Yorkshire

When did they become such assholes

Full of there own self importance

They need a shake up

Just a Tuesday rant

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Always have been, but what they done now?

By *ourayloversCouple
over a year ago

chesterfield

One of the most pointless organisations ever !!! Have nothing to do with how well out children are educated only to do with tick boxes

And as for how the UK educate or rather train our children to pass exams don't get me started !!!!!!!!

Ray

By *ueen of sleeze OP   Woman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Always have been, but what they done now?"

Its just there whole do as I say mentality.

They are a tick box exercise no value at all

By *ueen of sleeze OP   Woman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"One of the most pointless organisations ever !!! Have nothing to do with how well out children are educated only to do with tick boxes

And as for how the UK educate or rather train our children to pass exams don't get me started

!!!!!!!!

Ray"

Well said xx

By *esse1972Man
over a year ago

Rugeley

Just smile and imagine them naked ??

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I used to work in a children's nursery before ofsted, then went on to do childminding. I quit because of the stupid nit picky rules and regulations, also the ridiculously large amount of paperwork that went with it. No wonder there's a shortage of good quality childcare in this country.

over a year ago

"When did they become such assholes

They need a shake up

Just a Tuesday rant"

When I was a teacher I told one of them to 'Go fuck yourself!' then walked out that day.. Best decision I EVER made.

over a year ago

Completely ridiculous. The pressure it puts on schools is disgusting.

Also I don’t see how rating a school as a RI or inadequate helps. It just causes stigma for the school, it’s staff and more worryingly, it’s pupils. Such an outdated system that adds no value at all.

over a year ago

You know how the saying goes;

Those who can’t, teach. Those who can’t teach, ofsted.

over a year ago

"When did they become such assholes

They need a shake up

Just a Tuesday rant"

Sounds like a lot of people on here...

over a year ago

"Completely ridiculous. The pressure it puts on schools is disgusting.

Also I don’t see how rating a school as a RI or inadequate helps. It just causes stigma for the school, it’s staff and more worryingly, it’s pupils. Such an outdated system that adds no value at all. "

However. A lot of parents swear by it.

over a year ago

"Completely ridiculous. The pressure it puts on schools is disgusting.

Also I don’t see how rating a school as a RI or inadequate helps. It just causes stigma for the school, it’s staff and more worryingly, it’s pupils. Such an outdated system that adds no value at all.

However. A lot of parents swear by it. "

Because they don’t know any better. They think they’re doing the right thing by sending their children to a Good or Outstanding school when there really is no guarantee it’s a better school. It may be good for the high achievers, but not the other 85% of pupils

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Because without Ofsted, things would be even worse?

over a year ago

"Because without Ofsted, things would be even worse?"

One in three children leave primary school unable to read properly

Could things BE any worse?

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I have experience of them - somebody seriously needs to inspect the inspectors.

Some were a complete joke and the process was farcical.

over a year ago

"Because without Ofsted, things would be even worse?

Could things BE any worse?"

Teachers or ofsted inspectors fault ?

over a year ago

Teachers or ofsted inspectors

fault ?"

Teachers are forced to teach according to OFSTED criteria; if schools had more freedom to teach children according to their needs, rather than to pass a narrow exam based curriculum, all would benefit.

By *aughty Lovers 69Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

Inspectors are also under a lot of pressure with timescales and paperwork, not saying that the system works well but is improving over time and it is better now that inspectors are experienced in the field they are inspecting, nursery inspectors have experience in nurseries whereas before secondary inspectors would inspect nurseries. Total madness

Its unfair to tarnish all inspectors with the same brush and yes some of them are waaaaay too picky and unfair but they not all the same, there are lovely ones out there and at the end of the day they are just trying to do their jobs collecting evidence on a mass scale in very little time, they are people too xx

over a year ago

Teachers or ofsted inspectors fault ?"

I wasn't trying to apportion blame

over a year ago

That is not Ofsted's fault. That is the fault of the government who expect teachers to teach children academic skills when their brains are not developed enough for academic learning.....

We only need to look at Sweden and Norway to see that their social discourse style of teaching where resilience and confidence are foundations. Formal learning starts at 7 when the childs brain is in readiness.

I work in Early Years and it is not just setting standards for teaching

Grade descriptors ensure that knowledge regarding safegaurding, safer recruitment, qualified staff and ratios and having policies in place are a huge focus.

Under the new grading structure safegaurding and CPD are a big focus.

I would rather have Ofsted than not tbh, you would be getting children put into all sorts of risk from not having properly qualified staff to cut costs and no policy adherence which is there to keep everyone in check and safe

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

They could definitely be worse. As in every profession there are good and bad ones - teachers and heads need a prod every so often to make the bad ones feel uncomfortable. Possibly even improve.

There aren’t many things more important than children’s education so I don’t want it unregulated or “we police ourselves” because that never works.

The current system could definitely be improved and whoever guides Ofsted should be ashamed of themselves. However the schools are currently failing children and it’s the most disadvantaged that suffer most.

Poorer kids don’t get private tutors or their parents putting them in better schools; they are made to do their best with wherever they are.

It gets particularly sad when things like lack of reading and literacy are mentioned; if you can’t read properly then you can’t even access the rest of the curriculum

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I am okay with O.F.S.T.E.D

I see a lot of things written above that only indicate to me that most posters don't know OFSTED requirements.

over a year ago

"I am okay with O.F.S.T.E.D

I see a lot of things written above that only indicate to me that most posters don't know OFSTED requirements.

"

Even Ofsted dont know Ofsted requirements

They make most of it up as they go along

over a year ago

The government are to blame for everything all professions and the nhs! Case closed

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"I used to work in a children's nursery before ofsted, then went on to do childminding. I quit because of the stupid nit picky rules and regulations, also the ridiculously large amount of paperwork that went with it. No wonder there's a shortage of good quality childcare in this country. "

One of the reasons I quit also..... along with a high percentage of the parents being bullshitting arseholes!

The paperwork was getting more and more each year, the constant changes and tweaks.

Did you know that there is no 'standard' when they give you an inspection? It is just their interpretation of the requirements, where 1 inspector will fail you, the next will give you an outstanding.

By *aughty Lovers 69Man
over a year ago

Wallasey

"I am okay with O.F.S.T.E.D

Even Ofsted dont know Ofsted requirements

They make most of it up as they go along"

Ha

That's a bit harsh, do you know what pressure inspectors are under and they have a very detailed evidence based criteria that has to be abided by. If you know your job well then it shouldn't be an issue when inspectors come out, welcome the feedback xx

Post new Message to Thread