high volume or trades.

Some others like gold, oil, property holdings and public stocks are wayyy more difficult you may have to wait days even months to find a buyer if you have a large amount of stock.

People only hate on crypto because it's new and highly volatile, but with volativity comes massive spreads and even bigger profits.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I am fledging trader too

What platform do you use"

Binance

over a year ago

If anyone is interested in any Merch.... Checkout blocknloaded dot com!!

over a year ago

I am fledging trader too

What platform do you use

Binance"

Good call... let's you do most things for crypto..

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I am fledging trader too

What platform do you use

Binance

Good call... let's you do most things for crypto.."

By *uscularLoveMan
over a year ago

london

Binance is my fav.

Very low commison, super fast trades and easy withdrawals.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Skydex media has some useful links on it.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Crypto not for me, I will stick with Gold, a little less volatile

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Got on Chainlink for a while when it came out. Sold it two months ago. Made a fair bit lucky I got out as it tanked.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Got on Chainlink for a while when it came out. Sold it two months ago. Made a fair bit lucky I got out as it tanked. "

I buy when the price is low, sit on it for a while as I know it will go back up.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Got on Chainlink for a while when it came out. Sold it two months ago. Made a fair bit lucky I got out as it tanked.

I buy when the price is low, sit on it for a while as I know it will go back up. "

Got it at 17p sold at £3.69. Happy days.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Got on Chainlink for a while when it came out. Sold it two months ago. Made a fair bit lucky I got out as it tanked.

I buy when the price is low, sit on it for a while as I know it will go back up.

Got it at 17p sold at £3.69. Happy days. "

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Anyone watching bitcoin?

over a year ago

Bitcoin may be a long term thing for me, as I don’t have decent lump sums to throw at it to be able to take advantage of short-term fluctuations.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Bitcoin may be a long term thing for me, as I don’t have decent lump sums to throw at it to be able to take advantage of short-term fluctuations."

If you have a Wirex account, you can invest as little as £25 at a time, I found it soon builds up. I got mine via a link from Skydex Media. There were lots of useful tips on there for newer people too. I've moved all my XRP into bitcoin for a while.

over a year ago

"Anyone here interested in Crypto? Wouldn't it be great if we subscribe in Bitcoin!

Most people won't see the need for it, or understand how to use it. Bitcoin was an absolute goldmine of an investment back in the day, but these days it's a ludicrously volatile stock and you're a braver man than me to invest in it. "

Yes but that's Bitcoin. The disagreements they had internally and then the forks to Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin gold and SV hugely affected the performance of Bitcoin overall. However, Etherium is doing very well and when Etherium 2.0 finally gets sorted I think that'll be one to watch.

over a year ago

Aye I thought about going the property route, but the good ol' Tories raised taxes on rental income and it's slightly less tasty than it used to be. Plus that bloody stamp duty is a killer now. Takes years to recoup even that. I'll stick to my £37.68 in eToro

You should look into re-renting.

It's a strategy where you don't even buy a property.

You go to a struggling landlord trying to rent or sell his property with no luck.

You get his permission to convert and his household into more rooms and give him the rent desired and rent it out for yourself for extra profit. "

over a year ago

Have you got any to sell?

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Have you got any to sell?"

Nope

By *sGivesWoodWoman