Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ricky Gervais hosts the Golden Globes

Jump to newest

By *rumpyMcFuckNugget OP   Man
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

He wont be asked again that's for sure .

For those that haven't watched the first 7 minutes, watch it now.

Fucking Hero

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I only know who he is because of this

https://youtu.be/4qUP981Pi7s

over a year ago

Ha ha was it bad???

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Ha ha was it bad???"
Yes . But awesome

over a year ago

He said this was his last one and he didn't care anymore

Not that he cared before

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

" The Irishman was such a long film that when Leonardo DiCaprio watched it , by the end his date was too old for him "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman
over a year ago

On a mooch

" " The Irishman was such a long film that when Leonardo DiCaprio watched it , by the end his date was too old for him "

"

and that was a polite one... he didn’t hold back any punches !

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

" " The Irishman was such a long film that when Leonardo DiCaprio watched it , by the end his date was too old for him "

and that was a polite one... he didn’t hold back any punches ! "

He sure didnt . It was award worthy in itself . The whole of Hollywood shamed in 7 minutes

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I need to watch it.

over a year ago

On a mooch

and that was a polite one... he didn’t hold back any punches ! He sure didnt . It was award worthy in itself . The whole of Hollywood shamed in 7 minutes "

Every time they panned to Tom Hanks his eyes were popping out and jaw hitting the table. Who knows what he said in the beeped out bits

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I need to watch it."
You do , immediately, will brighten up your day

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I need to watch it."

Just imagine anything you could say that was politically incorrect, he said it !

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I need to watch it.

Just imagine anything you could say that was politically incorrect, he said it ! "

And it was a joy to behold

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I need to watch it.

Just imagine anything you could say that was politically incorrect, he said it ! "

Excellent,I can't be doing with watching awards ceremonies like that but it sounds most entertaining.

over a year ago

Ricky is a comedy God...well probably not a God...

By *rmrs1234Couple
over a year ago

Waterford

Jeffrey Epstein gets a mention too. It was just brilliant

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Not normally a fan of the man, but this sounds like worth a watch.

over a year ago

Good old Ricky, you can always rely on him for a total lack of reverence and tact

over a year ago

On a mooch

"I need to watch it.

Just imagine anything you could say that was politically incorrect, he said it !

Excellent,I can't be doing with watching awards ceremonies like that but it sounds most entertaining."

Me neither but his opening I was sent this morning, I have no idea who won anything

over a year ago

"Not normally a fan of the man, but this sounds like worth a watch. "

He annoys me at times too, always has. But over and over again he says things that I just couldn't agree more with. And when he gets it right he makes astonishingly good television.

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I need to watch it.

Excellent,I can't be doing with watching awards ceremonies like that but it sounds most entertaining.

Me neither but his opening I was sent this morning, I have no idea who won anything "

Me neither , couldnt give a toss either

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Just listened to it. Brilliant, even managed to have a pop at Prince Andrew

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Just listened to it. Brilliant, even managed to have a pop at Prince Andrew "
It was majestic

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

The 2019 death list not being diverse enough has completely gone under the radar and not getting the recognition it deserves as a joke.

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"The 2019 death list not being diverse enough has completely gone under the radar and not getting the recognition it deserves as a joke. "

Most of the laughter was awkward by the slebs.

They were mainly all squirming

over a year ago

Much prefer award shows like this. I've found a lot of award shows are just being used to forward the celebs political views

over a year ago

On a mooch

"Much prefer award shows like this. I've found a lot of award shows are just being used to forward the celebs political views"

He mentions that to !

over a year ago

"Much prefer award shows like this. I've found a lot of award shows are just being used to forward the celebs political views

He mentions that to ! "

I can't find the whole segment, just highlights.

Anyone got a youtube link?

over a year ago

"He wont be asked again that's for sure .

Fucking Hero "

He’s made my year already. Fucking hate celebrity culture.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I always find unless the person you are aiming your jokes at are in on the joke and are happy with them then it makes uncomfortable viewing. A bit like people saying "it is only banter" when they know they are upsetting someone and carrying on anyway.

I can't stand the man anyway so I doubt anything he says would make me laugh

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"I always find unless the person you are aiming your jokes at are in on the joke and are happy with them then it makes uncomfortable viewing. A bit like people saying "it is only banter" when they know they are upsetting someone and carrying on anyway.

I can't stand the man anyway so I doubt anything he says would make me laugh "

ahhh at last rugby!!!! something we agree on lol I find him as funny as a wet week in Blackpool!!! lol

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I always find unless the person you are aiming your jokes at are in on the joke and are happy with them then it makes uncomfortable viewing. A bit like people saying "it is only banter" when they know they are upsetting someone and carrying on anyway.

I can't stand the man anyway so I doubt anything he says would make me laugh "

We all have different tastes indeed .

I think hes a genius and if you watch After Life , that is why !!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I can't stand the man anyway so I doubt anything he says would make me laugh We all have different tastes indeed .

I think hes a genius and if you watch After Life , that is why !!"

I don't doubt we all have different tastes....I doubt watching another programme on him will make me change my mind.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

ahhh at last rugby!!!! something we agree on lol I find him as funny as a wet week in Blackpool!!! lol "

I thought I was going to be the only one...damn.

over a year ago

I can't stand the man anyway so I doubt anything he says would make me laugh We all have different tastes indeed .

