Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cats...

Jump to newest

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

No not the show!

Love hearing all your cat stories. I had no plans to have a cat, she descended on us and chose us...according to the cats protection league lady! We wouldn't be without her, she makes us smile and laugh every day

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve a nice pussy she’s 14. Also sharing her Devine presence is a dog that’s 10. Guess who’s the boss of the house...

Yep...the cat

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I’ve a nice pussy she’s 14. Also sharing her Devine presence is a dog that’s 10. Guess who’s the boss of the house...

Yep...the cat "

Aah, yes they do tend to dominate everything! Molly was quite demanding when we first had her. She turned up in our garden with three little kittens, probably dumped. So she had to scavenge for food to feed herself and them,she was very thin. We rehomed the kittens and kept her She was very possessive of her food and would wake us at 5 in the morning wanting food, we soon broke the habit!

over a year ago

My cat waves it's paw at me like it's saying 'come and have a go if you think your hard enough'

It owns everything

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"My cat waves it's paw at me like it's saying 'come and have a go if you think your hard enough'

It owns everything"

Haha

I swear my cat speaks to me...yes, no hello...

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

The washing machine peeps when it’s finished or if the oven timer goes off, he comes in to tell us. Bursts in the room does a particular meow and then leads us to the thing that’s going off

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"The washing machine peeps when it’s finished or if the oven timer goes off, he comes in to tell us. Bursts in the room does a particular meow and then leads us to the thing that’s going off "

Wow that's clever. They certainly do have different meows for different things

over a year ago

I used to have two Tonkinese cats who would play fetch like dogs lol

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I used to have two Tonkinese cats who would play fetch like dogs lol"

Had to Google them, wow stunning cats

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

We have 4 little furry sproggits. Our oldest is 15 years old, insulin dependent diabetic who usually wakes me up in a morning for cuddles at 3 am. She rules the others with a paw of iron and I have to admit that our lives tend to be run around her medical needs and injection schedule. She’s my baby, gets away with murder and is totally spoiled rotten. Next we have 2 boys who are similar ages, about 14 years old. They seem to have the typical love hate relationship of brothers. One minute they are head bonking each other, the next beating the crap out of each other Finally we have the baby of the family, 9 year old Sassy. She earned her name as a kitten when I saw her in the pet shop, growling and hissing at everyone as they walked by her cage. I instantly fell in love with her and just had to have her.

over a year ago

It’s the way they are invisibly intelligent.

The children were unwrapping their presents in our bedroom at Christmas. Both cats were helping, before one of them gave this sudden look of horror and disappeared in a flash. A few minutes later, he returned, walked over to the discarded wrapping paper, and deposited a mouse on it, as if to say “sorry I forgot to bring a present earlier, here’s mine - can you wrap it pleeeeeease”.

They aren’t as daft as they look sometimes

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"We have 4 little furry sproggits. Our oldest is 15 years old, insulin dependent diabetic who usually wakes me up in a morning for cuddles at 3 am. She rules the others with a paw of iron and I have to admit that our lives tend to be run around her medical needs and injection schedule. She’s my baby, gets away with murder and is totally spoiled rotten. Next we have 2 boys who are similar ages, about 14 years old. They seem to have the typical love hate relationship of brothers. One minute they are head bonking each other, the next beating the crap out of each other Finally we have the baby of the family, 9 year old Sassy. She earned her name as a kitten when I saw her in the pet shop, growling and hissing at everyone as they walked by her cage. I instantly fell in love with her and just had to have her."

Aah, I remember you talking about this before, it's a big commitment with pets with medical needs

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s the way they are invisibly intelligent.

The children were unwrapping their presents in our bedroom at Christmas. Both cats were helping, before one of them gave this sudden look of horror and disappeared in a flash. A few minutes later, he returned, walked over to the discarded wrapping paper, and deposited a mouse on it, as if to say “sorry I forgot to bring a present earlier, here’s mine - can you wrap it pleeeeeease”.

They aren’t as daft as they look sometimes "

Oh bless him, how amazing!

over a year ago

Oh, and the “I WILL fit in this damn box of it kills me” look

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Oh, and the “I WILL fit in this damn box of it kills me” look "

They are so funny aren't they