Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Little tip

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey chaps, little tip for most of you.

Before you send that message / respond on the forums. Re-read what you wrote and consider what the receiver might think before you press send.

A lot of the stuff I’ve seen on here lately is making me cringe out of my skin.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j1963Couple
over a year ago

leeds

"Hey chaps, little tip for most of you.

Before you send that message / respond on the forums. Re-read what you wrote and consider what the receiver might think before you press send.

A lot of the stuff I’ve seen on here lately is making me cringe out of my skin. "

Soooooo true !

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nah, I'll write how I want and if someone doesn't like it then I know that person isn't for me.

Writing what I think other people will like won't work anyway in the long run

over a year ago

The stuff I find cringe worthy is the nauseatingly over the top complimentary type comments from guys.

over a year ago

Might make you cringe. Might not make anyone else cringe. That’s the magic of words, they can be interpreted in many ways

over a year ago

"The stuff I find cringe worthy is the nauseatingly over the top complimentary type comments from guys. "

over a year ago

A lot of the stuff I’ve seen on here lately is making me cringe out of my skin. "

stop telling me what to do dude i dont like being edited cant stand the heat man up

over a year ago

"Nah, I'll write how I want and if someone doesn't like it then I know that person isn't for me.

Writing what I think other people will like won't work anyway in the long run"

I think you’ve got the message wrong.

It’s not about writing what you want, of course you’re entitled to your own beliefs.

It’s more about the over the top sleazy trying to be sexual comments. Some of them have made me dry heave with cringe!

over a year ago

A lot of the stuff I’ve seen on here lately is making me cringe out of my skin. stop telling me what to do dude i dont like being edited cant stand the heat man up"

Man up... the only phrase used by people who don’t actually understand what is being spoken about. Generally keyboard warriors.

over a year ago

"Nah, I'll write how I want and if someone doesn't like it then I know that person isn't for me.

Writing what I think other people will like won't work anyway in the long run

I think you’ve got the message wrong.

It’s not about writing what you want, of course you’re entitled to your own beliefs.

It’s more about the over the top sleazy trying to be sexual comments. Some of them have made me dry heave with cringe! "

Ah fair enough

By *hunky GentMan
over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"The stuff I find cringe worthy is the nauseatingly over the top complimentary type comments from guys. "

. I'll get me coat

over a year ago

And make sure you have auto correct on for the grammar police

over a year ago

Yes yes and indeed yes!

If a fabber doesn’t like what you write then they are not a good fit!!

Alas I write total bollocks most of not all of the time so my wife is doomed on here!!

T

over a year ago

A lot of the stuff I’ve seen on here lately is making me cringe out of my skin. stop telling me what to do dude i dont like being edited cant stand the heat man up

Man up... the only phrase used by people who don’t actually understand what is being spoken about. Generally keyboard warriors. "

I also wonder if a woman had posted this if your response would be the same. Or one which fell in to the category of cringe.

Probably the latter.

over a year ago

A lot of the stuff I’ve seen on here lately is making me cringe out of my skin. stop telling me what to do dude i dont like being edited cant stand the heat man up

Man up... the only phrase used by people who don’t actually understand what is being spoken about. Generally keyboard warriors. "

warriors is correct man up dude worry about what u say to be adored i type what i want when i want

over a year ago

Man up... the only phrase used by people who don’t actually understand what is being spoken about. Generally keyboard warriors.

I also wonder if a woman had posted this if your response would be the same. Or one which fell in to the category of cringe.

Probably the latter. "

ask around im no arse kisser

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Men and women write overtly trying to be sexual stuff on here. Does it make me cringe at times? Yes, sure. I'm a bit prudish and have a stick up my arse at times. Does it affect me? Rarely. I'd much rather people were authentic and wrote what they wanted to and embraced that "sleazy" side of them then try and conform to a sterile image of what they can and can't write. That's the beauty of reading the fora - the different voices and opinions I wouldn't come across normally.

over a year ago

Solid advice.

over a year ago

No I'm alright if they don't fancy me for my shit typing they ain't for me

over a year ago

Fella here - it's the politically correct bullshit that annoys me, say what 'you' think and not what people think you should say.

over a year ago

Ok Mr M.x

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"Ok Mr M.x"

Fancy a shag

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"Fella here - it's the politically correct bullshit that annoys me, say what 'you' think and not what people think you should say."

Exactly this ^^^^^

over a year ago

"Ok Mr M.x"

Still waiting for my clunge photo,

Did you post it 1st or 2nd class?

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I agree

over a year ago

"Fella here - it's the politically correct bullshit that annoys me, say what 'you' think and not what people think you should say."

Political correctness isn't about avoiding saying what you think, it's about saying things in a way that don't unintentionally exclude, marginalise or insult vulnerable/marginalised groups. Inclusive language, essentially.

If what you think is necessarily excluding (or marginalising/insulting) you obviously cannot be politically correct - but that would also make you an arse

Most people aren't arses, so they just try to say what they mean without saying something they don't mean.

over a year ago

"Fella here - it's the politically correct bullshit that annoys me, say what 'you' think and not what people think you should say.

Political correctness isn't about avoiding saying what you think, it's about saying things in a way that don't unintentionally exclude, marginalise or insult vulnerable/marginalised groups. Inclusive language, essentially.

If what you think is necessarily excluding (or marginalising/insulting) you obviously cannot be politically correct - but that would also make you an arse

Most people aren't arses, so they just try to say what they mean without saying something they don't mean."

If someone is offended doesn't mean they're right?

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

And where would the fun be in that?

over a year ago

"Ok Mr M.x

Did you post it 1st or 2nd class?"

I used that Uber thingy but apparently everything turns up cold, so you’ll have to warm it up

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

I agree with the prince

over a year ago

I've got a little tip too.

over a year ago

"Ok Mr M.x

I used that Uber thingy but apparently everything turns up cold, so you’ll have to warm it up "

I'll keep rubbing it till its warmer

over a year ago

"Ok Mr M.x

I used that Uber thingy but apparently everything turns up cold, so you’ll have to warm it up

I'll keep rubbing it till its warmer "

I always said you were kind

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

I'm not so worried about cringe stuff. It's the stuff that doesn't make any sense that gets me. I sometimes wonder what on earth a contributor is trying to say,and yet somehow some other people seem to understand them. Luke

Post new Message to Thread