I'm not a big fan of his, but I thought Extras was a one of a kind show

By *orthyorkypairCouple
over a year ago

North Yorkshire

ahhh at last rugby!!!! something we agree on lol I find him as funny as a wet week in Blackpool!!! lol

I thought I was going to be the only one...damn."

think we are the only two!!!!! but hey ho lol

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

I liked his advice for their Acceptance speech.... no politics, thank your agent, thank your God and then fuck off

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I liked his advice for their Acceptance speech.... no politics, thank your agent, thank your God and then fuck off"
Absofuckinlutely

over a year ago

I'm not a big fan of his, but I thought Extras was a one of a kind show "

The office...Worth a watch and the American version... the start of a whole new style of comedy

over a year ago

Fucking Hero "

He has been as bad if not worse on previous occasions yet they keep asking him back. I doubt it will be his last time hosting it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

I don't doubt we all have different tastes....I doubt watching another programme on him will make me change my mind. "

This..

He was there to present a show, not to rip into the audience and yes they may be in some cases be full of themselves but some also support and speak out on important issues which given the whole bizarre modern cult of fame will reach more people..

over a year ago

I don't doubt we all have different tastes....I doubt watching another programme on him will make me change my mind.

This..

He was there to present a show, not to rip into the audience and yes they may be in some cases be full of themselves but some also support and speak out on important issues which given the whole bizarre modern cult of fame will reach more people..

"

‘Woke’ Hollywood is just utterly insufferable tho....the hypocrisy of them is a little overwhelming and makes me feel sick at times

over a year ago

100%. Afterlife is pure genius. The fishfinger scene

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

The Andrew pun was priceless

over a year ago

On a mooch

This..

"

They knew what they were getting though, not the first time he’s done it

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The globes trying to be edgy & relevant by hanging out with the ‘cool guy’ ... however he isn’t cool & it is still a self congratulatory wankfest like all award shows

over a year ago

in Lancashire

This..

They knew what they were getting though, not the first time he’s done it "

Absolutely, it's an easy target and he knows they won't flounce out or heckle..

To be fair I'm not a fan so perhaps I'm biased against him..

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

It’s great to see the ‘up their arses’ brigade looking really uncomfortable and grinning through their teeth, Comedy gold

By *onedbodMan
over a year ago

co Galway

He was brilliant! Saying it was his last one so didn't care who he offended! Glad he didn't offend De Niro and Pacino though 2 legends!

over a year ago

On a mooch

This..

To be fair I'm not a fan so perhaps I'm biased against him.. "

I’m not a fan of his either, but those 7 minutes had me much needed chuckling this morning

over a year ago

I loved what he said about Apple!

over a year ago

Never, ever get away with it in the UK Ofcom would be overloaded!

over a year ago

Hilarious!

over a year ago

He was brilliant, need more like him not these fake celebs who don't live in the real world.

over a year ago

My adorable son said "we don't deserve that man". As usual, he's right. I remember him way back on the 11 o'clock show, given the task of filling Ali G's shoes. He brought his own shoes, he was so gloriously offensive.

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I wonder if anyone actually did or were going to give a political speech then chickened out??

Surely one of them would have mentioned saving the planet it Iran situation?

over a year ago

in Lancashire

This..

To be fair I'm not a fan so perhaps I'm biased against him..

I’m not a fan of his either, but those 7 minutes had me much needed chuckling this morning "

Good for the soul..

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Not normally a fan of the man, but this sounds like worth a watch. "

I'm not a fan either but will take a look at this

over a year ago

Pahahaha!! I think I love Ricky Gervaise

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Im not a fan of making jokes about people with mental health issues.

Rips the shit out of apple and amazon, but only cause he has a deal done with netflix.

over a year ago

I don't doubt we all have different tastes....I doubt watching another programme on him will make me change my mind. "

Strangely enough watching After Life did change my mind on him completely.

Absolutely brilliant!

By *essicarabbitXXXWoman
over a year ago

Sittingbourne

He always says it how it is

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

He can be a bit annoying and sometimes crosses the line with some cases.

But when it comes to ripping in to celebrities, especially the a list celebs he doesn't hold back and doesn't ignore a tabboo subject.

These are the people that need to be told, joke or not. I like that he doesn't shy away from those "above us" and that while he may punch down with his jokes he also certainly punches up too.

over a year ago

I would vote for him , RJ 4 PM !

over a year ago

Not keen on him at all, had a watch and well it's all been done before hasn't it really. Don't they almost expect it now.

By *orksRockerMan
over a year ago

Bradford

Fucking Hero "

My thoughts exactly... Hero!!!

over a year ago

Rickey Gervais brutal. Absolutely, brutal for the celebs loved it.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Fucking Hero

My thoughts exactly... Hero!!! "

They said that after each of the first 4 times though.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Fucking Hero "

Absolutely brilliant!

over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

100%. Afterlife is pure genius. The fishfinger scene

"

100% Agreed . The guy is a genius .

Just my opinion

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Makes me proud to be British.

Post new Message to Thread