Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dog fouling

Jump to newest

By *empsey and hotpiece OP   Man
over a year ago

North west

Just been for a walk with the mutt, and was shocked by the amount of dog poop and bags of dog poop just left on the pavement,it really grinds my gears. Are there really that many irresponsible dog owners? My opinion is if your such a lazy dosser that you can’t pick up, you shouldn’t own a dog.

The law needs to allow a tougher stance on people caught.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Offside

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

The bit I don't get is when they go to the hassle of picking it up, then just leave the full bag of dog shit lying around. You've done the hard part!

By *hisCharManMan
over a year ago

South Manchester

Or hang it from a tree or bush

By *allgirthyMan
over a year ago

Harrogate

Fully agree with this - mindless idiots!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Or hang it from a tree or bush "

Like a shitty Christmas tree

By *hisCharManMan
over a year ago

South Manchester

"Or hang it from a tree or bush

Like a shitty Christmas tree"

That and a pair of old pumps and a bike tyre on the top

By *epsonWoman
over a year ago

Biddulph

"The bit I don't get is when they go to the hassle of picking it up, then just leave the full bag of dog shit lying around. You've done the hard part! "

People I have spoken to, say they don't like carrying it. Happy to pick it up, but not carry it for miles. They said they would bin it if there were more available bins.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

What I tend to notice is that it is at it worst around the. Christmas period. And to a lesser extent during school holidays.

Seems to be people who suddenly have free time to walk their dogs, or their kids are walking the dog.

Not that it is shit free the rest of the year but you certainly notice the increase during these times.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"The bit I don't get is when they go to the hassle of picking it up, then just leave the full bag of dog shit lying around. You've done the hard part!

People I have spoken to, say they don't like carrying it. Happy to pick it up, but not carry it for miles. They said they would bin it if there were more available bins."

Laziness that!

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"The bit I don't get is when they go to the hassle of picking it up, then just leave the full bag of dog shit lying around. You've done the hard part!

People I have spoken to, say they don't like carrying it. Happy to pick it up, but not carry it for miles. They said they would bin it if there were more available bins."

Shitty excuse!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I'd have to say to those people tough shit really, carry the bags as far as you need to. You get yourself a dog, you know the responsibilities.

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

That's a crap excuse in my opinion. It's not the councils responsibility to help dog owners look after their dog. If you want a dog, you deal with the shit that comes out of it! Otherwise it's just fly tipping, which is also illegal.

By *inkyandperky555Couple
over a year ago

swansea

Totally agree with all that said about dog shit but what about the mindless wankers that leave broken bottles about even worse if you ask me.

By *epsonWoman
over a year ago

Biddulph

I wasn't saying it was right, I was saying what dog owners have told me

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Totally agree with all that said about dog shit but what about the mindless wankers that leave broken bottles about even worse if you ask me. "

Tends to be the same people to be honest. If they had a dog they would leave the shit.

You just have to look at the beeches after a hot day in the summer. Trash and waste, broken bottles, empty cans etc left as far as the eye can see, but 1 little dog shit and people lose their minds.

As I say it will generally be the same people that do it.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I wasn't saying it was right, I was saying what dog owners have told me "

I know

By *epsonWoman
over a year ago

Biddulph

"I wasn't saying it was right, I was saying what dog owners have told me

I know "

I was a dog owner. I used to take pooh bags and a carrier bag every day. I brought all litter home from my walk. Eventually I struck up a deal with a council worker. I left all the litter behind a certain hedge, and twice a week he collected it

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

DAMN

Thought it was another thread moaning about VAR.

Didn't realise that dogs played football in a league.....well I never

By *empsey and hotpiece OP   Man
over a year ago

North west

If you’ve got a dog and walk the same routes, you know where the bins are, I always do a quick calculation if it’s nearer doubling back to a bin I’ve past or carrying on to the next one.

If they can’t carry it, same applies, they shouldn’t have a dog.

Post new Message to Thread