Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How did you come out to your family?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If you’re not straight.

My dad once called me a fanny and I said ‘well, you are what you eat’ and he spat his drink out, spluttered cause he was laughing so hard and said ‘fuck, okay cool. Good one’ and high fived me.

He then called my mum over and told her what I had said. She then asked ‘so....only girls? Or both’ and I told her both. She handed my dad a fiver. Apparently she thought I was a lesbian, but my dad assumed I was bi. (Oh, and I had also recently got together with my then-boyfriend-now-husband, and my mum assumed he was just a cover up for me).

I hope for some happy happy stories, although sadly I know happiness isn’t always the case

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Oh

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My rents don't know yet

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"If you’re not straight.

My dad once called me a fanny and I said ‘well, you are what you eat’ and he spat his drink out, spluttered cause he was laughing so hard and said ‘fuck, okay cool. Good one’ and high fived me.

He then called my mum over and told her what I had said. She then asked ‘so....only girls? Or both’ and I told her both. She handed my dad a fiver. Apparently she thought I was a lesbian, but my dad assumed I was bi. (Oh, and I had also recently got together with my then-boyfriend-now-husband, and my mum assumed he was just a cover up for me).

I hope for some happy happy stories, although sadly I know happiness isn’t always the case "

Not really applicable to me but your story is amusing, I think

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

"My rents don't know yet "

I hope it goes well when you do. How do you think they will take it?

over a year ago

"My rents don't know yet "

Wonder if the cum in my beard gave it away that night

over a year ago

"My rents don't know yet

Wonder if the cum in my beard gave it away that night "

Probably thought it was your own cum

over a year ago

"My rents don't know yet

Probably thought it was your own cum"

Wonder which they would think is more acceptable

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

My parents read my emails to my girlfriend and I got a long lecture about it being a phase and I didn't really mean it and I could do better.

My next relationship was a guy so totes straight all sorted

over a year ago

"My parents read my emails to my girlfriend and I got a long lecture about it being a phase and I didn't really mean it and I could do better.

My next relationship was a guy so totes straight all sorted "

Men fix all problems

over a year ago

"My rents don't know yet

Probably thought it was your own cum

Wonder which they would think is more acceptable"

Your own

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My parents read my emails to my girlfriend and I got a long lecture about it being a phase and I didn't really mean it and I could do better.

Men fix all problems"

I can't be bi, see I'm dating a man. Their lecture worked. Praise be

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Men fix all problems"

like shelves

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Men fix all problems like shelves "

Shelves fix nothing! Unless you got a load of tat for Xmas that needs somewhere to sit

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Mine was awful and I feel so guilty.

My dad was on a night shift at work with 4 young ‘apprentice’s’ and they logged onto MYSPACE. Found my profile and were jeering about how they thought I was for and asking my dad ‘would your?? (Omg. My poor dad!!!)

My sexuality was listed on there and my mum rung to tell me the tale and asked if it was true. I confirmed it was and it was kinda ‘oh. Ok’

They were cool about it but I still cringe thinking about my poor old dad

By *reya73Woman
over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"If you’re not straight.

I hope for some happy happy stories, although sadly I know happiness isn’t always the case "

So lovely! That story made me beam.

I'm 'mostly straight' in relationahips so I've not felt the need to come out about what get up to with women. But I have explained my lifestyle a bit to my mum!!! Omitting certain details and not used the word 'swinging' but explaining why I don't just have one partner. We Talked about ethical non monogomy.

She said she is jealous ha!

over a year ago

"If you’re not straight.

This is the kind of parent I want to be for my little one

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Your story is amazing OP!

I've never really come out so to speak but never lied about it either. Not sure if my mum knows but my dad does as an old fashioned friend of his was going on then LGBT people always tell you within minutes of meeting you. I told him I'd never told him I was bi. Her known me since I was young so he was pretty taken aback. He forgot about it as he was talking about not knowing any no people a few months later and i just said "you know me". His face was a picture .

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Your story is amazing OP!

I've never really come out so to speak but never lied about it either. Not sure if my mum knows but my dad does as an old fashioned friend of his was going on then LGBT people always tell you within minutes of meeting you. I told him I'd never told him I was bi. Her known me since I was young so he was pretty taken aback. He forgot about it as he was talking about not knowing any no people a few months later and i just said "you know me". His face was a picture ."

*bi people not no people

over a year ago

Out shopping my dad made a passing comment about the attractive brunette at the checkout to me, I couldn't hold back and just blurted out yes she is stunning one of the reasons she's my girlfriend. He was not amused!

Wench x

over a year ago

I actually came out as a lesbian when I was 20.

I then realised I was bi in my 30s.

My family have always known about my sexualy and don't bat an eyelid.

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"If you’re not straight.

Lol nice OP

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Mine was awful and I feel so guilty.

My dad was on a night shift at work with 4 young ‘apprentice’s’ and they logged onto MYSPACE. Found my profile and were jeering about how they thought I was for and asking my dad ‘would your?? (Omg. My poor dad!!!)

My sexuality was listed on there and my mum rung to tell me the tale and asked if it was true. I confirmed it was and it was kinda ‘oh. Ok’

They were cool about it but I still cringe thinking about my poor old dad "

Erm what?

over a year ago

My son at 15 told me he's pan, I told him that no matter what he is, I love him all the same.

Post new Message to Thread